Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't help but appreciate a nice view when I see one.

Thanks for the Jeremy interview! I keep hearing good things about Justified. Plus, there's Timothy Olyphant.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same here (about Justified). I keep mentioning it as one of the shows I want to check out, but I never do.

I downloaded that TV movie Terry filmed for Lifetime yesterday. Hopefully if Terry signed up for it, it is worth watching and is not just a giant ball of sap.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Sports
Josh Holloway

I adore true movies. I have 2 true movie channels that I watch a lot
I hope Terry's movie comes soon.

Last edited by Sulieter; 04-30-2011 at 11:15 PM
Old 04-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still surprised Terry actually did a Lifetime movie.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
Thanks for the Jeremy interview! I keep hearing good things about Justified. Plus, there's Timothy Olyphant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Same here (about Justified). I keep mentioning it as one of the shows I want to check out, but I never do.
I started watching Justified last month. I'm still on season 1 - 2 more episodes to finish it. I like it. The pace is not too fast or too slow, the show has a more general seasonal plot but also smaller episodic plots (cases Raylan solves each week). The show mixes dramatic and more lighthearted moments well IMO.

Also, I like Winona and Winona/Raylan, which may not be a popular opinion. I wonder what you two would think about her if you started watching.

Also, I think Josh could have a nice guest role in a seasonal arc on this show.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

(I was reading very fast through your post and I thought I saw "I like Winona and Winona Ryder" and asked myself how I could've possibly missed the news of that guest star casting. )

Now that you said you're liking it I'm even more curious about the show! Tonight I started my Fringe catch-up and I want to finish that before the season finale airs next Friday (or I'll be accidentally spoiled rotten online), and then I wanna check the Game of Thrones pilot, but I'm moving Justified up the To Watch list to #3 place.

Daniel looking fine at the White House Correspondents Association Dinner:

source: washingtonpost.com
Old 05-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ooh, Daniel! Looked quite dapper.

Fran, I highly recommend Game of Thrones. It's awesome. And it has the best opening credits I've ever seen. It's stunning.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Master Fan

he looks great!
Old 05-02-2011, 03:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
(I was reading very fast through your post and I thought I saw "I like Winona and Winona Ryder" and asked myself how I could've possibly missed the news of that guest star casting.)

Quote:
Now that you said you're liking it I'm even more curious about the show! Tonight I started my Fringe catch-up and I want to finish that before the season finale airs next Friday (or I'll be accidentally spoiled rotten online), and then I wanna check the Game of Thrones pilot, but I'm moving Justified up the To Watch list to #3 place.
I like it, but I'm not sure it's your type of show. It might be too slow-paced and episodic for you.

I was also thinking I could check Game of Thrones.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteriosa (View Post)
I like it, but I'm not sure it's your type of show. It might be too slow-paced and episodic for you.
Slow-paced is not a problem if the slow-pace actually serves some purpose, and for the episodic... you're talking to the girl who can't turn away from Murder, She Wrote and Criminal Minds reruns and has Hawaii 5-O as her guilty pleasure, so... Is the overall plot/big case of the first season interesting?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

If you like episodic dramas, you should check out The Killing. The pilot didn't impress me much, but the rest of the series is progressing nicely.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really want to check out The Killing, Alex was telling me good things about it, too, the other day. I've only watched the general TV promo but the main lead left a good first impression on me.

And speaking of TV shows, some pilot pick-up predictions/rumors from Deadline:

- Jorge's:
Quote:
Meanwhile, I hear Fox's new crop of dramas may not include a sci-fi entry this year as both LOCKE & KEY and ALCATRAZ have cooled off, though the time travel-themed mystery Alcatraz still has loyal fans among the higher-ups. With the network recently renewing Fringe for a full season, it has secured the genre's presence on the network for fall and has protected its good relationship with Fringe executive producer JJ Abrams, who also produces Alcatraz, in case the pilot doesn't go.
- Terry's:
Quote:
Early reaction to Marc Cherry's spiritual drama HALLELUJAH has been that it looks "weird," but given its pedigree, the project cannot be discounted.
- Michael's:
Quote:
PERSON OF INTEREST also has mixed early buzz - it has great auspices: Jonah Nolan and JJ Abrams, and strong lead cast: Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson, and it reportedly tested well but plays dark.
- Rebecca's (this should go in the Ladies Man thread, but oh well):
Quote:
WORK IT The cross-dressing comedy in the vein of Bosom Buddies was one of those hit-or-miss concepts. People who have seen the pilot say it has largely pulled it off and and comes across as pretty cute.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that, Fran! I didn't know about Rebecca's pilot. I'm willing to bet that Alcatraz will be picked-up.

Ian was also at the WH Correspondents' Dinner on Saturday night.

Apparently he's dating Nina Dobrev. I knew it. They show up everywhere together, lol.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ian cleaned up good there!

Did they start dating a la Dominic and Evangeline, trying to make a secret out of something that was as clear as day?
Random, but Nina D. is one of those people who are beautiful, and I would never deny that, but I find somehow "plain", so I never pay too much attention to their physical appearance.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, exactly like that. They're just always together. They were even at Coachella last month.

And I agree on Nina Dobrev. Very pretty girl, but so boring to look at. lol.