Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Scoop: 'Lost' alum Nestor Carbonell to guest on FX comedy 'Wilfred' | EW.com
Quote:
Looking for where Lost’s Nestor Carbonell can be found next? Check out the new FX comedy Wilfred, which features Elijah Wood as a troubled individual who sees his neighbor’s canine as a guy in a dog suit. EW has learned that Carbonell will guest star as a doctor in one episode, while John Michael Higgins (A Mighty Wind) and Peter Stormare (Prison Break) are also slated to pop up this season. (Carbonell also stars in CBS’ Sarah Michelle Gellar drama pilot Ringer.) Other Wilfred guest stars include Chris Klein, Rashida Jones, Ed Helms, Mary Steenburgen, and Jane Kaczmarek. The series debuts June 23.
I really can't wait to see this show. I love the premise.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

The premise sounds so crazy I'm actually really intrigued.
I will watch Nestor's show if it gets picked up, if anything as a way to pay my dues to Karma for wishing the cancellation of Cane.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, you do owe him that.

Fox picks up 'Bones' spin-off 'The Finder,' J.J. Abrams 'Alcatraz' to series | Inside TV | EW.com
Quote:
Fox just picked up two dramas to series: The Finder, a spin-off of its hit series Bones starring Geoff Stults, and Alcatraz, the J.J. Abrams mystery starring Lost co-star Jorge Garcia.

The Alcatraz pilot had soft industry buzz after its screenings, but with Abrams’ pedigree and the chance to capture some of that Lost magic, Fox will find a spot for the show on its schedule, perhaps in midseason.
Ok, how long before they cancel it?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:24 PM
MST Manager

Thanks Crys.
I hope Alcatraz does well for Jorge but if they're expecting it to be Lost I don't think there's a hope for it
Old 05-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Congratulations to Jorge and his fellow cast members!
I will check it out when it premieres, hopefully it's decent.

It makes me sad that all the pilots that don't get "used" that year just die there and then. Sometimes a series isn't greenlit not because it's a bad concept, but perhaps because the network is targeting different topics and sectors of the audience that year or already has the genre "covered" in its schedule. Yet, the project ends up in the garbage bin.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yep. Pilot season is a bitch. No doubt about it. Actors work hard on a certain project and there's just no guarantee that it'll get picked up.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's such a complete gamble. If there is a chance a movie script or a novel abandoned in a drawer could one day get in the hands of someone who'll publish/produce them, tv pilots have one shot at life and then they're canned forever.

Hey, you know how we were joking that basically every Lost actor seems to end up guest starring in Law & Order lately? Apparently just a few weeks ago Jeff Fahey was on L&O: LA. The trend continues.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

What is it about L&O that everyone likes to guest star on there?

Speaking of Jeff Fahey, I saw him in an old movie the other night. I think it was Psycho 3. He was oh so handsome when he was younger.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:20 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
What is it about L&O that everyone likes to guest star on there?

Speaking of Jeff Fahey, I saw him in an old movie the other night. I think it was Psycho 3. He was oh so handsome when he was younger.
I have Psycho 3 on dvd. I suddenly saw Jeff and laughed at how young he was!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh good Lord, I didn't even know there was a Psycho 3! I thought they had filmed a second movie and that was it.
How was the film?

And I don't know, I guess procedurals are the easiest shows to pop in for an episode or two, and L&O is one of the biggest franchises on tv. It also gets some attention from critics and award people, well maybe not the Los Angeles spin-off which is atrocious (if that episode I saw with Rebecca was anything to go by), but a lot of guest stars of Law & Order: Special Victim Unit get considered for award nominations.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:00 PM
MST Manager

There are 4 Psycho films! I have the box set of all of them and I need to see no. 4. I think I saw it ages ago but I don't remember it.
I love the 1st 3. There were surprises which I like in horror movies.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, I'm really behind. Thanks for the heads' up, Julie!

It looks like Terry's pilot wasn't picked up:
List Of ABC & NBC’s Pilots That Are Dead – Deadline.com

The show's premise was bad, so I hope Terry can get offered some better projects in the near future.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Michael's pilot, as expected, was picked up. I didn't know Taraji P. Henson was starring in it as well. I quite like her work.

Fall TV: CBS Picks Up J.J. Abrams/Michael Emerson Drama, Broke Girls Sitcom - TVLine
Quote:
While ABC unloads a whopping 12 new shows from its shopping cart, CBS has opened its upfronts season with just two major buys so far: Person of Interest, a thriller exec-produced by J.J. Abrams (Lost/Fringe) and penned by Jonathan Nolan (The Dark Knight), and Broke Girls, a multi-camera sitcom from Michael Patrick King (Sex and the City) and comedienne Whitney Cummings.

Person of Interest is a crime drama centered on an ex-CIA agent played by James Caviezel (The Prisoner). Presumed dead, he teams up with a mysterious billionaire (Lost‘s Michael Emerson) to prevent violent crimes in New York City. Taraji P. Henson (Boston Legal) and Kevin Chapman (Mystic River) also star.

And Nestor's pilot with SMG was picked up too.

Sarah Michelle Gellar's CBS Thriller Gets Green Light - But There's a Twist! - TVLine
Quote:
Ringer, the very buzzy pilot in which Buffyverse queen Sarah Michelle Gellar plays dual roles, is sure to pack jaw-droppers, but here’s one twist nobody saw coming: Originally eyed by CBS for the fall, the series instead has found a home on The CW.

As first reported by TVLine sister site Deadline.com, Ringer has received a green light, but to air on The CW (which is co-owned by CBS). It marks the first fall pickup OK’d by brand-new CW president Mark Pedowitz. And we think we like him lots already.

Ringer stars SMG as Bridget, a young woman on the run from the mob who thinks she’ll find safe harbor by posing as her wealthy twin, Siobhan. Thing is, sis has a bounty on her life as well!

The rest of the cast includes Kristoffer Polaha (Life Unexpected) as Henry, the out-of-work husband of Siobhan’s BFF who happens to be having an affair with Siobhan; Ioan Gruffudd (Fantastic Four) as Siobhan’s husband; and Nestor Carbonell (Lost) as the FBI agent in charge of keeping Bridget safe so she can testify against the mob.
I like all the actors in this project, but the fact that the CW snatched it up makes me worry about the quality of it.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:51 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the latest news Fran and Crys.

Good news for Michael
Old 05-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats to both Michael and Nestor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
I like all the actors in this project, but the fact that the CW snatched it up makes me worry about the quality of it.
Yep. That's why I never cared to catch up with Nikita - I thought the pilot was pretty enjoyable although not exactly impressive, I like Maggie Q a lot, but I've heard many people complain about the adjustment that were made to make it more "teen-flavored" to fit better with the CW's target while it was supposed to be darker.
I hope they won't mess up "Ringer" too much.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread