Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2016, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Is that a famous statue on the playbill taking a selfie?
Old 08-03-2016, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don' know if its famous or not. It looks old though so maybe.

Quote:
Daniel discussed the limits of Privacy with James Graham (Privacy), Jon Ronson (journalist and author of So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed), and Sherry Turkle (professor and author of Reclaiming Conversation: The Power of Talk in the Digital Age) yesterday during Public Forum’s A conversation about Privacy at The Public Theater in New York.

Some Tweets from @PublicForumNY can be read below. A few clips will be shared over the rest of the week. When those are online I’ll add them below too.

And here we go! Michael Friedman bounds out to introduce the evening - A Conversation on Privacy - and our amazing panel

Joining Michael tonight is @jonronson, @STurkle, @mrJamesGraham, and Daniel Radcliffe!

Rounds of applause for every member of the panel - this crowd is EXCITED!

.@mrJamesGraham talks about the genesis of Privacy (the play) - from its U.K. origins to its U.S. version.

HA! Daniel and @mrJamesGraham “coincidentally” wore the same thing to the opening of PRIVACY. Who’s playing who on what stage?!?

Daniel points out that audiences LOVE seeing their stuff up on screen during the show - despite it being an invasion of privacy, ostensibly.

.@STurkle points out that ppl seem to be okay with no privacy on the ‘net - until you ask them about specifics. “Oh, no, not THAT part!”

There are services now that help you bury/hide/destroy things online - to beat the Google algorithm, for example.

“What is intimacy without privacy? What is *democracy* without privacy?” - heavy questions from @STurkle

“The fact of sharing starts to silence our voices” - @STurkle #PublicForum

Daniel mentions how not having an email address is now, weirdly, a kind of major individual rebellion. Think about THAT for a minute.

Playwright @mrJamesGraham is discussing how privacy is about choosing what you share, and we’re losing that choice #PublicForum

Companies can BUY your data. And there’s nothing in place to prevent it - or worse things. Feels a little like a horror movie, doesn’t it?

Thanks to @STurkle, @mrJamesGraham, @jonronson, Daniel Radcliffe, Michael Friedman, @PublicTheaterNY, @saybarra, and YOU! #publicforum

A very special thanks to those who tweeted along tonight. An eerie night for such a successful livetweet, but it sure was fun. #publicforum
Old 08-03-2016, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Daniel mentions how not having an email address is now, weirdly, a kind of major individual rebellion. Think about THAT for a minute.
This would be an interesting experiment, trying to go a week without using email, or checking email, or putting an email address into a website when prompted. It's impossible. Like, when you first join the internet, the first thing you do is create an email.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:16 PM
Total Fan

I've gone a few days without checking mine but as far as sending en email it's rare I send one. I mostly use it to get notified of bill payments and anything i've ordered.
Dan wishing me Happy birthday =WIN!
MischiefManaged1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wouldn't have a job if I didn't check my email. I'm financially dependent on electronic communication for my work. Its fine for Dan I guess because he has an assistant to do all that for him but the rest of us don't.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I wouldn't have a job if I didn't check my email.
Same.

The only time I don't check my email or send one is if I'm on vacation.

I want to be Dan's assistant
Old 08-04-2016, 09:00 AM
Total Fan

Yeah there are a lot of jobs out there that wouldn't be possible without it. My job in a way has to have one cause we need an email to sign up for the app we have to check our schedules and that type of thing.

My mother doesn't have email and my late father never had one either. Neither could use a computer.
Dan wishing me Happy birthday =WIN!
MischiefManaged1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
My mother doesn't have email and my late father never had one either. Neither could use a computer.
That's endearing to me.

My grandmother is always asking me to "look stuff up on the computer." She doesn't know any search engine names.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

My dad uses google even when he doesn't have to. He always thinks that the place you have to start to find a website.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

awwww, that's cute too.

there was a sitcom where the mom thought when going to google you had to phrase your question with, "hello, google, can you please tell me xxxxxxxx Thank you." Does your dad do that too?
Old 08-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is pretty cute.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 08-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I like how they keep in touch,
Old 08-08-2016, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Daniel Radcliffe gets rave reviews as play Privacy hits New York | Celebrity News | Showbiz | London Evening Standard

Quote:
“I’ve had one of the greatest experiences working with Daniel. For someone still young, he’s an incredible leading actor.

“He’s kind and intelligent and engaged but he’s also got a great analytical mind for a show that has a phenomenal amount of material in it but also requires him to do a huge amount of improvising.

"He has to do the date scenes differently [where audience members are brought on stage in an improvised date situation with Radcliffe’s charater] every night. He’s an unbelievably great improviser. I’d work with him again at the drop of a hat.”

Radcliffe, 27, received great reviews for his sixth theatre gig in nine years, as did the production. New York Times critic Ben Brantley wrote Privacy was “one of New York’s hottest tickets. Makes you say WOW again and again!”
Old 08-08-2016, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I want to see him improvise.