Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Banned

S4: "Reefer" - Episode Discussion

Season 4
"Reefer"

Sean's loneliness in celebrating Christmas without his family leads him to seek solace in alcohol - resulting in possible legal action from a patient. Christian receives an unexpected gift when a 3 year old Wilber comes back into his life. James forces Michelle to help as she takes drastic measures to fill her holiday kidney quota.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:40 AM
New Fan

So many thoughts on this epi!

1. I CRACKED up when the little person "pleasured" Sean in Santa's cabin! I guess he wanted to see what Julia saw in Margo! hehehehe Hilarious! And when he asked her if she knew Margo! As if all little people know each other ... Although Sean battled some demons this epi, I really enjoyed seeing this side of him. At least he didn't hallucinate! I hope this experience makes him stronger. Forget Julia and her flakey, weak self. Move on! Get some visitation rights with the kids and call it a day.

2. Re: Reefer. So sad to see him go. I thought he would be a reoccuring character. Did anyone else recognize him from Hill Street Blues? OLD SCHOOL!

3. Christain is becoming Sean! Kissy kissy with his partner, getting his life in order, becoming a dad ... again. So if Wilbur would have been white, would Michelle not want him? hmmmmmmmmm Wilbur is too cute. I'm scared for him for next week as long as Evil James is still in the picture. That woman is like a BAD rash! She just won't go away! I HATE her. James must die!

4. Again, no mention of Matt. Do scientologist celebrate Christmas?

5. Oh! The g-spot lady was FUNNY! Finally a cosmetic / plastic surgery I would consider! BOING! SHWING!
Old 11-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Total Fan

They mentioned Matt. He was in the beginning of the ep. I'm not sure if Scientologists celebrate Christmas or not, but he told Sean that him and Kimber would be on some Scientology cruise or something. ???
The Christian/Wilbur stuff was by far the best part of this ep.
I'm sick of the James/Michelle stuff. She needs to go away already!
And yeah, if Wilbur wasn't black, would Michelle not have wanted him? That was the impression I got as well.

I can't believe the season only has 2 episodes left. I have to say, I'm really disappointed in this season. Nothing has happened. I don't care enough about Michelle or James to give a crap about their storylines. It seems like everything else has been centered around Sean and his annoying family. Him and Julia finally broke up, yay. But come on, let's move it along. Sigh...

Icon by Elya
Old 11-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

I enjoyed this episode. I totally love drunk-Sean but mostly because he was funny. Wilbur being brought back is awesome, he's really cute. And it's awesome they got the same set of twins.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Cha (View Post)
1. I CRACKED up when the little person "pleasured" Sean in Santa's cabin!
That was a funny/shocking scene. Of course my favorite drunk santa moment was when Sean kept telling the kids on his lap things. When he ask that boy if his mom was single and then...went on... I almost spat my beer out.

Quote:
2. Re: Reefer. So sad to see him go. I thought he would be a reoccuring character. Did anyone else recognize him from Hill Street Blues? OLD SCHOOL!
I really liked him but I've never seen Hill Street Blues. I knew that he was doomed when Sean offered for him to stay at the office over night.

That moment with Michelle/James and the Christmas sacks. I thought for sure they would be busted. I'm sure the FBI must have something on James and soon will tie things together.

Quote:
3. Christain is becoming Sean! Kissy kissy with his partner, getting his life in order, becoming a dad ... again.
Talk about a full reversal. I was shocked reading the description for this episode alone because it said Wilbur would return. I just felt so happy. We haven't seen him in a long time.

Quote:
So if Wilbur would have been white, would Michelle not want him? hmmmmmmmmm Wilbur is too cute. I'm scared for him for next week as long as Evil James is still in the picture. That woman is like a BAD rash! She just won't go away! I HATE her. James must die!
I'm not sure if Wilbur was white Michelle wouldn't have wanted him. It can be easier to see a future with someone who is more like you though.

I knew that something bad was going to happen with Wilbur though. Things are just too perfect for Christian right now something had to go wrong.

When Michelle asked him to choose between Wilbur and her. I think we all know he would have chosen Wilbur. I can tell he loves Michelle but Wilbur is his son.

Quote:
5. Oh! The g-spot lady was FUNNY! Finally a cosmetic / plastic surgery I would consider! BOING! SHWING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Krissy*
I can't believe the season only has 2 episodes left. I have to say, I'm really disappointed in this season. Nothing has happened.
I know. In some ways I miss season 3 and the Carver. While the outcome of that season was lacking. It did have many more shocking episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Krissy*
I don't care enough about Michelle or James to give a crap about their storylines. It seems like everything else has been centered around Sean and his annoying family. Him and Julia finally broke up, yay. But come on, let's move it along. Sigh...
This season has been a full circle. Our boys finally got want they really wanted since season 1. Christian has his own family now and Sean has the freedom to be more like Christian used to be. It's funny how when you get what you want. You can find yourself not wanting it anymore.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

What a crazy episode...just, wow! And next week...

kenny | credit
Old 12-01-2006, 08:39 AM
New Fan

Subject - Good call re: the FBI being on to James! I thought they were busted for sure, too!
Old 12-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
This season has been a full circle. Our boys finally got want they really wanted since season 1. Christian has his own family now and Sean has the freedom to be more like Christian used to be. It's funny how when you get what you want. You can find yourself not wanting it anymore.
Perfectly said, I think that's what this show has always been about IMO. These two always wanting what the other had and now Sean, realizing freedom isn't all it's cracked up to be is regretting it.

I thought this episode was amazing, very well done and it was cool for nip/tuck to do a Christmas episode.

Oh Sean...so I love anything that has to do with him, and Dylan continues to prove why he's the star of this show. I loved all the scenes with G-spot lady and later when he was Santa. "So you want Santa to bring you diabetes?" And of course the scene with the elf was too funny.

Christian, Michelle & Wilbur were so cute. My face just lit up for Christian when I heard them talk about Wilbur, he loves that kid so much. I'm so glad he got him back. Wilbur's the same actor right? If not that's amazing casting. It's nice to see Christian & Michelle both happy until the ******* hits the fan (and we know it will).

Escobar sent a ham We totally haven't heard the last of him.

All in all, awesome episode. My brother and I were discussing the show the other day and I have to say as much as I loved S3 with the Carver storyline, S4 is all about the characters and the development of both Sean & Christian. I love it more for that reason already, it's back to the basics.