Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2015, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

so much to catch up on.

Comic Con day is a bad day to not be home.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks so much for sharing. I am looking for more as well.

IGN Video
Old 07-12-2015, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Trailer Details:

It has a wide shot of Victorian London.
Victor: “Igor, you and I shall be the very heart of scientific enterprise that will change the world.”
“We shall create life out of death.”
“It’s… alive.”
“Do you realize how significant this is?” Igor says excitedly.
“I have an inkling.” Victor says.
“I’m Detective Inspector Turpin. I want to investigate missing body parts.” - Roderick Turpin says.
Turpin walks through what looks like a greenhouse…
It cuts to a party scene and Victor is very drunk:
“Are you not afraid to challenge the natural order, Mr. Frankensteen?” - Lorelei
“No… and it’s Frankenstein.” - Victor
“I shall create a man after our own image.” - Victor
“I think it’s time… you met our monster.” - Victor
“Victor! No!” - Igor
A shot of the monster.
Victor -You have a chance here to be part
of-
Igor- Of what? Being electrocuted, chased by
monsters and hunted by police-
Victor- Oh, well don’t concentrate on the dark side-
Igor walks in front of a wall with “Wanted” posters…
“Be careful, Mr. Frankenstein. You toy with wrathful forces…” - Turpin says this and he and Victor are facing each other.
“I cannot argue with that…” - Victor says.
End of trailer.
These are some of my immediate thoughts on the trailer:
ANDREW SCOTT was in the trailer TWICE. People cheered when they saw him!!
Freddie Fox was featured in the clip that was shown and he was absolutely INCREDIBLE
James’ and Dan’s acting is absolutely incredible. Both of them portray these characters better than I could have imagined
Andrew Scott looked smoking hot and absolutely incredible in the trailer
The movie looks beautiful and dark and period and amazing. Paul McGuigan knows what he’s doing
James is so different than how we’ve ever seen him; it’s almost like a mix of Filth and XMen. He’s really upping the “crazy” aspect
Daniel is the perfect likable leading man and the affection in Igor’s eyes for Victor is amazing. Daniel will carry this film
The thing that surprised me the most was that even though it’s a period film the excitement of the movie feels modern. In a good way
I honestly think this will bring Daniel Radcliffe’s profile up in a big way; he’s the lead of a big studio film again and he rocks
Jessica Brown Findlay seems really great. She has a definite character and adds to the trailer
Now that I’ve had time to reflect, these are some additional thoughts:
James McAvoy’s voice: it sounds like if his Bruce, his character from the movie Filth had a baby with Matt Smith’s Doctor and was saying Sherlock-y lines. Yes. It’s THAT good and that crazy.
The tone of the film is quite different than I imagined it. I was expecting the film to be more period drama and “serious” and the tone of the film is very much action/adventure/comedy. It’s not a bad thing, just different than what I thought.
Everyone’s performances have a slight campy edge to it, but that’s definitely the director’s choice and I think it’s a cool choice. The campiness is like it’s from a really REALLY good Doctor Who episode.
Some of the cuts in the trailer and the new clip seem very rushed and kind of choppy; I’m sure it’s because it’s a trailer and the clip was rushed from how it is in the script, but again, I’m sure in the actual movie it won’t seem rushed.
James is a lot more “crazy” and zany than I expected. I was expecting Victor to be more like Charles Xavier; dashing, arrogant but likable. This Victor is arrogant, likable and crazy. Which is insanely interesting.
Daniel should have been the main focus of the trailer, but he wasn’t. I know this is a marketing decision but it’s a shame considering that the film is about Igor. It’s Igor’s story and he’s the main character. I hope this gets changed when a full-length trailer comes out.
Andrew Scott is amazing and I love his voice.
Jessica Findlay has a really cool character. She is a lot more feisty than how I read it in the script but that makes me love her even more.
Now, here is a description of the clip that they showed us. This is much easier to describe because it wasn’t just flashes. Here we go:
Description of the Extra Clip:

Victor and Igor are wheeling a gurney down a school hallway, while Victor yells, “Big Presentation in Hall H! Presentation in Hall H! Big presentation Hall H!” He is clearly trying to get other student’s attention.
It cuts to Victor and Igor in a lecture hall, surrounded by four maybe five students. It seems like Lorelei is there to witness what’s going on.
Victor stands in the center, a hideous creature lying on a table behind him. Victor says, “Since the beginning of modern medicine, there has been an assumption regarding the states of mortality; Igor would you prime the dynamo?”
Igor looks up at Victor with a smile and a nod: “Yes Master”.
Igor goes towards some equipment.
“I give you life, by my own creation!”
Igor begins to power the machine.
“I have built this homunculus from various body parts… lungs! Heart! Spine! Brain! You come get a closer look… don’t be shy… he won’t bite.”
The students do gather closer. Finnegan, played by Freddie Fox, doesn’t.
“Now… by the miracle… of electricity… I give you in 3… 2… 1… Life…”
The creature bursts with flies escaping it. The “crowd” of students get out of the way and cringe and murmur.
Finnegan laughs as the crowd begins to disperse. Victor says “No no no no… don’t go! Igor, shock him again, harder. 3… 2… 1… Now!”
Igor powers it again; nothing.
“Frankenstein, you’ve exceeded all expectations, even your own expansive mythos of strangeness and perversion. Just an exquisite show of depraved lunacy…”
“Igor! Full charge!” Victor orders again, ignoring the bratty student.
Igor powers it again and accidentally shocks Victor and himself in the process. Finnegan continues to laugh and boast, until…
The creature comes to life.
Igor smiles triumphantly. Victor smirks. “Do you see?… Its alive.”
Suddenly, the monster breaks free, becomes violent and takes a swing at Victor, knocking him backwards. The creature escapes out of the classroom and out onto the hallway. Igor, without hesitating, follows it out onto the hallway. He looks around slowly, carefully…
when the creature comes out of nowhere!
End clip.
Cheese, My Thoughts on the Victor Frankenstein...
Old 07-12-2015, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yesss, so happy a full panel video was found.

thanks for posting.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome. I'm happy to have found it.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQAv7XJv4Gk
Old 07-13-2015, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yay! Thanks for sharing it
Old 07-14-2015, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Dan wasn't bad at the game.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

He definitely did better than me
Old 07-15-2015, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I only knew the Alien and I am Legend one
Old 07-15-2015, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Some more pictures.

SDCC: Fox’s Victor Frankenstein Trailer and Maze Runner Goes Horror

by Edward Douglas

Victor Frankenstein at Comic-Con

Saturday was an exciting day at San Diego Comic-Con, with panels and footage shown from Guillermo del Toro’s Crimson Peak and Michael Dougherty’s Krampus. Later on, 20th Century Fox debuted the first trailer and an extended clip from Paul McGuinan’s Victor Frankenstein, starring James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe, who some might know better from The Woman in Black or Horns.

The movie, which has just shifted its release date back to Thanksgiving, looks plenty scary. It also looks like it will be quite fun, based on how it handles the relationship between Victor Frankenstein (McAvoy) and his loyal assistant Igor (Radcliffe).

Most of the trailer goes about introducing McAvoy’s title character and his obsession with experiments. Victor tells Igor that they’ll be part of a scientific enterprise that will change the world. “We will create life out of death,” he tells him and then we immediately get the first “It’s alive!” of the trailer as his experiment works. “You realize how significant this is?” Igor asks enthusiastically. “Oh I have an inkling,” Frankenstein responds.

Frankenstein is confronted by Deputy Inspector Turpin (Andrew Scott from Sherlock) about “missing body parts” and he’s questioned by a woman (possibly Jessica Findlay’s Lorelei?) asking whether he’s afraid to challenge the natural order, as she mispronounces his name and he corrects her. (A little Young Frankenstein joke).

While Igor admires Frankenstein, it certainly seems like he’s beginning to question his scientist friend’s motives and sanity as they get deeper into the experiments. The title cards say “The Legend is Reborn,” before we see lots of quick shots of various creatures chasing after them, as well as the famous monster that grabs its creator.
From this trailer, we get a good idea of how big Victor’s ego is. The relationship between the duo seems similar to that of Sherlock Holmes and Watson, particularly in the recent Downey-Law movies. This was confirmed during a rousing panel with director Paul McGuinan, McAvoy and Radcliffe, the latter two who made lots of off-color innuendo about their “bromantic” bond.

Afterwards, they showed the first full clip from the film, which involves Victor showing his fellow scientists his latest experiment to bring the dead back to life. It opens with Victor and Igor walking down the halls of the university where he calls out to everyone that they’re doing a presentation “in Hall H” (was that inadvertent or did they know while shooting they’d show this scene at Comic-Con?).

“Since the beginning of modern medicine there has been an assumption regarding the state of mortality,” is how the presentation starts, and he orders his assistant Igor over to the electrical switch. Victor gets a devoted “Yes, master” in response. “I give to you life by my own creation,” as he pulls a sheet off something that’s lying on the table, which turns out to be a small half-sized body of some kind. He explains that he had built this “homunculus” out of various body parts and he calls for those in attendance to come closer to see what he’s doing. “Now by the miracle of electricity, I give you in 3.. 2…1…” and he zaps the body with an electrical charge causing flies that were resting inside of the bodyto fly out as the others start backing away from the stench. Meanwhile, there’s a snarky blonde guy nearby (Finnegan played by Freddie Fox), who clearly isn’t a fan of Frankenstein. He applauds the failure and makes snide comments. “This is an exquisite show of depraved lunacy,” he chides.
Victor orders Igor to increase the charge and he shocks it again, but nothing happens. He then calls for a full charge and zaps it again and nothing happens. Then, the eye opens and Victor proclaims “You see? It’s alive.” An arm juts out from the body sending Victor flying to the other side of the room as the creature gets up. It seems to be a cross between a decomposed dog with a monkey’s head that starts screeching and runs out the door and down the stairs. Victor follows him, and ends up in a dark laboratory. He looks up, and sees the creature on a shelf above him as it dives off and the clip ends.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...flzBxY.twitter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beating up Daniel Radcliffe and more on Victor Frankenstein from Comic-Con

By Rachel West

Who would have thought that an 18th century novel would be the inspiration behind Super Saturday’s most hilarious panel at Comic-Con? Victor Frankenstein, the upcoming tale based on Mary Shelley’s classic novel stars James McAvoy as Dr. Frankenstein and Daniel Radcliffe as his trusty assistant Igor. The pair of actors who look like they got along famously on set brought their sense of humour and sexual innuendo to the Hall H stage.

Between the uproarious laughter from the crowd and jokes from the two stars, we still managed to learn a thing of two about Victor Frankenstein. While we cross our fingers and hope that some genius casting agent puts these two in a comedy ASAP, here are a few things we learned about the decidedly unfunny Victor Frankenstein:

When you hear the word “Frankenstein,” most of us picture the classic Universal horror monster with green skin and bolts in his neck. In reality, that moniker actually belongs to the creator of the monster, Dr. Victor Frankenstein. Victor Frankenstein aims to take back the Frankenstein name so it’s not exclusively associated with the scientific creation, but of the doctor instead.

This isn’t the traditional Igor you’re used to either. Sure, Radcliffe plays the role with a hunchback, but Igor isn’t the slave he’s been made out to be. Dr. Frankenstein sees a shared passion for science in Igor as they work together to build the prototype for their scientific experimentation. “It’s not just about monsters, it’s about obsession with science,” McAvoy told fans. “Like Liam Neeson in the film Taken, Victor sees that Igor has a very particular set of skills.” It’s really a love story between the two, according to Radcliffe. But that’s not to say it’s not going to get a little rough for the former Boy Wizard.

“If you’ve ever wanted to see Daniel Radcliffe beaten up and abused, this is for you,” joked McAvoy before demonstrating the, er, rather erotic way the actors had to perform Igor’s “hump-breaking” scene. The production toyed with how physical and violent they could make the film, with the world premiere of the trailer proving that there’s more than a few horrifying things up Dr. Frankenstein’s sleeves.

For McAvoy’s Frankenstein, Igor is both a friend and a challenger who questions his moral judgement, making the doctor get more than a little abusive when Igor pipes up and suggests that certain avenues of experimentation may not be the best idea. As for Dr. Frankenstein, “he’s just trying to build monsters,” according to McAvoy.

Look for monsters and more in Victor Frankenstein in theatres on November 25.

Photo Getty Images.

http://www.cineplex.com/News/Beating...nkenstein.aspx
Old 07-16-2015, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

http://cs628323.vk.me/v628323511/a0a7/Xdcl4QSwbE0.jpg
Dan's face here. He's excited to be overpowered by James.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I totally love his expression.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

he seemed very happy at SDCC.