Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Josh in 5x01 - 'Because You Left' and 5x02 - 'The Lie': Lost Episodes Discussion

Episode 5x01 - Because You Left

Airdate: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 (9:00 - 10:00 p.m., ET)
Written by: Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse
Directed by: Stephen Williams
Ratings: 11.35 million viewers and a 5.0 rating in the 18-49 age bracket

Episode description: 'The remaining island survivors start to feel the effects of the aftermath of moving the island, and Jack and Ben begin their quest to reunite the Oceanic 6 in order to return to the island with Locke's body in an attempt to save their former fellow castaways.' (source: abcmedianet.com)

Guest Star List: L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Sam Anderson as Bernard, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, William Mapother as Ethan Rom, Francois Chau as Dr. Marvin Candle, Sonya Walger as Penelope "Penny" Widmore, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, William Blanchett as Aaron, Sean Whalen as Neil Frogurt, Tom Irwin as Dan Norton, Michael Dempsey as foreman, Stephanie Smart as ticket agent, Leslie Ishii as woman, Cindy Paliracio as TV anchor, Brad Berryhill as anxious guy, Sven Lindstrom as crew member, Chantal Boomla as counter girl and Jeremy Colvin as security guard.

Promotional Photos: None featuring Sawyer has been released yet.
Look at all the promotional photos released for this episode on Lost-Media.com HERE.

Sneak Peeks:

Kate and Aaron (02:00) | HQ version

Jack and Ben (01:42) | HQ version

Episode 5x02 - The Lie

Airdate: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 (10:00 - 11:00 p.m., ET)
Written by: Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz
Directed by: Jack Bender
Ratings: -

Episode description: 'Hurley and Sayid are on the run from the cops after stumbling into trouble at the safehouse; the island survivors come under attack by unknown forces; and an old friend offers some shocking advice to Kate in order to ensure that "the lie" remain a secret.' (source: abcmedianet.com)

Guest Star List: Michelle Rodriguez as Ana Lucia, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Sam Anderson as Bernard, Sonya Walger as Penelope "Penny" Widmore, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Lillian Hurst as Carmen Reyes, Cheech Marin as David Reyes, William Blanchett as Aaron, Sean Whalen as Neil Frogurt, Tom Connolly as Jones, Mary Mara as Jill, Dana Sorman as Darlene, James Jeremiah as police officer, Stephanie Conching as nurse, Matthew Allan as Cunningham and Todd Bryant as Mattingly.

Promotional Photos:

----

Promos & Trailers:

- Promo #1 (01:15)

- Promo #2 (00:15)

- ABC general promo featuring Lost (01:00)

- The Fray music video featuring Lost

- Promo #3 (00:30)

- Promo #4 (00:30)

- Promo #5 (00:30)

- Promo #6 (01:00)

- Promo #7 (01:00)

- Promo #8 (00:30)

- Promo #9 (00:30)

Note -- before the first two episodes of S5, ABC will air a re-cap show at 8:00 p.m.:
'ABC once again invites new and avid "Lost" viewers to take another look at one of the most talked about and critically acclaimed shows. 'Lost: Destiny Calls' will explore the series in a way that will bring new viewers up to date -- but which current viewers will also find illuminating - in anticipation of the two-hour fifth season premiere. The special will take an in-depth look at the mysteries of the island, its inhabitants, the Oceanic 6, outside influences such as Charles Widmore, and also delve into some of the questions that have been answered, and others that still remain a mystery. "Lost: Destiny Calls" airs WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 21 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.'
Catch up with the characters of LOST, relive their fight to survive and re-discover why the Oceanic 6 survivors must now go back to the island to save their friends. LOST producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse are your guides on “Lost: Destiny Calls.”
(press release)

Last edited by Hawthorn; 01-23-2009 at 08:06 AM
Hawthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

*reserving this second post in case I have to add more images later on, and split the OP in two parts to get around the 25 pics limit *
Old 01-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread, Fran.
The OP looks great. It's nice to see all the Sawyer caps from promos in one place.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

here's an update on the clip show info:

“Lost: Destiny Calls” is the official title for the program scheduled to air on Wednesday, January 21 and Saturday, January 24, 2009 in the 8:00 - 9:00 PM ET/PT time period.

Catch up with the characters of LOST, relive their fight to survive and re-discover why the Oceanic 6 survivors must now go back to the island to save their friends. LOST producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse are your guides on “Lost: Destiny Calls.”
Old 01-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the info D, I edited it in!

I apologize about the various sizes of the caps - can you tell I took them in different times, lol.

Only 11 days to!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I get to read all the stuff about the episode now.

Are two episodes airing back to back , is Because You Left a two-hour episode , or I am crazy?

addicted2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2much (View Post)
I get to read all the stuff about the episode now.
Maria, will you go back to watch the Sawyer clips for the S5 episodes?
For me?
Quote:
Are two episodes airing back to back , is Because You Left a two-hour episode , or I am crazy?
The premiere is only the first episode, Because You Left, but they'll air it back to back to the second episode of the season, The Lie.
In case you want to know which characters they resolve around:
Spoiler:
Old 01-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Maria, will you go back to watch the Sawyer clips for the S5 episodes?
For me?
I thought I told you I was considering watching the new season.

Quote:
In case you want to know which characters they resolve around:
Thanks for the spoilage.

I was looking at the caps and Season 5 must the season of naked Sawyer.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I thought I told you I was considering watching the new season.
"Considering" is pretty vague - I would like you... to promise on the buttons of the black shirt.
Quote:
I was looking at the caps and Season 5 must the season of naked Sawyer.
We're getting a full hour of that. What makes me annoyed though is that the shirtless detail seems to be what all the media and magazines mention in their "spoiler-free" reviews of the first two episodes when it comes to Sawyer. They could spend a couple more words in something other than the eye candy factor, trying to stay away from any major revalation.

There is another picture (from EW) that must be a promo picture and is beautiful, but I can't post it because the text in the page is spoiler-y. I'll see if I can crop out Sawyer thought - in that shot he looks awesome, and the picture itself is safe, spoiler wise.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
"Considering" is pretty vague - I would like you... to promise on the buttons of the black shirt.
That would make my promise a solemn oath and I'm not ready to make that commitment.

Quote:
We're getting a full hour of that. What makes me annoyed though is that the shirtless detail seems to be what all the media and magazines mention in their "spoiler-free" reviews of the first two episodes when it comes to Sawyer.
They are trying to sell magazines.

Quote:
They could spend a couple more words in something other than the eye candy factor, trying to stay away from any major revalation.
I think I saw something that the media have seen the first two episodes , but can't reveal anything major.

Quote:
There is another picture (from EW) that must be a promo picture and is beautiful, but I can't post it because the text in the page is spoiler-y.
Dang! I didn't renew my subscription to EW. I am going to have to look at the spoiler thread.

Quote:
I'll see if I can crop out Sawyer thought - in that shot he looks awesome, and the picture itself is safe, spoiler wise.
Good.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
That would make my promise a solemn oath and I'm not ready to make that commitment.
LOL, ok. I have faith in you. I also have a fragile heart and you know I wub you a lot.
Quote:
I think I saw something that the media have seen the first two episodes , but can't reveal anything major.
If it weren't that they did spill spoielr-y bits.

BTW, i totally csrwed up in saying the picture was from Entertainment Weekly, 'cause it's from US Weekly, sorry - here is the Sawyer part of it (with my rushed and lame attempt to cover the text on the top right):

Half of Juliet is covered in text, so I cropped her off.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

Oh Fran that pic and oh yes and bummer I´m actually excited about season 5 of Lost

to Misty too! And everyone that remembers me from the spoiler thread
ALEXA82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
BTW, i totally csrwed up in saying the picture was from Entertainment Weekly, 'cause it's from US Weekly, sorry - here is the Sawyer part of it (with my rushed and lame attempt to cover the text on the top right):
Thank you!

I see from the promo photos that Sawyer finds a shirt. It looks like Brownie , but how can that be? Brownie would just be a few thread by now.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Hi Alexa!
It's great to see you again and I'm happy you're looking forward to the next seaosn. Hopefully, it'll be worth it.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXA82 (View Post)
Oh Fran that pic and oh yes and bummer I´m actually excited about season 5 of Lost

to Misty too! And everyone that remembers me from the spoiler thread
Alexa!!!
I did a double take when I saw your username, lol. It's great to see you around and stopping by here! S5 seems promising for Sawyer so far - let's hope things will end better than how they did in S4.
Quote:
I see from the promo photos that Sawyer finds a shirt. It looks like Brownie , but how can that be? Brownie would just be a few thread by now.
Harmless (and full of lulz) spoiler for you:
Spoiler:
Reply   Post New Thread