Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Wrightcliffe Appr. - "We've done another kissing scene on seven. Totally fine with that now for some reason!" - Dan

Welcome to the Wrightcliffe Appreciation Thread

Daniel Radcliffe & Bonnie Wright

These two first met while working on Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone together back in 2000. Over the years they have become good friends with one another and with the rest of the Harry Potter cast. This thread is for appreciating their wonderful friendship with one another, which we have heretofore dubbed as "Wrightcliffe".

- Wrightcliffe Appreciators -

Abs92 // Amy_UK // baileycat // Crystal1114 //
emeraldflames // Eveishxx // *Fergie* // Gean //
Ginbrod93 // Ginevra_Girl // Hes Harry Freaking Potter // iamFez //
jonrevilla123 // Kgose // King of Scotland // Leo-4-Life //
LittleMilkJug // MischiefManaged1980 // pennylane_4 // Pottergirl7 //
marybongiovi // redheadgin // skylines // stumps101 //
wotcherharry // xxcozmicstar // KJJ1588 // Malaussene //
wyndrider // alxndrjosephine // LG rocks my socks // courtney921 //
dlittleone // Hermoine_Granger// RedUnicorn // gilyweed // LeylaFenixx//
loveslullaby // hardley

//////////////////////////////////

Credit to dlittleone

- Reasons Why We Love Them -

Because they've been friends since the ages of ten and twelve.
Because she went to see Equus to support him.
Because he thought she looked "absolutely stunning" at the OotP premiere.
Because she reminds him of Lily Cole.
Because the shoelace scene was their idea.
Because they have "a great friendship". - BW
Because Bonnie's parents designed special jewelery for the cast of Equus!
Because they're both pranksters on set.
Because he feels like he's grown up with her.
Because they keep in touch when they're not filming.
Because Dan has a soft spot for redheads...and we wonder why...
Because she felt that filming romantic scenes was “…slightly more comfortable with someone she knew.”
Because they were both nervous about the kissing scene in HBP since they've known each other for so long.
Because they improvised their own scenes together in HBP.
Because he thinks she's "loads and loads of fun and amazing and fantastic!!!"
Because she was very nervous about their first HBP scene together but he calmed her down. *pause for collective awws*
Because the RoR scene was the very first thing they had to film. (See, even Yates can't resist his Wrightcliffe heart!)
Because he kissed her on the cheek and it was just about THE cutest thing in the entire universe!!
Because Bonnie thinks he's "a great guy".
Because Dan thinks she's "a lovely girl".
Because they had fun working with one another!
Because Dan felt bad that she had to experience kissing his "horse-like lips". LOL.
Because she felt those "horse-lips" THIRTY times.
Because he felt that having to kiss someone as beautiful as her wasn't a particularly challenging thing to have to do as an actor.
Because when the time came she felt like she was kissing her brother or her cousin at first. LOL.
Because they're the same height and when they're together their heads make a heart shape which alone sets us into squee fits.
Because he's started his own tradition of gushing over her during movie premieres.
Because she saw him NAKED!! Don't deny it!
Because horse-lips aside, she thought he was still a really good kisser!
Because we think it's cute that they both seem to share very very similar interests.
Because they're so adorable they're even converting non-shippers.
Because we love the way she towers over him when she's in heels.
Because after HBP came out they had this weird mutual understanding and just didn't talk about what they would have to do until the day came. LOL.
Because he felt that filming romantic scenes together felt slightly incestuous since they were close enough to be siblings.
Because he was her very first "movie kiss"!
Because though it was odd, they got over the awkwardness of filming the romance rather quickly - hemhem.
Because his father gave her a kiss during the HBP NYC premiere. ♥
Because he's adorkable and he makes her laugh, alot.
Because they went to the Reading Festival together, with their music-snob selves.
Because they wore BAT-masks. *lol*
Because Dan showed her his spastic dance moves, and we wish we could have seen them too.
Because they've "always been good friends." - Bonnie
Because they did another kissing scene on movie seven! And they're "totally fine with that now for some reason". xD
Because they "don't mind the kissing anymore." xD - Dan
Because they feel like they "know each other so well now." - Bonnie
Because she thinks he's "so energetic, really good fun and extremely professional".

Credit to dlittleone

- Wrightcliffiness -

Dan:

Are you looking forward to the romances in HBP?
"Yes, I am! Particularly as Bonnie looks absolutely stunning tonight!"
[laughs] Yes, we've been chatting to her!
" - She looks absolutely amazing tonight!! So, yeah, VERY, very excited about that!"

- London OotP Premiere

It's strange in a way that people fixate so much on this one kiss, when you're about to have massive make-out sessions with Ginny Weasley in "Half-Blood Prince."
"I know! I knew Bonnie since she was 10, so that's going to be very odd! She's 16 now. It's going to be fine. It's going to be funny, I hope. It's a very unusual set of circumstances, because when you sign on to do the films you don't know what exactly you're agreeing to. But I don't look at the books as to-do lists, nothing that boring. But I did get nervous when I read that kissing scene. I'm less inhibited now, so I can look at it with more excitement than trepidation."

"I think that will be great! I saw Bonnie at the premiere the other day, she looked like Lily Cole! She just looked stunning!! So, you know, I'm very excited about that! Yeah!"
- On making "kissy-kissy" with Miss. Wright

credit to *Fergie*

"By the time I made this film I'd done a nude scene on stage and a few kissing scenes, so I was totally blase," he says. "Poor Bonnie was very nervous. I hadn't factored that in. I'd taken it for granted that she'd be fine too. She'd never had to do that so I had to be calming with her and she did very well."

"Bonnie is loads and loads of fun and amazing and fantastic!!!"
- To a huge Bonnie fan during the NY Equus Press Signings. (Aww)

"Well obviously - to kiss the beautiful Bonnie Wright is not a particularly difficult or challenging thing to do as an actor."
- HBP London Premiere

credit to *Fergie*

"I've known Bonnie - even though she's obviously stunningly beautiful, as you have seen tonight - I've known her since she was 9 and I was 11. So that was kind of weird at first. But you know, we got used to it! We got over it pretty quickly!"
- NY HBP Premiere

“Poor Bonnie who had this kiss with me, I saw the film again a couple nights ago at the premiere and I really watched it, and, my God, my lips are like the lips of a horse, distending away independently away from my face, trying to encompass the lower half of hers. So I apologize to you Bonnie.”
[laughter] "I didn't notice don't worry."
"Just disagree thank you!" [laughs]

- Dan and Bonnie during the NY HBP Press Conference

"Bonnie's a lovely girl and - and very beautiful! - and so it was hardly a hardship!"
- HBP NY Press Junkets

credit to baileycat

Bonnie:

So how is your relationship with Daniel like in real life? Are you friends?
"Yeah! Definitely! Friends with him and all the cast members - and it’s nice because we do always keep in contact when we're not filming - since there is quite a big gap between the films, it would be a shame if we didn’t speak to each other until the next film!"
- INQUIRER.net Interview

Okay, you've grown up with Daniel Radcliffe ever since you guys were this small [raises hand over the ground].
[laughs] "Yeah!"
What was it like to prepare for that kissing scene?
"It was strange - I think since we've known each for so long, it's - if I were to explain it to someone it's like having to do it with a brother or a cousin, it's just quite a weird and awkward feeling, but you know it was all good fun in the end!"
So he didn't tease you at all?
[laughs] "No! I don't think there's really any room for teasing, you just have to get down to it!"

- HBP NY Premiere

"I think he's really, and everyone as well, has really improved. They've all become really good. So, it's nice to work with everyone. I think he has definitely developed."
- On Dan as an actor

credit to *Fergie*

"I saw it and I enjoyed it! For him it was definitely a good, good thing to do, because you're so easily typecast as a child actor and I think it's a good move. The play was just amazing - I was so wrapped up in it all!"
- On Seeing Equus.

You've always loved Dan too right?
"Have I - no!! [laughs] As a guy he's great! But um - not in that way."
[laughs]He's cool though isn't he?
"Yeah definitely! Yeah!"

"We talked about it a lot -- me, Dan and David Yates -- and we had a few rehearsals about how we wanted each of these moments leading up to the kiss between Ginny and Harry to work. Harry’s got a very different relationship with her in this film than he’s had with her in the past. Then she was like a younger sister. So it was important that Dan and I could work out what the relationship meant together. He was great about it!"

credit to emeraldflames

"Me and Dan were like, 'Have you read the book?'" - 'Yeah.' 'Uh. . .' and it was just this weird kind of mutual understanding, we didn't need to say anything. It was like, we know what we have to do."
- On their reaction after reading HBP.

"It was a bit weird, but because I’ve known him for so long, we’re very comfortable around each other. And I think that familiarity lends itself to the scenes. It was still very strange, but fun!"
- On the romance in HBP

Was Daniel a good kisser? Surely the throngs of cheering fans holding up signs that say things like “Harry Potter, will you marry me?” hope so.
“Yeah!” she says enthusiastically. “Definitely! You couldn’t say the hero of the story was a bad kisser." [laughs]

“Dan is so energetic and really good fun, and the way he works is extremely professional.”

D'awwwwwww!

credit to baileycat

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."

Last edited by Leo-4-Life; 05-29-2010 at 01:09 PM
Old 02-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

~Wrightcliffe Survivor gifs~
Round #2

#6 - Eliminated

#4 - 4

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 02-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Sanum!!! Got to say I love the title.
“I’ve lived on borrowed time. More than any man deserves. I’ve seen wonders beyond my wildest imaginings. Through these centuries, against the impossibility that we’d find each other, we did. And I am most grateful for it."
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 02-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Total Fan

can I say I LOVE the title for this thread!

and I vote for #5
Dan wishing me Happy birthday =WIN!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

Hihi...me love the title as well. Should ask Dan to list down all the reasons.

Oh, so hard to vote!

Vote Bonnie Wright || Harry ღ Ginny || icon: enchantingicons
Old 02-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great title! Thanks Sanum! And thank you Dan for stating that fact!

Are we still on the second round?
Old 02-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

We need one more vote to start the next round.
“I’ve lived on borrowed time. More than any man deserves. I’ve seen wonders beyond my wildest imaginings. Through these centuries, against the impossibility that we’d find each other, we did. And I am most grateful for it."
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 02-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

No problem guys!

Yeah it's still the second round.

#4 - 4
#5 - 1

Old 02-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

#4!

Though Dan really cracked me up.

Vote Bonnie Wright || Harry ღ Ginny || icon: enchantingicons
Old 02-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

#4 is out! New round:

~Wrightcliffe Survivor gifs~
Round #3

#4 ~ Eliminated in Round 2

#6 ~ Eliminated in Round 1
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 02-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ooh ooh ... other news notwithstanding, I'm a big fan of a Wrightcliffe-y friendhsip, so can I be added? *bats eyes*

Also ... I vote for #2
Old 02-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome to the thread!! Yeah, I love the friendship and I don't mind crackshipping them either.

Though I do love Bonnie & Jamie. *looks at her icon*

I'm going to vote for #2 as well.
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 02-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

#2 is just too precious. She's laughing at something he did!
Old 02-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

#2 - 2
#1 - 2
#5 - 1
- Sorry!!! As much as it kills me because Dan was so "OMG BONNIE O_O" at that premiere (as he is at every premiere though, LMAO) and it was precioussss but I just...it's so short. *hates herself*

Old 02-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

So I'm not killing the thread but really where's all the Wrightcliffers then? Walk the walk you guys if you can talk the talk.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread