- Because we love to hear Bobby say "Damn it Dean!"
- Because the first person Dean calls when he and Sammy are in trouble is Bobby
- Because Bobby calls Dean an 'idjit!'
- Because Bobby isn't a ditchable prom date
- Because family don't end with blood
- Because without Dean there, Bobby turned to alcohol
- Because Robert Steven Singer is the closest thing Dean has to a father
- Because even if Dean has a 'bad idea', Bobby is by his side
- Because he was so happy to see Dean he almost forgot to spray him with holy water
- Because Bobby would have followed Dean into hell if he could!
- Because Dean thinks Bobby is awesome!
- Because Bobby thinks Dean is adorable!

Credit: Captain Oatsocute

Quotes

~ Dream A Little Dream Of Me ~

Dean: "Look at me. Look at me! You've gotta snap out of this now, you've gotta snap out of this NOW! You're not gonna die, I'm not gonna let you die. I'm not gonna let you die! You're like a father to me. You've got to believe me, please!"

Dean: "Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Your name is Robert Steven Singer, you became a hunter after your wife got possessed, and you're about the closest thing I have to a father. Bobby, it's me."

~ No Rest For The Wicked ~

Bobby: "Where d'you think you're going?"
Dean: "We got the knife."
Bobby: "And you intend to use it without me? Do I look like a ditchable prom date to you?"

Dean: "This is about me. And Sam, okay, this isn't your fight."
Bobby: "The HELL it isn't! Family don't end with blood, boy."

PQ: In recent episodes, we've seen the close relationship between Bobby and Dean. Bobby has Dean down for his next-of-kin for emergencies. We see Dean keeping constant vigil over Bobby before the boys are able to wake him from his sleep-coma. Do you think Dean sees Bobby almost as more of a father figure to look up to than John was?

Jim Beaver: Well, it’s kind of starting to seem that way to me. I don’t know so clearly what Dean’s relationship with John was in terms of how it’s different from Bobby. But I know that he knows that Bobby isn’t going to give him the same kind of hard time that John did on occasion. And I think he knows that Bobby will be straight with all the time. I don’t know if it’s a father figure or just a great uncle figure. But I do see the relationship getting stronger and stronger, and that’s really fun to play. I’m enjoying that a lot.

Future thread titles:
Because Bobby is the Dad Dean always needed and Dean is the son Bobby never got.

Aga

Old 12-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Aga!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 12-05-2011, 05:32 AM
Total Fan

You're welcome!

I LOVED Dean and Bobby playing catch! We always knew it, but it was shown clearly in the last ep, that Bobby's always been a father to the boys. He took care of them and made sure they had time just to be kids.

It broke my heart seeing Dean so devastated in that hospital

Aga

Old 12-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

They never told us just what Bobby and John fought about that created the rift between them, but I'm pretty sure it must have had something to do with the boys/Dean. They didn't make it clear if the rift started before or after Sam left for school but I could see Bobby standing up for Sam's choice to leave, or sticking up for Dean after Sam left. What little childhood Dean had was because of Bobby. I'm so thankful to him for that. I would include Sam in there as well, but I think Dean also played a huge part in Sam being able to be a kid, probably because of what he learned from his 'uncle' Bobby. I love when Dean said that!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 12-06-2011, 01:18 AM
Total Fan

^ THIS

IA, I think it was thanks to Dean that Sam got to be a usual kid sometimes, too. And of course, Dean learnt it from Bobby.
This must've caused the disagreement between John and Bobby. Shame that John couldn't see just how much Bobby had done for the boys and how much he cared. Anyway, the boys were so lucky to have him in their lives!

Aga

Old 12-06-2011, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt! omg that gif! is so amazing!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Total Fan

Welcome for the thread!

Aga

Old 12-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

you rock aga! just like the bond btw bobby & dean! i see bobby more as dean & sam's dad than john!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Total Fan

Aw, thank you

Yep, I definitely see Bobby more as their father. I hope he'll be okay and they won't kill him off, but the last episode hasn't left me with much hope tbh

Aga

Old 12-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love that Dean is his favorite! ...gosh I gotta go back and watch that episode.

I think in a lot of ways Dean's bond with Bobby is stronger than his bond with John. I really wish we could see John's opinion of Bobby now, maybe the rift was fueled by John being jealous of Bobby and how much respect his boys/Dean had for him.

What pisses me off is that the boys had to rely on Bobby to have a childhood, yet John was willing to give a childhood to Adam. (and I like Adam, but it still pisses me off)
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 12-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

i agree bee! bobby def treated the boys way better than john ever did. i also hope that the boys have bobby back soon!
Old 12-07-2011, 03:00 AM
Total Fan

Yep, I think jealousy had some part in that rift between Bobby and John. I'm sure John was jealous it wasn't him who played catch with the boys, it wasn't him who had fun with them, but Bobby. Maybe he felt a lot of regrets about that and seeing Bobby reminded him of it all the time, reminded him he hadn't been a good father to his boys? One might pity him, but on the other hand, he managed to give childhood to Adam, as Bee said.

Aga

Old 12-08-2011, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly! I have no pitty for John at all. I think he thinks he was doing the best to protect his boys, but he had to have seen how his obsession for revenge ruined their childhoods.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 12-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Total Fan

Maybe he was so obsessed about killing the YED that he didn't even notice how his actions had affected his boys? But yet he had time to notice his third son might have needed a true father from time to time

Aga

Old 12-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly! The way he treated any of them wasn't acceptable, but especially poor Dean. He put so much pressure on him. Adam was the luckiest one, he barely had John in his life. I hated how even between Dean and Sam there was so much differance in his parenting, what made Sam so special that it was worth sacrificing Dean for, to an extent, you know? I'm not blaming Sam, I'm just at the very least John could have treated the boys fairly. That's why I LOVE Bobby sticking up for Dean, he clearly saw how John was mistreating him and fixed it the best way he could.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Closed Thread   Post New Thread