Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnicky
Is it just me or was I being weird when I thought of Sam being so hot while on the quiz bee competition and he's answering all the questions correctly?

Nothing beats a goegeous guy with a working brain.
Not weird at all. There's nothing quite like a guy that's smart. My husband is very smart, and it's one of the things that drew me to him.
Proud Gyllenho #4
Old 06-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

See? I knew sombody would understand.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Is it just me or was I being weird when I thought of Sam being so hot while on the quiz bee competition and he's answering all the questions correctly?

Nothing beats a goegeous guy with a working brain.
Of course I found it hot The other two were having problems and he just kinda looked up and said the answer kinda soft like. Loooved his voice!

And he said shut up in this movie too! It was cute!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

there is a lot of googly eyes in this one. love jake here....esp. the scene in the plane, when he holds Emmy' s hand.

Jenn: i can tell U really love "shut up" jakey!
Old 06-12-2006, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I love the plane scene, too.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Oh, I love the plane scene, too.
Yes, he was scared and it showed big-time. And the way he grabbed her hand was precious. I'd love to comfort a scared Jake.
Proud Gyllenho #4
Old 06-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Loyal Fan

This was the first movie I saw Jake in. I went to see it the day it opened, because I like disaster movies, and because I was curious about the idea the movie is based on, that global warming could trigger an ice age by increasing the amount of fresh water melting from glaciers into the North Atlantic.

When I first saw him, I thought, there's the guy from Spiderman! It took me a while to realize that he wasn't Toby McGuire.

After TDAT, I rented "October Sky" and "Bubble Boy". I saw "Donnie Darko" when the Director's cut was released a few months after TDAT. In all of these films, Jake plays a high school senior. It's interesting to see how much his face lengthened from 1999 (October Sky) to 2004 (TDAT).

One thing about TDAT that I feel compelled to tell everyone - I read an interview with some professors from the Univ of Washington about the inaccuracies in the film. One was that those giant hurricanes that flash-froze people on Earth's surface by drawing down cold air from the stratosphere would have actually flash-fried them, because the air molecules from the tops of the hurricanes would have been heated by friction with all the air molecules they rushed past on the way down.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow! That's an interesting explanation. So they should've shown that people will flash-fried, as you said? Funny, that's one of the scenes I really enjoyed on that film.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedude
One thing about TDAT that I feel compelled to tell everyone - I read an interview with some professors from the Univ of Washington about the inaccuracies in the film. One was that those giant hurricanes that flash-froze people on Earth's surface by drawing down cold air from the stratosphere would have actually flash-fried them, because the air molecules from the tops of the hurricanes would have been heated by friction with all the air molecules they rushed past on the way down.
That is definitely interesting. My husband would love to hear that, and I'm sure it sparks great debate among the masses.

The movie may have been unrealistic in places, but the idea as a whole is a good one. Anything that can get people to become aware of global issues is a good thing.
Proud Gyllenho #4
Old 06-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, at least it actually relayed the message in a good way. Films aren't expected to be 100% accurate most of the times. Nonetheless, it was only made for entertainment, it'll be a plus point if it's made to entertain and to add more information.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:06 AM
Addicted Fan

With so many new people, I figured we could have this as the thread of the week, since it's a popular movie.

So, any newbies want to discuss/analyze this movie?
Proud Gyllenho #4
Old 07-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Me?! I am a newbie! I wanna discuss it.

Aside from Jake being the smartest hottie in this film, I love the effects and the editing.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Me?! I am a newbie! I wanna discuss it.

Okay, we'll allow you to discuss it too.
Proud Gyllenho #4
Old 07-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So my favorite scene (well, one of my fave scenes) was when they are about to go the Library and the waves is there... and Sam came back for Laura. Aw, how sweet.

I love the effects of the movie, too. Oh, that scene when the helicopters engine died down because of the icy cold... then the pilot looked out to see what's happening and he just literally freeze! It was great.

And the plane scene, too. Sam's a hottie who's so scared of flying.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
So my favorite scene (well, one of my fave scenes) was when they are about to go the Library and the waves is there... and Sam came back for Laura. Aw, how sweet.

I love the effects of the movie, too. Oh, that scene when the helicopters engine died down because of the icy cold... then the pilot looked out to see what's happening and he just literally freeze! It was great.

And the plane scene, too. Sam's a hottie who's so scared of flying.
All great scenes you mentioned, Gay. And I like the effects in the movie too. Realistic or not, I loved watching the effects on the big screen.
Proud Gyllenho #4