Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Master Fan

Those fanarts are great. Two scenes I desperately want to see make it to the movies. Especially the er-my-oh-knee... so fantastic. I think I squealed when I read it.

Thanks for the fanfic recommendations. I'll have to check them out.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:38 AM
Master Fan

Do you think Ron's matured enough to go as far as apologize to Hermione for his behavior in year six after finding out about her kissing Krum... i.e. being cold and angry with her, taking up with Lavender, etc.?
Old 05-03-2006, 06:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcybennett
Do you think Ron's matured enough to go as far as apologize to Hermione for his behavior in year six after finding out about her kissing Krum... i.e. being cold and angry with her, taking up with Lavender, etc.?
In book 7 YES. He has or will learn that with a war coming up being jealous about Krum is the least of he's problems.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:49 AM
New Fan

Hey! This is the first time I post on this site, so I'm not completely sure on how everything works... Can I be added to the list?

Quote:
Yes, I think so. JKR said in her interview about HBP with Emerson and Melissa that Ron had taken a huge emotional step forward. So I find it very likely that we'll finally get that kiss in book 7
Old 05-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Hello Mrs Grint! Welcome to Rupert's Board! I'm glad you found us, it's wonderful to have you here!

If you have any questions about this board or FF in general, please don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help.

To help in understanding how things work, please check out The Rupert Board Handbook, it gives you a list of the threads we have on the board, what they're about and the links to each one.

And also, if I may suggest, check out the Rules & Guidelines thread (again one of the top threads), I'm sure it will greatly help you in understanding a little bit more about how things work here on the site.

Also, if you'd like to tell us a little bit more about yourself, please drop by the Introduction Thread sometime.

Have fun!

ETA

Consider yourself added to the list.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Mrs. Grint, welcome to the bunch. Go Crazy .
Old 05-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

i just finished a vid(will post in a bit) which i actually made in 30 minutes which is kinda a miracle because 30 minutes is usually the time that i take to decide which clip i'm going to use next

i used the word which 3 times in one sentence......cool.

welcome Mrs.Grint!! i'm sure you'll like it here!

ETA

RON AND HERMIONE
SONG: WE BELONG TOGETHER
ARTIST: GAVIN DEGRAW
"we belong together"

Last edited by Oº°‘¨Laura¨‘°ºO; 05-05-2006 at 01:42 PM
Old 05-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oº°‘¨Laura¨‘°ºO
i just finished a vid(will post in a bit) which i actually made in 30 minutes which is kinda a miracle because 30 minutes is usually the time that i take to decide which clip i'm going to use next

i used the word which 3 times in one sentence......cool.

welcome Mrs.Grint!! i'm sure you'll like it here!

ETA

RON AND HERMIONE
SONG: WE BELONG TOGETHER
ARTIST: GAVIN DEGRAW
"we belong together"
Cool..I'm listening to that song right now I'm going to go watch it right now.
Ria
Old 05-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcybennett
Great question Darcy. It's a hard one for me to answer because while I think in a lot of ways Ron really has grown and Dumbledore's death I think will show him what's important, but going as far as apologizing? To Hermione? That might be hard for him. I see him more trying to sweep it under the rug and ignoring it ever happened.

I really do think the R/Hr will be the couple that gets swept up in a relationship because of the impending threat... as Mrs. Weasley said happened before the first war with the Death Eaters. JKR set the stage for that. She planted a seed a while ago, and it would be just like her to capitalize on it with Ron and Hermione.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

I have to agree with you, Mel. I also don't think that Ron will outright apologize to Hermione, mature may he be. It's really not part of his make-up, I do think he may act apologetic toward her, and show her how sorry he is by doing things for her but I don't see him coming out and saying anything to her.

I also agree that JKR as really set things up perfectly to showcase the R/Hr relationship in its full 'unfolding' in book 7... with both of them helping Harry in the Horcrux Hunt, it'll be a unique chance and opportunity for their romance and developing closeness to be shown to us through Harry's perspective, as is the usual for all of the books she's written so far.

Wonderful video, Laura! I really like the 'slow-ness' of the clips... it worked perfectly with the song. Thank you for making it!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic2182
Great question Darcy. It's a hard one for me to answer because while I think in a lot of ways Ron really has grown and Dumbledore's death I think will show him what's important, but going as far as apologizing? To Hermione? That might be hard for him. I see him more trying to sweep it under the rug and ignoring it ever happened.

I really do think the R/Hr will be the couple that gets swept up in a relationship because of the impending threat... as Mrs. Weasley said happened before the first war with the Death Eaters. JKR set the stage for that. She planted a seed a while ago, and it would be just like her to capitalize on it with Ron and Hermione.
I agree Ron always has been proud.

I just watched the video, Wow, that was awesome! I mean first of all, that is like the best song ever right now. But the scenes just fit so well and it was beautifuly made.
Ria
Old 05-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

Darcy and Ria... I agree. The R/Hr relationship will truly unfold in the 7th book... and it will be close quarters for all three of them. I've always seen their true feelings coming out in the middle of a fight... like Ron just yelling, "well I like you." and Hermione yelling it back. And then of course, they realize what they said and feel all awkward.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

How times change - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZGsxhUkKU8
Old 05-06-2006, 07:30 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Grint
Yes, I think so. JKR said in her interview about HBP with Emerson and Melissa that Ron had taken a huge emotional step forward. So I find it very likely that we'll finally get that kiss in book 7
welcome to the thread! and i have to agree with what you said.

book 7 will be a very emotional book, that's for sure. with the impending doom of voldemort, a lot of trust, love & faith will be seen among the trio. i'm pretty sure R/Hr will act on their feelings towards each other and they will realize that the value of friendship will mean everything to all of them.

that's why i don't know what to think and imagine anymore about R/Hr in book 7. all i know is, its gonna be something we'll be talking about for years.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrinha

Thanks for the link Sandi! I love this line- "It's not written in my contract."

Oh no. I've broken the buddy code. I've been a bad, bad cliffhanger. ~ Hayden (Scott)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread