Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2011, 02:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

Debate Thread #1

anyone up for some debate? what would you like to debate first?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

Emma related debate or a general one?

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Sternbetrachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

Emma/HP related..
Old 01-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

oooooooooookay

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 01-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

what does that mean!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Um.. I don't know. Present a topic katie since it was your idea lol.
heaven85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

I'd love to debate (really!) but you know how I hate to make longer posts

Okay, do you guys think Emma's happy with how book Hermione was changed into movie Hermione?

Old 01-26-2011, 02:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

ok, how bout we do her acting in SS vs COS

unless you can think of something better!

edit: oo that's a good one trude! i'll have to get back to you in a second while i think!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

your second's over

I am taking PoA for example - I am sure back then, she enjoyed the girl power Hermione got (and didn't really have a say in anything?), how well ... baddass the girl was but since she calls herself a book purist, I wonder if she sometimes cringes when reading PoA and thinking back to the movie

Old 01-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

okay, i'm posting now!

well, i agree that when she was younger, she probably loved badass hermione but i think as she got older, she would rather they stick closer to the books i'm sure she loves the movies but she probably does cringe at such things like Hermione taking Ron's lines and stuff like that!
Old 01-31-2011, 11:56 PM
Elite Fan

I think Emma would probably feel the same way we all do about the changes in the movies from the books, since she's such a big book fan. But the thing is, she's not really allowed to express that or at least, she has enough respect for her bosses and co-workers to not show any kind of negative feelings towards anything they're responsible for when it comes to the movies, so I think that's why we've never heard her comment on the changes. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's not totally happy with all the changes made to the characters and relationships.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm sure she finds some changes annoying, but, yeah, she probably can't fully assert her opinion on things because...well, it is her job to promote these films, sooooo....yeah. haha, but yeah, I've always wondered what the RL trio's thoughts are on the changes made on-screen....especially, for example, the deemphasis on Ron (/Kloves kind of butchering his character) and the emphasis on Harry and Hermione....especially in terms of the possibility of sexual tension between them. Like, Ron/Hermione fans often complain of these changes, like, "Oh book-Harry would NEVER do that! Kloves is ruining the canon ships!" and Emma always goes on about how much she loves Ron-Hermione, but then her favorite scene in part 1 is the dancing scene, which is probably the most complained about scene by canon shippers because h/hr almost "cross that line"...and emma has even alluded to how the cast/crew were really split about this scene and how there was a lot of tension in it and there could have been something more between them?....i dunno, a lot of the stuff she says about the "ships" is really contradictory and i feel like she's never completely candid with her answers. but, i mean, it's understandable....ron/hermione are the couple to promote, i just wish we could have their unbiased opinions one of these days....haha. but i'm sure she loves the added harry/hermione "romantic" scenes because....well....dan plays harry. haha, um yeah. which makes me think of another topic that we could debate about but seeing as this forum has a history with that topic....i'll leave it up to others to decide. =P
demma4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

Quote:
Originally Posted by carraboo (View Post)
I think Emma would probably feel the same way we all do about the changes in the movies from the books, since she's such a big book fan. But the thing is, she's not really allowed to express that or at least, she has enough respect for her bosses and co-workers to not show any kind of negative feelings towards anything they're responsible for when it comes to the movies, so I think that's why we've never heard her comment on the changes. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's not totally happy with all the changes made to the characters and relationships.
I wonder how often it happened that they read the books and were all "can't wait to do that" and then when they got their scripts, they were all because those scenes were deleted

Old 02-01-2011, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

sorry

Old 02-01-2011, 02:58 AM
Amy
Elite Fan

Yes, the thing is Emma can't complain. Maybe in a few years when the dust has settled we can probably hear her opinon on Hermione's portrayl a lot more.