Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bug eyed in the first one. And suave in the last one!
Old 10-06-2016, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Daniel Radcliffe to star in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead at the Old Vic - WhatsOnStage.com

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe to star in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead at the Old Vic
The Harry Potter star will open at the theatre next year.

The Harry Potter actor will star in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead alongside Joshua McGuire, which will be directed by David Leveaux.

The 1966 play is by Tom Stoppard and focuses in on two characters from Shakespeare's Hamlet. This will be its 50th anniversary production. General booking opens 2 November.
Quote:
The former Harry Potter star will play Rosencrantz opposite Joshua McGuire's Guildenstern at the Old Vic theatre.

The play, first staged in 1966, replays Shakespeare's Hamlet from the point of view of two hapless minor characters.

The production, to be directed by David Leveaux, will run from 25 February to 29 April 2017.

Radcliffe, 27, last appeared on stage in London in The Cripple of Inishmaan in 2013.

The actor is a self-confessed fan of Sir Tom's work, revealing in 2014 that he "would love" to appear in the writer's early play.

Radcliffe and McGuire previously appeared together in the Sky Arts series A Young Doctor's Notebook.

McGuire, who last appeared at the Old Vic in Future Conditional in 2015, previously played Hamlet at Shakespeare's Globe in 2011.

His film credits include Mike Leigh's Mr Turner and Richard Curtis romantic comedy About Time.

Matthew Warchus, the Old Vic's artistic director, said it had been "a delight" to find out that the two actors were friends in real life.

"There is the exciting potential they will bring in an audience who would otherwise maybe not come," he told the London Evening Standard.
Daniel Radcliffe to play Rosencrantz in Sir Tom Stoppard play at Old Vic - BBC News

That's cool, that their friends!
Old 10-06-2016, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Daniel Radcliffe to star in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead at the Old Vic - WhatsOnStage.com

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe to star in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead at the Old Vic
The Harry Potter star will open at the theatre next year.

The Harry Potter actor will star in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead alongside Joshua McGuire, which will be directed by David Leveaux.

The 1966 play is by Tom Stoppard and focuses in on two characters from Shakespeare's Hamlet. This will be its 50th anniversary production. General booking opens 2 November.
Quote:
The former Harry Potter star will play Rosencrantz opposite Joshua McGuire's Guildenstern at the Old Vic theatre.

The play, first staged in 1966, replays Shakespeare's Hamlet from the point of view of two hapless minor characters.

The production, to be directed by David Leveaux, will run from 25 February to 29 April 2017.

Radcliffe, 27, last appeared on stage in London in The Cripple of Inishmaan in 2013.

The actor is a self-confessed fan of Sir Tom's work, revealing in 2014 that he "would love" to appear in the writer's early play.

Radcliffe and McGuire previously appeared together in the Sky Arts series A Young Doctor's Notebook.

McGuire, who last appeared at the Old Vic in Future Conditional in 2015, previously played Hamlet at Shakespeare's Globe in 2011.

His film credits include Mike Leigh's Mr Turner and Richard Curtis romantic comedy About Time.

Matthew Warchus, the Old Vic's artistic director, said it had been "a delight" to find out that the two actors were friends in real life.

"There is the exciting potential they will bring in an audience who would otherwise maybe not come," he told the London Evening Standard.
Daniel Radcliffe to play Rosencrantz in Sir Tom Stoppard play at Old Vic - BBC News

That's cool, that they're friends!
Old 10-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is very cool!
Old 10-09-2016, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah it is. I'm going to have to find the episodes they were in together and rewatch them.

Last edited by baileycat; 10-10-2016 at 04:33 AM
baileycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will probably have to go and do that too to see them together.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder if that was a contributing factor to cast them together in the play. Since they already had a working friendship, it would make their jobs easier.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Is Joshua McGuire the guy the Doctor made the house call to?
Old 10-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would think it would help knowing that they had worked together before.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

there's already tested and proven chemistry.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 04-28-2017, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'd be happy to see them in more comedies together.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh Definitely!!! Wouldn't that be awesome? Oh to dream.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I have convinced myself it will happen within the next 7 years.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

It would be so amazing if they were to do it again but probably not very soon.