Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2015, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is very awesome. Yep he was awesome last time.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm excited to see it too but most likely not till his Frankenstein promotion in October.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Maybe he'll get dressed up while doing it since Halloween will be close.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Rumour has it that Daniel Radcliffe is currently in negotiations to star in Grand Theft Auto, a true-life account of a fight between the creator of the hugely successful video game franchise and a Miami lawyer who wanted to ban video game violence.

The rising British director Owen Harris, who has helmed episodes of Black Mirror and Misfits, will be directing the drama, which is being funded by BBC Films. Radcliffe will reportedly play Sam Houser, the British co-founder and president of Rockstar Games, the company behind GTA. He is credited in popularizing GTA into one of the video game world’s biggest franchises but also amping up the violence quotient.

When the video game was first released, Houser and Rockstar Games came under repeated attacks from activist attorney Jack Thompson. Thompson was an unorthodox Florida attorney who was already attacking media companies for pushing rap and sex onto the airwaves when he turned his attention to what he saw as an obsession of glorifying violence in the video game industry. GTA was one of his favorite targets, and in 2008 he was disbarred for inappropriate behavior.

The part of Thompson has not yet been cast. Radcliffe will next appear on our screens in Victor Frankenstein, Fox Studio’s contemporary take on the monster classic which hits theaters on October 2.
Daniel Radcliffe in talks for “Grand Theft Auto” | MuggleNet
Old 04-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Interesting. Sounds like it'll be his Social Network. And he's playing someone I won't be rooting for.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is interesting. I would like to see Dan in this.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

It does sound like the social network in a way. Not sure though if he's really a bad guy. Especially if his company was attacked for freedom of expression. Might be more grey than that.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, those GTA games disgust me and are sexist. I'll leave it at that.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ok. I'm sure the film will cover more than that, though.

Dan's hosting gig of Have I got News For You airs tonight at 9 on BBC1. Tune in!
Old 04-10-2015, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Should we expect the show to air a week later in the states than it does in the UK? (like Graham Norton)
Old 04-11-2015, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Here's video of the show.

https://vimeo.com/124661781
Old 04-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the link. Anyone else confused by the jokes in the beginning due to not being British?
Old 04-12-2015, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sort of but all politicians especially during debates sound the same and have the same problems so its easy to get.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It is interesting to hear what's going on there and the problems they discuss
Old 04-26-2015, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Exclusive First Look At Victor Frankenstein | Movie News | Empire
Closed Thread   Post New Thread