Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2014, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Although Daniel Radcliffe’s Victor Frankenstein is still nearly a year away, Dan recently spoke with Empire about the film and how it differs from previous Frankenstein adaptations. In the movie, Dan stars as Dr. Frankenstein’s hunchbacked assistant, Igor, while Dr. Frankenstein is played by James McAvoy. He describes it as,

a real adventure at its heart, a fun movie… [It’s] very smart in terms of the ideas it’s discussing, [which is] a rare combination for a huge movie.

Mary Shelley’s 1818 novel, Frankenstein, has of course been adapted for the screen a number of times before. In this version, Igor plays a much bigger role than he has previously.

The story this time around is told through his eyes. He’s granted more of a story than he has been before. It’s an equal partnership where one of them is trying to be dominant, [which is] what separates it from other Frankenstein movies.

Dan goes on to explain how the story stresses the relationship between Frankenstein and Igor, rather than Frankenstein and the monster.

It’s about the nature of creation, in many ways. Victor gives Igor new life at the beginning of the movie, so he can be viewed as my creator, and at what point do you step out of that shadow or continually pay homage to the person who gave his life back.

Victor Frankenstein also stars Mark Gatiss, Jessica Brown Findlay, and Andrew Scott. It is directed by Paul McGuigan and will be released October 2, 2015 in both the US and UK.
Mugglenet.com
Old 11-04-2014, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Daniel Radcliffe discusses his upcoming role in “Victor Frankenstein” | MuggleNet

Quote:
When asked how Victor Frankenstein will distinguish itself from the others of its kind, he said,

I think our Frankenstein is a really kind of rip-roaring, fun adventure movie version of Frankenstein…the thing that I hope will make it stand out is the relationship between James’[s] (James McAvoy, Dr. Frankenstein) character and [mine]…it’s a film about relationships set against the backdrop of creating monsters.

When asked how Frankenstein’s monster will fit in the movie Radcliffe stated,

…in our version it’s created right at the end, and the journey up to that is really about how we come to that eventual idea.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

From readin the script they definitely have a different type of Frankenstein movie from all the other, full-on horror ones.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad to see that it's different.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

We can officially say it's less than a year now.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It'll be here before we know it.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

With any luck.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes it's not as long a wait as before.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

There's a test screening!!!!!!!!!

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty 4h4 hours ago
also @Uptomyknees FRANKENSTEIN is test screening tonight as well. Stars James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe. Another film I really want to see

And
josi ‏@MaybeJosi 46m46 minutes ago
Going to a pre screening for some movie with Daniel Radcliffe in it kool

And McGuigan was off to LA a couple of days ago.
Great honour to present Best Short Film at the Scottish BAFTA's last night... but now it's 5:30am,,, airport lounge,..off to LA.
12:46am - 17 Nov 14
Old 11-19-2014, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

why oh why could it not be in NY?
Old 11-20-2014, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Its a Hollywood film I guess so they want the suits there to see it. Only guessing.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I fear what the idiot Hollywood suits will want to change.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hopefully not a lot. Maybe it's for the marketing peeps to get s sense of how to sell it.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's going to be so exciting when the first trailer comes out.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

It will be. I am definitely hoping they won't change much.