Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2005, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat
ETA: I've updated the opening post now. JKR quotes galore. My my she sure does like talking about her favourite couple doesn't she?
She does, indeed.

Thanks so much for adding those to the opening post, Amy. Looks great.

Honestly, if you read the numerous quotes JKR has made over the years regarding H/G, you can see a distinct pattern where she was methodically telling us it was going to be H/G in the end. I love it.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

And we knew it. Sorry I'm right now at a loss for words. I just got my first glimps of Dan with short hair and my minds a little fussy. He looks so much older.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks baileycat for adding the JKR quotes to the intro. I could read them over and over again.

And what's this about a new pick of Dan with short hair that makes him look older?

Old 10-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here's the shot I was talking about Houston. My bad for not posting a link. I think he looks hot.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Mmm, he looks good there. Wow, he looks great, actually! I love Dan with shorter hair, that's for sure.

Thanks for the link, Amy.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah he does. Apparently it's grown out somewhat according to Jenna from dr.com but still. Shorter is better in my books.

So I read that the soundtrack titles have been released and there's a song called Neville's Waltz. I assume this means Neville and Ginny get a spotlight somewhat during the Yule ball with their dance. I can only pray we see a reaction, any reaction will do, from Harry. *crosses fingers* Even if it's him smiling as she dancing by him with Neville the Dancing King I'll be happy. I'd be even more happy if we got an angsty reaction from either of them but I know that's not realistic to hope for so I won't indulge myself.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Oh man, I pray we get a reaction from Harry. You would think we would. They aren't going to let this opportunity slip by without inserting something in there that gives us a slight clue about H/G.

Angsty reactions from either of them would be most excellent. Yeah, that might be hoping for way too much.

I just want a reaction, any reaction, from Harry.

Regarding Dan's hair.. Yes, shorter is so much better for him. I do not necessarily love the longer hair he is sporting as Harry in the GoF movie. It's okay, but I certainly prefer the shorter hair on him.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah he does. Apparently it's grown out somewhat according to Jenna from dr.com but still. Shorter is better in my books.

So I read that the soundtrack titles have been released and there's a song called Neville's Waltz. I assume this means Neville and Ginny get a spotlight somewhat during the Yule ball with their dance. I can only pray we see a reaction, any reaction will do, from Harry. *crosses fingers* Even if it's him smiling as she dancing by him with Neville the Dancing King I'll be happy. I'd be even more happy if we got an angsty reaction from either of them but I know that's not realistic to hope for so I won't indulge myself.
It might just be...

Spoiler:
Old 10-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hmm, I wondered about Neville's Waltz too. Amy, that idea is beyond cute! I'm hoping for something like that.

Quote:
I've seen pictures of Neville in pyjama's praticing waltzing by himself. It would probably be that as I don't see how they can 'spotlight' Neville and Ginny at the ball with so much other stuff going on.
Yeah that's a good point. I'm not sure. But if it was just for the scene where he's dancing by himself in his PJs...hm, I don't know, I just don't know why they would have a whole song for him waltzing across the room or something. When I saw that PJ pic I just thought it was a picture of a passing moment, like maybe Ron and Harry pass a desperately practicing Neville while they're discussing a plot point or something. I would certainly love Amy's suggestion, with them highlighting Neville and Ginny. That would be , especially with Harry's reaction - which we can't expect to be jealous, really, since, hehe, that's for later days, but I mean, come on, something. Then again it could just be that scene of him dancing by himself...OR, remember how in some reviews people said Neville had the best time and he returned to the tower really late, still dancing? Maybe it's that. Ah, who knows! (<-- completely useless paragraph, LOL!)

Either way, GoF can definitely not come soon enough.

LittleMilkJug - just noticed your sig and had to edit my post to say how much I love it! Very true and well-worded, hehe.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Pointless post except to also give major props to you LittleMilkJug for your most excellent sig.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Oh yes, I have to jump in here and mention the awesome sig. Love it, love it, love it.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Addicted Fan

LittleMilkJug, your sig is awesome. I'm loving Elizabeth's also.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Elizabeth you have to keep adding to your sig list as the entire cast weighs in on their feelings about H/G. No doubt they all love it. I can't wait to get Emma's thoughts on the subject. That would be killer.
And I'm pretty sure I'm repeating myself again here.

Is anyone else nervous about the OotP film? After getting enough reassuring evidence about GOF now my worries are with OotP. I know its a good sign that the script was being tweaked because of HBP but the director is not the most experienced with film let alone the pressure of a film franchise like HP. And it has such vital subtleties regarding H/G. I hope he can pull it off.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Elizabeth you have to keep adding to your sig list as the entire cast weighs in on their feelings about H/G. No doubt they all love it. I can't wait to get Emma's thoughts on the subject. That would be killer.
And I'm pretty sure I'm repeating myself again here.

Is anyone else nervous about the OotP film? After getting enough reassuring evidence about GOF now my worries are with OotP. I know its a good sign that the script was being tweaked because of HBP but the director is not the most experienced with film let alone the pressure of a film franchise like HP. And it has such vital subtleties regarding H/G. I hope he can pull it off.
For it to work, they need to ease off on Hermione and Ron, just a bit, and put not just Ginny but Neville and Luna too, front and centre. I am worried that they will give Ginny's attitude and lines, and Luna's spaceyness (and lines) to Hermione Now don't get me wrong, I adore book Hermione, she is one of my favorite characters but I honestly can't blame a lot of people who are H/H shippers, when you think that the films are so 'Pink Hermione' centric. I think that all the touchy touchyness they put between Harry and Hermione in the films has confused many people. If they give Ginny the usual one (two if we are lucky) lines in OoTP, then their (Harry/Ginny) romance won't work in an HBP film.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:46 AM
Master Fan

Just jumping in here because right now I dont have time to read all your posts (which I am sure are all excellent).

On the note of when I first started to like H/G: the second book, when Harry went to stay at the Weasley house, I found it sweet how Ginny obviously liked him and he was nice enough not to point out to everyone she was doing silly things like putting her elbow in her the butter dish... COS just enforced my liking for them.

With regard to OoTP; the film really needs to have some sort of indication of what is to come with G/H. If once again there is too much of Harry/Hermione the whole interaction of G/S in HBP will look totally as if it has come from nowhere. Basically the situation needs to be handled carefully and I hope the Director is up to it, as long as JKR is there to give plenty of in-put I think it will be ok.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread