Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Octobers {HouseღCuddy} #345: "...Dr. Lisa Cuddy, whose tortured romance with House drove the plot." - NY Times

The Octobers
House Cuddy
The smartest, sexiest, most sarcastic place on all the FanForum Universe. If you thrive on the unconventional relationship between House and Cuddy, whether its their constant loving thrust and parry or their searing sexual tension, you are home. Sit back, pop a Vicodin (just one) and grab a beer and bathe in the Huddyness. Invite your friends - you'll be glad you came.

Who They Are:

01. -= Lazy Days =- (Caro) 02. chrissy1302 03. Untouchable
04. Darh Lady 05. Mooshu 06. Lost in Translation
07. Leyton_Rox 08. jayta 09. Astra
10. Swamy 11. wickedfiend 12. akikoxv87
13. ~*Echo*~ 14. BuffyAngelbigandcarrie 15. friendsholic
16. - Linn - 17. Niuxita 18. Wynne
19. cazly 20. neelant 21. Crash & Burn
22. Moonie 23. Qwizzical777 24. exhumed potato
25. charlize20 26. KerBear 27. LoLoz
28. -Summer- 29. Mrs.PierceMariano 30. DreamTramp47
31. csikicksurass22 32. xx-Shelly-xx 33. Miss Zennie
34. LGrocks86 35. provocative 36. hmfc1874
37. BrucasRocks 38. ChoirNerd 39. 4biddenluv
40. HorrorRocky 41. Kiara99 42. SoSaysI81
43. Carlabehr 44. *Lonnie* 45. Jadecorleone
46. AmericanDirrty 47. Ellabella87 48. schroedy
49. JustAKid 50. valiy5 51. -->> ViRGiNi@ <<--
52. ~-Sarah-~ 53. Lisa Cuddy 54. little_earthquake
55. Stacexox 56. missbutterfly 57. Sarela Jade
58. LukaAbbyLover 59. lyss 60. Veronica Cuddy
61. *Raine* 62. NewHaven2005 63. Kiane
64. valeposh 65. cabot007 66. Jasonsgurl310
67. How-very-girl629 68. Ludmi83 69. R3ERdoc
70. Srta_Parker 71. Sheebs 72. roygvib
73. xJibertyx 74. lavenderskies 75. OrangesAndGasoline
76. ScullyCuddyrific 77. McB 78. Ana Luthor
79. simplyinfatuated 80. llanoestacado 81. Cappuccino
82. JoAFreak 83. Gleam 84. buffyandspike4ever
85. MBfan19 86. High304 87. QueeQueg0925
88. Gina Potter 89. spent cigarette 90. unfloopy_
91. jopace1970 (Erin) 92. LadyAnnie 93. BrucasForever<3
94. narahelissa 95. GdLvr 96. Jlaigle
97. Didibi 98. LovinAddisex 99. ryanforever
100. *~World on Fire~* 101. Ghawazee 102. huddyluv
103. watchmebleed 104. lissie1015 105. mondlerlove
106. Shining Light 107. mithril 108. xjoyusx
109. HuddyFan 110. Lilhousemd 111. wickiswalter
112. angeLica_mattheu 113. rummagingforanswers 114. natt!
115. H007 116. ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~ 117. Vote_SWC
118. . Aurora Vega . 119. ~Melissa~ 120. Compulsive
121. LoveIS 122. Dir en Grey 123. gaityr
124. zietke 125. _Dreamer_ 126. ele309
127. Shikabane-Mai 128. House24Fan 129. I_Wish_I_Were_Kerry
130. beautifullauren 131. Nightlife_Eyes 132. ~Jules~
133. Fez 134. babyyangelz 135. WrongfulActs
136. Beetroot 137. ~.Jackie.~ 138. Uscaremealot8357
139. Lois Graham 140. AngiePJBeliever 141. Ssamaltha
142. vannya 143. Dreamer~Candy4eva 144. How-very-girl629
145. ticcy 146. Xx.Maddison.xX 147. BOK
148. bluemoon86 149. Aurelia 150. SmilinStar
151. Big Head want Dolly 152. naleyforever 153. mathilda
154. Juli236 155. XBeth 156. mychakk
157. readingissexy 158. Huddy 4ever 159. chuckblairfan
160. Shannon- 161. Walloo <New&Improved> 162. ~KiRsTy~
163. PurpleElephant 164. Nadine 165. ~*HS*~
166. AnnieHall 167. house_cuddy4eva 168. Shin
169. doeeyes 170. button-lip 171. Lostirishgirl
172. jessss 173. ~Amarula~ 174. cherriblizz
175. Madnessland 176. I_Went_crazy 177. whathobertie
178. allygord27 179. CheEsecAKe&BRUCAS 180. MysteryGirl
181. Monkey Princess 182. Butterflies18 183. SnarkySarcastic
184. huddy88 185. Lilipuce 186. thineownself
187. ChemicalLover 188. Flora_Bora 189. .manuela
190. beckytm 191. mzpeaches21 192. Scully_fan
193. palis 194. SuzyQMilly 195. Jadynn
196. yeguia0 197. lulinha_k 198. silentღscene
199. x3LPnerd 200. asteraki 201. karentheidiot
202. tvchick1191 203. Lisa07 204. GSROlive
205. Ellie Cameron 206. ilovemcsteamy 207. MissSullivan
208. *pheeby* 209. LuckyRabbit 210. Balou
211. Malvie 212. Vivian_Rush 213. elduccia
214. canthaveyou 215. BeautifulDramaticMess 216. Scully08
217. Luna8 218. Goldfish21 219. Amberness
220. SaraLove8 221. Tiffers 222. unokid123
223. I*Felt*Your*Abscence 224. volvox 225. takeitgreen
226. tatablp 227. loveisrubyred 228. Demy
229. LostEvi 230. Bangellover001 231. OTHFanatic05
232. Sagey09 233. Fandoms_Unite 234. pinkpaisley
235. Chattia 236. Kelly_Dylan 237. cardinalfan06
238. sarahexox 239. GrooveThang 240. i<3doctors
241. CrystalSnow 242. B.Chambers 243. kfrancis08
244. Wes&FredFan 245. devexation 246. fe.
247. ~ayumi~ 248.bbroccs 249.merie
250. iana.costa
251. lpjmg 252. Agat
253. agentcmk 254.TizzyGaGaBlank 255.tina_italy
256. free2live 257.adriene_evans 258.ami_07
259. *Glam* 260. s30480 261. wowwowgabbzy
262. hoysoyyo 263. Majora's Mask 264. JackAndKate
265. shipperFan* 266. stellicidio 267. beatlette
268. KeithUrbanfan 269. Miss Anonymous 270.LucyGu

If you'd like to be added to the list, please let us know.

Where To Find Us: The Huddymap

Angela - Huddy Queen of Snark
Ashley - Huddy Queen of Medicine
Bec - Huddy Queen of Naughty Gutter Fantasies
Bridget - Huddy Queen of Chemistry
Cat - Huddy Queen of Lisa
Doris - Huddy Queen of Sarcasm
Fez - Huddy Queen of Reason
Janet - Huddy Queen of Controversy
Jess - Huddy Queen of Fiction
Ju - Huddy Queen of Friendship & Optimism
Kate - Huddy Queen Defender
Lauren - Huddy Queen of Subtext
Manu - Huddy Queen of the Holy Desk of Seks
Scully - Huddy Queen of Thread Titles
Taschka - Huddy Queen of Loyalty
Yaz - Huddy Queen of Epicness
Yvonne - Huddy Queen of Gregory House

Hugh Laurie
Lisa Edelstein
Katie Jacobs
Greg Yaitanes
James Wilson
Michael Ausiello
Taschka's grandma

1. Because he looks at her
2. Because he can't get over her
3. Because she's the object of his obvious fascination.
4. Because she likes him and trusts him.
5. Because they keep each others secrets.
6. Because nobody else can deal with him like she does.
7. Because she drives him crazy.
8. Because she wants his babyjuice.
9. Because Teh Lisa says so.
10. Because she makes him smile, but he'll never admit that.
11. Because he spends most of his time thinking or talking about her.
12. Because he loves her funbags (who doesn't?).
13. Because even David Shore himself admits that they have a strong chemistry.
14. Because DS revealed that it's obvious that they have had a past relationship, that one might have the feeling that they might get back in to it, and that the show might take that route.
15. Because they bicker like an old married couple
16. Because he can't get enough of her ass
17. Because she is his constant
18. Because Huddy is happening in season five
19. Because they wont be able to dance around each other for much longer
20. Because the kiss is the start of an unconventional romance
21. Because "a flesh tube is way more fun that a test tube!" ~LE

Why I Love House/Cuddy
I love them because they're equals. They think on the same level and aren't afraid to push each other's buttons. Even though they don't always agree they respect each other, maybe more than they respect any other person. Also a pretty big part of it is Lisa and Hugh's awesome chemistry.

Favorite Episode:

Favorite Scene:
~ bluemoon86

Why I Love House/Cuddy:
‘You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might get what you need.’
The relationship between Cuddy and House is everything but easy. Both of them know what they want and at the same time are not ready to admit this. Both of them are afraid of change, of what would happen if they listened to what their hearts are screaming at them to do about their feelings. Cuddy is scared of crossing the border from a rather professional relationship to a romantic one, while House is scared to share his miserable life with someone else. College feels like a lifetime away.
So they keep dancing around each other, their mutual attraction undeniable, and still unable to take a step forward. One day, if they try hard enough, they will reconnect and find the love they need.

Favorite Episode(s):

(Three Stories, No Reason, HH/WH)
~ I like confusing episodes and scenes with a somewhat philosophical and melancholic background.

Favorite Scene:

the Allergy treatment in 'Living the dream'
~ This scene shows how much the two of them trust each other and how much they are willing to risk to save each others job. House offers to save Cuddy's job by taking the blame on him and Cuddy makes clear that if he needs to go, so will she.
~ Fez (Franziska)

Why I Love House/Cuddy:

Favorite Episode:
It's a really hard choice, but I would say that my favorite House/Cuddy episode is the two-parter House's Head/Wilson's Heart. Everything came together perfectly in this two-part episode. These episodes show the fullness of the House/Cuddy relationship in a way quite similar to the office scene in "Human Error". The stripping scene shows their intellectual connection as well as their obvious sexual chemistry, her staying over at his house shows their trust and caring, and the way she stays at his bedside when everyone else has left him shows her unfailing loyalty. These episodes are by far the best sampling of the overall House/Cuddy relationship the series has offered yet.

Favorite Scene:
Most definitely, my favorite House/Cuddy scene of the series is the office scene in "Human Error". This scene gives the audience, in less than five minutes, the perfect understanding of the relationship between these two people. We see his respect for her, her understanding of and concern for him, and the amazing connection and communication they have with one another. She is what he needs. She can guide him to accepting the truth of a situation without antagonizing him. And he can accept her criticism because it comes from a woman he fully respects and appreciates. I could watch this scene over and over and not tire of it.
~ House24Fan (Lauren)

Why I Love House/Cuddy:
From the moment I saw these two on screen together, I knew they had something special. Huddy is anything but shallow... they understand each other, they look out for each other, they have their own special snarky banter, like being in their own world. Everyone else is always commenting on how they believe more is going on between them. But that’s nothing compared to the long lasting friendship they have had. There are no secrets between them and they accept each other wholly. They are just both so damaged in some ways they just need to look to one another for what they need finally. When they do, it’s going be the most amazing relationship. They have love; they have respect, admiration, passion and snarky, sexy banter. That is the definition of an OTP.

Favorite Episode:
My fave Huddy ep is Who's Your Daddy. For one, House kept Cuddy's secret about the IVF, and he's never kept a secret. He got involved in his own intrusive way with bringing in the donor, because that's his way of showing he cares. He even said it should be someone she knows and likes. Because he cared about what her kid would be like. It was an episode that really showcased their strong albeit complicated friendship. With the end scene, they both knew what she wanted to ask him. Their faces said it all.

Favorite Scene:
My fave Huddy moment, while there are so many awesome ones, is the office scene from the Jerk; where Cuddy makes House's clinic hours into a game for him. It's so amazing how she knows exactly what gets him interested, what makes him tick. The whole scene is incredibly hot, its so easy to tell that Cuddy is enjoying being able to have House have fun as well as treat patients, thereby they both win. And House is enjoying Cuddy turning it into a game for him. Plus the way they look at each other is pure sexy
~ housecuddy4eva (Bec)

Why I Love House/Cuddy:
A healthy relationship, a loving relationship, and a lasting relationship must be built on utter acceptance and understanding. To love a person you can’t just love parts of them or see parts of them, you must take them whole, embracing their quirks and their flaws. They must have understanding to relate to each other, to be able to communicate, to know each other, love is not instantaneous, seeing someone from across a crowded room~ Romeo and Juliet-esque poetics. Real love inspires passion, not just lust, but an intense desire for someone that is emotional as well as physical. Most importantly real love does not force change but inspire growth. People should not have to change to be with the one they love, but a healthy relationship should inspire you to be a better person because of it.

House and Cuddy are the epitome of these things. They have known each other for over twenty years, they have seen each other at their best and worst: Cuddy knew him when he was a legend in high school and she was there when his leg was ruined, House was the only one who was there for her when she was trying to have a baby, he saw her excitement over it and her disappointment when she couldn’t. History does not automatically make understanding, House and Cuddy relate, they get each other. House knows that Cuddy wants to see things get better, that she sees the world as it is and how it could be. Cuddy is the only person who understands that House is not just mean because he is a bastard; she understands that he always has a purpose. She believes in his purposes and in return only Cuddy gets to see behind all of his walls. Not always of course, but there are moments such when he tells Cuddy he needs her, spoken with such a raw tone he can’t be lying despite his philosophy, and Cuddy sees him, all of him and she is the first person to accept him. House respects her too, yes his comments can be degrading but she doesn’t let it bother her because she knows he does. In House’s head, his subconscious conjured up Cuddy, instead of the ducklings or Wilson, because despite his comments, he knows how intelligent she is. They have passion of course, electric energy that cackles between them as they banter back and forth, but they also have passion for each other: House is near obsessive as he follows her dates and goes through her trash. Cuddy doesn’t let him get away with things because she can’t handle him or she would rather jump his bones, she lets him get away with risky procedures because she is passionate about his ability to save lives. Cuddy has stated his flaws many times, he is arrogant, immature, closed off, but the only time she tries to interfere is when his flaws are hurting him. That is not demanding change that is pushing along growth that House is rarely to have without her. She buys him tickets to take a vacation, not so he can come back a new man but so he come back a happy one. She lies to him about the patient because she knows he must find a source of happiness that lasts longer than a few days. She wants him to be happy, even before her own happiness and that is real love. House and Cuddy have a give and take dynamic, neither of them are happy and while being together wouldn’t transform their lives into a fairytale, it would give them both the connection they so desperately need. They have an effect on each other.

Favorite Episode:
Whose your daddy. My first episode ever and I immediately knew they were the couple. We see house caring deeply about her, he goes out of his way to help her, to make sure her dreams are fulfilled, and that she picks the best possible person to conceive a baby with. Cuddy going to his office at the end is one of the most subtle and beautiful scenes I've ever watched. They care so much about each other and this episode proves it.

Favorite Scene:
The end Of human Error. Cuddy goes to comfort him and she knows how he's feeling. Instead of pushing her away like he would do anyone else, he gives her a genuine compliment, and his voice truly betrays the vulnerability he shows to her in that moment.
~ how-very-girl629 (Angela)

Why I Love House/Cuddy
'Because relationships are often best rooted from friendship' House/Cuddy was a complex relationship from the start and that is what drew me to them. The snark and the sexual tension but, underneath is the love a respect they have for one another. They don't seem to want to fix each other and through what they have been through the relationship stays strong.

Favorite Episode:
My Favorite episode is 'Who's your daddy'

Favorite Scene:

From Wilson's heart where she says 'I'm here' it shows sheis with him no matter what
~ huddyluv (Eloise)

Why I Love House/Cuddy:
“I believe that House and Cuddy are meant to be together, as much as House is meant to be with anyone. These two people, with all their imperfections, are perfect for each other in a way that no respective others will ever match. Beneath their outer facade of witty banter and undeniable sexual chemistry lies a deep and abiding affection borne from years of friendship and shared experiences, a level of trust and respect that they only show to each other, an understanding of each other that allows them to communicate without words and a connection which keeps them irresistibly drawn to one another despite their efforts to resist. Alike enough to maintain a functioning relationship, and different enough to constantly challenge each other and keep that relationship interesting, they are the epitome of the perfect balance. For her he is the centre of her universe, but she is afraid to give in to her feelings and everything that entails. For him she is the woman in his life who means everything to him, but he is afraid to show his emotions and allow himself to be vulnerable. But two people so right for each other can’t deny it forever – it’s time for them to give in to what they feel and overcome their fears together.”

Favorite Episode:
3x14 Insensitive
I really love everything about this episode - the patient of the week, the scenes between the Ducklings, the humorous House/Wilson moments and of course the large amount of Huddy content. House went out of his way to ruin her date and was acting very possessive and jealous, he does indeed want her to himself and for much more than a shallow fling, he wants to BE with her on a serious basis. This episode proved that beyond doubt.

Favorite Scene:

"Do you like me, House?" from 3x14 Insensitive
This has been my favorite scene from the moment I saw it. Cuddy asks "Do you like me" straight out and he hesitates, can't answer and barely meets her eye, He then comes out with another snarky comment to cover this rare slip, but it fails, as to me it is pefectly clear that Cuddy knows the answer - yes he likes her and more than just a little. In this scene, House really did say it best when he said nothing at all.
~ Shining Light (Cat)

Why I Love House/Cuddy:
My favorite House/Cuddy scene? Well, first of all, there are a lot to choose from. A lot of banter, a lot of snark, a lot of “hot” scenes. House giving Cuddy injections, Cuddy writhing on the conference room table in front of him, House grabbing her ass. But my favorite is something completely different, something very quiet. Probably a strange choice, maybe an illogical one. It’s a tiny moment in “Human Error” that gives me a small shiver whenever I think of it. House is sitting in his office, staring at the whiteboard, depressed that he can’t solve his case. Cuddy comes by, everything is dark, she stops at his door. House looks up and then says ten trivial, and quite unusual words, his voice incredibly different from everything I’ve ever heard him say: “The way the security light hits your legs...looks good.” Cuddy replies with a simple, “Thank you”.

One may say, this scene is a strange choice, because it’s not at all what their interaction is usually about. The banter and everything. But this scene, for me, is the perfect summary of their wonderful and complex relationship:

There is attraction. All of their interaction is full of it. Usually soaked with snarky comments he makes about her body. Comments she always enjoys, as unprofessional as they might be. Here, House addresses this attraction as well, however, in a much more unusual way, almost sensual.

There is admiration. As David Shore said, Cuddy is not just an administrator who says no to House. She is able to recognize his value and understand the way he operates. She admires him in many ways: as a doctor, as a colleague, as somebody who speaks the truth, as somebody who has the gift to read people, as a friend. Cuddy is living through him in a way, being what she can’t be herself, but maybe wished she was. And House admires Cuddy just as much. For putting up with him, for always having a witty response, for making him able to be who he is, for understanding.

There is respect. It might not be obvious to the casual viewer, but House knows exactly where to draw the line: Not giving away Cuddy’s secret about her attempts to get pregnant, or telling her honestly she is a good boss in “Humpty Dumpty”, are only two examples. And the statement from “Human Error” is just full of respect. Not one of his usual jokes about her body, but something he means, when he lets his guard down for once. It says much more about how he sees and respects her as a person, than it actually says about her legs.

And, maybe most importantly, there is understanding. Instead of questioning House’s motives, dismissing his comment with a joke, or simply ignoring it, Cuddy understands and thanks him. Plain and simple. Nothing more. Everything is said.

Favorite Episode:

"Three Stories" ~ It's my favorite House episode in general and simply amazes me every time I see it. And it also has great House/Cuddy moments, that show how well they relate to each other, even with--or maybe because of--the troubled, but important history they have together. I love the snarky conversation they have at the beginning and adore Cuddy's gentle, somewhat guilty, "Twenty minutes ago" at the end.

Favorite Scene:
The above mentioned scene from "Human Error" because it sums up so perfectly what I love about House and Cuddy.
~ whathobertie (Steph)

Why I Love House/Cuddy:
House and Cuddy...Cuddy and House...Huddy. They're relationship is anything but conventional. Between his comments about her body and her wardrobe and her ability to make him miserable whenever she likes, there’s a message of love that neither one of them see. Or they may see it and refuse to acknowledge it. There’s a degree of sexual tension that has kept us captivated with them for the past five seasons.

Favorite Episode:
Who’s Your Daddy ~ As much as I wanted to smack Cuddy for not asking House to be a donor the episode as a whole was a very big step in their relationship. She allowed herself to trust in him to keep the IVF a secret and House gave his honest opinion on her donors.
Words and Deeds ~ In this episode we discovered that Cuddy truly cares for House and his well being, between the speech she gave him in her office and her decision to perjure herself you realize she is willing to risk anything to keep him from going to jail.
Act Your Age ~ This is a humorous episode when House becomes focused on Wilson and Cuddy after he takes her to a play. House seems shocked every time Wilson jokingly confesses to sleeping with her.

Favorite Scene:
The end of Joy, obviously.
To be serious, the ending of The Itch ~ As House approaches Cuddy’s house you feel a sense of excitement because you think this is the moment, he’s actually going to man up to his feelings and ask her out, but then you soon see the gears grinding in his head and as he turns away you become slightly disappointed, but almost relieved because it would’ve been to easy, and their relationship is anything but easy.
~ silentღscene (Jess)

Why I love House and Cuddy:
Sometimes I think I fell in love with Huddy pretty much the same way House and Cuddy fell in love with each other - not noticing it was happening, then not really admitting it at first, almost fighting it, until there was no room for denial anymore and I just surrendered to it. I didn't see them happening right away, and I've always admitted that. I did realize how fun when they were around each other, how their friendship was amazing. But romance? I didn't think so, at first. Now, years later, sometimes I still can't believe how dense I was not to see it. On the other hand, what makes this ship even more amazing to me is the fact that I didn't fall for them because they were obvious since day one. That’s not why I love them. I love them because after all these years, they are still able to amaze me more and more with each episode, like no other couple I’ve ever shipped before. The banter, the fights, the conversations, the funny moments, the smiles they only have for each other, the games, the sexual tension, the respect, the admiration, how they know and how they get each other, the history, the feelings they can’t even hide anymore (and how adorable it is when they try to), the fact that I could keep enumerating everything that’s amazing about them and never be able to finish that task – that’s why I love House and Cuddy.

Favorite episode:
I really can’t choose ONE episode. I have favorite House episodes, and favorite Huddy episodes, in every season. So I’ll take my most recent favorite episode, that is 5x07, The Itch. I love it because the episode itself was awesome, I loved the case, loved that all the characters had the chance to be in the story and did a good job with it. But of course, my favorite part is the kiss aftermath. I absolutely LOVE how they struggle to deal with their feelings for each other and the fact that they let themselves be so open and vulnerable that one night and now they don’t know what to do with this, where to go from here – it’s adorable to see.

Favorite scene:
Again, I’m gonna get my most recent favorite one. Guess what it is? THE KISS, YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart still skips a beat every time I see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~ (Ju)

Season 1

Lisa Cuddy and Greg House are just like any other employer and employee right? Wrong! This isn’t your normal workplace relationship. Season one follows Cuddy as she battles for power with her star employee in the position she created for him. House evades clinic work and does his best to avoid any contact with patients. But despite this, Cuddy always manages to keep him in line, to a point.

When House suspects an infection is spreading throughout the hospital and is affecting newborn babies, Cuddy at first doesn’t believe it. But Cuddy’s faith in House’s ability is very strong and as we will see often, Cuddy relents to House’s pleading and eventually gives him the go-ahead for changing the treatments for the sick babies without their parents’ consent.

House’s chronic pain forces him to use the narcotic Vicodin and when Cuddy sees House popping twice as much Vicodin as when she hired him, she challenges him to quit his addiction. House goes through withdrawal and his patient suffers because of it. In the end, House admits to Wilson he is addicted, but he never knows it was Wilson’s idea for the challenge in the first place, not Cuddy’s.

Halfway through the season, we are introduced to Edward Vogler. A multi-millionaire, who has donated 100 million dollars to the hospital. With his donation, Vogler becomes the Chairman of the Board and he soon has it in for House. Cuddy was unable to convince Vogler that she had any power over House. She tried to save his job, making Vogler think she liked House. Things get out of hand and the board is forced to vote to either fire or keep House. All of the board members - including Cuddy - approve termination. Wilson is opposed, and House is saved because it wasn't unanimous. So, the board takes another vote and votes Wilson off the board. House tries to confront Cuddy, but she quickly ends the conversation by declaring that he may be a great doctor but he is not worth $100 million. But during a second voting on House, Cuddy stands up to the board, after House saved another baby. She was reminded again why House was an asset to the hospital and thereby saved House’s job, while at the same time giving back the 100 million dollars Vogler donated. Cuddy says that she voted to get rid of the lesser of two evils.

The end of season one brings the return of Stacy, House’s ex-girlfriend, with whom he lived together for five years. Her husband is ill and she is desperate. We learn that Cuddy was one of the doctors involved when House had an infarction in his leg five years prior. When he went into cardiac arrest after his first operation, Cuddy shocked him back to life. Because Stacy’s husband will need monitoring and intensive therapy after having been diagnosed by House with AIP, Cuddy offers Stacy a job at the hospital.
It was clear from episode one of the show that Cuddy would always choose House, and that she cared for him a great deal. Their constant snarky and sexy banter was a great part of establishing the show.

01. Because she isn't scared of him. (1.01)
02. Because Cuddy watches and quotes General Hospital and that makes House smile. (1.01)
03. Because it's a game, and Cuddy's gonna win. (1.03)
04. Because he has her home phone number, in case anything comes up at three o'clock in the morning. (1.03)
05. Because House thinks Cuddy is an 'excellent council'. (1.03)
06. Because Wilson suspects House has a thing for Cuddy. (1.03)
07. Because Wilson advises House to take his pills and go and 'kiss Cuddy's ass'. (1.03)
08. Because they both love the Yankees. (1.12)
09. Because she likes the way he looks in a lab coat. (1.15)
10. Because she only has thighs for him. (1.18)
11. Because she protects him. (1.18)

Cuddy: Your reputation won't last if you don't do your job; the clinic is part of your job. I want you to do your job.
House: Ah, yes, but as the philosopher Jagger once said, 'You can't always get what you want.' (1.01)

House: I could run home.
Cuddy (looking at his leg): No, you couldn't. (1.03)

Cuddy: ...working with people actually makes you a better doctor.
House: When did I sign up for that course?
Cuddy: When did I give you the impression that I care?
House: Working in this clinic obviously instills a deep sense of compassion. I've got your home number, right? In case anything comes up at 3 o'clock in the morning.
Cuddy: It's not going to work. You know why? Because this is fun. You think of something to make me miserable, I think of something to make you miserable: it's a game! And I'm going to win, because I've got a head start. You are already miserable. (1.04)

House: See, this is why I don’t waste money on shrinks, cause you give me all these really great insights for free.
Cuddy: Shrink. If you would consider going to a shrink, I would pay for it myself. The hospital would hold a bake sale, for God's sake. (1.04)

Cuddy: Good morning, Dr. House.
House: Good morning, Dr. Cuddy! Love that outfit. Says, I’m professional, but I’m still a woman. Actually, it sort of yells the second part.
Cuddy: Yeah, and your big cane is real subtle too. (1.06)

Cuddy: When I hired you, I knew you were insane. I will continue to try and stop you from doing insane things, but once they're done. Trying to convince an insane person not to do insane things is, in itself, insane, so when I hired you I also set aside $50,000 a year for legal expenses. So far you've come in under budget. (1.09)

Cuddy: Oh, why do you have to make everything so dramatic?
House: Because I'm a very high-strung little lapdog. Ruff ruff ruff, rarr, ruff! (1.17)

House: Wow. Well, you've certainly given me a lot to think about. If only I was as open as you.
Cuddy: Well...
House: Actually, it was your blouse I was talking about.(1.20)

Season 2

Season two provided more development with House and Cuddy's relationship. It revealed that the two actually knew a lot about each other, and had a long history. The first part of the season started off with Cuddy finding herself in a difficult position when a worker falls off her roof. She feels very guilty and overrules House’s treatment. House then makes sure he checks out her house and especially the bedroom for toxins and anything else that could have caused the patient’s condition. When the patient is finally diagnosed, House tells Cuddy how he feels:

House: Now would the world be a better place if people never felt guilty? […] I know this wasn’t just because it was your roof. Cuddy…you see the world as it is and you see the world as it could be. What you don’t see is what everybody else sees. The giant, gaping chasm in between.
Cuddy: House, I’m not naïve. I realize-
House: If you did, you never would have hired me. You’re not happy unless things are just right. Which means two things. You’re a good boss. And you’ll never be happy.

The relationship between House and Stacy reaches a climax and Stacy leaves the hospital. The emotional pain turns into a worse physical pain for House and he goes to Cuddy for a shot of morphine in his spine. Cuddy gives him a shot, but when House approaches Cuddy for another shot of morphine. She thinks it's curious that the pain returned after House solved the case. He says he only wants a shot, not a psych session. Cuddy calmly tells him that when she administered the shot, it was only a placebo full of saline. House realizes his pain is indeed in his mind.

When Foreman is infected with a disease that killed a cop, House pleads with Cuddy to have him do the autopsy, instead of the CDC. But Cuddy refuses. House then tries to manipulate Cuddy by introducing Foreman’s dad to her, but she doesn’t budge. We see Cuddy as she cries after Mr. Foreman and House left, but her strength holds and she is convinced she is doing the right thing.

Wilson gloats to House about Cuddy asking him out to dinner. House’s jealousy rises to the surface, but he is convinced Cuddy is up to something. House brings Wilson items from Cuddy's trash -- a receipt from a pharmacy and an empty box of Red Clover. Both doctors know that Red Clover is used for cancer. House observes that Cuddy asked an oncologist to dinner instead of any other doctor in the department. House thinks that this isn't a date but a consult. After the date, House wants to know how Wilson's dinner with Cuddy went. Wilson says that it was a real date and that cancer never came up. House asks why he is in the lab doing a PCR test from a spoon. He deduces that it must be Cuddy's spoon from dinner. Wilson admits that he's checking her saliva for cancer markers. House tells Wilson to find him when the results come in. Wilson announces to House that Cuddy is negative for all cancer markers. House goes to Cuddy's office and tells her that she doesn't have cancer. She's more than a little surprised by the test results, mainly because she didn't know that tests weren't being run. Cuddy's estrogen is too high because she is on fertility meds. Her dinner with Wilson was an audition. Cuddy confesses that she's looking for a sperm donor, not a partner.

After her confession about wanting a baby, Cuddy confides in House again when she gives him files on potential donors to read. She also asks him to administer twice-daily injections of menotropins, which are part of the IVF protocol. House is more than happy to and spends a long time making sure the area of the injection is sterile, transfixed by Cuddy’s bodacious derriere. House feels she shouldn’t pick a random guy, just because he has good genes. So, he invites one of the guys from the files for an interview, unbeknownst to Cuddy. When she enters the room while House is talking to the man, she soon realizes what House is doing and tells him to leave. While giving Cuddy another injection, House shares how he feels about her picking a donor:

House: I don’t care if you marry this guy, date this guy, go through his garbage, but you should know genes matter. Who you are matters. Find somebody you trust.
Cuddy: Someone like you?
House: Someone you like.

Later on, Cuddy visits House in his office. She wants to ask him something, but looses her resolve and just thanks him for the injections. When House asks her if she came all the way up for just that, Cuddy simply answers ‘no.’
When House is shot by the husband of a former patient of his. Before he passes out, House asks Cameron to tell Cuddy that he wants ketamine. A clinic in Germany has been treating chronic pain by inducing a coma, which basically allows the brain to reboot itself. There's a 50% chance that House's pain will never return. The banter remained but it took on a more serious and caring tone. Throughout the season it became more clear that House and Cuddy had something going on. Behind the arguments about patient treatments and Cuddy forcing House to do clinic, it was obvious they cared about each other.

01. Because he knows where she keeps her spare keys. (2.03)
02. Because House has done handy-man work for her. (2.03)
03. Because he knows 'where it all happens'. (2.03)
04. Because he likes to get around to her panties. (2.03)
05. Because he knows her tampon size. (2.03)
06. Because they're too nasty to each other not to have been... nasty. (2.03)
07. Because Stacy is curious as to why House is curious about Cuddy. (2.03)
08. Because they're so in sync, they're wearing each other's underwear. (Chop-chop time) (2.03)
09. Because he thinks she's a good boss. (2.03)
10. Because everyone thinks they've had sex before. (2.03)
11. Because House trusts Cuddy enough to drop his pants in front of her. (2.13)
12. Because whenever she gets sick, she makes House take the medicine. (2.16)
13. Because he knows all her poker tells. (2.17)
14. Because even so, she can still beat him at poker. (2.17)
15. Because she doesn't like nice boys. (2.22)
16. Because he broke into her office again. (2.22 Forever)
17. Because going through someone's garbage equals love. (2.22)
18. Because he thinks she's smart, funny, and has a zesty bod. (2.22)
19. Because he knows her ovulation cycle and it's not based on how bitchy she gets. (2.22)
20. Because he wants to know when their "dinner" is going to happen. (2.22)
21. Because he was almost mad at her for not having cancer if that meant she liked Wilson. (2.22)
22. Because he takes an interest in her. (2.22)
23. Because she knows all his friend. (2.23)
24. Because he already got to second base. (2.23)
25. Because microbes can be sneaky. Keep rubbing, House! (2.23 Who's Your Daddy)
26. Because he didn't tell anyone she was trying to have a baby (2.23)
27. Because he thinks she should have her baby with someone she likes. (2.23)
28. Because he clearly wanted her to ask him to be the father of her baby. (2.23)

House: Death row guy. I want the case.
Cuddy: How do you even know about him? You don't have access to the hospital's mainframe.
House: No, but "partypants" does.
Cuddy: You stole my password?
House: Hardly counts as stealing; it's a pretty obvious choice. (2.01)

House: Is it still illegal to perform an autopsy on a living person?
Cuddy: Are you high?
House: If it’s Tuesday, I’m wasted. (2.02)

House: You see the world as it is and you see the world as it could be. What you don’t see is what everybody else sees: the giant, gaping chasm in-between.
Cuddy: House, I’m not naive. I realize-
House: If you did, you never would have hired me. You’re not happy unless things are just right. Which means two things: you’re a good boss and you’ll never be happy. By the way, why does everybody think you and I had sex? Think there could be something to it? (2.03)

House: This girl's father will die by next weekend unless he gets your wife's heart.
Cuddy: House, don't you think that's a little manipulative?
House: No, it's hugely manipulative. (2.14)

Cuddy: You might wanna spend a little more time paying attention to your cards and a little less time staring at my breasts! (2.17)

Cuddy: I can’t even imagine the backwards logic you used to rationalize shooting a corpse.
House: Well if I shot a live person, there’s a lot more paperwork. (2.20)

House: Bad news... estrogen is too high.
Cuddy: No matter how many people you tell otherwise, I am, and always have been, a woman. (2.22)

House: Just admit that you like her... she's smart, funny, got a zesty bod. It's great that you can overlook the fact that she's the devil. (2.22)

House: I don't care if you marry this guy, date him, or go through his trash, you should know, who you are matters. Find someone you trust.
Cuddy: Someone like you?
House: Someone you like. (2.23)

Cuddy: Part of the protocol for in vitro fertilization is twice-daily injections of menotropins. I can’t do it myself.
House: Turn around.
Cuddy: No clever comments about bending over?
House: Not unless you want me to.
Cuddy: I’m just not used to House, the professional.
House: I was just thinking about what your mother looked like, because your father obviously chose her for breeding purposes.
Cuddy: Shut up. (2.23)

Cuddy: Thank you for the injections.
House: You’re welcome. You came all the way up here just to tell me that?
Cuddy: No. (2.23)

Season 3
Season 3 starts with Cuddy still attempting to become a mother. At first, House thinks she’s been successful and constantly jokes about it – especially about the changes that her body is supposed to be going through, firmer breasts, bigger ass – unaware that, in fact, she hasn’t been successful at all. And it’s his knowing about it that actually leads to probably one of their most heartbreaking moments – after Cuddy makes the wrong call on a case that involved a little girl, House, who is in a lot of pain that day and mad at her for not giving him more of his medication, yells at her that it’s good she never got to be a mother because she would suck at it. As Cuddy cries and shares this with Wilson, she says that people might think House has no people skills, but that’s not true, because he knows exactly how to hurt them. While it’s sad to see him hurt her, it’s also very revealing of how much his words can get to her, how much they matter. You only really get that hurt by people you care about a lot, and you can only know what hurts someone the most if you know them too well.

But as we already know from previous seasons, Cuddy’s ability to forgive him never ceases. No matter what he does, or how badly he behaves, she knows who he really is underneath the “jerk” attitude he puts up for everyone. And because she knows all this, she’s willing to even jeopardize her own career by perjuring herself for him when detective Tritter (a patient House refused to apologize to) incessantly tried to put him in jail for several reasons – including his drug use, which again, as in every season, she tried to stop, unsuccessfully. But she wasn’t aware that her attempts to help him quit Vicodin had failed. She truly believed he was recovering until she caught him using Vicodin while trying to skip work, much to her disappointment. She had, however, something to use against him this time – the fact that he’d be in jail if it wasn’t for her, something they’d use for their own manipulation games later.

The middle of season 3 is probably the huddiest phase we had ever witnessed in three years of the show. As it progresses, their feelings for each other become more and more clear. It starts with a very jealous House that will come up with whatever medical excuse he can think of to go after her, wherever she is, just to stop her from seeing someone else. Despite her annoyance for being constantly interrupted, Cuddy can’t help but come full of life around him, confident, compelling, her true self - a side of her that only House gets and no one else. Something that her date quickly picks up on:

“You should hear yourself when you’re talking to him. Nothing in the world is going on.”

A little bit after this event, we see House take on one of his craziest stunts – faking cancer, something that obviously made Cuddy really worried for him. But unlike everyone else, who went totally nuts when the (fake) news came out, she wasn’t all over him full of questions and desperate measures to save him, because she knew he’d come to her if he needed her. Which he did, even though the disease was a lie. That’s when they share one of those moments where we can see how much they enjoy each other and what they do – Cuddy laughing at House taking the chance to grab her ass as they hug, and House amusingly smirking after she gives him a “not a chance” comeback to his following her to her room.

Later in the season, House is puzzled. There’s this patient he’s sure he has already met before, but can’t really place him. Turns out, in the end, that he did know the guy but for a special reason – he’d seen Cuddy make out with him at a party. Obviously jealous, he questions her about the guy, pretending not to care. But he can’t fool her, she knows it when he’s jealous and teasingly tells him to get over her. And that’s when we have one of the best dialogues between them ever, confirming to us what we had suspected all along – they had been involved in the past!

Cuddy’s desire to have a child hasn’t gone away, and House knows it, as she gets too attached to the case of a 40-year-old pregnant woman who will die unless they kill her baby, something Cuddy will not accept. This leads her to take some desperate, crazy measures, which goes to show how much alike they are when it comes to going as far as it takes to do the right thing for their patients, and why she lets him do the crazy things he does, something no other boss in the world would do – because given the same circumstances she’d be just as crazy as him. And even though House has been pretty harsh on her about trying to get pregnant, he’s still the one Cuddy would trust to save her baby.
And the jealousy goes on, this time on House’s part, again (at least the third time we’ve seen it this season). Always observant of everything about her, he notices one day that she’s wearing extra makeup and assumes that means she was out late the previous night. Which was true, Cuddy really had been out late, with Wilson, they went to a play, which a normal thing friends do, but House has an different theory about taking women to the theater – the only reason to do that, in his opinion, is if the guy wants to have sex with her.

Needless to say, he goes nuts when he finds out Wilson took her to that play and immediately confronts him about it. Wilson, who knows too well how House feels about Cuddy, would never miss the chance to tease him about this, made House believe he might have slept with her indeed, which leaves House speechless, even though Wilson would obviously never do that. Wilson tells House he has a problem (for believing he’d do such a thing and going so crazy over it) – yeah we all know what that problem is...

While watching a patient’s family, where the father dated a girl much younger than himself, leave the hospital, Cuddy and House have a casual conversation about relationships. Cuddy says she doesn’t get May-December relationships: “Why can’t it be October/October?” – hence our shipper name, if you’re new to this thread and didn’t know where “Octobers” came from. ♥
And that’s the moment he chooses to make his move. He finally asks her out, for the first time actually. To a play. But despite his sexual theory about that, the moment is sweet, the invitation is almost shy, definitely surprising to her. Much to his –and our – disappointment, she says no to it, again because of Wilson. House is mad at Wilson, he thinks he is leading her on and just can’t accept that she’d rather go out with Wilson than him. But there’s a reason to it. She chose Wilson because he’s the safe choice – which pleased House, especially because that meant he wasn’t safe. Cool. The season closes as House loses his team and works alone to solve the case of a woman who died while trying to get to him, her only hope to be cured. While trying to figure it out in the middle of the night, Cuddy comes to see him. She knows he cares about the case. She knows he cares about them all, even he’ll never admit that to her or even to himself. And that’s the last Huddy moment of the season, a very meaningful one to most shippers, as we see, probably for the first time in three seasons, House actually complimenting her in a non-snarky way:

"The way the security light hits your legs…looks good."
"Thank you."

01. Because he drank from her water bottle. (3.01)
02. Because she knows exactly what type of cases that he wants ("Oh, well played, Sir.") (3.01)
03. Because he thanked her for putting him in a ketamine-induced coma and changing his life. (3.01)
04. Because he thought about her while in the shower. (3.02)
05. Because he noticed her breasts looked firmer. (3.02)
06. Because he pretended to fall, just to get her to touch him. (3.02)
07. Because he knew that withholding information from him wasn't her idea. (3.02)
08. Because you can't stop their love. (3.04)
09. Because she's ugly when she's jealous. (3.04)
10. Because "I'm ovulating, let's go." (3.04)
11. Because they had laser-pointer sex (3.09)
12. Because she is his dealer. (3.09)
13. Because he finally got to her. (3.09)
14. Because she saved him from going to jail. (3.11)
15. Because she owns his ass. (3.11)
16. Because he knows it. (3.11)
17. Because she's a perjurer. (3.12)
18. Because he's a felon. (3.12)
19. Because it's more than a game to her. (3.12)
20. Because she wants him to find humanity. (3.12)
21. Because he thought she was going kiss him. (3.12)
22. Because it's enough foreplay already (3.12)
23. Because he interrupted her date. (3.14)
24. Because he knew exactly where she would take her date. (3.14)
25. Because he showed up to her place and was surprised to find her date still there. (3.14)
26. Because she thinks he likes her. (3.14)
27. Because she considers he wants her for himself. (3.14)
28. Because nothing else in the world's going on when she talks to him. (3.14)
29. Because she was worried that another hospital was trying to steal her best doctor. (3.15)
30. Because she was scared that he had a brain cancer (3.15)
31. Because when she discovered that he was ill, she still gave him his space, allowing him to come to her. (3.15)
32. Because showing up at her place in the middle of the night allows him to see what she is wearing. (3.15)
33. Because she is there for him if he needs her. (3.15)
34. Because he needs her. (3.15)
35. Because she had to go on her tippy-toes to hug him. (3.15)
36. Because he grabbed her ass. "One small feel for man, one giant ass for man kind." (3.15)
37. Because she smiled when he grabbed her ass and thanked him. (3.15)
38. Because he tried to follow her to her bedroom. (3.15)
39. Because she owned his ass with her come-back: "Call the Make-A-Wish Foundation." (3.15)
40. Because she is naked under her robe and isn't even trying to hide that from him (3.15)
41. Because it's not irrelevant to him that his patient has been with her on a date (3.16)
42. Because she is always in his dreams. (3.16)
43. Because he did think about her in the shower (3.16)
44. Because he's been thinking about her (3.16)
45. Because even though House is lousy with faces, he couldn't forget the guy's face because he made out with Cuddy (3.16)
46. Because she loves the fact that House remembers (3.16)
47. Because he wants private room coverage (3.16)
48. Because she knows he stares at her ass when he thinks she's not looking (and she likes it!) (3.16)
49. Because she gives to him everything he wants (3.16)
50. Because one night he gave to her everything she wanted! (3.16)
51. Because he knows this ship hasn't sailed yet! (3.16)
52. Because "I'm going with you" "I'm good"(3.17)
53. Because she would trust him with her baby's life (3.17)
54. Because now she has a lot more respect for the things he does (3.17)
55. Because, no matter what, he would always choose her life (3.17)
56. Because she gave him tickets for his holidays (3.17)
57. Because she wants him to be happy, even if it means that he has to go away (3.17)
58. Because, clearly, he likes her smell (3.18)
59. Because he thinks she has firm breasts (3.18)
60. Because he fantasizes about Lifeguard!Cuddy and Madre Superior!Cuddy (3.18)
61. Because he saved her (3.18)
62. Because the only time he really cared was when he thought she was sick (3.18)
63. Because she owes him now (3.18)
64. Because they spent some time alone in Singapore (3.18)
65. Because he didn't want to travel alone, but he clearly wanted to travel with Cuddy (3.17 Fetal Position and 3.18)
66. Because he took care of her (3.18)
67. Because he wanted her to take the medications (3.18)
68. Because he was upset 'cause Wilson took her to a play (3.19)
69. Because he was mad at Wilson because he thought Wilson wanted to see her (3.19)
70. Because he needed to know if Wilson and Cuddy had sex (3.19)
71. Because every time Wilson said he wanted Cuddy House panicked (Seriously?) (3.19)
72. Because he wants to see her naked (AGAIN!) (3.19)
73. Because he didn't want Wilson to have sex with her (3.19)
74. Because he asked her out (3.19)
75. Because why can't it be October/October? (3.19)
76. Because relationships shouldn’t be so hard, so he got her tickets for a play (3.19)
77. Because she's an evil cunning woman and that's a massive turn on for him (3.23)
78. Because he can read her body language (3.23)
79. Because he thinks her legs look good in the security lights (3.24)

Cuddy: If you still did your morning run and showered at home you’d be later than usual.
House: Thought of you in the shower. (3.02)

House: After that look, I'm feeling a little frisky. Looks like you're up.
Cuddy: I'm ovulating. Let's go. (3.04)

House: You're hooking me up?
Cuddy: Unfortunately, if I cut you off, it'd give the cops evidence that you don't really need the pain meds.
House: I knew that cleavage was a smokescreen. You're a genius. (3.08)

Cuddy: Is that Vicodin?!
House: Breath mint. Thought you were gonna kiss me.
Cuddy: What happened to rehab?
House: I got out.
Cuddy: It was a scam?
House: Enough foreplay. Are you gonna kiss me or not? (3.12)

Cuddy: Do you like me, House? I was on the phone with Bennett 15 minutes ago. His cell phone’s working. You’re M.O is to avoid me at all costs. And suddenly you need my input on every move you make. I can only assume it’s because I’m on a date.
House: When we met, I noticed…
Cuddy: You noticed he was a Shriner because of the way he parted his hair. You noticed he was a momma’s boy because of the way he blinked his left eye. I’m not interested. I’m not impressed. There are only two reasons anyone would want to screw with me tonight. Either they’re an altruistic, decent person who’s worried about my well being. Or, they want me for them self.
House: You left out the third option. Evil bastard who just wants to mess with other people’s happiness. (3.14)

Cuddy: I'm always here. (3.16)

House: You gave me everything I asked for because one night I gave you everything you-
Cuddy: Stop staring at my ass when you think I’m not looking, showing up at restaurants where I happen to be on a date and fantasizing about me in the shower. That ship sailed long ago House. Get over me. (3.16)

Cuddy: What are you doing?
House: Well, you're trying to be me, so I thought I'd try to be you.
Cuddy: You don't have the cleavage for it. (3.17)

House: [He leans in and starts to smell Cuddy's hair, then her neck.]
Cuddy: You're creeping me out.
House: Then get me a lab. [He moves lower] Pseudomonas smell yeasty. Staph smells musty. Some liver diseases smell of ammonia.
Cuddy: House, I'm not in heat. (3.18)

House: Sorry. You're in the wrong room. My name on the door, my team, my decisions.
Cuddy: My building, my floor, my people! (3.24)

Last edited by Worlds Collide; 09-10-2012 at 10:32 AM
Old 05-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Season 4

At the beginning of season 4 we find House alone. His old team either quit or got fired and he wants to prove to Cuddy that he can do this by himself. But he needs people to bounce ideas of off. At first, Cuddy resists, saying she is done enabling him. But she relents when House shows up at the patient’s surgery. Even though House saves the patient’s life, Cuddy still forces him to hire a team. So, he does. House hires 40 fellowship applicants and starts an elimination process, not unlike Survivor.

When House takes on the case of a fighter pilot who wishes to remain anonymous, Cuddy admonishes him about running everything past her, showing him again who’s boss. But when the patient agrees to a breast enhancement surgery to cover up another surgery, House keeps Cuddy out of the loop. But Cuddy won’t allow the surgery, so House tells her that his explanation for the boob job won’t make sense to the Board or a judge, but it will make sense to her, so she will give him permission, meaning she would also be responsible. Cuddy decides to put her faith in him again and lets him continue.

House’s elimination rounds continue as a patient is brought in to the clinic with severe burns. As House is with him, the patient sticks a knife in a light socket and is electrocuted. After his electrocution, the patient tells House he got in a car crash and he died for 97 seconds. The reason he put the knife in the light socket is because he wanted to relive that moment again. House’s need-to-know attitude and self-destructive streak get the better of him and he electrocutes himself. House survives, but because he was not there for his teams, the patient dies. This infuriates Cuddy and she holds House responsible, showing no sympathy for his actions.

Foreman is back at PPTH and Cuddy puts Foreman on House’s team again, to be her eyes and ears, much to House’s dismay. The patient House is treating suffers from Giovannini Mirror Syndrome, where one innocently picks up the attributes and senses inner thoughts of others to cope with memory loss. Wilson informs House that Giovannini patients mimic whomever they think is in charge. At Foreman’s request House and Cuddy present themselves to the patient to see who is more dominant. The patient observes and mimics House and Cuddy and at first it’s unclear who is the alpha, but in the end House is the more dominant, because the patient exclaims “You have great yabos!” resulting in a happy dance from House.

A bored House announces a contest for the fellows. House declares that the contest objective is to retrieve a pair of Cuddy's underwear and bring it to the group. When one of the fellows brings House a pair of panties, House wants to make sure they are Cuddy’s. In the hallway, House drops his Vicodin bottle so that Cuddy will bend down. He is amazed when he sees no panty line. ‘Oh. My. God!!’ he says. Cuddy can’t help but blush.

When there are only a few fellows left to pick from, House has to make a final decision on who to keep and who to fire. But he is torn about it and asks Cuddy for her opinion. At first she is taken aback a bit, shocked that he wants her advice, but when he explains that she knows this stuff, she tells him her choices.

At Princeton Plainsboro Hospital, Cuddy is busy with a hospital inspector discussing the day's accreditation review. Cuddy briefs the staff about the onsite inspection. She asks the former fellows to be on “House watch” afraid he might mess things up. House brings in a patient from his favourite daytime soap opera against the patients will. Cuddy summons House, asking him to cure the patient without committing any more felonies. He agrees but he wants the flat screen TV from the doctor's lounge in return. They bicker, but Cuddy doesn’t budge. Cuddy walks in the morgue to meet the inspector there and finds House. He pressures her for the flat screen TV to avoid any trouble. He tells her to use a safe word when she wants out, the word being ‘sweet sauce’. As the inspector enters the morgue, House starts talking to him, but before long, Cuddy blurts out the safe word. Once again, House got his way and the TV is installed in his office. But the patient is getting worse and Cuddy’s job is on the line. When Cuddy tells House this, he seems stunned. So, he tells her to wait a few minutes and then call security, so he will be the one locked up, not her. When House finally diagnoses the patient, he calls Cuddy in the middle of the night. He tells her she should have been fired and they banter again, resulting in House asking her what’s she’s wearing, before they both wish each other a good night. A perfect example of their relationship.

The season ends with a bus crash, that leaves House with a severe concussion, a cracked skull and a gap in his memory. Under medical hypnoses, House tries to access his memory. He should rest, but is sure he saw a symptom in somebody and he needs to find that person that save its life. During on of his ‘memories’, Cuddy shows up, indicating that this might not be a memory, but a fantasy, to which House replies, “If this were a fantasy, you’d be wearing this.” And Cuddy is in a naughty schoolgirl outfit, starting to strip for him. But the fantasy is cut short, because apparently, House’s subconscious would rather be diagnosing than watching her. House collapses when he comes out of it and Cuddy sends him home with a nurse and a hospital security guard to look after him, because he needs to rest. But House escapes and goes to see the patient, after which Cuddy goes home with House and sleep on his couch to make sure ‘he doesn’t make a limp for the border.’ House convinces Cuddy he is okay and he gets back on a bus to see if his memory will finally tell him who he’s looking for. But to speed up his brain, he takes Alzheimer drugs, which eventually stop his heart. Cuddy gives him mouth-to-mouth and brings him back to life. She puts his head in her lap as House tells Wilson it was Amber with him on the bus.

House offers deep brain stimulation, in case there is still something they missed. At first Wilson declines, but he wants House to do it anyway. So, House risks his life to save Amber’s. During the procedure, he suffers a seizure, which widened his skull fracture and caused a brain bleed and slips into a coma. Cuddy is by his bedside all this time and she is there when he comes out of the coma, relief covering her face. But even after he is awake, she stays by his bedside, sleeping in a chair and holding his hand.

Season 4 shows us a very well established relationship between House and Cuddy. They bicker, they banter, he does something unethical and she scolds him for it, but when it comes down to it, they care about it each other.

01. Because she couldn't resist being an enabler. (4.01)
02. Because he wanted to test her. (4.05)
03. Because she played a prank on him. (4.05) 04. Because she called him 'Sweetsauce'. (4.14)
05. Because she was willing to risk her job. (4.14)
06. Because "What are you wearing?" "Goodnight, House." (4.14)
07. Because he wanted her to tuck him in. (4.15)
08. Because she brought him to life. (4.15)
09. Because she stayed over. (4.15)
10. Because he puked on her shoes. (4.15)
11. Because she's always there. (4.16)
12. Because she was crying by his bedside. (4.16)
13. Because "I'm here." (4.16)
14. Because she held his hand. (4.16)
15. Because she slept in the chair next to his hospital bed. (4.16)

House: I did it all by myself, mommy.
Cuddy: How'd you know it was me?
House: There's a scent given off by wounded, feral cats. (4.01)

Cuddy: Why are you here?
House: My offices are being used by my teams.
House reaches over and fiddles with the paperclip bowl on Cuddy's desk.
Cuddy: Teams?
House: Which means this is the only place you can yell at me.
Cuddy: You have team-s?
House: Two of them. I wanted to deal with the yelling today because I noticed what you were wearing and I wouldn't have to listen all that closely. (4.03)

Cuddy: You could maim him.
House: I could cure him.
Cuddy: I'm not letting you do it.
House: You going to fire me?
Cuddy: No. (4.05)

House: I know how to kill a man with my thumb.
Cuddy: Who doesn't? (4.06)

Cuddy: You think I like the cameras? You think I want the whole world watching you check out my ass and question my wardrobe?
House: Would it be better if I checked out your wardrobe and questioned your ass?
Cuddy: A little part of me...
House: (interrupting her) There is no little part of you. (4.07)

House: [Eyes boggle.] Oh. My. God. You're not wearing underwear.
Cuddy: Of course I'm...
House: Skirt that tight, you've got no secrets. Skirt that tight, I can tell if you've got an IUD. You seen Dr. Cole?
Cuddy: No.
House: You're blushing.(4.08)

Cuddy: You owe me 50 bucks.
House: Then you owe me half a lap dance. (4.10)

House: You act like employees should fear and respect you, but your eyes tell us- actually your eyes tell us nothing because we're looking at your boobs. Which tells us that you're desperate to have someone jump on you and tell you that they love you one, grunted syllable at a time. What you want you run away from; what you need you haven't a clue; what you've accomplished makes you proud. But you're still miserable. Please sign. (4.13)

House: The other nurse always used to tuck me in.
Cuddy: I’ll be on the couch. With a shotgun in my lap.
House: Worrying about me?
Cuddy: Making sure you don’t try and make a limp for the border. Get some sleep. (4.15)

Season 5

After Amber’s death, Wilson leaves House and the hospital, and Cuddy is the one meddling to try to make them talk to each other again, and trying to make House admit that he does feel guilty about what happened to her and apologize to Wilson – unsuccessfully, of course, as he would rather slam the door at her than admit his mistakes at this point. Because Wilson was away, House needed a way to find out what he was doing, sort of spy on him. For that purpose, he hires private investigator Lucas Douglas, and while he’s there, House tries to use him to get information of Cuddy, providing information about his own past. A game she quickly picks up on, though, which therefore leads nowhere.

“You wanted her to see you in a different light. Not only didn’t she see it, she didn’t even believe it was possible.”

As we had seen in previous seasons, House and Cuddy had always been a part of each other’s lives, in everything, even the most personal matters, they know each other and they get each other like no one else can do. Which explains the stunned – hurt – look on House’s face once he finds out about a huge step Cuddy is taking in her life – she’s going to adopt a baby. She’s going to become a mother. This shouldn’t come as a total surprise to him, he knew she wanted to be a mother, HE was the one helping her with the IVF process years ago, and he was the only one who knew about it, the one she trusted with it. That was a part of her life she had only let him know about it, and now suddenly she had decided to do it all on her own, without his help or advice whatsoever. He doesn’t say anything, but the look on his face says it all. He’s not taking the news well.

“If you’re happy, I’m…”

But House won’t accept being left out. He doesn’t really need people to ask for his advice anyway, right? So even though Cuddy’s decided to do this all by herself, he won’t let that happen, not at least before showing her how wrong this decision is and how unfit and unprepared she is to be a mother. Even though Cuddy acts annoyed at his mostly childish behavior regarding this, she still trusts his medical opinion, which is why she goes to him once the mother of the baby she intends to adopt has to decide whether to deliver the baby at that moment, which would risk the baby’s life, or later which could risk her own life. Eventually, the baby is fine, but the mother decides not to give her up anymore, which crushes Cuddy in the most painful way. House was there ever since she started trying to have a baby. This time even though she didn’t ask him to, even when she didn’t want him to, he was there, again, constantly. And even when it didn’t work out, there he was again. At her door. Not to gloat, not to say he told her so. But to actually encourage her not to give up, to reassure her that there would be plenty of other chances. And to let her know that she would indeed make a great mother. Unexpectedly, Cuddy is really mad at this last comment. It’s the complete opposite of what he’d been telling her all day, and what he had told her years ago. Why does he do this? Why does he say what he doesn’t mean?

“Why do you need to negate everything??”
“I don’t know.”

And no words are needed anymore. No words can fit the moment that comes after this exchange. Nothing they could say could express everything that was in the kiss they shared, in the way his hand on her back pulled her as close to him as possible, the way she ran her hands over his face, they way they breathed each other in and lingered, taking the moment in before it was over. But then it was, and when reality kicked in again, so did denial, the reluctance of admitting to each other, and even to themselves what that really meant. So they spent the whole day after coming up with as much excuses as possible for why it didn’t mean anything, why taking it any further would never work, “I was emotional”, “Mature people who work together shouldn’t date”, “We’d start off exciting (…) then his inability to open up is just frustrating”, “Everyone will be happy if House and I aren’t dating”, “I’m better off alone”. But for the most part they just didn’t know what to say or do around each other anymore, how much of their feelings they could reveal, how much they could open up without risking being hurt. In Wilson’s words:

“You’re afraid she actually is right for you. You’re afraid to take a chance because it’s too big a chance. If it doesn’t work with her, then maybe there’s no one out there.”

For a moment, House really is willing to take the chance, and it’s clear how much he wants it when he leaves his house in a hurry at the end of the day, even leaving his cane behind, to go to her. He doesn’t think of the pain, he doesn’t think it will be harder and more painful to go like that, he just wants to get to her as fast as he can, he just wants to go and see her. He can’t do it, though. When he sees her, he can’t do it. He keeps staring at her, as if she’s in her own world there and he feels like doesn’t belong in it. And it hurts, as does his leg on his way back. It hurts both of them at different moments. It hurts him when he still can only stare at her from a distance still not knowing what to do to get to her, it hurts her when he acts his old jerk self when she opens up to him, it hurts her when she sees him with someone else and assumes the worst. And it hurts him, when she finally gets what she’s wanted for so long – a baby, Rachel. The moment Cuddy gets Rachel is probably the most significant turning point in their relationship this season, because, in a way, that’s when House really feels like he’s losing Cuddy for the first time, like he’s really an outsider in her life now. Yet, he steps away, letting her bask in the happiness of just becoming a mother. It’s really beautiful that, while he’s hurting and feeling lonelier than ever, he still respects how much that moment means to her enough not to attempt to ruin it.

Not for long, though. Soon enough he starts nagging her again, about how she isn’t doing her job right, how she in reality doesn’t want Rachel and should give her back. And what’s amazing is that, even though he says things in a harsh way, it still is exactly what she needs to hear to be sure of her decision of keeping Rachel. In fact, even though he felt like he was being left out, he really wasn’t. She still valued his opinion just as much, so much that she went to him right after deciding to keep Rachel to let him know it, a picture perfect family moment for the show standards. And she even tries to get him involved a little bit more….or not…..it’s hard to tell at this point whether she wants him there or not and whether he wants to be there or not, cause they keep playing the most convoluted mind games, saying one thing, meaning another, taking it back afterwards, it’s hard even for the audience to understand sometimes. And it gets very sad at times, too, when it’s clear what they both want, but it’s also clear that none of them want to give in, it’s like a battle that neither of them wants to lose, and it’s heartbreaking to watch how they hurt each other for being so stubborn. After spending days inviting/not inviting House to Rachel’s baby naming ceremony, Cuddy finally decides that she does want him to be there. However, when she tries to tell him that, he just tells her to have fun and leaves, leaving us with the image of each of them going a different way, which clearly shows how they were still in different places right now, still not ready to go in the same direction together. And what comes afterwards is one of the most beautiful and bittersweet moments of their journey, which is House at his place, alone, drinking, and playing a song (which we know is named after her) on his piano, while Cuddy is at her place, surrounded by guests, yet missing the one guest that she wanted to be there the most.

The season is not filled only with angst, though. We come to find out (not that we didn’t already suspect it) that House can actually be very romantic in his own unconventional way. In his own way, he’s always letting her know how he feels about her – be it sending her an old med school desk from her college days, or complimenting her through a pathologically honest patient. And she makes her feelings clear in her own way too, be it giving him one case after another when she knows he needs to take his mind off the loss of one of his employees, or unintentionally acting jealous.

Everybody knows Cuddy never intended to change House, she knows who he is. And because she knows who he is, she also knows that he wasn’t always a miserable jerk, incapable of being happy. She knew him before that. And she’s (along with Wilson) the only person who’s been with him through all the pain, she knows his drug addiction, she knows how it all works. Which is why when he starts acting differently, happy for no reason, she knows something is wrong. And it’s true, there really is something wrong, and it’s that he’s using stronger drugs than the usual Vicodin, something that can kill him at any moment. At that point, he obviously didn’t want to accept any help, not even when she agrees to give him this new drug in a controlled schedule supervised by her. Because he’s afraid to live without pain, he’s afraid of being happy, he’s afraid of even taking a chance at that. “Why do you care if I’m happy?” Cuddy doesn’t answer, but we all know why he needs to know, and why she can’t say it. It’s the I’ll-say-it-if-you-say-it-first kind of situation, none of them want to say what they’re feeling and not hear it back and be heartbroken all over again. The truth is he does want her help; he does need her more than anyone else. But the emotional rollercoaster has been going on for so long that Cuddy has had enough. At the end of the season, after finally gathering the courage to go and ask her for help, he’s such a jerk to her once again that she tells him screw you and leaves. It’s the last straw for her; it’s what shows her that it’d never be possible for them to be together.

House, on the other hand, comes to the opposite realization in his head. In his mind, Cuddy takes him home and takes care of him exactly the way he needs him, the way no one else could, she stands by his side, takes his hand and is there for him the whole time. In his mind he’s capable of saying what he really wants to say (“I always wanna kiss you”) and she responds to it by kissing him in the sweetest way possible. They make love. Everything happens. He’s happy. Only to find out, along with the audience, that none of that actually happen – that she never was there, he never confessed his feelings, nothing happened between them, and his addiction was still there, stronger than ever, making him think that all that was actually real. Not only was it brilliant story telling, it was the saddest moment not only for them as a couple, but for House himself, still completely alone, when he thought he finally was with whom he wanted to be. He wasn’t really alone, though, she was still there with him, when he found out what was happening to him, when he admitted he was not ok. And she was still with him when he went away to finally get the help he needed, even though they weren’t together in the same place, they were still with each other, in their minds and hearts, as can be seen in one of the final shots, when they close their eyes at the time, still connected somehow.

01. Because she cared enough to shut off his cable. (5.01)
02. Because he didn’t want the PI guy to go for it. (5.03)
03. Because we all know who is gonna get there first. (5.03)
04. Because he wanted her to see him in a different light. (5.03)
05. Because she cared enough to drug him. (5.04)
06. Because he was surprised to hear that she was adopting (5.05)
07. Because "If you're happy, I'm..." (5.05)
08. Because HE went to HER. (5.06)
09. Because HE kissed HER. (5.06)
10. Because their kiss was the most amazing thing we've ever seen. (5.06)
11. Because "Goodnight".... "Goodnight." (5.06)
12. Because he isn't being rational. (5.07)
13. Because it's not Wilson's place he really wants to be walking into. (5.07)
14. Because there is no mosquito, it's all about Cuddy. (5.07)
15. Because she's a bit nuts, beautiful, smart and funny, and most important, she can stand him. (5.07)
16. Because maybe novelty and hostility and forbiddenness doesn't have to end bad. (5.07)
17. Because House is in love with a girl, the finest girl in the world. (5.07)
18. Because if it doesn't work with her, then maybe there's no one out there. (5.07)
19. Because she handled it differently because he was in there. (5.09)
20. Because "I hope your boyfriend knows what he's doing." (5.09)
21. Because she wanted to share an office with him. (5.10)
22. Because he was keeping her there. (5.10)
23. Because they're screwing with each other. (5.10)
24. Because he found her desk from Med School. (5.10)
25. Because she took his 'Ah-ha' moment. (5.11)
26. Because "Merry Christmas, Cuddy." (5.11)
27. Because he did a DDX in a nursery. (5.12)
28. Because he was stroking her desk. (5.12)
29. Because he wanted her to do her job. (5.12)
30. Because Cuddy is the only one House listens to. (5.13)
31. Because he held her daughter like his own. (5.13)
32. Because Cuddy was glowing when House was holding her daughter. (5.13 Big Baby)
33. Because she cleaned him up. (5.13)
34. Because his puke isn't AS cute. (5.13)
35. Because he knew she was afraid of having made a mistake and was completely honest to her about it. (5.13)
36. Because his opinion matters to her. (5.13)
37. Because he's not annoyed by Rachel's crying. (5.13)
38. Because he told her to put the phone down and pick up the baby. (5.13 Big Baby)
39. Because he bonded with Rachel. (5.13)
40. Because he was not trying to annoy her. (5.13)
41. Because he was explaining her. (5.13)
42. Because of the way he looks at her when she talks about her connection to Rachel. (5.13)
43. Because he played a serenade for her. (5.15)
44. Because she marked her territory. (5.21)

House: I've spent half my life negotiating with that woman. (5.03)

Cuddy: Sorry about your father.
House: I'm not. Are we done emoting now?
Cuddy: If there's anything I can do, just —
House: You know, you're right. I don't think I can sleep alone tonight. (5.04)

House: Where are you meeting her?
Cuddy: A little place called 'Follow Me And Your Urologist Will Be Buying Himself A New Yacht'. (5.06)

House: You're quitting? Just like you quit IVF?
Cuddy: Yeah, just like that.
House: There, you just did it again. That's too bad. You would have made a great mother.
Cuddy: You son of a bitch. When I was getting a baby you told me I'd suck as a mother. Now that I've lost it, you tell me I'd be great as a mother! Why do you need to negate everything?
House: I don't know. [They kiss] (5.06)

Cuddy: I know this is awkward, but we need to talk.
House: There's a reason that we've evolved a feeling of awkwardness. It tells us not to talk about things.
Cuddy: I was emotional because of the adoption falling through. And you actually let your human side show for a moment. That is why we kissed. I just want to say thank you for not… taking advantage.
House: You're welcome. Any time you want to stop kissing, I'm there for you. (5.07)

House: If you're suggesting that you screwed up because of a non-relationship with me, I don't know how I can help you. 'Cause the only change you can make from a non-relationship is…
Cuddy: You want a relationship?
House: God, no. Just trying to follow your logic. (5.09)

Cuddy: Hey. Yeah, I just had to explain to him that I had his balls and he's not getting them back. (5.10)

House: You're not stopping me for medical reasons. You're stopping me… because you have the hots for me.
Cuddy: You're still here because you have the hots for me. (5.10)

Cuddy: Everybody knows this is going somewhere. I think we're supposed to kiss now.
House: We already did that. [He puts his hand on her breast.] It seemed like the logical next step.
Cuddy: Really? I'm an idiot for being surprised. (5.10)

Cuddy: Take the garbage out on your way out.
House: If you want a man to take your crap, you have to marry him first.
Cuddy: Or employ him. (5.12)

Cuddy: When I was being a jerk, you suddenly act human. But when I act human, you turn back into a jerk.
House: Guess our cycles aren't matched up yet.
Cuddy: This is your way of saying you accept my apology, isn't it? (5.14)

Cuddy: What the hell is going on?
House: I think my penis stopped breathing. Do you know CPR? (5.16)

Cuddy: Yes. I'm offering you your job back. (She sits down).
House: I want a raise.
Cuddy: No.
House: And a bigger office... but in the same spot.
Cuddy: No. We both know this is where you belong. (5.16)

Cuddy: […] Are you okay? [She touches the bruise on House’s cheek.]

House: Fresh infusion of macho. You like?
Cuddy: What were you doing up there, anyway?
House: Antiquing. I found you a late Victorian corset. Come by later, I'll tie you up. (5.19)

House: Did you let me hire a pervert?
Cuddy: Well, it would be hypocritical of me not to. (5.20)

Cuddy: What’s going on with Cameron?
House: She doesn’t want back on my team and she doesn’t want to jump me.
Cuddy: Okay. [She starts to leave.]
House: Wha, wha, wha, what? You ask a question. I rule out two possibilities and you’re satisfied? That means you don’t want an answer. You just wanted to know there wasn’t a particular answer. Either you were worried that she wanted back on my team, or you were worried that she wanted back on me. (5.21)

Cuddy: You want to kiss me, don't you?
House: I always want to kiss you. (5.23)

Cuddy: I’m your boss. You’re an employee.
House: Well, I’m not normally into role-playing, but if you wanna…
Cuddy: People who get close to you get hurt. That’s a fact. You’re also a valued doctor in this hospital. That’s another fact. From now on, we’re gonna focus on the second fact. (5.24)

Season 6

Season 6 starts with House admitting that he wants to be happy. And seriously trying to change, trying to overcome his drug addiction, by finding things that could distract him from his pain (cooking, diagnosing) and most importantly, being…nicer. Of course he failed to do the latter many times, but he really tried, especially with Cuddy. It’s clear how he’s completely aware of his feelings for her now, and how he wants to act on those feelings, and let her know it, now in not so subtle ways as before.

Their first scene on season 6 already shows some change, when she knocks on his door to talk to him, clearly feeling somehow responsible for his breakdown. In other times, he could have blamed it on her, he could’ve used it to make her feel guilty, and he could’ve even mocked her for being narcissistic to think she was the reason for him not going back to work. But he didn’t do any of that. Instead he reassured her that she wasn’t the reason he was leaving.

He couldn’t be gone forever, of course, because he realized doing his job actually did him good. But to be back, he needed to get his license again, by completing some required round hours, which he obviously doesn’t want to do. Which is really fun, because that’s how we get to see that the old House is still there, while he’s trying to change how he deals with himself and the people around him, his personality is still the same. He doesn’t do things the way he’s supposed to, he disrupts the students’ rounds, he shows up one day and decides to quit the next, he does what he’s always done, skip work. Until she realizes going by the book with him is pointless since he wasn’t gonna learn anything, so she just certifies that his hours have been completed even if they really haven’t. House had really been enjoying having their usual banter back – the sexual tension, as he calls it, even though she says there isn’t any, only to be surprised by him getting up real close to her, just inches apart – “You do make me feel funny.” The look on her face after he leaves makes it quite evident that he does the same to her.

It was always the wish of all Huddy shippers to find out more about how these two had met. We know it had been in Michigan, but we never knew exactly how. No more wondering anymore after season 6! When House finds out that Cuddy is going to a medical conference, he arranges to go with her, and when Wilson tells him there’s an 80’s party she’ll be going to, he just has to be there. It’s the perfect opportunity to try and get close to her outside work. Which leads us to one of the most anticipated and celebrated Huddy moment – seeing them slow dance to a song that could fit them better, Cyndi Lauper’s Time After Time:

If you’re lost, you can look, and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall, I will catch you, I’ll be waiting
Time after time

House chooses this moment to reminisce the first time they danced together – med school, when they met. “No”, she says, to which he continues “I saw you, endocrinology, tracked you down”, and she stops him. It’s not that she doesn’t remember, it’s just that that wasn’t the first time they’d met. They met before that, at a bookstore. She handed her syllabus to the guy behind the counter, a guy who barely looks at her and can already tell she’s overly ambitious, has a chip on her shoulder, and knows how to party – reading her better than anyone else from the beginning. And so they go on, remembering how one thing led to another…and then didn’t. “I was gonna call you (…) figure out where things would go from there.” Cuddy is surprisingly taken aback by this confession, that he wanted to make it work with her even then, and leaves him on the dance floor not knowing what he did wrong.

It turns out that he really didn’t do anything wrong. Cuddy just can’t believe that he can be the kind of guy who’ll always be there for her. She’s a mother now, she wants stability – or so she thinks – and she thinks she’s already found that in someone else. Something that House doesn’t really take well, but tries to be ok with for the most part. He doesn’t hate Lucas, and he doesn’t resent Cuddy for moving on. But he also doesn’t give up on her; he continues to demonstrate how he feels about her and how he still wants to be with her no matter what. This is all very hard on Cuddy too. It’s hard for her to trust that he truly changed, that this isn’t just another game to him. Because at first that’s what he tries to turn it into, he does try to get in the way in the hopes that Cuddy and Lucas would break up. But when she’s smarter than him and plays with him too, he realizes that attitude isn’t working and won’t take them anywhere, because, in Cuddy’s words “It’s not fun anymore”. It hurts her not being able to believe his change, and we can see how much she wants to believe when Lucas says maybe House isn’t that bad, leaving her alone with her baby afterwards – “That would be nice wouldn’t it?” she asks Rachel.

Even though they’re still apart, Cuddy’s trust in House’s opinion when it comes to work and important decisions is still there. On a very difficult day, when she is almost losing her job, he is the one to encourage her, and to remind her why she does her job and why she won’t give up. Contrary to all of his jokes about her competence, he does admire and respect her, and is proud of her when she succeeds in the end, as can be told by how adoringly he looks and smiles at her announcing the good news to the staff. What goes on from this episode on is a series of much lighter and cuter interactions, where House shows that he can be nice to her without having a secret agenda, just doing things that he knows she will like – giving her a coffee machine, for example (cause he’s not for conventional gifts, as we know).

The hopes that this would be the season something would finally happen rose in the final episodes. To our surprise, Cuddy tries to ask House out, which he thinks she’s doing under Wilson’s influence. She looks a little bit sad that he’d think it, and says that no, that’s just her inviting him, which he still declines – “I just want us to be friends,” she says. “Funny, that’s the last thing I want us to be.” – he replies , and if she ever had any doubts of how he felt about her and whether he really meant it, there weren’t any after this moment. Despite this blunt declaration, which for House standards it’s the same as clearly stating “I want to be with you/I love you” Cuddy is still in a relationship with Lucas, and a pretty serious one, as it seems. And she’s planning on moving in together with him, which is crushing House, no matter how ok he wants to pretend he is with it. In one of his therapy sessions, his therapist, Dr. Nolan, after going around circles thinking he had a problem with Wilson’s new relationship, finally figures out that it’s all about Cuddy, that what’s been eating him is that he’s losing someone he LOVES. At the mention of the L word, House obviously doesn’t wanna hear it anymore, and accuses Nolan of being a faith healer, taking advantage of people who want to believe they can get better, because after a year of doing everything right, he’s still miserable while everyone else around him is happy.

Once House accepts that there’ll be no way but to accept Cuddy and Lucas are indeed moving in together, he decides that the mature thing to do would be giving them a housewarming gift. A book, written by her great grandfather, that he’s had for a long time and was to give it to her on a special occasion. Cuddy doesn’t really know how to respond to that, and leaves House confused, wondering if there’s any trouble going on. There isn’t…except that they’re not just moving in together, they’re actually getting engaged. While he’s been trying to pretend he is ok with the relationship, and being supportive of it somehow, the engagement he just can’t take. Which leads to a big and much needed fight. The patient is facing a situation very similar to what House’s been through in the past – to amputate a leg or not. Cuddy is in favour of amputating, while House doesn’t want to. Just like he didn’t want to amputate his own. He held on to that as if his life depended on having that leg, even if it would kill him with pain forever. And he’s doing the same to the patient, encouraging her not to amputate, this time as if this is the only thing that can be the way he wants, like at least this will be his decision, unlike everything else that’s been going on in his life. Cuddy won’t let him do this, though. As hurtful as it is, she tells him exactly what he’d needed to hear – he saved his leg, but what else does he have in his life now that everyone’s moving on?

And what follows is not only a heartbreaking confession from House, but also what finally shows Cuddy how much he has indeed changed. In front of Cuddy, he tells Hannah what happened to him, how he insisted on saving his leg and now he wishes he hadn’t – “I’m in pain, every day. It changed me. Made me a harder person…a worse person. And now…now I’m alone. You don’t wanna be like me. You have a husband who loves you, you have friends, you can start a family. You have a life. And this...is just a leg.” There aren’t even words to describe how much this moment means, not only to Huddy, but to the character of House, to the course of the show. He’s finally come to a point where he’s taking responsibility for what his life has become. If he’s in pain, it’s nobody’s fault, it’s his own, and he chose it. And not only does he see that now, he sees what it’s done to him in every way, how much he has lost. Cuddy only watches it, with a single tear streaming down her face, without a word. She sees it now; she sees what she needed to see for so long, the most vulnerable side of him, the man who isn’t afraid to expose his deepest scars, who doesn’t hide behind snarky comments anymore. She sees his true self, the man she truly loves and wants to be with.

House doesn’t know this yet, though. After losing Hannah on the way to the hospital, once again failing after doing everything right, he doesn’t see the point in not drugging himself. He’s lost everything anyway. Except that NO he has NOT lost everything! Just as he’s about to take the Vicodin and throwing all his efforts to come clean, someone shows up. “You’re gonna leap across the room and grab them out of my hand?” Cuddy says no, she won’t. She’s not there to make this decision for him – “It’s your choice if you wanna go back on drugs”. He explains he can’t see much reason not to, and wonders why else would she be there, if not to yell at him. And the reason is that she’s tired of running from him and how she feels. She finally ended it with Lucas, because she’s tired of trying to move on when all she can think about is him.

“I just need to know, if you and I can work.”
“You think I can fix myself?”
“I don’t know.”
“Cause I’m the most screwed up person in the world.”
“I know. I love you. I wish I didn’t. But I can’t help it.”

And that’s what he needs to hear, what he can’t even believe he’s hearing, and he just has to show her he feels the same way, he has to get up (for which he asks for her help, even if silently, another new thing) and be with her and kiss her with all the love he has in him – it’s the sweetest, most gentle kiss they ever shared, like he just wants to softly caress her lips with his, taking it as slow as possible, for as long as this moment can last.

“How do I know I’m not hallucinating?” he asks, voicing the fear of all of us fans.
“Did you take the Vicodin?”
“No.”
“Then I think we’re ok.”
“Yeah.”

And they’re glowing. They’re smiling, they’re happy, they’re relieved, they’re together. They’re where they’ve always wanted to be, in each other’s arms, clasped hands, and the promise of finally, for once, taking a chance at happiness. And this time for real.

[coming soon]

[coming soon]

Hugh and Lisa Quotes:
Lisa Edelstein: "I think Cuddy really loves House, and I don't think she loves him in a way that limits how she has to love him, as a friend or as a lover or as a person who works for her. There's a great deal of appreciation there and respect. He's horrible to deal with, but he's worth it. He's worth every second."
Hugh Laurie: "It's a twisty thing, and there was something about the sudden, the loneliness of these two characters, it's very poignant really to see people who, almost without realizing it themselves, need each other. In fact, they most definitely don't realize it themselves because that moment came upon them so suddenly that neither of, both very intelligent people, sensitive people in their different ways -- neither of them saw it coming. It took them by surprise. I found that very poignant."
Lisa Edelstein: "They enjoy being sandpaper for each other."
Hugh Laurie: "The two of them have known each other, liked each other for a long period of time, MORE than liked, let's be honest."
Lisa Edelstein: Huddy is something "Stay with me. Give Huddy time."
Hugh Laurie: "Right from the start they've had this *crackle* between them."
Lisa Edelstein: "I think it's been more of a reveal [of feelings] than a change. I think [House and Cuddy] came together in that moment when they kissed... I loved that they found each other in pain. I pondered how these two people could come together... Through pain seemed absolutely perfect."
Hugh Laurie: "I think there was always something flirtatious in their bickering. There’s certainly an affection, which maybe neither of them own up to. "
Lisa Edelstein: "I don't think it's a passing thing. It's been going on for a long time, whether or not they've acted out on it. I don't necessarily think it'll ever be a satisfying relationship in terms of both of them kind of settling in and saying, 'This is what we're doing.' She has a complicated relationship with men, it seems. She likes the screwed-up ones."
Hugh Laurie: "He adores Cuddy, although he wouldn't admit it in front of her (laughs), but it's something undeniable."
Lisa Edelstein: "Of course they share more than an attraction: I think they share a deep love, but with an inability to let go. I'd like to see their relationship grow."

TPTB Quotes:
David Shore: "House and Cuddy, there seems to be a sexuality to them no matter what I write."
Katie Jacobs: "There’s always been a tension there, and we have slightly more fun in dealing with that. ”
David Shore: "We can't turn back from that.
It's fairly clear what his subconsciousness wants."
Katie Jacobs: "It's funny, because I think you're right to say 'unorthodox,' and at the same time I think it's probably more real than any other love relationship on TV, in that relationships are complicated."
David Shore: "She knows him and she enjoys him. And he enjoys her."
David Shore: "I think she gets him. She’s not just an administrator who just says no to him. She does that, but she’s also able to recognize his value and understand the way he operates and gives as good as she gets. That’s sort of a litmus test for him."
David Shore: "If House is capable of any relationship with anyone, it’s Cuddy."
David Shore: "Huddy is something we've been nurturing and trying to explore from day one."

What other characters say about them:
Wilson: "Do you have a thing for her? The only people who can get to you-" (...) "Do me a favor. Take one of these, wait five minutes for it to kick in, and find Cuddy, and kiss her ass." [Occam's Razor]
Foreman: "So how did you know about her key? You been doing a little handyman work for Cuddy yourself?" [Humpty Dumpty]
Chase: "You two are just too nasty to each other not to have been…nasty." [Humpty Dumpty]
Stacy: "You know her." (...) "I’m just saying take it easy on her. You owe her that." [Humpty Dumpty]
Cameron: "Maybe between your incredibly witty remarks about anal sex and Cuddy's breasts ,you could've tipped me off." [Sleeping Dogs Lie]
Vogler: "Are you sleeping with House?" (...) "But you did, right? A long time ago?" (...) "If your judgment is compromised by prior or current relationship, that is my business." [Control]
Wilson: (to House) "Why are YOU so worried about Cuddy?" [Forever]
Don: "I don't know whether it's House, your job, or you just thrive on conflict, but you should hear yourself when you're talking to him... Nothing else in the world is going on, you're focused, confident, compelling." [Insensitive]
Wilson: "You're threatened by Foreman and feel the need to impress Cuddy." [Mirror, Mirror]
Foreman: "What does you having sex with Cuddy have to do with-..." [Mirror Mirror]
Mirror-Syndrome-Patient: "It's all about Cuddy. Gotta be the alpha-male." [Mirror Mirror]
Wilson: "No, you're not afraid of authority, you're afraid she actually is right for you. You're afraid to take a chance, because it's too big a chance. If it doesn't work with her, then maybe there's no one out there." [The Itch]
Wilson: "Maybe novelty and hostility and forbiddenness doesn't have to end bad." [The Itch]
Cameron: "You want him there tonight. You should tell him." [Unfaithful]

[1] house_cuddy community on Livejournal
[2] The Huddy Realm Fanfiction
[3] Huddy Online

[1] Huddy YouTube Group
[2] KISS - I was made for lovin' you
[3] Angie Aparo - Hush
[4] SheDaisy - I Will... But
[5] A Fine Frenzy - Almost Lover
[6] Krezip - I apologize
[7] The Bloodhound Gang - The bad touch
[8] The Wallflowers- Closer 2 U
[9] Howie Day - Collide
[10] Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
[11] INXS - Afterglow
[12] Annie Lennox - Dark Road
[13] James Morrison - Nothing Ever Hurt Like You

Last edited by Worlds Collide; 09-10-2012 at 10:32 AM
Old 05-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

New thread, do continue.

ETA: There's a rumour going around Twitter that they had more talks with Lisa after the series wrap party. They even had a final scene written for her alongside Hugh in the very last episode. But when they still couldn't resolve things, the scene was then rewritten and redone to fit Cameron/Jen instead. I wish i hadn't read that, it makes me feel worse. It was there, it was written. We could have had something. Closure. So close...

Last edited by tender looks; 05-19-2012 at 06:09 PM
Old 05-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Loyal Fan

I can't wrap my head around the idea of there being no Cuddy in the finale I really wanted one last, new scene between them, to see the HL/LE chemistry again, and yes, some closure to the Huddy story. I can't watch the finale knowing that won't happen.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tell me about it, I know the feeling.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Finale tonight and like you guys, can't believe Cuddy won't be there Still I'm gonna focus my attentions on Hilson as that has been the saving grace of S8.

We are all stories in the end
Old 05-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi guys! I thought it only appropriate to come back for a visit on my (and of course Lisa's) birthday and also, ironically, the Series Finale of House. I cannot believe we are at this point. So crazy. I recognize some names so to my old crew, I missed you guys! It's been a long time. How has everyone been doing? I finally received my MD last year! Hooray! Right now, though, I am currently laying on my couch drugged up with ice packs on my face. I had my wisdom teeth removed on Thursday. Ok, I may be a doctor and I may know and understand what the whole teeth extraction process but let me tell you....this hurts! Haha.

Dr. Ashley
Huddy Queen of Medicine
*Huddy* Do you catch your breath when I look at you? Are you holding back like the way I do? Cause I'm tryin, tryin to walk away but I know this crush ain't going away.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!

I dont know if I can watch the finale without Cuddy there
Old 05-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Ashley, lovely to see you again. Happy birthday, and congrats on being a proper doctor now. I hope your wisdom tooht pain goes away asap, I imagine it hurts like a bitch.

So this is it tonight guys. Series finale and Cuddy's not there, I never thought I'd type those words. It's been one hell of a ride and overall this show has given me more joy than sadness. I'll have some memories I'll treasure forever and I've made some lifelong friends. But yet it's also very bitter sweet due to everything that has happened, I truly don't know how or what to feel right now.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Addicted Fan

I too am not sure what to really think but for me, I said that I would watch the show until the end and here I am at the end. Can't not watch.

Truly gutted Cuddy won't be in the finale and I never imagined that it would be a possibility. Still we have a lot of good memories and nothing can ever change that

We are all stories in the end
Old 05-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Loyal Fan

House & Cuddy segment in the retrospective, sniffle...
Old 05-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Just watched the finale and so many FEELS

It was very well done; a bit slow to start, too much of the ghosts of Christmas Past. But then it struck home and I think it was one of the best TV finales ever made.

That said... wow, I even got a little mad at LE for not being there (knowing it wasn't her fault); definitely got mad at Cuddy (again, knowing...). That left a ROTTEN taste in my mouth, not against House, but against Cuddy. Everybody showed but her, although she was mentioned between Stacey and Dominika very briefly. Smh.

I guess it would have been worse if Cuddy had shown up, but wasn't let in on the secret? It was meant to be a H/W finale? (With Foreman in on it LOL) But as it stands, it's like she ignored it or she still held a grudge or he didn't mean so much to her after all. I can't fanwank that except to guess she died and couldn't come and nobody knew?

Anyway, great finale, but really missed Cuddy. They should have put up a cardboard Cuddy in the background for just a split second 'appearance' or something.

(Oh, and can we just talk about how OW's character had two seconds of screentime after being billed like she would be IN the show )

Her mom killed his wife. He needs another.

Walder / Sansa
Old 05-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Supreme Fan

I found it interesting that he felt that he couldn't have "that" (children, happy domestic life) with Cuddy gone. Like she took that part of him with her, so all that he wanted to do was spend time with Wilson.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 05-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok, I haven't watched not even one minute of season 8, won't watch it, can't watch it, and obviously won't watch this finale because by the sounds of it it's absolutely nothing I'd want to see, I just want to say that I don't get why people were surprised that Cuddy didn't show up at his funeral. REALLY?? A guy crashes his car into your house in a response to you not getting back with him, would you really be willing to go to his funeral, like, WHAT for?? I don't even care why LE didn't want to come back, we don't know what happened, we'll never know, she'll never say, they'll never say, and it is what it is. I truly loved this couple with all my heart for a very long time, I dedicated my time to writing about it, to participating in this forum, to making their beautiful OP, and it hurts me that I hate this show now with the same passion that I loved it in the past, and it hurts even more that when I look back and look really close, I see that the relationship I shipped so hard turned out to be so unhealthy and such the opposite of anything I'd ever want for myself And the only reason I brought my negative bitchy self back here to annoy you guys is because my own board doesn't deserve a rant that belongs on the board of the show that is causing the rant in the first place, so, I guess this is REALLY it now, BYE SHOW
Old 05-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm choosing to remember the Huddy moments I enjoyed ... and not what the show eventually became. They had great chemistry together, and I'm still thrilled that they did get together, even though the end isn't what I would've wanted.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)