Impossible Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:20 AM
MST Manager

Thank you!

Such a precious scene.
Sulieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

Not that it really matters anymore, but 5 years after the end of Lost, I have come to the conclusion that Lindelof and Cuse always changed the direction of the show based on fan feedback. That means when Sawyer & Kate were highly popular with critics and fans, the writers shifted the story from Jack & Kate to Kate & Sawyer and that's why the latter pair was given all the epic romantic beats and moments. But then came season 5 and suddenly, Sawyer & Juliet were the beloved couple and the idea of Kate & Sawyer was widely despised amongst online fans, so the writers retconned what came before and changed the direction of the story back to Jack & Kate and Sawyer & Juliet.
Hamburgo1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 03:10 PM
MST Manager

Maybe. I expect it was planned that Jack and Kate would end up together but Sawyer and Kate worked too.

I got the feeling Sawyer never really liked Kate but couldn't help loving her. But with Juliet he got more of the settled life he was looking for.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
But with Juliet he got more of the settled life he was looking for.
I agree. Sawyer and Juliet they had more chemistry.
icon by
Impossible Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

That's actually untrue about chemistry. Sawyer and Kate had the electric chemistry that Sawyer and Juliet could only dream of. I saw Sawyer and Juliet as contrived, and a last minute fabrication because the writers had the intention of going forward with Jack and Kate, and due to Sawyer's popularity, fans wanted him in a stable relationship. It is quite clear that Juliet knew Sawyer never loved her in the same way he loved Kate, but he did settle with her for a stable life.

However, I was visibly taken aback by Josh and Liz's lack of romantic chemistry, in comparison to Evi and Josh. This is one of the reasons why I despised the couple. They did not sell any romantic story for me.
posterity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:13 PM
MST Manager

Hello.

Sawyer and Kate did have chemistry but Kate didn't fit into what Sawyer really wanted. She turned him down when he suggested they "play house" so he had to find a woman who did want that. After Sawyer thought Kate was dead he had to get on with his life with Juliet who I do think had chemistry with Sawyer.

I know it's horrible to watch a couple you don't think has chemistry.

Last edited by Sulieter; 03-29-2015 at 10:20 PM
Old 03-30-2015, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
That's actually untrue about chemistry. Sawyer and Kate had the electric chemistry that Sawyer and Juliet could only dream of. I saw Sawyer and Juliet as contrived, and a last minute fabrication because the writers had the intention of going forward with Jack and Kate, and due to Sawyer's popularity, fans wanted him in a stable relationship. It is quite clear that Juliet knew Sawyer never loved her in the same way he loved Kate, but he did settle with her for a stable life.

However, I was visibly taken aback by Josh and Liz's lack of romantic chemistry, in comparison to Evi and Josh. This is one of the reasons why I despised the couple. They did not sell any romantic story for me.
I agree. I have seen Josh and Liz have plenty of chemistry with other actors, but there was simply none between them. Their lack of on-screen chemistry was one of the reasons why I found their scenes so unwatchable. Juliet often came across like Sawyer's nagging mother instead of a love interest on equal footing, IMO. I also disliked how the show had to change Sawyer and Juliet's characters to force them into this contrived romance. They became unrecognizable and flat-out boring people to me. I am generally not big into shipping (I have only shipped 2 couples since Lost ended), but Juliet/Sawyer is definitely somewhere at the top of my NOTP-list.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 03-30-2015 at 08:44 PM
Hamburgo1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:38 AM
MST Manager

Even Elizabeth Mitchell didn't think Sawyer and Juliet had chemistry at first.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

ohhh this thread

Quote:
I agree. I have seen Josh and Liz have plenty of chemistry with other actors, but there was simply none between them. Their lack of on-screen chemistry was one of the reasons why I found their scenes so unwatchable. Juliet often came across like Sawyer's nagging mother instead of a love interest on equal footing, IMO. I also disliked how the show had to change Sawyer and Juliet's characters to force them into this contrived romance. They became unrecognizable and flat-out boring people to me.
I couldn't agree more. IT WAS HORRIBLE.
Their friendship was great and then it just went down the drain. such a mistake.
redrose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me pls
Old 09-02-2015, 02:41 AM
MST Manager

Great gif! Added.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you I really loved them so much. They were the OTP of the show for me. They had the chemistry, the banter, emotional bonding and ofc love
Old 09-02-2015, 06:58 AM
MST Manager

I love their I Never game.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:47 PM
Loyal Fan

^ I liked that episode. starting out with them being their normal playful/flirty selves and then touching something deeper.
Reply   Post New Thread