Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's good news.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

DR.co.uk is reporting to today that Ricky Gervais' show Extras begins filming today. And hopefully that means we'll be getting some updates about Dan's appearance on the show soon. Dan's on hiatus from the OotP filming because he's studying for his school exams and after that he'll take a mini vacation which could mean he'll be using part of that that free time to film his bit on Extras.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

That will be great. Looking forward to seeing if he will.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Lina, I know you don't live in my province but I just thought I'd give you the heads up since we live in the same country and there might be a slight chance of you seeing this aswell. I just watched the first episode of Extras season 1 on tv here. On regular tv. Not cable or HBO. Here's a link to the channel that it was on. It was on at 8:30 est. And the website says it has a vancouver station too, so if you can get that station, tune in. It's totally worth it. You'll get to see what kind of show Dan's going to be working on. And hopefully that means we'll get to see it soon here too. How awesome would that be!?
Old 06-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

Sorry for my ignorance but I also live in the same country and I've never seen this show... What's it about? I know Ricky Gervais but what sort of show does he do? What's it about? Is it on cable? Digital TV? Satellite?

Oh. I'm in Quebec, by the way.

I guess I'll have to rely on you guys' reports and/or description of Dan's appearance.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Darcy, I didn't know you were Canadian too. That's cool.

Extras is Ricky's new show that centers around him as an struggling actor who only seems to get extra work. It's hilarious. If you ever saw The Office, it has the same senibilities as that except it's not shot documentary style. In this show it follows Ricky to different film sets where celebrities make an appearance. Ben Stiller, Kate Winslet, Patrick Stewart have all guest appeared in the first season as 'themselves'. It's funny because it's written so that you see a different side to these likable actors. And Dan will be one of them in this next season. Ricky say's he'll be playing a Yob. - Which in my mind, I'm thinking is a spoiled brat who always gets his way and probably treats everyone around him really poorly. Basically the complete opposite to Dan's real personality. Should be a hoot.

I'm not sure Darcy if you can get it though. I'd check your local listings and see if is on the tv schedules in your province. I just found out last night about this myself so it's new to me too. And so far they've only aired the first episode of the first season. I'm thinking this is the summer programing, since there's not that many episodes to begin with. Not like North American shows where we have 22+ eps. The UK shows only have 10 or less. And since Dan's not going to be on until the second season, it might not be shown again until next summer, when they get the rights to air it over here. It's an HBO/BBC show so I was shocked to see it here in Canada on regular tv.

Last edited by baileycat; 06-08-2006 at 03:32 PM
Old 06-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the info, Amy! And yeah, it's really awesome we're fellow Canucks! Hey, Lina!

It sounds like a really cool show. I would love to see it but I don't think it's available where I live, unfortunately. I'll definitely check to make sure though.

Maybe it'll come out on DVD one day. I hope so anyway.

Dan's appearance on it should be fun. RG is such a funny man and Dan's got a great sense of humor, I'm sure they'll work well together and get on famously well.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm hoping for the DVD release too. I remember when Showcase had a mini The Office marathon to promote the show and I stayed up till 2 in the morning laughing my butt off. And I immediately went online and ordered the 2 seasons of the show on DVD at Amazon.com. When my brother, who I turned onto the show, told me about his new show Extras I was so excited. But then he said there wasn't any plans yet for NA DVD release. Now with it being broadcasted on HBO and now regular television, I'm thinking the chances are better now.

Oh and little canadian factoid. Ricky Gervais' grandfather was born in London, Ontario. He was interviewed on the CBC RadioOne a couple of months ago and said so. I thought that was pretty neat.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Amy Thank you. Yes I do get that channel so I'll get to see it too.

Darcy- it's awesome that you're canadian!!!!

I aslo hope it comes out on dvd and yes since its on other channels it does have a better chance.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Apparently it's not going to be on this Wednesday. I checked my tvguide for this week and Extras isn't there. Hopefully it will be back next week.

Remember that Smack Magazine poll for best boyfriend? Well, Dan got third and Rupert was 4th with Robert Patterson placing 6th. ~ Source: dr.co.uk
Old 06-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah!!! Dan is third. I'm glad that he is on it.

Okay Amy thanks for the info. I will keep on checking for it myself.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bringing this over here too since it pertains to Dan too.

Queen's Celebrations pic!

TLC.com says there's more to come soon hopefully.

Last edited by baileycat; 07-04-2006 at 06:10 AM
Old 06-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love the picture!!!

Thanks for the info.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

Really cool that 3 HP stars made it in the top 10 and the two principal young male actors were in the top 5! Way to go Dan, Rupe and Rob!

A video clip of the commercial which aired on the BBC yesterday for the Queen's Birthday tv broadcast special and the portion featuring Dan, Rupert, Emma and Matt is available to download at TLC.

Sorry I don't have the link right now.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here's the link. Video of the commercial

It's cute. I'm sick and tired of the complaints with the boys hair.

Plus someone over at TLC made a good point that the skit is geared towards young kids, so if it seems infantile and not OotP canon remember it's written by someone other than JKR. I'm going to watch it with an open mind and enjoy it for what it is.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread