Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Honourable Woman Maggie Gyllenhaal talks Broadway and working with Jake

Phillip asked the A lister if she would work with brother Jake, who she acted with in Donnie Darko with, again.

She mused: "When you have an existing relationship that is an intense one - like a brother and sister or a husband and wife - because I've worked with him [husband Peter Sarsgaard] a lot too, that existing relationship has to go into the work.

"I would like to work with him some day, I don't think it is the time yet to be completely honest.

"My husband, on the other hand, is writing a part for me that he wants to direct.

"With Jake, it would be so intense - we'd have to be in the right hands with a director we could trust and a script that we could rely on. That is hard to find, you could look for that for a lifetime."

source
Old 08-11-2014, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

FRI, 08 AUGUST 2014 AT 8:30 PM
Maggie Gyllenhaal Is Trying to Keep Her Personal Politics Out of the Press

Maggie Gyllenhaal steps out looking so summer chic on Thursday (August 7) in New York City.

The 36-year-old actress recently said that she will not comment on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to the press. Her new show The Honourable Woman centers around a woman working to promote the reconciliation between Israelis and Palestinians

“What I’ve been doing is trying to read as much as I can and to think and feel each day what my position is,” Maggie told Time. “I’m not sure that I will continue to feel this way as this conflict continues, but at the moment I feel like the show I made, the piece of art I made, does articulate really beautifully so many things I feel about the conflict. And I’m trying to keep my personal politics out of the press. I do believe in the possibility of reconciliation.”

source

Old 08-16-2014, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for that.

Quote:
Director Naomi Foner Discusses Parenting Maggie and Jake Gyllenhaal

ABC/Randy Holmes(NEW YORK) — When Naomi Foner first wrote the film Very Good Girls years ago, it was based on her own experiences as well as those of women close to her, including her daughter, actress Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Now, she’s hoping it resonates with scores of other women — her two young granddaughters, Gyllenhaal’s daughters with actor Peter Sarsgaard, who also appears in the film.

“I do hope that my granddaughters will see it and understand it,” she told ABC News. “I had this fantasy that mothers and daughters would go see this movie together.”

Very Good Girls, a coming-of-age story starring Elizabeth Olsen and Dakota Fanning, explores the friendship between two adolescent girls who are lusting after the same young man, played by Olsen’s real-life fiancé, actor Boyd Holbrook. The person who helped clarify Holbrook’s character? Foner’s son, actor Jake Gyllenhaal.

“Jake was in the editing room frequently. He was the one who pointed out that Boyd’s character was like Clarence in It’s a Wonderful Life, who comes in and tells them something they need to know,” she said. “He gave me some great advice during the making of this.”

Collaborating with her children made the experience of film-making even richer. Foner, who is hoping to make her next film about “women of my own age,” said one of her greatest joys is the close relationship she shares with her kids.

“I can’t say that there’s anything that gives me more pleasure than to get to the point where my children are my friends. I adore my kids. They are spectacular,” she said. “Nothing is more important than family.”
Old 01-12-2015, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Congratulations to Maggie on winning for Best Actress in a Miniseries or TV movie at the Golden Globes! I bet Jake was so proud of her.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Congrats Maggie! It would have been amazing if Jake won a Globe too

Maggie's speech:

Love is a force of nature
Old 01-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

i love that they were eachother's dates and i'm so happy that she won! jake was so proud! they are too cute

Last edited by jakesprincess; 01-13-2015 at 01:33 PM
Old 01-14-2015, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really love how much they support each other and how proud they are of one another.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

me too! it's so wonderful that he got to be there for her win.

Old 01-18-2015, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats to Maggie! Aww, those last two gifs are sweet. They both look great, by the way.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

they're so happy and cute!!
Old 01-18-2015, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Very cute! Their embrace there is so lovely, glad someone giffed it.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

me too! the next title should be something about it
Old 01-26-2015, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm in the middle of s1 of The Honourable Woman. I must say Maggie is astounding and totally deserves her Golden Globe win.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

oh that's awesome! i should check that out.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You should. It's really good and very thought provoking.