Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

According to IMDB, Josh has been cast in S.H.I.E.L.D:

Quote:
The story of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division).

Josh Holloway ... Agent Clay Quartermain

S.H.I.E.L.D. (TV 2013) - IMDb
I actually think this is a TV pilot produced by Joss Whedon. I'm thinking all the people that wanted to see Josh play a superhero should be very happy if this is true.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 09-22-2012 at 07:50 PM
Old 09-22-2012, 11:12 PM
MST Manager

Thank you.

I can't find any news about this casting. IMDb always check their facts though, so I don't know what to believe. I would like it to be true.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

Has Samuel L. Jackson done any TV work in the past 15 or 20 years? I think he's still doing quite well with the movies.

I have no idea how IMDb works. I just know their content is submitted by users. Could someone report this casting as a rumour and see what happens - if it'll get deleted or not?
Old 09-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteriosa (View Post)
Has Samuel L. Jackson done any TV work in the past 15 or 20 years? I think he's still doing quite well with the movies.
He has, but they are usually smaller projects like mini-series, documentaries or voice work. If he is in the pilot, it wouldn't have to mean that he would be a series regular. He could just be making a guest appearance and his character could pop up once in a blue moon after that.

Quote:
I have no idea how IMDb works. I just know their content is submitted by users. Could someone report this casting as a rumour and see what happens - if it'll get deleted or not?
To be honest, I don't really know how it works either. I recently submitted a casting to an actor's IMDB profile page after I saw some on-set pictures on Twitter and the casting was only added once it was confirmed by bigger online publications.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 09-24-2012 at 03:24 PM
Old 09-27-2012, 06:08 AM
MST Manager

All of the actors' names have been taken off the S.H.I.E.L.D. IMDb page.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
All of the actors' names have been taken off the S.H.I.E.L.D. IMDb page.
I'm not surprised. get-lost posted on FBL that Josh's casting in S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't true.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:23 AM
MST Manager

The Top 10 Guest Spots We'd Love To See On Tv.

Quote:
8. Josh Holloway on NBC’s Revolution

Holloway appeared on an episode of Community in 2011, so he could easily move to another series on the Peacock network. Revolution seems like the perfect fit: Not only will it put him back in an action vehicle, with which he did so well on ABC’s Lost and in Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, but it will also reunite him with Lost co-star Elizabeth Mitchell.

Holloway has a few movies in the works, including one with Harrison Ford (Cowboys & Aliens) and Gary Oldman (Lawless), so he may not be interested in returning to TV. Still, he pretty much stole the show in Lost, and I could see him having a successful TV career. If he couldn’t headline his own series, then I could see him guest-starring as a soldier who’s a part of the militia or resistance movement in Revolution. If that could parlay into a series role for Holloway, too, it’d be even better.
The complete list is here.

http://scottfeinberg.com/the-top-10-...ed-love-to-see
Old 10-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Um, as much as I would love to see Josh back on TV, I would have to say 'No' to this. Revolution is mediocre at best and I would like to see Josh in something good.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 10-10-2012 at 09:59 AM
Old 10-10-2012, 10:00 AM
MST Manager

I haven't seen Revolution yet. I don't know if I will.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

If you ever decide to check it out, I would advise you to go into it with very very low expectations. Revolution is in big parts poorly acted and the writing is nothing to write home about either.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:47 AM
MST Manager

Ok. It will probably come to the UK some time.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:27 PM
MST Manager

More Marvel rumours.

Quote:
In other Captain America 2 casting rumors, Marvel is currently looking to fill two “very physical” male roles that are assumed to be villains. LR hears that for one of the parts, Marvel is keen on either Lost actor Josh Holloway or Game of Thrones star Nikolaj Coster Waldau. They note that Kevin Durand (Cosmopolis, X-Men Origins: Wolverine) is also on the list, though he’s more of a fringe choice compared to Holloway or Waldau. It’s unclear who has the edge, but it’s hard to judge who’s better for the role without knowing anything about the character.
http://collider.com/captain-america-...instead/202550
Old 10-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

It never ends. This rumor seems to have some weight, though. I'd really love for Josh to join The Winter Soldier, although it might be a five minutes role like Richard Armitage's part in the first installment.

A bit sad that he is up against Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, he's nice. It's easier to root against actors you don't like. Josh and Nikolaj have things in common - both can play bad boys really well, both very tall and blonde. Kevin Durand doesn't have the looks on his side but we've seen that he can portray viciousness pretty easily.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:09 PM
MST Manager

Yes, it seems as if someone has some sort of knowledge. I hope it's true!

Oh yes, Kevin Durand was seriously scary on LOST.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:55 PM
MST Manager

More Marvel news.

Quote:
Frank Grillo To Play Villain Crossbones In ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’?
Quote:
The awesome Frank Grillo has tweeted, that he is close to being confirmed a one of the major villains in Marvel sequel CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER. Great performances in the underrated duo WARRIOR and THE GREY have seen Grillo as an actor on the rise despite the disappointment of those efforts at the box-office. Marvel have over the last few days, been screen testing him for bad-ass Crossbones. The character will most likely see him as the miscreant who defrosts the frozen corpse of Sebastian Stan’s Bucky Barnes and sets him on a path to kill former friend Steve Rodgers.

We already know Chris Evans will don the patriotic costume once again, alongside the now confirmed Anthony Mackie as Sam ‘Falcon’ Wilson. It’s also expected AVENGERS’ co-stars Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson and Cobie Smulders will feature somewhere in the plot. LOST’s Josh Holloway and THE THING’s Mary Elizabeth Winstead are also in talks to join the cast.

Shooting on the superhero sequel is set to commence next spring for a release slated for 4th April 2014. Grillo meanwhile, is set to reunite with his THE GREY director Joe Carnahan on the remake of 1970s controversial thriller DEATH WISH, which is also rumoured to feature Liam Neeson. He’ll next be seen in anticipated efforts END OF WATCH, GANGSTER SQUAD and Kathryn Bigelow’s ZERO DARK THIRTY.
http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2012...winter-soldier
Closed Thread   Post New Thread