Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2014, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

and if they do, surely without Rupert

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Sternbetrachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Why do you think that. it would be without Rupert?

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Monique19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I just can't imagine him doing the same play again at Broadway

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 06-07-2014, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Why not? it would open him to another audience and many people do their plays again on Broadway if Broadway shows it.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 06-08-2014, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I don't know ... I won't mind if he does

Old 06-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It would be good for him to do it, if he can. However, all this is just talk as the play may never go to Broadway

Old 06-09-2014, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

not that we ever expected him to do theater for soon in the first place

Old 06-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I did, because he always wanted to do it, and it wasn't like he was making movies anyways.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique19 (View Post)
It would be good for him to do it, if he can. However, all this is just talk as the play may never go to Broadway
It should, and show everybody that not only Dan does theatre

Icon by sourburst
Corrsfanre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

he already did Theater in London, that already did Show that it wasn't only Dan

Old 06-16-2014, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, only 1 so far. Hopefully he does more. Even if we know he did it, some still just say Dan did it, because they might not know about Rupert's play. However, Broadway is a big one, and it would be great for him to tackle a play there as well...should he choose to.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

if I didn't visit ONTD regulary, I would have no idea what Dan or Emma are up to so of course not everyone will know/care about what Rupert does

Old 06-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True. I just want him to do something where mainstream can see him. It's great that he is filming movies, but it would be nice if one of them actually made it into many theaters.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We got our wish he will be on Broadway!!

Rupert Grint to make Broadway debut in 'It's Only a Play' | PopWatch | EW.com

Quote:
Rupert Grint to make Broadway debut in 'It's Only a Play' -- EXCLUSIVE

Rupert Grint, best known for playing Ron Weasley in the blockbuster Harry Potter film franchise, will make his Broadway debut this fall in Terrence McNally’s starry comedy It’s Only a Play.

Grint joins an A-list cast that includes Matthew Broderick, Nathan Lane, Stockard Channing, Megan Mullally, F. Murrary Abraham and newcomer Micah Stock. Jack O’Brien will direct the limited 17-week engagement, which opens at Broadway’s Schoenfeld Theatre on October 9.

The British star will play Frank Finger, the wunderkind director of a new play by an anxious writer (Broderick) whose career is on the line as he eagerly awaits the reviews on opening night. As the show roars onward, the playwright passes the time with his TV star best friend (Lane), his producer (Mullally), the show’s leading lady (Channing), an infamous critic (Abraham), and a fresh-faced coat check attendant (Stock). The play first premiered in New York in 1986 at the Manhattan Theatre Club; the 2014 production is a newly revised adaptation by McNally, the four-time Tony-winning scribe whose recent premiere Mothers and Sons marked his 50th year on Broadway.

On the theater acting front, Grint followed up the smashing success of the Potter films with his West End stage debut in the revival of Jez Butterworth’s Mojo (alongside Skyfall’s Ben Whishaw and Downton Abbey’s Brendan Coyle).

Grint’s Potter co-star Daniel Radcliffe recently returned to Broadway in The Cripple of Inishmaan, but their stints on the New York stage won’t overlap (Radcliffe’s engagement ends this July).
Of course they had to mention Dan That is a hell of a cast for this play as well.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

just came over to post this thanks Monique

Reply   Post New Thread