Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

I never understood the whole H/Hr being canon.. If they could be canon, then so could Draco/Hermione ( ) and that would make my day.. Draco/Hermione, Ginny/Harry, Ron/Pansy.. PERFECT.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well it's actually a very simple concept to grasp. Harry and Hermione's friendship is CANON their romance is FANON. Some people understand that quite amicably and others....well others are taking their time "adjusting". I'm sure they'll get there eventually, we just have to be patient with them until they do. At times they don't make it easy for us but it's a work in progress.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Beautiful way to put it, Amy.

Okay, some added additions that they could incorporate in the OotP movie to further promote the H/G future romance..

Like, Hannah, I don't necessarily love added extras in the movies that, as a result, end up straying from the books. However, I also understand the necessity of these additions as they are pertinent to moving along storylines within the restricted couple of hours that is only available for each film. Knowing that this pattern has existed in every film, I am welcoming some added extras for Harry/Ginny.

Lets see..

I think it would be great to see more in depth reactions from both Harry and Ginny, regarding their love interests in Cho and Michael. The spec is that Michael/Ginny might be cut out completely from OotP movie, but if there is at least a mention through words of their romance, it would be nice to see a more exaggerated reaction on Harry's part to the news. Sort of how it went down in the books, but with more flavor.

For example, Harry could be shown as being deep in thought whenever it's revealed. He could almost appear to be in a somewhat "confused" state.. Almost a borderline jealousy type of reaction. The same goes for Ginny.. They could create a scenario where Ginny sees Harry/Cho in passing, and we see Ginny's jealous reaction.. Maybe even have Harry, himself, view Ginny's jealous reaction and then the camera immediately pans on back to Harry, who seems flustered in response to seeing Ginny's jealous reaction.

In other words, almost creating a semi-triangle of sorts.

Another thing that Hannah mentioned that I entirely agree with is just the notion of having Ginny's presense very well known and penetrating to the audience. Possibly, showing her with the trio quite a bit more.. Hitting home the "foursome" and creating some insinuations that the two pairings of the series are H/G and R/Hr and showing them together a bit more. In addition, maybe showing how both "pairings" relate to each other in the same way where they have the bantering/bickering very well present.

Quidditch could be another way to promote the H/G future romance. Maybe, have H/G embrace in a hug after a match, and show some slight tension between them. One or both of them could pull away rather quickly, like Harry did in HBP.. Or, just showing both of their expressions where they do seem a bit uncomfortable and it's certainly well apparent that it isn't about an innocent situation.

Lastly, another way would be to really crank up a high voltage on the H/G bantering/bickering whenever they are at the Ministry. Hike it up to a R/Hr type of level where it is intense and ever so powerful. In the book, JKR showed a softened but prevalent H/G bantering/bickering whenever they were at the Ministry. Turning it up to a higher voltage would be very expressive and quite telling.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I'm starting to believe that Michael will be cut out completely. It might not happen but I'm wondering if they'll just jump to Dean courting Ginny in OotP instead. Saving them actually going out until HBP.

Before HBP was released, I always had the visual in mind that Ginny would accidentally catch Harry and Cho's first kiss in the film. They don't know she's there and she runs away hurt. Then I read the Lavender/Ron/Hermione scene in HBP and thought, well they can't do that twice. But I would like to get a glimps of her still languishing in love for him just a little bit more (I angst). Then they can show her with Dean trying to move on.

But I like Michelle and Hannah's suggestion of quidditch talk. I would love to see Harry and Ginny have that conversation about Ginny winning the game but that the position of Seeker is Harry's as soon as he's allowed back. I think it's important to show that bonding moment and to emphasis that Harry's not threatened by her and that they're supportive of each other. One of their shared smiles would be really sweet.

A nose to nose confrontation at the DOM would also be great to see. Creating some UST that's just simmering under the surface, that's not quite ready to be acknowledged yet but the audience will pick up on it loud and clear.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:26 AM
Total Fan

I can't wait till HBP, it's going to be so good. Oh, baileycat can you add me to this list too pleas luv?
I love the way Ginny has grown as a character, and I especially love her in OotP and HBP. She reminds me a bit of me, the sarcasm mainy.

And on the cold wet dirt I cry.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:09 AM
Passionate Fan

What scenes do they need in OoTP?

Hmm that is a very good question. First put me on the train of thought that Michael Corner may be cut out in favor of Dean or perhaps even Neville or no one. If they are going to keep that storyline with Michael then I highly doubt he will be seen. It may be more like Harry hears from Hermione that Ginny is dating someone else.

What really needs to be in OoTP more than anything else, is a greater presence of Ginny and a fleshing out of her character much like JKR did in the book so that the audience gets to know her and recognize her as the wonderful spitfire she is. I don't think they need to "add" scenes to do this only expand on or highlight on scenes JKR wrote in the book. More scenes with the Fab Four would help as well as more scenes with just Harry. I don't think they need to expand on Ginny's crush on Harry because we all know that and it has been established. But they need to work on Harry showing that he sees Ginny as a person separate from being Ron's little sister. I think a friendship needs to develop between H/G which has nothing to do with Ron or Hermione. These two already have connections to Ginny (Ron being her brother and Hermione being a friend). But Ginny up until OoTP was just Ron's little sister who had a crush on Harry. That whole notion needs to be tossed out the window and the next chapter in their "relationship" needs to begin. Harry just needs to see her in a different light. If this can happen then HBP movie will be a piece of cake and flow much better.

If you remember OoTP is the book where Harry grows the most IMO. Its the bridge that links the innocent Harry of GOF to the more adult like Harry in HBP. He goes through this rebellous phase in OoTP which have dire consequences. Harry literally has to start to change in OoTP and his recognition of Ginny is part of that.

I do think the script changes are going to reflect a move to H/G and getting the audience (who are not book readers) to start considering the possibility of H/G.

They also need to show a definate beginning of Harry's relationship with Cho as well as a definate ending in Harry's feelings for her just like in the book. There was no doubt by the end of OoTP that Harry thought Cho was a wack job. And that his crush was definately over with.

Going back to Dan.... I literally can't wait to see Dan play Harry as the pissy little snot Harry was in OoTP. I loved Harry in OoTP because he was so different. The movie should give Dan some great stuff to work with. Not to mention give the audience a chance to see Bonnie do her stuff.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great points Houston

Lysha you've been added.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat
Great points Houston

Lysha you've been added.
Thanks luv

Old 10-03-2005, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

I'd like to be added.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Total Fan

hey Alea!!

Old 10-03-2005, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

Hey! God, this board kicks ass.. Love it. I was just looking at Harry/Ginny drawings the other day.. I can't wait for HBP.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sure thing Alea. You're welcome on our other thread too over at the HP board. Two for the price of one list sign up. Can't beat it.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Total Fan

HBP is going to be sooo good. I ahve been rootin for them to get togather since day 1!

Old 10-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It's great to see the new posters over here on this thread. Yes, as Amy said, come on over to our thread on the HP board as well. We would love to see all of you over there.

Great post, Houston.

I still cannot get over how incredible and promising it is to know that they are tweaking the OotP script. This is a complete no brainer that this means great stuff for H/G.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh wow, I think maybe I'll be much more interested in seeing the movie now.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread