Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2015, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Swiss Army Man

Swiss Army Man

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe will co-star in the off-beat dramedy ‘Swiss Army Man’ with Paul Dano and Mary Elizabeth Winstead in July 2015.

The film is being directed by duo Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert who also wrote the screenplay. Financing and producing duties will go to The Tadmor Group and Cold Iron Pictures.

The film, which launched at the Sundance Lab, centers on a hopeless man stranded in the wilderness who befriends a dead body; together, they go on a surreal journey to get home.

Further details on who’s playing who have yet to be announced, we’ll keep you updated in this point and of course on our super-fab-awesome Twitter.

— Exclusive Update: Shooting is set to begin 13 July 2015 in Northern California, USA.
This sounds pretty cool!
Old 06-30-2015, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I like the plot. It's quirky just like Dan. It can be like his Castaway. Looks like he'll be keeping the beard a while longer.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

It does sound funny.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

heh, that'll be the movie poster.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

If 20th Century Fox was distributing it, I wouldn't doubt it.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

It definitely could be.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 07-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I like the interesting title print. Looks scary.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes it really does look a bit scary.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Apparently its part musical too.

Quote:
EN: Oh awesome! I know you’re really into movies so that must be a dream come true.

AH: That’s exactly it! I had no idea what I was going to do this year, which is weird because I’ve always had it planned out. And then my friends who did the Simple Math video, the DANIELS, they’re two guys named Daniel, got a movie deal. They did this Sundance Lab thing and they asked me to write all of the music for it. It’s kind of part musical and it’s a really crazy experience. We’re pretty deep into that.

EN: Is it mostly instrumental.

AH: There’s actually no instruments on it. It’s all vocals.

EN: Wow that sounds really cool, I’m really excited to hear that. What is the movie called?

AH: It’s called Swiss Army Man.

EN: Man, that sounds really interesting.

AH: It’s been the coolest music I’ve ever made, because it’s so out there. All we use is our voice and body, there’s like body percussion and stuff.

EN: How deep are you into the process? Is it done?

AH: No it’s not done yet. We’re going to be working on it pretty much all year. It hasn’t been filmed yet, so we have to write as they go along because the actors are going to be singing a lot of it.

EN: It sounds like a really immersive experience. A lot of times for score work or soundtrack work you get the scene already filmed and you write to that.

AH: Exactly, so this is cool because we’re like reading the first draft of the script and then writing stuff and then reading the second draft and we’re writing things that affect the script. It’s a total dream come true. It was like “What am I going to do this year?” and then this came it’s like “I’ll do the one thing I’ve been dying to do and just haven’t had the opportunity.”
Extreme Nonchalance
Old 07-04-2015, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

it'll be awesome to hear Dan singing again. And it'll be acapella so his voice won't be drowned out
Old 07-05-2015, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

It sounds so completely bizarre! Definitely another indie film where it won't get much film distribution.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

*crossing fingers it goes to Sundance*
Old 07-08-2015, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Character names revealed for #SwissArmyMan! Daniel Radcliffe will play Cliff, Paul Dano is Kent and Mary Elizabeth Winstead is Amber!
Old 07-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Cliff, huh. He looks like he can be a Cliff.