Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2008, 12:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Jenn** (View Post)
An original romantic comedy about a naïve small town waitress who accidentally gets a nail buried in her head, causing erratic and outrageous behavior that leads her to Washington DC. There she falls for a dashing, but clueless, Congressman who searches for the courage to save her

Jake's new movie which I've read he's now in Columbia, South Carolina to film now.
Who is playing the congressman? I heard James Marsden is in here too. Le sigh.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

^^ Jake is playing the congressman I'm not sure who James is playing
Old 05-02-2008, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

jenn, i don't think the hair is that bad. why do you hate it?

Old 05-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by teena1013 (View Post)
jenn, i don't think the hair is that bad. why do you hate it?

Cause I don't like that comb over part thing he has going! I like messy haired Jake when his hair is longer like it is! I can't help it..I like when it looks like he's just ran his fingers through it!
Old 05-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new pics. I don't like the hair.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's possible for him to be a government figure and still have great hair. Look at Rendition!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

okay. i took a look at those pics again and i've changed my mind. the combed over hair is pretty awful

Old 05-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
okay. i took a look at those pics again and i've changed my mind. the combed over hair is pretty awful

Hehe! I knew you'd change your mind

The other pics that we've seen...with the blue and yellow striped tie - the hair isn't too bad.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ya, in those pics jake's hair was okay.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hopefully his hair isn't bad during the whole movie!
Old 05-06-2008, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ya, maybe they fix it differently in some scenes.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
ya, maybe they fix it differently in some scenes.

Hehe, I think it's going to be bad in the whole movie!
Old 05-07-2008, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Jenn** (View Post)
Hehe, I think it's going to be bad in the whole movie!
i hope it's not an omen that the movie will be bad.

it's official. james brolin has replaced james caan in the movie. this is from reuters.com:

Brolin and Alley sign on for Russell's "Nailed"

By Gregg Goldstein

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - James Brolin is replacing James Caan in David O. Russell's "Nailed," with Kirstie Alley and Olivia Crocicchia also boarding the politically charged romantic comedy.

Caan departed the film three weeks ago, in large part because of a spat with Russell ("I Heart Huckabees") about the proper way for his politico character to choke on a cookie. Brolin can turn to his son Josh for advice: The younger Brolin will portray George W. Bush choking on a pretzel in a scene from Oliver Stone's upcoming biopic.

Alley, in her first feature role since 2002, will play a veterinarian who fails to remove a nail from the head of her niece (Jessica Biel). With the help of a disgruntled tween (Crocicchia), the injured woman travels to Washington to fight for better health care and falls for a congressman (Jake Gyllenhaal).

Brolin last played a politician in 2003, when he starred as Ronald Reagan in Showtime's "The Reagans."

Last edited by teena1013; 05-07-2008 at 03:14 AM
Old 05-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the tidbit, Teena
Old 05-08-2008, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

you're welcome, jenn. i think james & kirstie will fit right in with the rest of the cast.

ETA : uh oh the movie is in trouble.

Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Biel Ordered To Walk Off ‘Nailed’ Set
May 10, 2008

Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Biel have been ordered by the Screen Actor’s Guild to walk off the set off their new movie, directed by the cantankerous David O. Russell, because of financing issues. Production is only half-way completed. It remains uncertain if/when filming will resume.

David O. Russell’s indie political comedy Nailed which began filming in April was shut down by the Screen Actors Guild on Friday because of insufficient funds on deposit with the guild. Weve also learned the Columbia, S.C. shoot is in trouble with both IATSE and Teamsters, and some of those union members have left the beleaguered $25 million budgeted production. Rumors are also circulating that the state of South Carolina could withdraw its incentive monies because of the financing problems. Filmmakers hope to resolve the cash crunch and re-start shooting next week since principal photography is only at the halfway point. “I am confident we will finish,” an insider on the pic just told me. “The financing on this like most indies is based on bank loans and bridge loans. This is a matter of waiting on the bridge loan. Hopefully, it will all be resolved.” David Bergstein’s Capitol Films is behind the pic. In 2006, he acquired the UK-based international sales company which over the years has built a good reputation and made a wide range of commercial and critical successes, including Robert Altman’s Gosford Park.

The filmmakers were able to get in a full day of shooting Thursday until SAG put its figurative foot down to protect its members during traditionally more dicey independent productions. We have been told co-stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Biel and the other name actors are all standing by to see if the movie can continue to completion. Some left the location for the weekend to spend Mothers Day with their families. Sources say James Brolin, who replaced Jimmy Caan in the movie after the veteran actor got into a creative battle with Russell and quit, flew in early in the week and completed all his scenes befor the movie was shut down. An insider confirms for me: “It’s been touch and go the entire time. The financiers are doing the best they can. There’s been a cash crunch, that’s for sure. It’s a drag, but they’ll muddle through. Everyone seems happy and committed to the movie and hopefully all this stuff will get worked out.”

The script is based on the novel Sammy’s Hill authored by Al Gore’s daughter, Kristin, (once a staff writer on the TV series Futurama) who co-wrote the script with Russell. The pic’s predicament is unrelated to its helmer. True, the temperamental director is known for turbulent shoots especially when it comes to actors. Already on Nailed, Jimmy Caan stalked off the South Carolina set two weeks ago after he and the helmer couldn’t agree on the best way for the actor to choke to death on a cookie during a scene. The film focuses on a naive small town waitress (Biel) who gets a nail lodged in her head and discovers a new-found sexual drive. When she travels to Washington to fight for better health care for the “bizarrely injured”, she meets an unscrupulous U.S. congressman (Gyllenhaal) who attempts to take advantage of her. Brolin plays the U.S. Speaker Of The House. The movie also stars James Marsden, Catherine Keener, and Tracy Morgan. Those are a lot of name actors to be sidelined. One source with insider knowledge about the production told me Friday, “The actors are waiting to see if the movie will continue. It’s kind of amazing, really.”

Last edited by teena1013; 05-10-2008 at 11:05 PM