Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Easy way to avoid the wrath of the fans I guess....

Alone together in a world of evil - Dean and Sam Winchester
"After all is said and done, one and one still is one"

Icon by albino_princess
Old 10-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Absolute Fan

To me, this season will hinge on how they do with Cas, I'm not a big fan of them trying to go back to the glory days because it's stale and I find it boring...if they fix Cas and actually have a decent story, then this season could be a success, but if not, then it's just another failure in my eyes...

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 10-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

I miss Cas, I really do and I'd love to get him back. I want him back, but I l'll never think of them going back to basic as stale. It's what I've been longing for. I just can't see why them being brothers and getting along, can't involve Cas.

Icon by albino_princess
Old 10-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith_in_Faith (View Post)
I miss Cas, I really do and I'd love to get him back. I want him back, but I l'll never think of them going back to basic as stale. It's what I've been longing for. I just can't see why them being brothers and getting along, can't involve Cas.
The thing that comes across as stale for me is their insistence that somehow getting back to the two brothers means that somehow Cas has to exit, I mean, what is wrong with Sam and Dean being brothers and have a friend in Cas? I thought this show was about how family don't end in blood, not just it's only Sam and Dean and that's all that matters.

There's no reason why they can't go back to old school and still have Cas around, the storylines and landscape have changed and I feel like the show is trying to shove a square into a circle and it just doesn't work.

Cas brought something more to the show, he expanded Sam and Dean's horizons and relationships, we got to see more and different sides of them, we got to see their growth, I don't understand how that can ever be a bad thing. Cas's story is a part of Sam and Dean's, he's not a threat.

Maybe if Cas had never existed, then yeah, this would be perfect and everything all okay and nothing is missing, but the fact remains is that we had Cas, we saw Cas, we love Cas, now taking it away is like ripping out a part of our hearts. It'll always feel like something vital is missing.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 10-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

That's kind of what I meant. That we could have Cas, too. I know it would have worked.

Icon by albino_princess
Old 10-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith_in_Faith (View Post)
That's kind of what I meant. That we could have Cas, too. I know it would have worked.
Exactly, we could have Cas in there if the writers really put an effort into making a working storyline, heck, even many fanfic writers have given plenty of plausible ways for an even better and emotionally-charged storyline. Only now we just have everyone brooding around with really no personal stake in going after the Leviathan other than we don't want them to kill us.

Why can't it be the boys' motivation to really go after the Leviathans be because they need to save Cas from the Leviathans? I mean, I'd rather see that storyline than anything else.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 10-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

There is definitely room in the storyline for Cas, I know they wanted to strip the boys and make them helpless, but they could have done it in different ways. Cas could still be an angel but even he couldn't fight the Leviathian, or they could have stripped him of his wings...or at the very least, have him still trapped and held hostage by the leviathan. Very disappointed that Cas was just brushed aside.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 10-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considering Disobedience (View Post)
There is definitely room in the storyline for Cas, I know they wanted to strip the boys and make them helpless, but they could have done it in different ways. Cas could still be an angel but even he couldn't fight the Leviathian, or they could have stripped him of his wings...or at the very least, have him still trapped and held hostage by the leviathan. Very disappointed that Cas was just brushed aside.
I think I have finally discovered why when I read Sera's interviews, I always get angry, because from the way she talks about Cas, she pretty much just refers to him as an object, or a plot-point, or a tool to push forward the next plot-twist. It's like she has a disconnect from us, that for her, Cas is just another plot tool while to us, Cas is actually a real character with his own value more than just being Sam and Dean's convenient savior.

She never refers to Cas as his own value character, motivation, or feelings, it's just him as the kick-start to the season or the plot tool to show Dean's guilt or something.

It's just sad. Misha was right when he said that the writers simply don't "love" Cas the same way that the fans do.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 10-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Elite Fan

Sera clearly is an idiot when it comes to Cas!

Icon by albino_princess
Old 10-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Could not agree with you more! For her it's all about Sam. Even Dean gets the shaft from her.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 10-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Could not agree with you more! For her it's all about Sam. Even Dean gets the shaft from her.
I get I should be glad that at least Cas gets a mention...at least it's not simply that he just doesn't exist anymore...

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 10-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

I just want them to mention Cas for real.. I mean, I feel like they act like he wasn't exist.. Sigh..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 10-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlyshorty85 (View Post)
I just want them to mention Cas for real.. I mean, I feel like they act like he wasn't exist.. Sigh..
Yeah, I wish they actually talk about Cas or at least have one episode of mourning for the guy, and not just this suddenly Cas-gone-move-on thing!

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 10-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlyshorty85 (View Post)
At least we're getting little mentions of him now...hopefully it'll lead to actually dealing with his 'death'
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 11-01-2011, 01:04 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
At least we're getting little mentions of him now...hopefully it'll lead to actually dealing with his 'death'
Oh that would be great! Although I can't say I'll have any high expectations of them actually dealing with his death.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Closed Thread   Post New Thread