That's true

Icon by sourburst
Corrsfanre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

Harry Potter stars Rupert Grint and Julie Walters could appear in film about Somerton man now famous for his seven failed marriages

STARS of the wizarding world could become lead characters in film about a Somerton man’s failed marriages.

Ron Sheppard, 65, of Somerton, launched an autobiography earlier this month called Lord of the Wedding Rings – which has led him to become known as Britain’s “most married man.”

Mr Sheppard launched the book at the beginning of the month, supported by his ghost writer Leigh Ferrani and hosted by former Yeovil DJ and Come Dine With Me contestant Steve Carpenter.

Fans also had a chance to get their booked signed at an event in Waterstone’s, Yeovil, on Saturday.

Mr Sheppard said the journey has been an emotional roller coaster.

He said: “It means so much to me to have my book actually published after nine years of planning and writing.”

Now American-based La Mere Mal Productions have joined Bournemouth-based Breezeblock Productions to work on the film.

Previously Mr Sheppard had high hopes of Jude Law playing the title role but he has now set his sights on an actor who is best known as Harry Potter’s best friend.

Mr Sheppard believes Rupert Grint, best known for playing Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter films, is the ideal candidate to play a younger Ron.

He is still keen to invite Julie Walters to appear in the film as his mother.

He said: “I quite like the idea that they could re-unite as mother and son in the film as they did in Harry Potter.

“We are working on finalising the script and then we will send it to them.”

DEAD RINGER: Britain’s most married man wants Rupert Grint (pictured) to play his younger self.

source

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Sternbetrachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess it is an honour that the guy wants him to play him... but not particularly interested in it. I guess I will need to learn more about it.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Monique19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

so far, it is just a rumour

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 02-24-2014, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yep, we see if anything comes from it.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 02-24-2014, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

it is nice to have him in the News a bit

Old 02-26-2014, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

Not interested in that at all.

First, its title is so close to "Lord of the Rings". I understand it's in a different context, but still. A different title would be better.

Second, Julie Walters and Rupert Grint have been in seven films together (Julie Walters wasn't in Goblet of Fire, they appeared together in Driving Lessons) and I think that's well enough. Actors and actresses in Hollywood have reunited in vastly different films, playing vastly different roles. Which brings me to number three.

They have already played mother and son, and a similarly so in Driving Lessons. She was a mentor to Rupert's character. Why not do that again?

Honestly, if Rupert's going to reunite with any of his former co-stars, I'd rather it be Dan or Bonnie. And the role wouldn't be playing the sidekick/big brother.

Sorry.
Bec =) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I actually prefer Rupert working with the grown-up actors than to the other "Kids"

Old 02-27-2014, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I prefer that too,he just need to find the right film, that will showcase his talents.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

no horror movie please

Old 02-27-2014, 04:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

Nope, no horror films!

I would like to see Rupert work in darker films. Anything that takes away the Ron Weasley image that's been stuck to him for the past few years. He needs to set a name for himself, but not a too typical name (like, not all the same genre) because he has potential. I know he does, and unfortunately I feel like the HP movies stunted it. He was brilliant, don't get me wrong, but it's just... he was very limited, which pretty much contrasts the character of Ron Weasley.

Anyways.... I would love to see Rupert in different films. Though a reunion with Dan and Bonnie (even Emma) in a non-HP related (not remotely similar either) film would be nice. Not anytime soon, though. He needs to set a name for himself first.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do you guys think it's a fake?

Icon by sourburst
Corrsfanre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

not fake, just a rumour so far - no more, no less, I believe

Old 03-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah just a rumor so far

Old 03-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrsfanre (View Post)
Do you guys think it's a fake?
We won't know until Rupert or someone else involved confirms it. For now, it's just a rumor.
Reply   Post New Thread