Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2017, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

Snatch #2 ~ A second season has been snatched

Rupert Grint is set to star in new drama series Snatch. The series will draw inspiration from the 2000 movie by the same name. He will not only star in this new series for Sony’s streaming network Crackle, he’ll also serve as executive producer.

Also cast in the straight-to-series drama are Dougray Scott (Fear the Walking Dead) as a regular and Ed Westwick (Wicked City) as a recurring guest star. Nick Renton (The Musketeers) will direct.

Snatch will carry the spirit of the setting in the film, while creating a new world with new characters. Inspired by a real life heist in London, Snatch, centers on a group of twenty-something, up-and-coming hustlers who stumble upon a truck load of stolen gold bullion and are suddenly thrust into the high-stakes world of organized crime. The boys must quickly learn to navigate the treacherous waters of London’s underworld as rogue cops, gypsy fighters, international mobsters and local villains descend.

Grint will play the dynamic, frustratingly chaotic and utterly posh con man, Charlie Cavendish.

Production on the 10-episode first season begins next week in Manchester, England. The series will premiere in 2017.

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart

Last edited by Sternbetrachter; 10-25-2017 at 11:39 PM
Old 05-22-2017, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ha, thanks for the new thread, great title.

I wonder when they will start filming for season 2.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 05-22-2017, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I don't think the second season has even been written yet

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 05-23-2017, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oh really? so it would be at least a year in between filming?

Shows lose audience when they go on hiatus beyond the normal one.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 05-23-2017, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I can't imagine the script for 10 episodes being written yet maybe I am wrong

I am not even sure all the characters from the first season will be in the 2nd one

Old 05-24-2017, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They don't have to have written all 10 episodes as yet, but they should have at least 3 and start filming them.

TV shows that have 22 episodes a season, I doubt the writers have written all episodes before they start filming.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

hey, I could be all wrong and it has been written long ago but they don't have the team (director, actors, etc) all together yet

Old 05-25-2017, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I get that which as I said, would cost them viewers, people don't like to wait over a year for a new episode of a show.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

... doesn't that happen with shows that are shown over the summer or just some episodes per year - like The 100 (that I do not watch) or Orphan Black which is on like 2-3 months every year?

Old 05-26-2017, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the hundred is on every year though, not an entire year off.

I don't watch homeland so not sure about that. Shows that has built a fanbase over a while could afford to do it, but a new show, people lose interest.

I guess we will see how long it takes, the good thing is that it got a season 2.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

yeah meansa nother round of pictures/interviews for us

Old 05-27-2017, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully...but it might be in a year's time

Old 05-27-2017, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I hope we learn more soon

Old 05-28-2017, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah at least even the synopsis for season 2. Just something to bide the time.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

well, we just got the News about a new season about two weeks ago ... lets give them a bit of time, shall we?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread