Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Josh News and Articles #4: Holloway in every way possible!

This is a place where you can post news, media mentions and articles about Josh.

July 27, 2007
Making-of video of the Davidoff Cool Water ads: Vanity Fair online or watch it on dailymotion

July 20, 2007
Josh in the August issue of Cosmopolitan, Italian edition: page 1 / page 2 (scans by Jay_ti) - English translation here (thanks to misteriosa)

July 16, 2007
From Stalpulse.com: Josh Holloway Doesn't Want Free Clothes

July 15, 2007
Josh in the UK supplement magazine Live, interview titled "It's A Man's World": cover / excerpts from the articlehere, here and here (thanks to misteriosa)

July 13, 2007
- Second commercial (?) for Davidoff Cool Water: watch it on youtube (thanks to misteriosa)
- from Contactmusic.com: Holloway fan inks actor's face onto bottom. (thanks to misteriosa)

July 8, 2007
First Davidoff Cool Water commercial: watch it on youtube (thanks to urgosh19)

July 5, 2007
Josh in the Italian magazine Grazia (#27, July 10 2007): page 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (scans by Jay_ti) - English translation here (thanks to misteriosa)

July 2, 2007
60 SECONDS Interview: Josh Holloway | Metro.co.uk (thanks to misteriosa)

July 1, 2007
- People - Josh Holloway's no to waxing (thanks to misteriosa)
- Josh is in the August 2007 issue #211 of FHM magazine.

June 28, 2007
Josh is in the July 2007 issue of Cleo magazine, Singapore edition.

June 25, 2007
Josh in the Romanian edition of 'Elle': pag.1, pag.2, pag.3, pag.4 (source and credit: Dude! We are LOST! blog)

June 23, 2007
Josh guest-starred in a 1998 music video for a Billie Myers song, 'Tell Me': watch it on YouTube (thanks to Lostwith_Sawyer)

June 22, 2007
- Article about the DCW campaign: ITV News - Lost star in new ad (thanks to misteriosa)
- Video with the backstage of the shooting on MSN: Lost hottie heats up Cool Water (watch it with IE) / watch it on Dailymotion (thanks to DarkUFO)
- Slightly different video on iVillage: 'Lost' star returns to modeling (watch it with IE)

June 9, 2007
Josh spotted in Florence, Italy: paparazzi pic

June 4, 2007
Josh won in the 'Best supporting actor' category of the II Spanish Awards Mundoplus.tv 2007

June 3, 2007
Josh in a German magazine for the Davidoff Cool Water campaign: scan (thanks to Honey-Girl)

June 1, 2007
Article about Josh new face for Davidoff Cool Water in the German magazine TV-Spielfilm: scan1 / scan2 (thanks to Kathu @ L-F.com) + English translation (thanks to Honey-Girl)

May 23, 2007
Article on Women's Wear Daily.com: "Lost" Star Holloway to Front Davidoff Cool Water (thanks to misteriosa)

May 22, 2007
- Josh was on the UK tv show 'This Morning': watch the video (thanks to Siobhan @ L-F.com)
- Davidoff Cool Water preview: pics
- Brief report from a blogger invited to “join Coty Prestige to meet the new face of Davidoff Cool Water - Josh Holloway”: here (thanks to misteriosa)
- another blog report (+ 2 pics): Handbag Blogs: Beauty: Jessica Hopper: June 07: Celeb beauty a go-go

May 21, 2007
Josh was in Munich to give an exclusive interview about the Davidoff Cool Water campaing. Clips from the shooting of the ads aired on a German tv show: some caps are here

May 17, 2007
Josh was on the tv show 'The View': watch the video (thanks to txvoodoo @ LJ) / download the video

May 16, 2007
Josh's movie 'Whisper' got released in Philippines.

May 15, 2007
- Josh at the ABC Upfront: photos here and here
- Paparazzi video of Josh with fans outside his NY hotel: http://www.splash-video.com/index2.pgi - click on 'Guest Archive' (thanks to lilika @ L-F.com) /

May 12, 2007
Sioux City Journal: 'Lost' gives Holloway chance to model new life (thanks to Crystaline)

May 7, 2007
Josh Holloway is in talks to star in 'X-Men 4'? (thanks to misteriosa)

May 1, 2007
Josh and other celebrieties in 'Best Life' for the The Best Advice My Father Ever Gave Me **watch the video on the right - requires QuickTimes** (thanks to misteriosa)

April 30, 2007
Josh on the cover of the American TV Guide: scans - 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

April 21, 2007
Wilhelmina men go from runway to red carpet ... - USATODAY.com

April 17, 2007
Josh interviewed by Kristin of E! on the set of Lost: watch the video

March 29, 2007
Interview, deleted scene, blooper scenes of Josh starring in the video-game 'Commander and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars' , from the DVD bonus disc: watch the video (thanks to Deej @ L-F.com)

March 23, 2007
PAST FRIDAY NIGHT SHOOTS Starring Josh Holloway (thanks to Deej @ L-F.com)

March 21, 2007
Josh on Extra on the set of Lost: watch the clip / download the clip

March 20, 2007
Josh has two pages on TV Guide, he's #4 in their list of the Hottest Male Stars on TV: scan + quotes

March 13, 2007
Josh in 'UK magazine': scans (thanks to Siobhan @ L-F.com)

March 1, 2007
Josh interviewd by 'Elle': Island Fever (thanks to sylvia @ L-F.com)

February 27, 2007
Short interview on 'Cosmopolitan': transcript (thanks to LuvinSawyer @ L-F.com)

February 22, 2007
Josh in 'Best Life': interview available online - part 1 / part 2 (thanks to misteriosa)

Past Threads
The 'Articles about Josh' Thread: Because Josh is everywhere!
The 'Articles about Josh' Thread #2: Did you hear about Josh?
Josh News Thread # 2: Every Day Should Be Full of Josh News
Josh News Thread #3: What, When, Where, and How. We Already Know Who.
Josh News and Articles #3: Saturn Award Nominee *yay*

Last edited by Hawthorn; 07-29-2007 at 08:45 AM
Old 05-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Master Fan

Lovely opening post.

Thanks for all the links, Francesca

Last edited by misteriosa; 05-24-2007 at 07:23 AM
Old 05-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm trying to add the old stuff, let me know if you check a link and it doesn't work.

I picked one the suggestions Maria posted in the old thread, these are the other ones, if you want the title changed:
- Hey Josh! What cha doin'?
- What has that rascal done now?
- And then....

Old 05-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks Fran!
Great title!
This thread is dangerous
Old 05-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread Fran!

Love Josh in that UK show. Oh man, when he said "Come here, darling", I totally
Old 05-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
"Lost" Star Holloway to Front Davidoff Cool Water

Published: Wednesday, May 23, 2007
By Brid Costello

LONDON — Coty Inc. plans to crank up the heat for its Davidoff Cool Water fragrance franchise this summer, when an advertising campaign featuring actor Josh Holloway hits screens and magazines.

Holloway, who plays caustic castaway James “Sawyer” Ford on the TV show “Lost,” will star in ads for Davidoff’s Cool Water men’s fragrance worldwide, except for North America. Single- and double-page print ads, plus TV spots featuring the actor, will bow in Europe in July. (In the U.S., Cool Water is fronted by surfer Laird Hamilton.)

Photographer Michel Comte shot the campaign with Holloway in Hawaii, where the actor currently lives and films “Lost.” In line with the fragrance’s water-oriented concept, Holloway is depicted with an oceanic backdrop.

“It’s something I can believe in,” said Holloway of the scent’s story. “It’s simple, it’s masculine and is associated with water and the vitality of life.

“The water in Hawaii is phenomenal; on a daily basis, it can bring tears to your eyes with its clarity and color,” he added, noting he takes advantage of being seaside by fishing. “I have huge respect for the ocean.”

For Coty’s part, the actor’s overt masculinity made Holloway an obvious choice for the brand, according to Francoise Mariez, senior vice president international European marketing licenses, Coty Prestige (a division of Coty).

“We were looking for a real man,” she said, adding Cool Water embodies masculinity, sensuality and freshness. “[Holloway] is real, he’s simple and self confident.”

To wit, while Holloway, a former model, may now be the face of a fragrance, he hasn’t become a beauty buff.

“My wife keeps me in line and [looking] acceptable in public,” he quipped, adding he uses her products rather than plumbing for his own beauty regime. “Vanity is unattractive.”

He did concede, however, that he’s been sporting Cool Water after taking a hiatus from fragrance for some years.“My wife’s got a crush on me again,” he said, smiling. Holloway added he’d be open to working on his own line of products, if the opportunity arose.

But it would probably not be as elegant as Cool Water,” he joked. “It’d be more like Man Juice.”
WWD.com Authoritative coverage of the beauty industry from WWD
Old 05-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks Misty.

The eyes...and the ears
Old 05-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked the mini-interview!
And I'm proud of myself for being able to read the text after almost fainting staring at that pic.
Quote:
"Vanity is unattractive."

Thanks, Misty!
Old 05-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for the pic and the article Misty

Wow, Cool Water guys know how to define Josh's look. I like the way they think .
Quote:
“We were looking for a real man,” she said, adding Cool Water embodies masculinity, sensuality and freshness. “[Holloway] is real, he’s simple and self confident.”
Oh my, I've got to quote the Cool Water pic again
Quote:
Originally Posted by misteriosa (View Post)
Old 05-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh, Misty, thanks!

my LJ
Old 05-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good lord! His eyes are the same color of the ocean! Thanks for the article! It took me a while to read it though.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He looks amazing.

Quote:
But it would probably not be as elegant as Cool Water,” he joked. “It’d be more like Man Juice.”

Old 05-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread Fran the opening post looks great

Thanks for the pic and article Misty I love seeing that picture
Old 05-24-2007, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Man juice! Josh is hilarious!
Old 05-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

It takes a lot of self-control to not make dirty comments about that expression.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread