thanks!
icon by
Old 01-13-2016, 07:30 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Georgia native Josh Holloway (‘Lost’) returns to USA’s ‘Colony’ January 14
Quote:
By RODNEY HO/ rho@ajc.com, originally filed Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Josh Holloway is best known for his iconic role as Sawyer, the intensely sardonic, charming hunk from ABC’s “Lost,” which ended in 2010.

Four years later, he helmed a CBS drama “Intelligence” playing a high-tech operative with a special microchip in his brain providing him access to intel all over the world. It only lasted one season.

Soon after that disappointment, Holloway was speaking to his wife Yessica about future roles. “I really wanted to focus on quality content with good writing and the right people involved,” said the 46-year-old north Georgia native and Cherokee High School graduate in a phone interview earlier this month.

At that moment, “Lost” executive producer Carlton Cuse called Holloway with a lead role in mind on a new USA Network show “Colony,” which debuts Thursday at 10. Holloway would play former FBI man Will Bowman trying to protect his wife (Sarah Wayne Callies from “The Walking Dead”) and kids in a Los Angeles that has been walled off from the rest of the world under mysterious circumstances.

“I told Carlton, ‘You’re my hero, bro!’ ” Holloway said. And once he read the “Colony” script, he was in.

“Colony” begins about a year after occupation began. He and his wife are still struggling with the fact one of their sons was left outside the walls. They desperately want to track him down but electronic communication has been cut, residents can’t drive cars and drones track their every move. Actions he takes in the opening episode place him at risk before human authorities who are cooperating with the as yet unidentified (possibly alien) power brokers.

Married with two kids of his own, Holloway said he identifies with Bowman’s predicament. He likes “the subtle ups and downs of a long-term relationship and the stakes that brings. That meant a lot to me.” He also likes how characters are neither black nor white but very gray.

Bowman is a fundamentally good guy – unlike Sawyer of “Lost” fame – but is forced to make compromising moves to ensure his family’s survival. “It’s taking a man and bending him and see what’s going to happen,” Holloway said. “While Sawyer came from the dark to the light, Will is a patriot, a family man bent into the darkness.”

Holloway said the scenes of fleeting normality on the show – such as Will’s efforts to make an omelette – are reflective of how any society lives under duress. People have to adjust and live their lives, he said. He alluded to the Nazi occupation of Paris where vintage photos show residents casually dining in cafes while Nazi soldiers march by.

“It’s the oldest story in human existence,” Holloway said. “We’ve colonized someone or been colonized throughout human history. It’s amazing how fast we comply and try to get a life out of that.”

USA released the pilot on its app before Christmas and Holloway said fans have been asking him all sorts of existential questions and how they would deal with occupation over freedom. “That’s the type of response we want,” he said.

Holloway laughed when asked how Sawyer would manage in “Colony.” “He’d be living in a penthouse with all the goods,” he said. “He’d figure out a way to survive, no doubt.”

“Colony,” he said, has Cuse’s imprint on it because it’s a character-driven story wrapped around a mythology like “Lost.” “It’s like so many mysteries,” he said. “What’s outside the walls? Later in the season, we get pieces of what’s going on in other places. Like “Lost,’ you’ll know just enough to drive you crazy.”

He said he’s aware that both Cuse and Damon Lindelof of “Lost” got flak for what many fans felt was a muddled ending to “Lost.” He himself liked the way they closed it on an emotional note but said he facetiously offered his place in Wyoming for the “Lost” creators to hide out until social media settled down.

We had a couple of minutes for him to reminisce about his time in Canton back in the 1980s when it was a small rural town, not a suburban alcove of metro Atlanta.

“Everybody was country,” he said. “It was a way different mentality, a real small town. I grew up on a dirt road in Georgia. But my parents were very educated. Our neighbors were not. This was before the Internet. People were much more insulated.”

But he said he was always a popular guy at Cherokee High School who never stuck to a particular clique. “I’m not clique-y. I was an athlete but I hung out with the band guys. I was adaptable.”

TV PREVIEW

“Colony,” 10 p.m. Thursdays, USA, starting January 14, 2016
Georgia native Josh Holloway (‘Lost’) returns to USA’s ‘Colony’ January 14 | Radio and TV Talk
Old 01-13-2016, 08:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks Julie
icon by
Old 01-14-2016, 03:45 AM
MST Manager

Interview with Josh from Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entert...432_story.html

Josh is in this week's TV Guide.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:14 AM
MST Manager

Josh on Jimmy Kimmel on 13th January 2016.

Josh's poor children.

Quote:
Ask Josh Holloway to explain his new TV series, Colony, premiering on USA this week, and he mentions of a couple of different genres. “It’s a bit of an espionage thriller with some elements of sci-fi,” says the 46-year-old Lost and Intelligence alum. “Yes, it has the sci-fi backdrop, but it centers around family and the decisions you have to make under that situation,” he says. Holloway plays Will Bowman, the patriarch in the show, trying to protect and save his family in a (possibly) post-apocalyptic Los Angeles that’s recently been colonized by mysterious captors. Since the show was co-created by Carlton Cuse, one of the forces behind Lost, expect lots of tension and mystery. We caught up with Holloway to talk about the series and his new workout obsession.

How much of the show was kept a mystery to you? How early do you get to know certain plot points?
Basically as early as I want. But I don’t like to work that way. Lost kind of trained me in a different way. We’d get the scripts a day and half, maybe two days before filming, so we got really used to firing from the hip and using that uncertainty in our characters. Carlton is brilliant at that. And this is what is so interesting about this show. You gotta discover it as we discover it.

I’m sure being a little left in the dark helps your acting, too. Your character isn’t supposed to know everything that’s happening.
Absolutely! It’s natural, as humans, the more you sit with material—even though you try to not let your brain wrap around it, it will wrap around it. It will continue to try to work those problems out. It’s literally good to not have the information.

I’m guessing Colony has some big action scenes throughout the season?
Yes! There are, but what I love is that this is not an action-based show. The action is there and will ramp up at times, and the show focuses more on the characters at other times. It has a natural breath. I loved doing Intelligence, and the super action-packed thing, but I gotta admit that’s hard to sustain on the body. When you’re doing major action scenes every week, and you’re working 60 hour weeks…I had broken bones, torn ligaments, everything!

How do you prepare for those kinds of scenes?
All kinds of ways. I do martial arts; I’m an outdoorsman. I have two small children, and they’re always running me ragged. Recently, though, I started Jiu-Jitsu. I’m about 70 lessons in.

How did you get into Jiu-Jitsu?
I’ve been wanting to do it for 15 years…ever since the first time I saw Royce Gracie. Once you get past, and I’m still getting past it because I’m a white belt…but you have to get calm. And once you get calm, it becomes a chess match. Only when you’re starting are you a scrambling fool. But after that, you get relaxed. And I like that. I thought I might get injured more, but you don’t, you actually get injured less. People are very respectful in this sport. It’s one of the few arts where you can go 100 percent in your training. And that 100 percent is exhausting! I literally come out of there like a rag, but I love it.

Anything else besides Jiu-Jitsu?
Yeah, I still do some of the CrossFit-type of training. It’s not CrossFit. I’ve tried that, and it’s crazy! But I do a version of that, which involves muscle confusion that uses your own body weight instead of heavy lifting. I did all that in ‘80s, where you’re just like, “Yeah! Let’s pump up!” Everyone had big pecs and tiny toothpick-like skinny legs. And we all slathered ourselves with Tropicana oil. Now we’re actually working out for function, which makes a lot more sense.

What’s the best tip you ever got from a trainer?
When I was living in New York back in the ‘90s, my roommate, his name was John Francis, had a perfect body, and he said to me, “Holloway, just eat less and move more!” That’s the best tip I ever got!
Q&A With Josh Holloway - Q by Equinox
Old 01-14-2016, 08:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks Julie poor kids
icon by
Old 01-14-2016, 08:39 AM
MST Manager

I wonder what Yessica will do to him for calling her "wifey".
Old 01-15-2016, 07:57 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Josh Holloway doesn't get the Lost finale either
"I understand it when Carlton explains it, but it's fleeting."
Quote:
​People have a lot of different problems with the Lost finale, but one common complaint is that it's incomprehensible. If that's your beef, you're in good company.

"Unless Carlton sits me down and explains it to me, I still don't know what happened," Josh Holloway, aka Sawyer himself, admitted to Digital Spy at the TCA Press Tour yesterday (January 14).

"I get it when he explains it, but it's fleeting, it's in the moment."

He recalled being worried for the safety of Carlton Cuse and his co-writer Damon Lindelof when the finale aired, because fan anticipation was so feverish. "I think they did a good job of avoiding getting killed by a mob.

"I have this cabin up in the mountains at 10,000 feet, and I was like, 'you guys can go hide there if you want'. I wasn't sure they were gonna get out of this alive."

Holloway was promoting his new dystopian USA drama Colony, which premiered in the States last night and also stars Sarah Wayne Callies.
Josh Holloway doesn't get the Lost finale either
Old 01-15-2016, 09:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks Julie
icon by
Old 01-15-2016, 09:31 AM
MST Manager

Josh seems like the sort of person who doesn't understand certain things.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:18 AM
MST Manager

Josh on The Talk with Sarah Wayne Callies.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks Julie
icon by
Old 01-20-2016, 09:51 AM
MST Manager