Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2006, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Vote for Dan as best boyfriend at Smack!.uol.com.
Me thinks he's winning.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

DR.co.uk has posted a nice letter from a teacher for kids with Austims where she compliments Dan and his ability to influence and reach out to these kids. By just watching his performance they can identify with him.
Here's a little quote from it.
Quote:
"This is another testimony to the power that Daniel Radcliffe has brought to his character. It truly helps my ASD students look “normal” for a little while and that is more than some of their compatriots ever experience. Harry (Daniel) is bullied, grew up virtually friendless and unsure of himself. He just did not fit in; very much like Autism Spectrum youth. They really identify with the way Daniel portrays “their world.” As ASD people do not read body language or facial expressions this is a wonderful tribute to Daniel’s talent as an actor."
Old 05-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dan wins Gold OTTO Award! Source: dr.com

Quote:
Congratulations to Dan, who is now (finally!) the proud owner of a Gold OTTO! Readers of German magazine Bravo voted Dan as their "Filmstar männlich 2005" (Male Film Star of 2005) in the magazine's annual awards poll, beating Brad Pitt, and also voted HP co-star Emma Watson as their "Filmstar weiblich 2005" (Female Film Star of 2005). The awards were announced on the Bravo Supershow 2006 special, which aired on German TV last Saturday night.

Dan previously won Silver OTTO awards in 2001, 2002 and 2004, and a Bronze OTTO in 2003.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah!!! That's amazing news.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

Congrats to Dan on the award.

And that was a really nice letter that teacher wrote. It's really wonderful that he's able to reach these kids and influence their behavior in a really positive way.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dan with his Golden Otto Award

I think he looks awesome in this pic.

ETA:Goblet of Fire Attains Guinness World Record!

Quote:
The film, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, has attained the Guinness World Record for the fastest selling DVD of all time beating Shrek 2 and Star Wars:The Phantom Menace.

Goblet of Fire's DVD sold more than six copies a second the day it was released in the United Kingdom, 20th March, 2006, and sold more than 5 million copies on the first day of it's release in the United States, 7th March, 2006. The Guinness World Records book 2007 will be released in August 2006. Dan was presented with the certificate that accompanies the award at Leavesden Studios in April of this year. The picture plus a few comments from Dan will appear in the book. The books are published annually "per publication" year before the years end.
Source: dr.co.uk

Last edited by baileycat; 05-10-2006 at 07:20 AM
Old 05-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome news. I love the picture.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Bigger version of the pics for you guys

Dan with his Gold Otto award

Dan and Emma with their awards

Enjoy folks!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks so much Amy.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah man we need new Dan news.

In the meantime you can go here and vote for Dan and GOF at the Australian Nickelodean Kids Choice Awards.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay will do.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

from HPANA.com
Dan makes Teen People's Bubbling Under List
Quote:
Teen People have announced their annual '25 Hottest Stars Under 25' as well as their 'Bubbling Under' list of which Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe has been added. The 'Bubbling Under' list consists of actors that the publication believes are on the cusp of entering their '25 Hottest Stars Under 25' list.

Below is what the magazine said about Dan:

Little Harry Potter is growing up quickly! Now 15, the actor best known for bringing the beloved wizard to life on the big screen, is hard at work on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. That movie, the fifth in the Harry Potter series, is due in theaters next July. But he's more than just a one-trick wizard; he recently filmed the '60s-era movie December Boys, which follows four orphans as they escape from their orphanage. Look for that to be released later this year.

Additional actors on the ‘Bubbling Under’ list are Kate Bosworth, Sienna Miller, Mandy Moore, singers Rihanna, Jesse McCartney, Teddy Geiger and Australian group The Veronicas and tennis player Andy Roddick.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

Well, that's awesome! Good going, Dan! But... um... someone should tell them that Dan's 17 now... a long ways from 15... *snort*

[rant]
And I'm sorry for saying this, I don't mean to offend anyone 'cause I know this is the Dan board, but I'm really miffed that Rupert is not even on this list, whom also has a movie to be released later this year... and is one third of the Harry Potter movies' stars...

Sorry.
[/end of rant]

I'm really happy for Dan, though. And as Rupert is, he's certainly someone to keep our eye on in years to come.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Darcy- no worries. Rupert is definitley that should be on the list but I'm sure he'll be there soon.

Yeah to Dan though!!!! I'm very excited.