Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2014, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge

Quote:
LONDON — Daniel Radcliffe is to star in “Brooklyn Bridge,” which will be scripted and directed by Douglas McGrath (“Emma”). Goldcrest will finance and sell international rights to the pic, which will be introduced to distributors at the European Film Market in Berlin.
Pic is produced by Christine Vachon for Killer Films (“Boys Don’t Cry”) and Rose Ganguzza. Goldcrest’s Nick Quested and Pascal Degove, together with Jill Samuels, are serving as executive producers.
The film is set to shoot in August and subsequent casting announcements, including the lead actress, will follow soon.
Pic centers on the brilliant but inexperienced engineer Washington Roebling (Radcliffe), who is left to oversee the construction of the Brooklyn Bridge when his father dies. Besieged by calamity, danger and doubt, Washington’s obsession threatens his health and risks driving his family apart until he discovers he has an improbable ally… his charming and shrewd wife Emily.
Goldcrest Post will be providing post-production services.
Degove, managing director of Goldcrest Films, said: “Having Daniel’s involvement is a massive coup for the film, not only is he perfect for the role, but he’s consistently proved himself to be one of the very few actors who is genuinely a massive draw for audiences of all ages.”
“We love Doug’s extraordinary script and working with Daniel is one of the rare treats in the business … this is thrilling for everyone at Killer,” Vachon said.
Radcliffe is currently starring in Sony Pictures Classics’ “Kill Your Darlings,” which, having premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, has just opened to positive reviews.
He will next be seen starring opposite Zoe Kazan in CBS Films and eOnes’s romantic comedy “The F Word,” as well as starring opposite Juno Temple in the horror-thriller “Horns,” which is based on Joe Hill’s best-selling book. All three films screened at the Toronto Film Festival last year.
McGrath shared an Oscar nomination with Woody Allen for the screenplay for “Bullets Over Broadway,” and was nommed by the WGA for Gwyneth Paltrow starrer “Emma,” which he also directed. He also penned and helmed “Infamous,” about writer Truman Capote.
Yahoo!
Old 02-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks for starting the thread.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

First mention from Dan about the film!!!! It's still in the ' I hope it's gets made' stage.

Quote:
You’re slated to play Washington Roebling in a movie about the Brooklyn Bridge, which must be pretty cool for a history buff. When you're preparing to play an actual person, do you research a lot?
Yeah, absolutely you have to—I would feel weird not doing that. One of the great things about playing someone who is real is that a lot of the work has generally been done for you. There are tons of Allen Ginsberg autobiographies that I could look at [to play the poet in Kill Your Darlings]; his diaries actually were the main thing I looked at. It's about reading as much about the man and the history and the period as you possibly can. It's also one of the fun parts of the job, learning about your character—particularly when it's a real person and you find out interesting bits of information and you think “Oh, maybe we can work that into the story.”

The story of the Roeblings and the Brooklyn Bridge—I really hope we to get to tell that story. It's an amazing American story, and a story about a marriage that was so different from what people expected of a marriage in that time. That's why I think it’s particularly an important story to tell: Emily [Roebling] for the first half of the script is very much the sort of doting wife in a period film, and then you see her build the bridge. The equality in their marriage and the way they needed each other, and were so open about needing each other, feels very rare—like a story we don't often hear about in that era. I have kind of fallen in love with New York and so to make something that feels like a love letter to America but also very specific to New York as well, and what New York is to America … I hope it happens. It'll be great. It's a fantastic script.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I really want this movie to happen. Maybe because I'm a NYer, but I want to learn about the most famous bridge that's here and learn about the badass lady who was involved in its construction.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know. And yes it's another period piece but they seem to be my go to favourite movies to watch. The history is what fascinates me the most.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Historical / period pieces are awesome. I don't think there's any period piece I hate.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same here. Some people find the genre boring but I'm the exact opposite. Give me a history doc or bio over an action flick any day.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I know lots of people hate musicals too, but I love them and would enjoy seeing Dan do a musical movie.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me too. I think period dramas are interesting and musicals are really fun.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Put the two together and it's the best movie ever.

While waiting for this movie to get made, I'll watch Brooklyn Bridge docus.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

THEY'VE CAST EMILY!!!

Up and Comers | Brie Larson Joins Daniel Radcliffe in 'Brooklyn Bridge'

And Ben Kingsley is going to play his father!!!!

OMG!!!!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...on-join-733110

SPRING Filming!!!!!!!!

Last edited by baileycat; 09-16-2014 at 06:53 AM
baileycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yessssss Yesssss Yesssss,
And Ben Kingsley. It's going to be fantastic seeing Dan work with an acting legend.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know! I really truly hope that this isn't another film where he does ALL the promotion for it. Its getting to be so unfair.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Dan is going to learn so much from Ben. I hope we get joint interviews.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes joint interviews will be awesome.