Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2015, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

or so men like to believe

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 09-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah they like to, and Hollywood likes to as well.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 09-07-2015, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

as long as it doesn't take Hollywood as long to change as it does the Catholic Church for example

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 09-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe Rupert doesn't want to do movies anymore.

Icon by sourburst
Old 09-07-2015, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think so, or else he wouldn't be doing one right now.

I am just not sure if he wants to do a blockbuster or just stick to these independent films.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 09-07-2015, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

he's probably Aware of the lucky Position he is in (when it Comes to Money, etc) and doesn't really want to have a huge Blockbuster movie career ... he's relaxed about it

Old 09-08-2015, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Or maybe he doesn't get offered any good roles. Or any at all anymore. I find it weird for him to not be working. I mean Dan and Emma really have been working non-stop since HP finished

Icon by sourburst
Old 09-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It could be that he isn't offered the good roles.

I feel he is typecast and they probably offer him too many best friends roles which he doesn't want. So maybe he is doing the independent films so people see another side of him.

Old 09-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I think he doesn't really care that much in having an "awesome" career but I - or we - could be all wrong

Old 09-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We could be all wrong.

I wasn't talking about having an awesome career, just one that isn't typecast. He wants to do different roles and the ones he was offered a lot were best friend roles, so unless he auditions for some, he probably just does the independent films

Old 09-08-2015, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

one could argue that even Tom Hanks is typecast as the nice guy

Old 09-09-2015, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not relly, and Tom has really done a range of film characters.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

but I can only think of one movie where he was not the good guy

Old 09-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's probably more than that.

Even his "good guy" roles were acted differently. Forrest Gump was different from Philadelphia for example.

Who I think has overplayed so much he is typecast, is Johnny Depp, he mainly plays quirky characters and it has gotten so old now.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

oh yeah! it was fun with Captain Jack but now ...

Closed Thread   Post New Thread