Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Josh News and Articles #5: Holloway at work and play.

This is a place where you can post news, media mentions and articles about Josh.

January 17, 2008
Russian theatrical release for 'Whisper': source | poster

November 28, 2007
Australian DVD release for 'Whisper': source | cover artwork

November 27, 2007
US DVD release for 'Whisper': announcement on the official website | cover artwork | press release

November 23, 2007
'Whisper' gets released in Italy. (source)

November 11, 2207
From the Summit Daily News: Josh and his wife spotted vacationing in Breckenridge, Colorado (thanks to misteriosa)

November 7, 2007
Josh designed a Christmas card with part of the proceeds going to the Toys For Tots Foundation: press release; card preview

November 3, 2007
Josh placed third in the poll held by Entertainment Weekly, 'Ultimate Male Hottie of All Time' (thanks to Louise)

November 1, 2007
Josh in the 100 Sexy Men in 1 Minute clip by People magazine

October 19, 2007
Fan meeting Josh at the airport (+ photo): blog report

October 15, 2007
First Lost S4 promo pics from the Oct. 22 issue of TV Guide: cover ; article; page 1; page 2

October 31, 2007
Josh placed second in the poll Los mas guapos de la television on Hola.com with 3,352 votes and an average of 8.0

October 24
6 HQ photos of Josh as Intelligence Agent Ajay for the Command & Conquer videogame from the 'Kane Lives Media Kit": see all the pics HERE

October 14, 2007
'Whisper' theatrical release in Romania (source)

October 13, 2007
From Honolulu Star-Bulletin.com: Josh and Michael Emerson in a dinner party at Cassis the previous week.

October 5, 2007
Josh in the Spanish magazine "TV mas": scan | translation /credits and thanks to Veronakat)

October 1, 2007
From the blog Popcandy: DCW ad in Prague (thanks to misteriosa) | more ads pics thanks to rcerione: Prague 2; Prague 3; Istambul

September 29, 2007
From mochakiuder's blog: Josh at a party in Hawaii with Jorge and other members of the Lost crew.

September 28, 2007
Josh is #5 in the Entertainment Weekly poll Ultimate Male Hottie, '90s to today - photo (thanks to misteriosa)

September 13, 2007
deej240z screencapped the Whisper scenes featuring Josh: download the zip file (216 caps) HERE

September 10, 2007
- From Popsugar.com: a new photo of Josh - pic 1; pic 2
- By TVScoop.tv: Lost spawns the 'Sawyer' hairstyle (thanks to misteriosa)

September 7, 2007
'Whisper' clip on TerrorFeed.com: watch the whole clip (9 min.) over TF | watch only the Josh scene on YouTube (credits: deej240z @ LJ)

September 6, 2007
Portuguese DVD release for 'Whisper': source | cover

September 5, 2007
'Whisper' gets released in Belgium | poster + pic (source)

September 3, 2007
Nine spanish blogs about media and television got together to determine the "50 Sexiest Men and 50 Sexiest Women on television": Josh is #1 for the men

August 22, 2007
Josh one of the six "Actors and Models" mentioned by Terra. Participa y diviértete en tu portal multimedia (thanks to misteriosa)

August 16, 2007
Josh Halloway wrote and stars in the "Lost: How a Certain TV Mega Hunk Stole My Identity" (thanks to misteriosa)

August 15, 2007
New "Making Of" video for the Davidoff Cool Water ad: watch it on DailyMotion (credit: sawyer840 via DarkUFO's blog) | watch it on YouTube (credit: deej240z @ LJ)

August 4, 2007
Josh in the September issue of Company magazine (UK): page 1 / page 2 (scans by LFG_girl @ Lost-Forum.com)

August 3, 2007
- Second trailer for 'Whisper': watch it on youtube (thanks to Lostwith_Sawyer)
- Josh is in the August issue of Cosmopolitan UK: page 1 / page 2 (scans posted by Scotty @ Lost-Forum)

July 27, 2007
- Making-of video of the Davidoff Cool Water ads: Vanity Fair online or watch it on youtube (thaks to Crystal and deej240z @ LJ) | pics from the site: a / b / c / d (thanks to deej240z @ LJ)
- 'Whisper' gets released in Mexico | poster

July 26, 2007
First trailer for Whisper: original source | watch it on youtube

July 20, 2007
Josh in the August issue of Cosmopolitan, Italian edition: page 1 / page 2 (scans by Jay_ti) - English translation here (thanks to misteriosa)

July 16, 2007
From Stalpulse.com: Josh Holloway Doesn't Want Free Clothes

July 15, 2007
Josh in the UK supplement magazine Live, interview titled "It's A Man's World": cover / excerpts from the article: here, here and here (thanks to misteriosa)

July 13, 2007
- Second commercial (?) for Davidoff Cool Water: watch it on youtube (thanks to misteriosa)
- from Contactmusic.com: Holloway fan inks actor's face onto bottom. (thanks to misteriosa)

July 8, 2007
First Davidoff Cool Water commercial: watch it on youtube (thanks to urgosh19)

July 5, 2007
Josh in the Italian magazine Grazia (#27, July 10 2007): page 1 / page 2 / page 3 / page 4 (scans by Jay_ti) - English translation here (thanks to misteriosa)

July 4, 2007
'Whisper' HQ promo stills (thanks to canburak @ Flickr.com)

July 2, 2007
60 SECONDS Interview: Josh Holloway | Metro.co.uk (thanks to misteriosa)

July 1, 2007
- People - Josh Holloway's no to waxing (thanks to misteriosa)
- Josh is in the August 2007 issue #211 of FHM magazine, UK. Scans: page 1 / page 2 (scans by deej240z @ LJ)

June 28, 2007
Josh is in the July 2007 issue of Cleo magazine, Singapore edition.

June 25, 2007
Josh in the Romanian edition of 'Elle': page 1, page 2, page 3, page 4 (source and credit: Dude! We are LOST! blog)

June 23, 2007
Josh guest-starred in a 1998 music video for a Billie Myers song, 'Tell Me': watch it on YouTube (thanks to Lostwith_Sawyer)

June 22, 2007
- Article about the DCW campaign: ITV News - Lost star in new ad (thanks to misteriosa)
- Video with the backstage of the shooting on MSN: Lost hottie heats up Cool Water (watch it with IE) / watch it on Dailymotion (thanks to DarkUFO)
- Slightly different video on iVillage: 'Lost' star returns to modeling (watch it with IE)

June 9, 2007
Josh spotted in Florence, Italy: paparazzi pic

June 4, 2007
Josh won in the 'Best supporting actor' category of the II Spanish Awards Mundoplus.tv 2007

June 3, 2007
Josh in a German magazine for the Davidoff Cool Water campaign: scan (thanks to Honey-Girl)

June 1, 2007
Article about Josh new face for Davidoff Cool Water in the German magazine TV-Spielfilm: scan1 / scan2 (thanks to Kathu @ L-F.com) + English translation (thanks to Honey-Girl)

May 23, 2007
Article on Women's Wear Daily.com: "Lost" Star Holloway to Front Davidoff Cool Water (thanks to misteriosa)

May 22, 2007
- Josh was on the UK tv show 'This Morning': watch the video (thanks to Siobhan @ L-F.com)
- Davidoff Cool Water preview: pics
- Brief report from a blogger invited to “join Coty Prestige to meet the new face of Davidoff Cool Water - Josh Holloway”: here (thanks to misteriosa)
- another blog report (+ 2 pics): Handbag Blogs: Beauty: Jessica Hopper: June 07: Celeb beauty a go-go

May 21, 2007
Josh was in Munich to give an exclusive interview about the Davidoff Cool Water campaing. Clips from the shooting of the ads aired on a German tv show: some caps are here

May 17, 2007
Josh was on the tv show 'The View': watch the video (thanks to txvoodoo @ LJ) / download the video

May 16, 2007
Josh's movie 'Whisper' got released in Philippines.

May 15, 2007
- Josh at the ABC Upfront: photos here and here
- Paparazzi video of Josh with fans outside his NY hotel: http://www.splash-video.com/index2.pgi - click on 'Guest Archive' (thanks to lilika @ L-F.com) /

May 12, 2007
Sioux City Journal: 'Lost' gives Holloway chance to model new life (thanks to Crystaline)

May 7, 2007
Josh Holloway is in talks to star in 'X-Men 4'? (thanks to misteriosa)

May 1, 2007
Josh and other celebrieties in 'Best Life' for the The Best Advice My Father Ever Gave Me **watch the video on the right - requires QuickTimes** (thanks to misteriosa)

April 30, 2007
Josh on the cover of the American TV Guide: scans - 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

April 21, 2007
Wilhelmina men go from runway to red carpet ... - USATODAY.com

April 17, 2007
Josh interviewed by Kristin of E! on the set of Lost: watch the video

March 29, 2007
Interview, deleted scene, blooper scenes of Josh starring in the video-game 'Commander and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars' , from the DVD bonus disc: watch the video (thanks to Deej @ L-F.com)

March 23, 2007
PAST FRIDAY NIGHT SHOOTS Starring Josh Holloway (thanks to Deej @ L-F.com)

March 21, 2007
Josh on Extra on the set of Lost: watch the clip / download the clip

March 20, 2007
Josh has two pages on TV Guide, he's #4 in their list of the Hottest Male Stars on TV: scan + quotes

March 13, 2007
Josh in 'UK magazine': scans (thanks to Siobhan @ L-F.com)

March 1, 2007
Josh interviewd by 'Elle': Island Fever (thanks to sylvia @ L-F.com)

February 27, 2007
Short interview on 'Cosmopolitan': transcript (thanks to LuvinSawyer @ L-F.com)

February 22, 2007
Josh in 'Best Life': interview available online - part 1 / part 2 (thanks to misteriosa)

Past Threads
The 'Articles about Josh' Thread: Because Josh is everywhere!
The 'Articles about Josh' Thread #2: Did you hear about Josh?
Josh News Thread # 2: Every Day Should Be Full of Josh News
Josh News Thread #3: What, When, Where, and How. We Already Know Who.
Josh News and Articles #3: Saturn Award Nominee *yay*
Josh News and Articles #4: Holloway in every way possible!

Last edited by Hawthorn; 11-25-2007 at 06:24 PM
Old 07-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Francesca, thanks for the new news thread.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for keeping track of all the Josh news, francesca.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread! Great job with the opening, Fran!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Guys, tell me if I have forgetten/messed up anything, or if a link doesn't work.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread Fran the opening post looks amazing! Thanks for putting so much effort into it
Old 07-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Guys, tell me if I have forgetten/messed up anything, or if a link doesn't work.
Everything is perfect!
Old 07-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

A moderator of LOST-TV Forum (ff_angel) has typed down the interview on FHM:

Quote:
FHM August 2007
Page 46

Josh Holloway
Lost's Sawyer on man smells, cow pyjamas and leaving the toilet seat up...

Level with us - what the hell's happening on Lost?
I couldn't tell you if I did know - but quite honestly I don't have a clue. We all have our theories but the writers have shot 'em all to hell. We just have to trust them. They've listed an end date now - three more series of 16 episodes. That's unprecidented in television and they're really fighting for the integrity of the story. I love that.

You must cack yourself every time you get a script in case Sawyer's dead.
Yes, a little bit. I kind of look at it, turn the first page and go "Oooo-kay. Am I alive?" Once you live with that fear you learn to accept it. You have to - that's what actors do. We go from one job to another, one character to another. Myself, I don't want to go anywhere because I love the work and living in Hawaii - I love the show.

When you read your character was going to have sex with Evangeline Lilly you loved it a lot more, didn't you?
Yep, devastating. How's a man to get over that? I don't know. It's terrible.

We've just seen you in that Davidoff Cool Water advert, cliff diving and the lot - that's not really you, is it?
I did some of the stunts but I had a guy who does stunts with me in Lost - he's a profesional diver. We'd both do the diving and then compare notes. And the girl in the commercial is Mark Wahlberg's fiancee.

Does Mark know about this?
Uh, sure...

Presumably running around in the jungle on Lost can get a bit smelly?
Being men, it can sometimes be a bit of a stinky business, depending on what you're doing. At the beginning of this third season I was in the cage. It was pretty dirty and bloody, and the stuff that needs to be on you from shot to shot is called the "hero shirt". There's one that they don't wash - they keep it perfectly matched to whatever you're doing. It's not a good piece of material. But all of our cast members have that - they'll all be saying, "Oh no, not the hero shirt," if they're doing those particular scenes.

Tell us about Mantopia - your Hawaiian bachelor pad - and how can we recreate it?
I use that word for when we get away from it all and the boys go to hang out, you know? Mantopia could be anywhere. It's a state of mind, it's hangin' with the boys and not hanging with the ladies - beer, drinking, eating pizza, doing whatever you want to do. All night. Leaving the toilet seat up!

But you were brought up on the farm, weren't you?
Thirty-three acres of beautiful land in the north-west of Georgia. We had a couple of cows and a couple of horses but we weren't farmers - my father worked in the city but just preferred to live rural which I loved him for. It was an awesome upbringing. Three brothers. Can't beat it.

Is it true you used to mop up dead chickens?
Absolutely. That was my very first job at 11. There’s a large number of chicken farms in Georgia, so that was working for our neighbour.

Why were they dead?
That’s a good question. I would assume from the heat. Or maybe one of them didn’t like the other, and got some of his two thousand buddies to murder him. It was like the Monty Python sketch – “Bring out your dead!” You’d be cruising with a wheelbarrow, they’d all part and there’s one on the floor. Or actually there’s ten. During the summer it gets really hot in Georgia – so it’s a very necessary part of chicken farming. You have to keep your house clean.

Then you went to the University of Georgia. Were you a frat boy?
No, but it was classic. I crashed all of the parties. I knew how to dress like them, and I’d crash the party, say I was with another fraternity. No one ever really caught on so I had a blast. I had one happy year at the University of Georgia and then I went to New York. I’d been doing some stuff for Macy’s in Georgia and a New York agency was interested. I wanted to travel so I saw modelling as a passport to the world.

What was your parents' reaction to you becoming a male model? Did they think you were a big Jessie?
No, actually my father’s quite an adventurer. First he wanted me to go into the military, he was like, “There’s no telling when you’ll end up.” But when the modelling came up he was like, “Go for it son, see where you end up. You can always come home.” My mother was apprehensive about me taking off to New York City but I was very independent by then.

Were you and your friends like the models in Zoolander?
Ha ha! There were a lot of interesting parallels. It depends on the person of course – there were a lot of groups that were more affected and then there were the groups that I hung out with that weren’t – it was just about the travel and soaking up the world like a sponge.

What was the worst thing you modelled?
It was a pyjama campaign and the pyjamas looked like all sorts of animals. One was a cow. They made me do my hair like horns. I was 18 so you do what you have to…

Did you ever have to wax for a modelling job?
Actually I did experience that once. Because I had to do kind of an underwear thing and they said, you should just wax anyway but I was like “okay”. It was horrible, never again. Wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

If you were cast adrift in real life, think you could survive?
I’d hope so. I think I’d have more than your normal person’s skillset because I enjoy it so much. They say the number one thing about survival is your attitude and not panicking. So if you accept it – and I would – then your mind works again. Fear is the mindkiller. You have to get past that and then I think anyone can survive for a while. It’s the stupid mistakes you make out of panic that get you.

Are you a bad boy like Sawyer?
I aspire to come from a lighter place than Sawyer. But that bad boy aspect is most definitely me – I just blow it up for the character. As my wife can attest.

What has Dominic Monaghan taught you about our fair country?
We love Dom – and Naveen [Andrews]. They’re hilarious Englishmen, I love to hear them talk among themselves. Dom taught me Mancunian. He’s nuts about Manchester United. At the beginning of the first series we had a PlayStation and he always had to be Manchester United. I would rag him about how terrible they were – even though this season they’ve been wonderful.

You were voted the world's 17th sexiest man in a poll. Are you going to work on hitting the number one spot?
Umm… nope. It’s an honour, I’m flattered and so forth.

Bet you go out and buy the magazines that feature the polls.
My wife does. We laugh about that at home. And then you get the piss taken out of you at work. Every opportunity to rag each other…

Has being Sawyer typecast you at all for movie work?
You get offered all the traps – lower budget action movies that you’re carrying completely. There’s been some pretty horrendous things but I can’t name them. It’s not the right movie right off a series, in my opinion anyway. I’m looking for something more like a small poignant role with a film-maker I’d love to work with and that I’m not really carrying.

Could there be a Lost movie?
At first there was talk of it – about a year ago we were hearing five years and then a movie. But that went away and I haven’t heard anything more. If it made sense I would do it.

Finally, what's with the long girly hair - is that out of choice?
It’s for the character! Honestly. There’s cinematic value to it! But for me personally I can’t wait to go back to short hair, the minute Lost has finished it’s all coming off.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Master Fan

That was great!

Thank you.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's a really great interview. New stuff, yay! I liked it so much, I'm not going to slap the reporter in the face for that "girly hair". Finally a journalist who's abler to come up with some decent questions (why the chicken died included ).
Old 07-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

Yes, finally something different.

A journalist with a sense of humour. How refreshing.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Fantastic interview! Thanks for posting! Damn, Josh is cutting the precious off when Lost is done.

Mind if I take that over to the other thread?
Old 07-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
Damn, Josh is cutting the precious off when Lost is done.
I overcome the denial phase, now I'm into the sadness one.
Quote:
Mind if I take that over to the other thread?
Of course not. ^_^
Old 07-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I overcome the denial phase, now I'm into the sadness one.
I always had a feeling he would do it, but I was hoping he'd grow to love the hair as much as we do. But no such luck.

Thanks Fran!
Old 07-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
I always had a feeling he would do it, but I was hoping he'd grow to love the hair as much as we do. But no such luck.
I can hope he could consider once again the "cinematic value" of the precious. You keep your hair long, you can cut it if the director request it, or have it already "ready" if he needs long hair.
I think a part of Josh wants to take a break from the Sawyer look and not being identified only with that character, added to his practical attitude.

The fact that I can see his reasons doesn't mean I won't cry, though.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread