Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2017, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah maybe they have it, or maybe it is on one of those movie sites.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Monique19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I actually changed my mind about this movie a bit
I mean, I still probably won't watch it but I think it is important to remember that no matter how monsterous Hitler was, he was still human, like anybody else of us and that we should remember that anybody can turn into Hitler and behave that cruel and inhumane
I think it is especially to remember this right now, when Nazis are gaining power in the US or think it is okay to be all outspoken about their beliefs

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Sternbetrachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Trude, now is the perfect time to show this stories of people that have done horrible things and that shifted the path of history forever.

Icon by sourburst
Corrsfanre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

it really feels like history is repeating one hell of a bad part of the past

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 01-29-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's the thing with history, it repeats itself. So what is happening now, is repeating. Difference is I believe, people don't just accept things like in Hitler's time.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 01-30-2017, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I hope you are right but I fear it is too early to tell for sure

Old 01-31-2017, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is too early for a lot of things, but with all those protesting so far. Those things weren't in Hitler's time.

Old 02-01-2017, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I think there were a few very small ones that were "taken care of" early on

Old 02-03-2017, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

Quote:
The pair makes for a delightful watch. Grint’s sweetness and innocence are countered by Rheon’s terrifically unsettlingly controlled calmness followed by his maniacal outbursts (none more so than his final close-up) and rigidity. Iwan’s clipped vocal performance is matched perfectly in his physical portrayal – Urban Myths has unearthed another first class performance. The script is endowed with some great gags too: Hitler’s disgust at a doctor (“A doctor!”) in Vienna who believes all men want to sleep with their mothers; his observation that meat “inhibits” the bowel (Hitler, of course, being a vegetarian); and fleeing a possible patron who likes to discuss art, social housing and birth control (and is also tea-total and meat-free) because Adolf believes he was a homosexual.

Thankfully, Urban Myths doesn’t try to posit Hitler as lovable scamp or even as a sympathetic youth. This Adolf was a dick to everyone, even those he liked. Dan Zeff’s direction wonderfully evokes the era and adds just enough comic touches to stray from melodrama or historical comment. But it’s the lead portrayal from Rheon and the sitcom-like relationship with Grint that make ’Adolf Hitler: The Artist’ such an entrancing and mirthful watch.
source

Old 02-04-2017, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

Old 02-04-2017, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternbetrachter (View Post)
Thanks for that, At least we get something.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good reviews! Good for them!

Icon by sourburst
Old 02-05-2017, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

yeah

Old 02-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He deserves the recognition

Icon by sourburst
Old 02-20-2017, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cleaning up the first page

Icon by sourburst
Reply   Post New Thread