Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2005, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Leos H/G: Dan loved HBP = Dan loved Harry and Ginny = We love Dan!

Welcome to the official Leo thread everyone. Home of Harry James Potter and his beautiful bride to be Ginevra Molly Weasley.

Please take time to vote for which banner you'd like to see as our official Dan Radcliffe/Leo thread banner.
1)

2)

3)

We think Leo (the astrological sign of the lion) is a great representation of Harry and Ginny and here's why:
1) Both are Leos: Harry was born on July 31st and Ginny was born on Aug 11th
2) Both are Gryffindor (Lions) students and quidditch team members
3) Both have firery spirits that seem to complement each other perfectly

If these don't say match made in heaven, then heaven must not exist.

The Leo List
121 members to date
~A~
86amanda86 • acousticmelody • Alea • Amy_Amélie • andrea • **Andrea** • AngelDevil • Angelic pixie • angelina.wood • Anla • anne86 • antillesrogue • Ashli • Atti's Angel
~B~
80sBabygirl • baileycat • bellle4u • bitterkidxsweety • Bloody Brilliant • blueangel • BlUe_EyEd_GoDdEsS1227 • BlushingAmbition • BreathofJasmine • Buckbeaky • BuffyAngelFan04 • Butterflygirl
~C~
Call me Del • Candygirl • Celebrian Saralonde • chandlerbingfan • Cheermione Silverstain • chilenita • chocomaro • ++Clara++ • ~ColieOlie~ • Courtie • *crazychick* • CurlyEm • cutejanam
~D~
~Daniel~ • Daphne Bell • *Dark_Angel*4eva • Darth Liz • DeeQ • Draco's Ginny • DreamerChild13 • dreamsingr • Dreamer who loves candy • Dr. Nick
~E~
Edhellen_Awartha • Elizabeth90 • *Elle* • EphramIsHot • Esther
~F~
frodobaggins07
~G~
Gilmoracholic • Ginny Loves Harry • Girlfriend • _gloria • Go Huskers! • Gosling Fan
~H~
HalesNLuke • HaveALittleFaith • Houston
~I~
iamFez • iLuVsPiKeNmiLo224 • inzaghina • IriSka • izzylizzrd
~J~
- Jade • Jade Stellar • Jelenbean • jjlover01
~K~
kewljules • KidChinoNaley23
~L~
Lana_Llama • Oº°‘¨Laura¨‘°ºO • .*.~.Laura.~.*. • lenfaz • Leo-4-Life • lh2005 • Liz 01 • Living Dead Girl • lucero • Luinélwen
~M~
magicman • *Mana* • *Maria* • *Mariana* • miSStakentriSh • Mini-Mo • m&m fkan
~N~
Neila • neko_chan • nesscafe
~O/P~
Pavlov's Belle • Peaches04 • PerKikiy • PixiePink
~Q/R~
Rainstorm18 • rapunzelchick • RavenSpriteEnigma • ReachOut
~S~
SirenSong • SkidoCat • slayerette14 • sofreshsidekick • starlightMint • StarVixen • StellarStar
~T~
taressa05 • Tashi • The Maria
~U/V~
Verbi • Victoria Secret
~W~
White Lady of Rohan • will_witch • Wilpen
~X/Y/Z~
Joanne Kathleen Rowling *honorary member*
Chris Rankin (Percy) *honorary member*

What J.K. Rowling says about Harry and Ginny

JKR Q&A (pre-HBP)
(Red Nose Day Chat) Q: Will Harry ever notice the long-suffering Ginny Weasley?
JKR: You'll see... poor Ginny, eh?

(Dec, 2000 Time Magazine Interview) Q: And what about Ginny (Ron's younger sister?)
JKR: Poor Ginny, languishing in love for Harry, and he's merrily asking out other girls right under her nose! But that's just a boy thing."

(Online Chat 04/03/2004) Q: Do you plan for Ginny to take on a major character role in the next two books?
JKR: Well, now that Ginny has stopped being mute in Harry's presence I think you can see that she is a fairly forceful personality (and she always has been, remember Ron saying that she 'never shuts up' in Chamber of Secrets)?

TLC and Mugglenet's interview with JKR -July 16th, 2005
MA: Did Ginny send Harry the valentine?
JKR: Yeah, bless her.
MA: Was it a Tom Riddle thing, or Ginny Weasley?
JKR: No, Ginny Weasley.
MA: Well, she got paid back for it.
JKR: [laughs] Eventually.
MA: I think you set that up from the train compartment scene [in book one], where he was watching — all the relationships, that scene probably set it up.
JKR: I think so. I hope so. So you liked Harry/Ginny, did you, when it happened?
ES: We've been waiting for this for years!
JKR: Oh, I'm so glad.
MA: Oh my gosh, that kiss!
JKR: Yeah.
ES: It actually materialized!
JKR: It actually happened, I know! I felt a little bit like that.
MA: Had you been trying to get them —
JKR: Well I always knew that that was going to happen, that they were going to come together and then part.
ES: Were you always -----ing it? [We can’t figure out what Emerson actually said here.]
JKR: Well, no, not really, because the plan was, which I really hope I fulfilled, is that the reader, like Harry, would gradually discover Ginny as pretty much the ideal girl for Harry. She's tough, not in an unpleasant way, but she's gutsy. He needs to be with someone who can stand the demands of being with Harry Potter, because he's a scary boyfriend in a lot of ways. He's a marked man. I think she's funny, and I think that she's very warm and compassionate. These are all things that Harry requires in his ideal woman. But, I felt — and I'm talking years ago when all this was planned — initially, she's terrified by his image. I mean, he's a bit of a rock god to her when she sees him first, at 10 or 11, and he's this famous boy. So Ginny had to go through a journey as well. And rather like with Ron, I didn’t want Ginny to be the first girl that Harry ever kissed. That's something I meant to say, and it's kind of tied in.

One of the ways in which I tried to show that Harry has done a lot of growing up — in “Phoenix,” remember when Cho comes into the compartment, and he thinks, ‘I wish I could have been discovered sitting with better people,’ basically? He's with Luna and Neville. So literally the identical thing happens in “Prince,” and he's with Luna and Neville again, but this time, he has grown up, and as far as he's concerned he is with two of the coolest people on the train. They may not look that cool. Harry has really grown. And I feel that Ginny and Harry, in this book, they are total equals. They are worthy of each other. They've both gone through a big emotional journey, and they've really got over a lot of delusions, to use your word, together. So, I enjoyed writing that. I really like Ginny as a character.

Harry/Ginny Fanfiction Recomendations:

By Alphie:
With or Without You - Ginny's disappeared from the wizarding world. Can Harry find her? Will he discover the secret she kept from him for years?

By Anya:
Naked Quidditch Match - A game of magical Truth or Dare leads to some dire consequences for the Gryffindor Quidditch team.

By Arabella and Zsenya:
After the End - It's the summer after seventh year, and Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and the rest of the wizarding world must learn to live without fear.

By Emlizanne:
Remember Me - Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny are four friends with a special bond. But when tragedy strikes, two of their number are torn away - one Cursed, one fled without a trace. Then one day, out of the blue, the deserter returns, with a whole lot of explaining to do...

By Alphie:
Quills and Ink Bottles - Mrs. Weasley has a unique talk with Ginny about her developing relationship with Harry

By Aeterna:
Bridge Over Troubled War - Ginny has Harry's best interests at heart, her mothers best chocolates at hand, and a determination to get through to a friend in need. The wonderful "Chocolate in the Library" scene from Ginny's POV

By Portkey:
Icon - Harry has his first happy Halloween, thanks to Ginny.

By LaFeeMechante:
Jenny When someone you love dies, are they really ever gone? When somebody you care for passes on, have they really left you forever?

By Sciens Mulier
A Particularly Happy Hour …Harry was sitting beside the window in the common room, supposedly finishing his Herbology homework but in reality reliving a particularly happy hour he had spent down by the lake with Ginny at lunchtime…” The missing HBP moment!

Harry and Ginny Sites:

Sink Into Your Eyes great fanfiction archive

Fate Official H/G Fanlisting

Giving Her the Power The Characterization of Harry/Ginny (essay) by Red Monster

You're Still The One A Harry & Ginny Fan Art Site

The Harry/Ginny Workshop - A Workshop to hone your skills for H/G output whether it be essays, debating, fanfiction, art, digital art or video editing. This site contains spoilers for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

Our Favourite HBP scene: Chapter 24
Harry looked around; there was Ginny running towards him; she had a hard, blazing look in her face as she threw her arms around him. And without thinking, without planning it, without worrying about the fact that fifty people were watching, Harry kissed her.
After several long moments – or it might have been half an hour – or possibly several sunlit days – they broke apart. The room had gone very quiet. Then several people wolf-whistled and there was an outbreak of nervous giggling. Harry looked over the top of Ginny's head to see Dean Thomas holding a shattered glass in his hands and Romilda Vane looking as though she might throw something. Hermione was beaming, but Harry's eyes sought Ron. At last he found him, still clutching the Cup and wearing an expression appropriate to having been clubbed over the head. For a fraction of a second they looked at each other, then Ron gave a tiny jerk of the head that Harry understood to mean, "Well – if you must."
The creature in his chest roaring in triumph, Harry grinned down at Ginny and gestured wordlessly out of the portrait hole. A long walk in the grounds seemed indicated, during which – if they had time – they might discuss the match.

Artwork by Marta

Chapter 25
The fact that Harry Potter was going out with Ginny Weasley seemed to interest a great number of people, most of them girls, yet Harry found himself newly and happily impervious to gossip over the next few weeks. After all, it made a very nice change to be talked about because of something that was making him happier than he could remember being for a very long time, rather than because he had been involved in horrific scenes of Dark magic.
"You'd think people had better things to gossip about," said Ginny, as she sat on the common-room floor, leaning against Harry's legs and reading the Daily Prophet. "Three Dementor attacks in a week, and all Romilda Vane does is ask me if it's true you've got a Hippogriff tattooed across your chest."
Ron and Hermione both roared with laughter. Harry ignored them.
"What did you tell her?"
"I told her it's a Hungarian Horntail," said Ginny, turning a page of the newspaper idly. "Much more macho."
"Thanks," said Harry, grinning. "And what did you tell her Ron's got?"
"A Pygmy Puff, but I didn't say where."
Ron scowled as Hermione rolled around laughing.

Artwork by Marta

But Ron's tolerance was not to be tested much as they moved into June, for Harry and Ginny's time together was becoming increasingly restricted. Ginny's O.W.L.s were approaching and she was therefore forced to revise for hours into the night. On one such evening, when Ginny had retired to the library and Harry was sitting beside the window in the common room, supposedly finishing his Herbology homework but in reality reliving a particularly happy hour he had spent down by the lake with Ginny at lunch-time, Hermione dropped into the seat between him and Ron...

Artwork by Marta

PM me if you want to be added to our list.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

So glad to see this thread I vote for number 1 as the banner; though they are all beautiful.

HBP for me will always be about these two finally becoming an item, and even though they split up by the end - it was because he really cared about her and I have confidence that it is nowhere near the end of their story.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

YAY! Thank you, Amy, for starting this thread over here. I love to see another H/G thread, while also supporting the Dan lovin' in the process. As for the banners... So hard to choose, they're all beautiful! I think I'll have to go with Number 1 too, however.

Oh, and GREAT title, BTW. Completely, completely true.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

I like banner number one too.

When I read HBP, I totally shipped Harry/Ginny.. Then I game to the HP board, found the Draco/Hermione thread, and they became my number one ship.. but i'm still looking around for some great fanfic, because I do think these too make a beautiful couple. That quote from the book get me every time

And without thinking, without planning it, without worrying about the fact that fifty people were watching, Harry kissed her.

Old 10-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh wow, the opening post is GORGEOUS
Old 10-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

LOVE the new thread! I think the title is perfect!

About the banners- I like 1 and 3......

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 10-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Total Fan

Yay, a Leo thread on the new Dan board!

I'll definitely be posting later on both Leo threads

I need to catch up!

Fez.

Harry x Ginny | Snow x Charming | Neal x Emma | Castle x Beckett | Clark x Lois
Tumblr
Old 10-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

I love the opening post!
Old 10-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oooh I don't wanna pick, why can't we leave all the banners there ?
Old 10-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Amy, do you even know how much you rock? Seriously, thank you so, so, so much for starting this thread over here! It only seems fitting that you would be our Leo to start the thread for us over here. Thanks again. And the thread title? The best, simply the best, did I mention it was the best?

This thread title is as fitting and perfect as can be. So much so, I would even vote for this thread title to be our thread title for many threads to come!

Thanks again, and yes, guys, we need to post at both places for sure. Dan's "Harry's" true love CANON pairing is Harry/Ginny. For that, not only are we overjoyed but beyond excited that this is the REALITY.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cool. Thanks guys.

Just as I was posting here this morning my computer crapped out on me. Well my internet explorer crapped out and I had to borrow a copy of my friends OSX to reinstall. Sad thing is all my favourites are gone now as well as all my email adresses in my outlook program. Sucks!

Anyway, I am back, I think.

And there is nothing like the uber wonderfulness of CANON shipping. Because in the end we will see that kiss become reality.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Total Fan

Found a loffly song that reminds me of H/G:

"Pretty Green Eyes" by Ultrabeat

Pretty green eyes
So full of sparkle and such light
Let me remin
You chose not to cry
It's all right
For your lover has come home
By your side I'll always stay
Never have to be alone

Pretty green eyes
So full of wonder and despair
It's all right to cry
For I'll be there to wipe your tears
And in your arms
Together we're in paradise
And it's so nice
You'll never have to be alone

Never have to be, never have to be
Never have to be, never have to be alone

Pretty green eyes
So full of sparkle and such light
Let me remind
You chose not to cry
It's all right
For your lover has come home
By your side I'll always stay
Never have to be alone

I think the intro is loffly, too; And I also think the title is cute.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Awww, thanks for bringing that song over, Natalie.

Amy, yes, CANON = happiness. Isn't it refreshing to know that we are celebrating a pairing that is all about CANON? It's such a great place to be. I knew once OotP hit, our CANON dreams were soon to come true. Boy, was it a great payoff in HBP! I still cannot get over how awesome it is that H/G, along with R/Hr, were JKR's true love pairings all along.

I look back at all of JKR's past interviews and she was pretty much doing everything short of screaming out, "it's Harry/Ginny, people!"

It's great to be a Leo. It really is.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

See, I don't really mind if a ship is canon or not...I think it's just a plus...it just has to feel right for me. The two characters have to have a connection and I need to relate to that, that's what makes me love a ship. I feel that way about HG, HHr, RHr...being canon, well, I take it as a bonus, honestly
Old 10-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lovely song!

Well we've got our first protest to us being here on this board. Which is ridiculous but I'm not surprised. Doesn't matter though. Our title says it all. Dan is one half of a beautiful fictional pairing. It's canon and people who refuse to deal with it are just loosing out and completely missing the point of JKR intention of a real romantic love. It one thing to not like it, but to deny that it has a right to exist? Pft. whatever dude.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top