Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

The Ones {House♥Stacy} #1 The Love that Dare Not Speak Its Name.

The Ones Thread

House♥Stacy

Stacy: You fixed him.
House: De nada.
Stacy: Thank you. You were right.
House: He's gonna be fine.
Stacy: No, about me. I'm not over you. You were... you were the one, you always will be.

- from 1.22 - The Honeymoon

01.Miss Zennie
02.Tradewindsailor
03.dr snaps
04.NotxYoursxTruly
05.babyblue54
06.Kiara99
07.CheEsecAKe&BRUCAS
08.chrissy1302
09.Mirella
10.Answer_the_pepperoni
11.pinkpaisley
12. megs212

001. Because he will always be the one for her.
002. Because she saved his life.
003. Because they met in a strip club.
004.Because she moved in a week after they met.
005. Because their love is like Vindaloo curry.
006.Because he spent more than five years longing for her.
007.Because he couldn't stand the thought of losing her again.
008.Because he has a special smile reserved only for her.
009. Because he talked about Stacy when the patient asked him if he ever really loved someone.
010.Because he opened up to her.
011. Because he knew when she was smoking.
012. Because they had sex in an MRI machine.
013.Because she thinks he's brilliant, funny, surprising and sexy.

Steve McQueen

Steve played an essential part in the House/Stacy relationship. Steve lived in Stacy's attic and House helped her catch it, but not after canceling the exterminator Stacy had called without her knowing. House even broke into Stacy house when her husband wasn't there, so he could try and catch Steve. But House realised Steve actually had a condition.

Stacy: What happened with all the cheese?
House: I had to get rid of it before Steve McQueen ate any coumadin. I named your rat [Stacy gives a look of disbelief]. Steve's tilting his head. Any neurologist will tell you that suggests an infection or brain stem tumour.
Stacy: Death cures both those things.
House: Well we can't kill him. If it's an infection, it could be caused by something in your house, something that could affect you guys [he scrapes something off the floor and goes to sit beside Stacy]. Smell this [Stacy sniffs it]. Does it smell like urine?
Stacy: Oh! [she turns away in disgust]
House: [sniffs it] You missing any asparagus? Ok, stuff these [hands her a bottle of antibiotics], he doesn't get better, then it’s a tumour.
Stacy: Then what? Chemo?
House: Steve McQueen without hair? It's a blessing he died young [they both smile]

House set up an extensive capturing device and both he and Stacy were very much into this, because now they had an excuse to spend time together. This resulted in House apologizing to Stacy for her being miserable and Stacy apologizing for causing House so much pain.

Even after Stacy left, House kept Steve as a pet.

Pre-Season 1

1.21 - Three Stories

Stacy: How bad is the pain right now?
House: It's bad.
Stacy: It's not getting any better. If you were right, the pain would be subsiding. You'd be getting better.
House: It's just taking longer.
Stacy: No, it's not. We've got to let him cut the leg off.
House: It's my leg. It's my life.
Stacy: Would you give up your leg to save my life?
House: Of course I would.
Stacy: Then why do you think your life is worth less than mine?

Season 1

1.21 - Three Stories

Stacy: Greg.
House:Hi, Stacy.
Stacy: How're you doing?
House: How am I doing? Well, the last five years have been like… you ever see those "Girls Gone Wild" videos?
Stacy: Your life's been like that, or your life's been spent watching them? [They both kind of smile.] I have missed you.
House: Is that why you're here? [Stacy shakes her head.]
Stacy: I need your help. [She hands him the films; he limps over to the clinic desk to take a look.]
House: Who am I looking at?
Stacy: My husband.
House: Who is suffering abdominal pain and fainting spells. No sign of tumors, no vasculitis. Could be indigestion, or maybe a kidney stone. A little one, can pack a lot of wallop.
Stacy: Did you think I wasn't going to get married?
House: Not to someone so poorly endowed. This guy's pancreas is pathetic. [He walks off, Stacy follows.]
Stacy: There is no kidney stone, no indigestion. Three hospitals, five doctors, not one of them found anything.
House: Well, maybe there's nothing to be found.
Stacy: Right, you suddenly trust doctors, love puppies and long walks in the rain.
House: The walks are out. [Stacy grabs his arm.]
Stacy: I was around you long enough to know when something's not right. Mark's had personality changes, he's acting strange, disconnected...
House: Interesting. It means there's either a neurological component or he's having an affair.
Stacy: No affair, no nothing! He's sick! I know you're not too busy; you avoid work like the plague. Unless it actually is the plague. I'm asking you a favor.
House: I'm not too busy, but I'm not sure I want him to live. It's good seeing you again.

1.22 - The Honeymoon

House: I gotta go.
Stacy: No, no, he'll be here. I'm sure he's just running a little late.
House: He's cancelled two exams, he's not gonna –
Stacy: He's scared of you.
House: Sure. The ex-boy-toy. Eh, that makes sense.

House: I diagnosed him, I did my job. You want somebody to tie him down and force him into treatment, well, you're way better at that than I am.
Stacy: Is that what this is? Payback for your leg? How many times have we been over this; I saved your life.
House: Yeah, maybe.
Stacy: You're going to kill my husband to teach me a lesson?
House: No, he's going to die because he's too stubborn to make the right choice.
Stacy: Now we're in your territory.
House: I'm respecting your husband's decision, I don't see why you've got a problem with that.
Stacy: Because it's crap! Because you browbeat patients, intimidate them, lie to them. If you think you're right you don't give a damn what they think. I did what you do all the time, the only difference is I did it to you.
House: He'll never forgive you.
Stacy: Yeah, he will.

Season 2

2.01 - Acceptance

Stacy: Were you trying to get me fired? If you didn't want me working here, why didn't you just say so?
House: I just don't want you working here, in my office. But anywhere else in the building is fine. It's a big hospital.
Stacy: I'm a lawyer. You're a jerk. There's gonna to be some overlap.
House: God, I hope that was a euphemism.

2.03 - Humpty Dumpty

[House is sitting in a chair, his feet propped up on the exam table. He is twirling his cane and watching his mini-TV. There's a knock.]
House: With a patient.
[Door opens.]
Stacy: It's Stacy.
Stacy: Not according to the log.
House: It's three-fifteen.
Stacy: Is it a commercial?
[House responds by picking up a soda and sipping it.]
Stacy: How's Cuddy doing?
House: She's not acting like Cuddy. It's a pleasure.
Stacy: You know her. She has trouble with these situations, feels personally responsible.
House: Technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.
Stacy: [sarcastic] Wow, doesn't she sound messed up.
House: I don't believe I can fix everything. I don't lie awake at night tormented by that fact.
Stacy: No, you lie awake tormented by—
House: We were talking about Cuddy here.
[House starts to get up.]
Stacy: She cares.
House: She enjoys feeling guilty.
Stacy: Lisa cares. It's why she drives you nuts. 'Cause it's not just a puzzle to her. The patients are actually real, their feeling actually relevant. And I'm telling you, she can't even talk to him.
House: My God, it's contagious. You're feeling guilty, too.
Stacy: I'm just saying take it easy on her. You owe her that.
[House pauses a second.]
House: Commercial's over.
Stacy: So glad we talked.

2.06 - Spin

Stacy: We need to talk.
House: Oh god. Are you pregnant? Cuz I really wanna finish high school.
Stacy: You have to renew your credential!
House: They're good for two more months
Stacy: Three weeks. The paperwork takes forever. Your application, your malpractice insurance, criminal records check - you know that's going to take some explaining.
House: You know, our relationship was way better when we were sleeping together. Why'd we stop doing that? Did you get married?
Stacy: Yeah! Otherwise I'd be on you like red on rice.
House: Rice doesn't rhy-- oh I get it!

Stacy: You've come to search my office, you should wait ten minutes I'll be out of your hair. Here, start with my purse (throws it across to House) just save me some mints. What do you want to know? My sex life with Mark? My guilt over crippling your damn leg? Or are you just here to gloat because you weren't the leak?
House: I want to apologize [he solemnly sits down] Maybe I've been punishing you for a little too long. And maybe you've been punishing me. If we're going to work together, I need to know - do you hate me? Or do you love me? Either way, I think we've got a problem.
Stacy: I hate you. And I love you. And I love Mark.
House: You don't hate him?
Stacy: No.
House: So what do we do?
Stacy: We deal with each other.
House: Right. That plan's been working great so far.
Stacy: It'll get better, it'll get easier.
House: Why?
Stacy: I don't know, it's what my therapist tells me.

2.07 - Spin

House: He's mad at you.
Stacy: There's no way he said that.
House: [sighs] No, but it's true. He resents you for being able to walk. Been there. I resented you for hell of a long time.

Stacy: Past tense?
Stacy:Okay, I blow my smoke into the vents so Mark doesn't know.
House: I always knew it.
Stacy: Bluffing!
House: You started two weeks after my surgery. Menthols, then lights after a month.
Stacy: Why didn't you say anything?
House: 'Cause it helped me monitor your misery level. One trip outside was a good day, upwards of six you were in hell.
Stacy: You could have asked me how I was!
House: I already knew. Sorry you were miserable.
Stacy: Sorry I caused you so much pain.

Stacy: You know when I have sex? You can smell that on me too? The only people who know about what's going on between me and Mark, are me and Mark.
House: I just know you.
Stacy: And I know you. You're confident, arrogant, but you're never certain unless there's a reason to be certain. One other person knew, I told you I was seeing Dr Harper. You can easily get into her office, you read my file. [House doesn't deny it] You read my file? The dishes, the concern, the oh - acting like a human being? You have... This whole time you've been manipulating me?
House: You knew I had an angle the moment I poured soap on to a scrub brush. [Stacy walks back behind her desk] You could have thrown me out, or ignored me, or found another exterminator. You didn't even tell Mark that I kept coming by. You LET this happen because you wanna be with me.
Stacy: I don't know anymore. Get out.

2.08 - The Mistake

Stacy: You just can't control yourself, can you? No matter how stupid, how self-destructive--
House: To make this conversation easier, can we discard the fiction that we're talking about anything other than what I did to you? You're not mad because I broke into your psychiatrist's office.
Stacy: Yeah, I was thrilled about that.
House: Okay, it was a lousy thing to do, but if what I'd found was that everything was all kittens and moonbeams in Markville, you'd be over it.
Stacy: No I wouldn't!
House: You're mad at me for letting you know what I did because you liked where things were going. And for that I actually am sorry. It was stupid.

Stacy: Is Chase telling the committee about his dad?
House: I don't know. I thought you were going to get him to sell me out.
Stacy: I wouldn't do that.
House: Why not?
Stacy: You're my client too.
House: Yeah. And that's not going to change unless you leave this job. Or I do. So how do you deal with a coworker that you have feelings for - positive or negative. I don't want to end up like Chase, I don't want to get emotionally caught up and kill... you.
Stacy: It's not all negative.
[House looks up at her hopefully]
Stacy: Maybe you were right... maybe that is the problem.
House: So what do we do?
Stacy: [shakes her head] I don't know.

2.10 - Failure to Communicate

Stacy: Don't say anything; don't attempt to defend your billing practices, your billing practices are indefensible.
House: We've been over this.
Stacy: If I thought you were capable of listening, I'd shut up.
House: That makes no sense at all.
Stacy: He's pushing me out of his life.
House: Maybe you're misinterpreting.
Stacy: Did I misinterpret with you? At least this time I recognize it. That's the bitter bit of convincing the two men you ever loved they're better off without you.
House: Yeah, it's all your fault. You know Stacy in the original Greek means 'relationship killer'.

House: I have to know what's going on here. 'Cause when you have a fight with Mark, and you try to avoid me, I have to think that--
Stacy: That I'm feeling vulnerable and I don't want to be around you because it might lead to something.
House: Right. But then a hotel room...
Stacy: Might also lead to something.
House: Hmm. So... which is it?
Stacy: Our relationship is like an addiction. It's like...
House: Really good drugs?
Stacy: No, it's like... vindaloo curry.
House: Ok, sure.
Stacy: Really really hot Indian curry they make with red chili peppers.
House: I know what it is! Didn't think it was addictive.
Stacy: You're abrasive and annoying and come on way too strong, like vindaloo curry. When you're crazy about curry, that's fine but no matter how much you love curry, you have too much of it, it takes the roof of your mouth off. And then you never want to see curry for a really really long time but you wake up one day and you think.. 'God, I really miss curry'.
House: [puts his hand under her chin and raises her face up so he can see her eyes]
Stacy: You're a jerk.
House: I know [he smiles and dumps his cane on the bed as he moves in closer to put his hands on her waist and then leans in kiss her on the lips. After a while, he moves back] If you hadn't just had a fight with Mark...
Stacy: [grabs his face in her hands] For once in your life will you shut up? [she pulls him down and they lock lips again.]

Stacy: Is your patient going to be alright?
House: Physically, his chances are good.
Stacy: Physically?
House: Two people who weren't meant to be together. Maybe they'll get a happy ending just because they both want it so much.
Stacy: Yeah, that's usually the way it works.
House: He loved her enough to convince himself he could change.
Stacy: But he couldn't, could he? [She gets the stub of her ticket back from the person at the desk and is about to walk through when she turns around to see House again] You know what Woody Allen said about relationships? "Irrational and crazy, but we go through it all because--
House: --we need the curry".

2.11 - Need to Know

House: You're leaving?
Stacy: It's never meant to be permanent. And now that Mark's getting better...
House: Yeah. Much better. Except for the whole walking thing.
Stacy: He needs to get back to work. [turns away]
House: Right. Saving the next generation from making bad choices about acne cream. You're running away because the kiss meant something.
Stacy: I'm not running away. I'm going home.
House: With Mark.
Stacy: I love Mark.
House: [comes around desk] You love me more. [they stare at each other] I don't want you to leave.

Stacy: [opens door holding piece of paper, House smiles at her] The prescription for my heart condition. A bit on the cheesy side.
House: I was trying for romantic. [they smile at each other and hug] Still fits.
Stacy: Mmm.

Stacy: If I never tell him, it'll never hurt. I want not to love Mark. I want to hate you. I want all of this to be simple, but it's not.
House: You can either have a life with me, or you can have a life with him. It can't be both. It's not easy. But it is simple.

Stacy: I'm going to talk to Mark tonight. And I'm going to stay here with you.
House: Don't do it.
Stacy: This isn't funny Greg.
House: I know.
Stacy: You... spent all these months chasing me. Now I'm here and you start running? What the hell changed?
House: Nothing. Nothing changes. I'm not going to change.
Stacy: Who asked you to?
House: Mark is willing to do whatever it takes. I'm not. Never was.
Stacy: Oh, now you're introspective? Weren't so analytical the other night.
House: You were happy with Mark. You'll be happy again.
Stacy: Shut up about Mark. What the hell's wrong with you?
House: I can't make you happy!
Stacy: What?
House: How do you think this is gonna end? We'll be happy for what? A few weeks, few months. And then I'll say something insensitive, or I'll start ignoring you. And at first it'll be okay. It's just House being House. And then at some point, you will need something more. You'll need someone who can give you something I can't. [Stacy sighs.] You know I'm right. I've been there before.
Stacy: It doesn't have to be.
House: It does. It does. I don't want to go there again. I'm sorry, Stacy.

Interview

Snippet of interview with Hugh and Sela Ward

Beautiful Sela Ward, who joined the cast of House late last season as the ex-Mrs. House, was asked about her instant chemistry with Emmy-nominated series lead Hugh Laurie.
The two actors really convey the closeness of their characters. How do they conjure up that "palatable past history?'' the critic from New York asked.
Ward had the answer. "We sleep together.'' Pause. "Is that wrong?''
The critic from New York could not leave it at that. "Does that work better for one of you than the other?''
"Easy now,'' Laurie said.
He went on to credit a "very sound, true script'' for that "palatable past history'' thing. "We are professionals,'' he continued, suddenly getting very English.

- From Edmonton Sun, January 8, 2005

Sela on Hugh.

"Hugh is a formidable man. He has a lot of power. He's very tall, with those steely blue eyes that can be so piercing. He's got that English reserve, which is mysterious. He's incredibly intelligent, but he's also got a tremendous sense of humor. In order to keep House's remarks from being too bitter or nasty, an actor has to understand the humor in it. Hugh does. With him it's never ugly; it's refreshing. And House is such a great character, because he's not compliant with social mores or codes of behavior. He's an adult rebel — the James Dean of our generation. He represents what people wish they could say or do, and that's very attractive."

- from TV Guide - June 5, 2005

Craig: Talk to me about the House thing. The medical drama that you're doing. Are you having a good time? Hugh Laurie's on that. He's lovely.
Sela: I actually am having a good time. I mean, he's great. He's so great to work it. He's so talented.
Craig: He's British.
Sela: He is British. And you wouldn't know that. And on the weekend or when you get a phone call from him, and it's this beautiful Queen's English. And I'm going 'oh, my God.'

- from The Late Show with Craig Ferguson - November 29, 2005

Last edited by fictitious ways; 07-05-2009 at 09:46 AM
Old 07-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Banned

Where's the House/Stacy love? I really like them together.

Old 07-23-2006, 03:25 AM
Elite Fan

Hi Miss Zennie

I'm sorry, no big House/Stacy love.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really like these two together, I like those pictures Miss Zennie
Old 07-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Banned

Hee, it's okay I wonder if Sela will be returning to the show at any point?
Old 07-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really like Stacy/House. Cuddy is perfect as his boss, and Cameron - she's far too young to be a real match for him. Got some pics to share...

Old 07-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Banned

Awesome pics! I'll try to make a banner for the thread. It needs a little decoration!
Old 07-24-2006, 02:12 AM
Elite Fan

Great pics! A banner would be great.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just rewatched all the eps with Stacy. I sooooo hope that she'll be back!
Made another screencap:

And I toyed around with my graphics programm. The words are the titel of a wonderfull piece of music by Chris Rea. It's on the album "Stony Road" and could be the soundtrack for the live of Dr. Greg House...

Old 07-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Banned

Wow, that's a really awesome banner! I think the words are really fitting And yay for this thread getting some posts in it!

Edit: I made a banner too. Here it is...

Last edited by Miss Zennie; 07-24-2006 at 09:28 AM
Old 07-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

I L.O.V.E. the "Curry" reference. Good job, Miss Zennie.

....and yes, we're going to keep this thread on page 1!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Banned

Thanks! Are we the only H/S fans around here? We'll just have to keep the thread going!
Old 07-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

We will, and we'll enjoy it!
Found this one today...

Old 07-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Banned

Great pic! I found some interesting fanfic about these two on livejournal, I believe the community is here: House & Stacy ::. It's like Vindaloo We should try to recruit some of the fans over there to come join us!
Old 07-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love the artwork and they look great in that picture