Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Teasers (R/E) #9 - Because she can't believe he's up for it!

Banner made by the wonderful Liz (Living Dead Girl)

Welcome to The Teasers (Rupert/Emma) Appreciation Thread #9
Previous threads:
Thread #8 can be found HERE
Thread #7 can be found HERE
Thread #6 can be found HERE
Thread #5 can be found HERE
Thread #4 can be found HERE
Thread #3 can be found HERE

Thanks to Sophie for the current thread title

We know there is nothing romantic between them, but this thread is dedicated to the obvious and unmistaken real life bond and friendship these two share.

Gorgeous banner made by the amazing Laura

Favorite Reviews of their On-Screen Chemistry:

Order of the Phoenix:

"EmmaWatson and Rupert Grint are as dependable and entertaining as ever despite their nominal roles, their husband and wife banter providing much needed comic relief." ~ Sheperd Express

"Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) have learned to play off of each other quite nicely, and are chiefly responsible for some of the film's best reaction shots," ~ Phyllist

The darker tones are emphasized more than ever here, but there is lightness, too, much of it courtesy of the love-hate relationship between Harry’s closest friends, Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Emma Watson). There’s real chemistry between these two young actors, and the barbs they toss back and forth at one another are just right, and never overdone. ~ TimesNews.com

Emma Watson and Rupert Grint shine while defining the relationship of Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. ~ Kykernel.com

"While we never see Hermione (Emma Watson) and Ron (Rupert Grint) alone together, they almost always arrive as a unit, as though they’ve just been snogging." ~ L.A. City Beat

"Hermione and Ron Weasley glanced at one another so often through the film that expectations build for them to have an on-screen kiss." ~ TurnTo23.com

Goblet of Fire:

Radcliffe continue to mature as an actor but it's Watson and Grint who impress most, despite their limited screen time. Sparks of sexual chemistry are clear for all to see. ~ from manchesteronline.com

In the acting department, Daniel Radcliffe seems Harry Potter enough and all the others are competent. But the one who really stands out is the rock star-ish longhaired Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley. There's quite a chemistry between him and Emma Watson, who plays Hermione Granger. ~ from rediff.com

The chemistry between Rupert and Emma Watson, who plays Hermione Granger, is also more obvious in this movie. In the previous films it seemed as though Watson and Grint were totally incapable of any sort of chemistry, while Watson and Radcliffe clearly had something going on! But with the ever more abundant hints at a potential Ron and Hermione romantic union, the actors are utterly convincing. ~ from dissendium.com

Watson and Grint had never acted professionally before being cast in the first "Harry Potter" movie. But it is the chemistry of the two, along with the acting of Harry Potter himself (Daniel Radcliffe), that critics say help make the first Potter movie good and the second better. ~ from cbsnews.com

Rupert Grint pulls off his best performance to date as Harry’s ever supportive, if not occasionally envious, sidekick Ron. The chemistry between him and Emma Watson (Hermione) is tangible as they get well into their angst ridden teenage years. ~ from student-direct.co.uk

Radcliffe gives a believable performance as Harry struggles with his destiny and the usual teen angst, while Grint and Watson have more chemistry than any of the characters in certain romantic comedies. ~ from spartanedge.com

The chemistry between Ron and Hermione, played by Rupert Grint and Emma Watson, is great as is that between Harry and his crush Cho Chang (Katie Leung). ~ from compass.lssu.edu

And while Goblet of Fire comes closest to Rowling's magic, it still does not match up to the emotional quotient of the books. You want to have more moments like when Hermione Granger (Emma Watson) asks in the end, half an eye on Ron, 'So, everything's going to change now, isn't it? ~ from rediff.com

Thanks go to Laura for making this wonderful banner

• By Laura- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
  • By Sana- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
  • By unknown artist @ fotolog- 1 and 2
    Thanks to Sam for finding them
  • By Sam- 1
  • By Pam- 1
  • By Alex (xelanoops)- 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
  • By Katie (savethetown@LJ)- 1

Banner made by the amazing Laura

1. darcybennett/ Darcy
2. ordinaryday/ Jennifer
3. vaughany/ Becky
4. Oº°‘¨Laura¨‘°ºO
5. **ellie**/ Eleanor

6. L i n d $ @ y
7. Soleya
8. dreamsingr
9. fiaaaaa/ Fia
10. Mrs Grint/ Sophie

11. Butterflygirl/ Fio
12. Joella
13. clm
14. Corrsfanre/ Regina
15. Sandrinha/ Sandi

16. Kendra23/ Kendra
17. Living Dead Girl/ Liz
18. Monique19
19. randhr2
20. glitter doll/ Hannah

21. protectthecats/ Grace
22. gilmore-girl123/ Mel
23. *Fergie*/ Sana
24. DaParTyGirL/ Sabrina
25. Whitney86

26. Littlemizz/ Sam
27. Lisa2011
28. onetreehill1216/ Kayla
29. hockeycanada87/ Jordyn
30. neko_chan

31. Jacie515
32. Sethummeraholic/ Rachel
33. SassySarah
34. "You'reMyLittleSnowAngel"/ Naomi
35. RenLucy/ Lucy

36. Maria102375
37. xelanoops/ Alex
38. LoVe-Story/ Sarah
39. billy(L)/ Elene
40. innocent_chick/ Catherine

41. bryangreenbergfan/ Stacey
42. BooPea78/ Leilani
43. provocative
44. Vote_SWC/ Jess

Thread Title Vault

Because "they have more chemistry than any of the other characters in certain romantic comedies"
Because she gets upset when she can't text him! ~ Emma Watson quote
Because "he's gotten so broad" ~ Emma Watson quote (Laura)

Icon by sourburst

Last edited by Corrsfanre; 08-21-2007 at 08:11 AM
Old 07-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks honeypie
Old 07-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Let the madness begin again!

Icon by sourburst
Old 07-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Love the thread title. I thought it was hilarious when Emma said that. Like she didnt believe it at all.

YouTube - Emma and Rupert!
Why Emma looks emotional in this bit (1.02)? Just curious...very curious.

As I noticed the shipper list is include the first names as well as usernames so my real name is Becky.
Icon - Unknown
Old 07-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

So after all those goodies we got lately I'm sure something is going on, and I'm really sure that Rupert has a thing for her
Old 07-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was wondering that too. I think Emma like him too in someway. She seems very interesting listen to Rupert (more than Daniel) in recent interviews.
Icon - Unknown
Old 07-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughany (View Post)
I was wondering that too. I think Emma like him too in someway. She seems very interesting listen to Rupert (more than Daniel) in recent interviews.
Your icon is lovely!! and I dunno what was that emotionalthing about sorry hon

But yeah I somehow feel that Rupert likes her for a long time but is too shy and thinks hes only a "brother" to her thats why he won't make the first move, after the interview when they asked him if something could blossom out of it and he didn't say no it was just like a confession for me
Old 07-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And the funny thing is, that we know so little about their relationship off-screen.
But with the promotion I think we saw a new side on how these two are with each other, which is great!

Icon by sourburst
Old 07-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaParTyGirL (View Post)
Your icon is lovely!! and I dunno what was that emotionalthing about sorry hon

But yeah I somehow feel that Rupert likes her for a long time but is too shy and thinks hes only a "brother" to her thats why he won't make the first move, after the interview when they asked him if something could blossom out of it and he didn't say no it was just like a confession for me
Thanks I found the pic in HP's Sidekicks and made it into an icon. No worries about it, honey I was just wondering.
I dont blame him if he wont make the first move. He will feel worse or embarrassed if he did in case he get rejected by Emma.
Icon - Unknown
Old 07-28-2007, 03:10 PM
New Fan

Aww yay! You used my title... that makes me happy

And yeah Becky, I had seen that clip before and I had always wondered why...
Old 07-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughany (View Post)
Why Emma looks emotional in this bit (1.02)? Just curious...very curious.
Becky, i remember that interview it was one she did during GOF and was for RTL, she wasn't emotional she was tired because she was on one of those marathons for GOF promotion so her face just couldn't hide the tiredness in it.

I also think we should get more goodies from R&E i mean they aren't dating that's for sure but they seem so much more close and flirty with each other that i think they are living their own little R&HR fantasy. Perhaps what Rupert needs is:

Spoiler:

Now i don't think he needs that to charm Emma or any other girl mind you but perhaps one that would explain how girls minds/hearts work .
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too, I have to say.. ^^ This video is so damn cute, it's definitely one of my favourites! (:
And there's definitely a thing going on between them, there has grown something really special, I think. They are just so..I dont know, it's the way they look at each other, and the smiles they have on their faces when they're together.. So obvious, at least for me, and I think for you guys, too!
Old 07-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

I agree. Something has changed. Maybe now because they are older, I don't know. They way the look at each other, their body language. In the pictures now they are closer, they seem more relax. In the trio interviews sometimes it's like Rupert & Emma, they completly ignore the fact that Dan is there too.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice said! That's exactly how I feel or think about them.
Gah, I want HBP-movie now, OotP promo was just awesome for us..
Old 07-29-2007, 03:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks Sandi. You put my mind to rest after all the wondering.

They do look more comfortable than they used to be as teenagers. When you were as a teenager, you think kissing a boy/girl is disgusting and sometimes embarrassed to be in the picture with a boy/girl together. Remember Emma once said to refused to kiss a boy! Now they're practically adults, they find it more comfortable and normal.
Icon - Unknown
Closed Thread   Post New Thread