Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2017, 06:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
My review that I left on instagram:

"Forgetting about how biased I am with this film, here is my honest opinion: This film was good, not great. A lot of the actors didn't fit the characters, and the added songs were awful, so much so, at times they'd set up a good atmosphere and then ruin it. Such as when the Beast let Belle go, it was sad, but then he broke out into a god awful song and I was completely thrown off. There was a lot of auto tune, especially with Emma (my goddess), but that's only to be expected as none of these actors are natural born singers. The wardrobes were disgustingly dull, but the cgi was AMAZING. Now for the good, it stuck to the animation quite closely, it made an attempt at becoming its own with extra scenes, there was a lot of light humour and it still contained that Disney-esk vibe. Overall, 7/10."
Fair enough i am the sam3 i loved the disney cartoon thats my only issue with the life remake its not disney but i wikl watch it soon
Old 03-21-2017, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was still good, just a bit of a let down in parts
Old 03-21-2017, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

I watched it earlier on today, i went to see it. I went for 2D, i am not into 3D as much (also i already wear specs anyhow and usually you can tell which bits will be 3D lol).

I enjoyed it alot. I think Emma Watson was the perfect Belle. Everyone was really good.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
It was still good, just a bit of a let down in parts
Fait enough ill be watching it tomorrow so ill let you know what i think
Old 03-22-2017, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad you enjoyed it Hazel
Old 03-22-2017, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I absolutely loved this film! It is my favourite Disney film ever and Emma as Belle she was a perfect choice! I loved the extra scenes adding more backstory for the characters. Dan as the Beast was brilliant and I enjoyed the new songs as well as the old classics which we would expect
Old 03-22-2017, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad you guys still enjoyed it.

I think with these new versions usually there are things that let you down.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by together for life (View Post)
I absolutely loved this film! It is my favourite Disney film ever and Emma as Belle she was a perfect choice! I loved the extra scenes adding more backstory for the characters. Dan as the Beast was brilliant and I enjoyed the new songs as well as the old classics which we would expect
Yer I agree

Just came back from watching it and i love love loved it was such a great adaptation of it .. its not like the disney movie as it is very dark compare to the animation but I loved it so much imput into it the humour and heart was perfect and everyone played thier roles so well
Old 03-23-2017, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Yer I agree

Just came back from watching it and i love love loved it was such a great adaptation of it .. its not like the disney movie as it is very dark compare to the animation but I loved it so much imput into it the humour and heart was perfect and everyone played thier roles so well
Glad to hear you loved it. Will try to watch it this weekend.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just watched the movie and it was absolutely amazing Emma was incredible and believable which could have been hard but she nailed it. The costumes, songs everything is working perfectly. It's rare that I watch a movie without thinking of any real life matter but this was pure escapism I went to see it in 3d but it wasn't really worth it to be honest, i think 2D would have been the same. Also my niece who is three keeps watching the animated version and she loves it, this one i wouldn't let her watch because I feel like the beast could be too scary for younger children (just my opinion).
Old 03-25-2017, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Already saw the movie! Have to say it made me smile, laugh, almost cry... It has everything! And Emma couldn't have been more perfect for the role!

Icon by sourburst
Old 03-25-2017, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think I've ever been on this board before but I just saw Beauty and the Beast tonight and had to come on here and give Emma Watson the props she deserves! Beautiful film and she was fabulous in it! And who knew the girl CAN SING? Loved it!!!
Old 03-25-2017, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad to hear that you loved the film!
Old 03-28-2017, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's so lovely to have so many new members coming over to discuss this film with us I'm so happy everyone is enjoying it. Emma really shines through as Belle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by together for life (View Post)
I loved that they made his teeth really rotten when he was the beast. It all adds to the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven85 (View Post)
Glad you guys still enjoyed it.

I think with these new versions usually there are things that let you down.
It was a let down in parts, but nothing that wasn't overcome by the next scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
I don't think it's very dark, I thought it was quite light hearted. It's a little darker than Cinderella, but then there's no real villainy in Cinderella. That film was made magical by the colours, this film was made magical by the depth of the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksღfly (View Post)
Just watched the movie and it was absolutely amazing Emma was incredible and believable which could have been hard but she nailed it. The costumes, songs everything is working perfectly. It's rare that I watch a movie without thinking of any real life matter but this was pure escapism I went to see it in 3d but it wasn't really worth it to be honest, i think 2D would have been the same. Also my niece who is three keeps watching the animated version and she loves it, this one i wouldn't let her watch because I feel like the beast could be too scary for younger children (just my opinion).
Welcome

I'm so glad you enjoyed it I loved the costumes obviously not that one she got dressed up in though by the cabinet. That was hilarious how she just ducked out of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrsfanre (View Post)
Already saw the movie! Have to say it made me smile, laugh, almost cry... It has everything! And Emma couldn't have been more perfect for the role!
I almost cried when he let Belle go... even my boyfriend caught feels and then he broke out in song and we were like... moment gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightfan14 (View Post)
I don't think I've ever been on this board before but I just saw Beauty and the Beast tonight and had to come on here and give Emma Watson the props she deserves! Beautiful film and she was fabulous in it! And who knew the girl CAN SING? Loved it!!!
Welcome It's lovely to have you here with us

I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Old 03-28-2017, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed her in this film, I'm glad I twisted my husband's arm to go and see it!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread