Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh you're right. He did. Well he does love to stay busy. Yes a working machine.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
his debut feature, will feature Daniel Radcliffe in the lead role in his adaptation of reporter Jake Adelstein’s memoir, Tokyo Vice, about Japanese organized crime.

“It’s on the fast-track,” Mandler says. “We’re just waiting on Daniel’s dates--that will either go top of the summer, or end of the summer, but we are deep into the creative process. The book’s incredible. This guy’s experience and what he went through, and how he challenged these guys and used the pen instead of the sword to beat them at their own game and live through it.”
http://www.fastcocreate.com/3023186/...ense-of-it-all

So depending on Dan's Gold schedule, they'll start this right after.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
used the pen instead of the sword to beat them at their own game
Sounds exciting. Dan can use his intelligence to pull off this character.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am very looking forward to this. Sounds like it will be awesome.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I still haven't read the book. I know I will eventually but the whole crime/mob drama doesn't excite me as much as it maybe should.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I won't even bother what the book. It'll be better that way b/c I won't compare the movie to it.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I find that it is better sometimes not reading the book first.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

and like Amy said, it's not really my type of book.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well that does make it easier.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Music Video Auteur Anthony Mandler Respects Miley Cyrus’ “Path” Even If It's “A Little Distasteful and Adolescent” | Vanity Fair

Quote:
Tell me about Tokyo Vice, your upcoming directorial debut, and how you landed on the project.

When the script was done, I read it and loved it. I really gravitate toward characters and worlds that kind of sit on the cusp of change: crossroads, moments and decisions, the cause and effect of what happens in those moments. [Jake Adelstein’s] book really grabbed me and brought me into this incredible world that I’ve always been fascinated with. Daniel Radcliffe was kind of sniffing around it, and I went and sat with him. I loved his passion, and his take, and his true dedication in his own career to separating himself from Mr. [Harry] Potter, and exploring characters that are completely different.

He’s made some really interesting choices since the Harry Potter franchise ended.

He’s very smart and very well-read. Really kind of dark and embroiled in his emotions. You can see he’s potentially a recluse. A very famous, wealthy recluse who loves to read. I think we’re going to see a lot more from him. I don’t think he’s going to fall to the classic [path] of Child Actor Who Can’t Get To The Next Level.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I like that Dan takes chances with first time directors

Quote:
You can see he’s potentially a recluse. A very famous, wealthy recluse who loves to read.
He should play Howard Hughes some day.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that I like he picks first time directors.

I love how he loves to read.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I don't see him that way at all. Just because he's not into partying like the Hollywood young celebrities he's use to dealing with in his music videos doesn't mean Dan will be a reclusive loner. So what, he likes to read. How is that anti social?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess the director doesn't understand that there are different ways for a person to enjoy him/herself? Dan can be very social in a setting that is quieter than a drug fueled party.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think his definition of a reclusive loner is different? I don't think Dan would ever really.