Old 09-10-2015, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Daniel Radcliffe endorses Jeremy Corbyn | Big Issue
Old 09-10-2015, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love what Dan had to say.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

This week we splash with Daniel Radcliffe. It’s a while since he was the most famous child actor in the world, but you can’t escape the incredible shadow of Harry Potter – and as he tells us, that’s not a bad thing. He also talks conspiracy theory around Donald Trump and explains why Corbyn has got him excited. It’s a very good interview.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Big Issue's interview

Daniel Radcliffe interview: "I don’t think that violent video games encourage violence" | Big Issue
Old 09-21-2015, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Will you be making your own films any time soon? I have written something that I’m working towards directing. But it is terrifying. I become aware of aspects of this industry that, despite working in it for a long time, I have no knowledge of. I am not going to rush but I would love to direct a film before I am 30. The idea of having to make a creative decision every second of the day is something I relish.
I really want Dan's first directing job to be great and praised so he does more. It's so nerve-wrecking
Old 09-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would be very excited to see his first directorial debut. I want it to be a greatly praised as well so good to see he is not rushing it.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

yes, not rushing into it is important. He needs to take his time and make it the best it can be.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly with his personality he would want it to be the best it can be which definitely takes time.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'd love it if he's the next Ben Affleck, winning awards for his directing.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

That would be amazing if he did.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

New online mag interview
Interview with Daniel Radcliffe - Young Plus magazine | Dubai | UAE
Old 10-06-2015, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

New online mag interview
Interview with Daniel Radcliffe - Young Plus magazine | Dubai | UAE

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe has swiftly changed his image from being the child actor who took over the world as Harry Potter to a quirky and edgy superstar who is always up for a challenge. Here are 15 exclusive questions answered by Mr Potter i.e. Daniel Radcliffe himself!

The prodigious on-screen Harry Potter, Daniel Radcliffe, has evolved as an actor and a human being. He is revered by his fans for his endearing quirkiness. YP catches up with the star to talk to him about the new Harry Potter prequels, social media and his upcoming movie Victor Frankenstein.
Is it true that there are more Harry Potter movies coming out? Would you ever pop up unannounced?

Not in there. Those are Harry Potter prequels, I believe. I feel that would be a very distracting thing. So I’m not popping up in there, but I’m excited to see them, especially with Eddie [Redmayne], he’s awesome. I think it will be fantastic.

Wouldn’t you take the chance if there was a slight possibility like Harrison Ford and Star Wars?
I know there have been big celebrity cameos in Star Wars, but I don’t think I’m at that stage yet. I’m sure they don’t want that, I don’t want that. These are separate films and I’m sure they want to keep it separate. I’m very excited for Eddie and I assume the crew is coming back and they were amazing. Hopefully he’ll get these questions from now on and not me (laughs), which I’ll be very happy about as well.

Has social media become important for marketing movies?
Maybe. I don’t have any social media account so probably no help from me. I guess it is, but I don’t think it’s important to make a good movie.

Was it a conscious decision not to have a social media account?
I just didn’t want it. All the people I see on Twitter, you never see, “Oh, I’m tweeting this is great.”
I always see, “Oh man, I got to do my Twitter.” It’s always like that, so I never feel like I’m missing out. It doesn’t seem like that much fun. But I don’t know, maybe I am.

Have you ever dressed up as somebody else so people wouldn’t know you were there?
I went as Spiderman last year to Comic Con (in San Diego, USA) and that was awesome. I think that was it. I didn’t put anything
together this year so I feel like a bit of a let down, but it was only my second year. I was much more comfortable this year. I know what I got into was not nearly as overwhelming and intense as everybody said it would be, so yeah I was okay there.

Did you walk around the Comic Con convention this time?
Not on the floor. I didn’t think it would be a good idea. Maybe in a few years.

What do you like so much about Comic Con?
This is the place where you see studios and those big companies competing to make the best and strongest connection with their fans. It’s very cool to have studios being competitive because it means you have six thousand people getting taken to a Star Wars concert or the director Zack Snyder driving the Batmobile. There are lot of cool and original things going on and yeah, it’s a lovely atmosphere. Everyone is really chill. It´s pure magic.

And what magic did you find this time telling the story of Frankenstein that people know so much about?
It’s kind of a gothic adventure movie. I think it’s a bit gothic for a horror. It has horror elements, but yeah, it’s basically a movie about Frankenstein. It’s the retelling of Frankenstein through the eyes of his assistant, Hunchback Igor, who I play. That’s the take in it; it’s the perspective of Igor and his monster’s craziness. As the fun goes on, it becomes an adventure movie, kind of a body-comedy-adventure movie set against the backdrop of making hybrids and trying to make possible out of nothing.

Hybrids?
There’s one scene where there’s a very cool creature; it’s actually one of my favorites. It’s a prototype for the monster we eventually make. It’s sort of the hybrid of a couple of other animals.

Is it based on the original book? Did you read the original Frankestein book growing up?
I’m not so much a fan of the book. I don’t really know the book. The film is nothing like the book…That seems like an argument that is still going on today with artificial intelligence or cloning. So that argument is still very relevant, we’re taking that from the book, but other than that, Igor, my character is not in the book, with all the Frankenstein stuff you love.

Is there a lot of violence?
It’s not like violent, violent. Most of the violence is done to me (laughs). Victor Frankenstein is very abusive to Igor and their relationship is also very loving, very full. There’s a kind of server and master relationship. James McAvoy is a very physical actor and I like being very physical as well, so I gave him permission to throw me around. You can see that in the first scene, it’s one of my favorite scenes in the movie.

Did you have any fear the first time you read the script?
There’s a bit of that. I think I’m a bit of a goner for punishment because I find myself thinking before I start a job. I’ll have a moment where I go, “Oh man, why am I stressing so much about this, why can’t I pick something easy I care about?” And then I go like, “Well, because then you wouldn’t care about it.” I think that bit of fear and that bit of stress of how I’m going to do this is what makes something good. A little bit of fear is healthy… and magic.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Did you have any fear the first time you read the script?
There’s a bit of that. I think I’m a bit of a goner for punishment because I find myself thinking before I start a job. I’ll have a moment where I go, “Oh man, why am I stressing so much about this, why can’t I pick something easy I care about?” And then I go like, “Well, because then you wouldn’t care about it.” I think that bit of fear and that bit of stress of how I’m going to do this is what makes something good. A little bit of fear is healthy… and magic.
he should work with nicole kidman, she always starts a job thinking she can't do it.