Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Banned

Season 4 Premiere: "Cindy Plumb" - Episode Discussion

Season 4

Cindy Plumb

As Christian and Sean celebrate a milestone surgery, the future of McNamara/Troy may be in jeopardy. Julia reveals devastating news about the baby to Sean, leaving him full of fear and doubt. Christian redecorates his apartment after a troubling appointment with his psychiatrist (g.s. Brooke Shields as Dr. Faith Wolper)

Old 09-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

Ooooh, I can't wait!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Passionate Fan

I just downloaded my new Season 4 screensaver! It is amazing

FOX/FX really outdone themselves with the Nip/Tuck website on FX this time
Old 09-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Extreme Fan

its tonight! weeeeeeee!
Old 09-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Finally! I cannot wait. This is exciting.

kenny | credit
Old 09-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Banned

I missed Dead Like Me tonight but the Season 4 premiere is only about 30 mins away!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

DLM was great tonight. It was the season 1 finale and s2 premiere.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieryangel (View Post)
DLM was great tonight. It was the season 1 finale and s2 premiere.
.... I got caught up on an episode of Without a Trace and the Kim Possible Movie. Not the mention the hype about tonight!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

Well, that was quite, interesting.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Banned

First of all, It is beyond wonderful to have the show back. This feels so much like it used to before the whole Carver situation. Including the opening sex scenes. There we were with Christian again with a hot sexual situation and Sean was again in a struggle.

Side note though: That was perhaps the most graphic sex scene that I have seen on Nip/Tuck. Some may say that it was a simple tactic but I see it as a the progressing to a point where they are going to be hitting us harder than ever. While still bringing back and keeping the focus of the relationships we love so much.

The mother/daughter combo was at first very Christian. Everything about it screamed old time Christian. However, then when things seemed to get a little more personal. I am course talking about kissing. He must turn away. Only difference is that this time I don't believe it came from a place of not wanting a serious relationship. It came from a place of fear. Not wanting to open up again and get hurt like with what happened with Kimber.

Julia not telling Sean the truth this time I can understand out of general fear at that moment when she first discovered that there might be a problem. However, even so after all the lying that she has done to him. The only thing that she should do now is be 100% honest with him on all matters.

Christian seeing Dr. Wolper was great. It almost reminds me of the Sopranos with Tony and Melfi. The huge matter was of course that she said he was in love with Sean. Even when she said it though I didn't see it a romantic thing. I don't think that she did either. Christian freaked out like almost any straight man would. But to go to the extreme of wanting to sell the practice. I just found incredible. Of anyone Christian is the one person who holds what he and Sean built closer than anyone. His buisness was, and really is all he has at this point. As for the end scenes with him having sex with the good doctor. I was very surprised at that but at the same time not because it was Christian. I am glad that they are not hold that sexual tension as between Tony and Melfi on the Sopranos.

Sean after finding out the truth about the baby's condition was very reasonable in my eyes. While I don't agree with abortion I can understand why Sean would want one if it was possible. Wanting your children to be like you, to have a good and easy life is the wish of all parents. However, this disablity may have hit even harder because as a Surgen(sp?) Sean's hands are his life. A part of him must want to see his son follow in his footsteps. Knowing now that this will not be possible must crush him a deep level.

The new girl, the old man's wife. Who's name I can't recall at the moment reminds me of a mix between Julia and Kimber. I can see why Christian is attracted to that. Not to mention the simple fact that she is beautiful. We all know that this will only lead to trouble.

Perhaps the only thing that I didn't like about this episode was that they kept talking about Matt but never showed him. Especially in regards to his relationship with Christian and Sean. Father vs. Father in a sense. Sean can not see Matt as his true son anymore at the same time niether can Christian because Sean raised Matt. Also, we saw no Kimber or Gina. I hope for more with all of this and the Julia's choice to let Gina buy out her share of DeLaMer.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

I loved it!

The whole episode was just great.

My favorite line from the entire episode ... "Is something wrong with the baby?" ... "Did you lose the baby?" ... "Is it Christian's?" Way to take a dramatic scene and throw some comedy in, genius!

kenny | credit
Old 09-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Master Fan

I agree Ken, I laughed so hard.

I still don't know how I feel about this other than I'm glad we are passed The Carver. That storyline felt so dragged and drab now.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Banned

I can't believe you found that funny. I was just shocked with that line.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

I think it was meant to be comedic, though. It just felt like ... something so horrible. The last time she had bad news about a child of his ... that was it.

Did you notice how many guest stars we'll be having this season ... Brooke Shields, Rosie O'Donnel, Kathleen Turner, Mario Lopez, ... the list goes on.

I loved the Sopranos'esque therapy scenes. Only, Christian nailed his psychiatrist, unlike Tony.

No Matt, Kimber, Gina ... but, there was Annie.

Christian hooking up with the mother/daughter was a bit racy ... and the sex scenes, wow ... alot more graphic.

kenny | credit
Old 09-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen- (View Post)
I think it was meant to be comedic, though. It just felt like ... something so horrible. The last time she had bad news about a child of his ... that was it.
Maybe it was meant to be funny but I was just shocked that Sean would be that blunt. It reminds me of when Julia just flat out asked him if was having an affair and he said yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen-
Did you notice how many guest stars we'll be having this season ... Brooke Shields, Rosie O'Donnel, Kathleen Turner, Mario Lopez, ... the list goes on.
I know... This season is going to be great!

Quote:
No Matt, Kimber, Gina ... but, there was Annie.
Annie is always good. In most shows they tend to drop the younger sibling. Of course Annie hasn't really been there a whole lot but she still finds her moments.

Quote:
Christian hooking up with the mother/daughter was a bit racy ... and the sex scenes, wow ... alot more graphic.
Didn't Christian say in season 1 that he had a mother/daughter combo before? I think the biggest shock of the sex scene was Julia. I mean..I don't think we have ever really seen her in such a graphic situation before. My only issue is how many times do they have to show Julian's rear? I know.. ladies.. I'll keep my mouth shut for you.