Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Howard Ryder/Nailed aka Accidental Love #1: New movie. More to come later! (Spoilers present probably)

An original romantic comedy about a naïve small town waitress who accidentally gets a nail buried in her head, causing erratic and outrageous behavior that leads her to Washington DC. There she falls for a dashing, but clueless, Congressman who searches for the courage to save her

future titles:
Because sometimes you nail love and sometimes it nails you.
Because he's a complicated beautiful man!

Last edited by jakesprincess; 09-26-2015 at 07:16 PM
Old 04-16-2008, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for starting the new thread, jenn.

there have been jake sightings in columbia already. this is from wetdarkandwild:

'That's Jake Gyllenhaal!' - Jake's in Columbia

Jake Gyllenhaal is in town! Well, all right, not this particular town, but he has been seen in Columbia, South Carolina, where, no doubt, he is beginning to make the suit of Howard Ryder a snug fit. One can only hope that the sightings continue apace and we can follow Jake's experience in South Carolina as the immoral young congressman who takes advantage of Alice Eckle.

The two sightings include this from IMDb: 'They're starting to film at the state house this week and Jake Gyllenhaal was at the strom gym the other day and some of my sorority sister got to meet him but he wanted to lay low so they didn't get a picture with him but he said that could be sketchy and take one of him.' However, I think this post may now have been removed from the board.

And here is a great sighting of Jake from yesterday: 'Today, I was driving out to the golf course at Cobblestone Park in Blythewood with three of my student volunteers and we were looking at a wedding book and talking weddings. We were stopped at a light about to turn right and three people came out into the cross walk and started crossing the street. One of the girls in the car screamed, "That's Jake Gyllenhaal!" And it was. White henley, nice jeans, and aviators. And Jake Gyllenhaal! I'm embarrassed to say that all screamed like small children and there is no way he didn't hear us screaming. We could have reached out of the car windows and touched him-- just before getting arrested-- but we could have!'

Old 04-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Pic of Jake on the set

Old 04-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for posting the pic jenn. i'm gonna post the others on the picture thread.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by teena1013 (View Post)
thanks for posting the pic jenn. i'm gonna post the others on the picture thread.

They all looked the same to me Thats why I only posted one
Old 04-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yikes. Apparently, there are some problems on the set of this film.

I guess James Caan walked off the set and they're going to have to re-cast the role he was playing. The same website is claiming Jake had some hissy fit and delayed filming or some such. I personally don't really buy that, but yeah, drama.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith grows old (View Post)
Yikes. Apparently, there are some problems on the set of this film.

I guess James Caan walked off the set and they're going to have to re-cast the role he was playing. The same website is claiming Jake had some hissy fit and delayed filming or some such. I personally don't really buy that, but yeah, drama.
Oh lovely! There were reports on the Brothers set about hissy fits between Jake and Tobey too
Old 04-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Were there? Eh, I take most all of that with a grain of salt. I think Reese summed it up best when she commented on she and Vince Vaughn. She was like, he got really upset that there were rumors we didn't like eachother. He just thought the tabloids would say we were an item, but I told him it would be this! It's like... we're either dating or fhate eachother. It's all bs for the most part, IMO.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I totally agree. As long as there are no stupid rumors of a damn romance between Jake and Jessica, I'll be fine. Luckily both are in solid relationships..
Old 04-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I put nothing past the media, but yeah, I would think they wouldn't go there being it's well known that both are involved. Then again, they could snap an on-set candid and be all, HEADLINE: Where are Justin and Reese Now?!

Old 04-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

^^ Exactly! I hope this movie turns out good It was suppose to be a political satire but now it's being called a romantic comedy. I've been wanting to see him in one too
Old 04-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Well, I hope it's not true that Jake had a hissy fit. It doesn't sound like the Jake we all know and love. And how nice to have somebody hold your umbrella for you!
Proud Gyllenho #4
Old 04-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, the plot of the film didn't sit all that well with me. I could see it as a political satire, but not so much a Rom Com. I guess we'll see! I really want Jake to do a totally fluffy Rom Com. I mean, how perfect a leading man would he be? Gah.

I don't really get the umbrella thing, but I accept it. I don't think it makes him a big ole' diva!1!! All actors are pampered on sets, whether it be a TV show, movie set, whatever. Period.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really wasn't on board when the rumors first started about Jake being in this movie. I just didn't like the sound of it. Jessica's character pretty much being a sex maniac cause of the nail in the head. But now it seems they've changed the story a bit? Maybe to get Jake to actually sign on?

Do I even make sense? I guess I could make an art for the opening. Find a good pic of Jessica. We'll see
Old 04-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

all that gossip is just crap. i dunno how people come up with bizarre things about celebrities and movie gossip all the time.

jenn, ya that nail situation with jessica is really weird. it's good if they really did change it to make it believable.