Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, no more Spain, end of an era, some of the older generation won't be there for next World Cup for sure. they need to evolve and use youth and get soem speed in the game. Chile worked their butts off and had the speed. Iniesta felt like the only person doing something today.

Spain also need another defender like Puyol, man I miss him, he put his heart and soul into every game...unlike others. I am glad Pique was on the bench today though.

So 3 teams out so far, Spain, Australia and Cameroon (Cameroon was awful and then the Cameroon defender headbutt his own teammate )

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 06-19-2014, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

they really should have taken some younger stars with them instead of only the "oldies" ... well, I hope they'll do better in two years with the EC

I am curious how England will do and still unsure if I'd prefer Germany being out now or being horribly defeated in the finale

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 06-19-2014, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Spain is already out, aren't they?

Icon by sourburst
Old 06-19-2014, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, England is now in bad shape.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 06-19-2014, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

yeah Spain is out and England, Greece and Japan most likely too

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart

Last edited by Sternbetrachter; 06-19-2014 at 11:32 PM
Old 06-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, Australia and Cameroon are also out. This World Cup is unpredictable. Costa Rica through!, Italy having to beat Uruguay or draw with them to go through.

Teams are playing with passion and pride for their countries, and these big teams need to match that enthusiasm to beat them. They can't take anyone for granted.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

not sure if it makes me a bad European but I am rooting for Uruguay

and if Switzerland had played the whole match the way they did the last 15-20 minutes against France ...

Old 06-21-2014, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My team is Argentina, but I am rooting for all South American teams except Uruguay I was never a fan of them.

Argentina needs to play a hell of a lot better.

Belgium can be a dark horse I think.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

okay, sorry that I am hoping for the *wrong* team then

yeah, ARG was not good at all today

Old 06-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They weren't. It didn't help that Iran parked the bus, but they need to play a lot better. Better penetration, Aguero needs to be benched, he misses chances and has been awful for both games,

The Ghana-Germany game was great, at least the second half. I love when both teams are going after one another and not one just sitting back and waiting to counter.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

that would#ve been wonderful if Ghana had won no matter how dirty they played in their first game

Old 06-22-2014, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah It would have been great, and they could have. When they were 3 against 2 and the guy just needed to square the ball to his teammate to score, that would have made it 3-1 but he selfishly tired to score himself and eventually Germany score.

So I take it you are rooting against Germany?

Old 06-22-2014, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I'd rather say I am not rooting for them

Old 06-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

sure you would.

Portugal scored with 30sec left. Now US vs Germany, they could play for a draw but I rather see them both go all out. I would like Ghana to be a spoiler but that depends on Germany beating US and them beating Portugal.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

that Group is tighter than most surely thought it would be

Closed Thread   Post New Thread