Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 02:37 PM
MST Manager

Thank you Roseli
Old 11-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww. That must be from the Lost wrap party last year. Yessica is so tiny.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteriosa (View Post)
Why would anyone need/want their hair to grow below the mid back? It's so impractical.
So is wearing heels. But they make your legs look pretty.
Besides, if your hair is thick/easy to manage enough (and Yessica's hair looks strong and super straight), you can easily style it in a braid when you don't want it to bother you, getting in your face and such.
The only real downside is getting it to dry completely in the winter.
Quote:
How do you run your fingers through hair this long. You come mid way through...and either your fingers get entangled or you get up and continue until the ends.

That's a pretty pic, thanks for posting Roseli!
Isn't that the last photo the fake Josh Holloway on Twitter posted before disappearing? lol

And to go back in topic, a Josh quote from his InStyle interview - one I very much agree with:
Quote:
"I'm naturally a romantic person, and so is my wife. But we've learned, especially since having a child, that it's important to translate romantic thoughts into romantic actions. Buy those flowers, make those reservations. Because love is not just a feeling, it’s an act of will. You have to feed it or it will go away."
And he also mentioned how he gets a lot of kisses from Java when he is clean-shaved.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:37 PM
MST Manager

Josh is so sweet and so wise.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

He is. What he says about love is true - feelings don't exactly disappear, but you need to nurture any kind of relationship (romance, friendship) to keep it strong.
Only the love of a parent for their children is absolute.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:00 AM
MST Manager

I wish more people realised it.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love that quote. Spoken like a man who's actually put in the work. There needs to be more men like him.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
"I'm naturally a romantic person, and so is my wife. But we've learned, especially since having a child, that it's important to translate romantic thoughts into romantic actions. Buy those flowers, make those reservations. Because love is not just a feeling, it’s an act of will. You have to feed it or it will go away."
I'll be the dissenting voice here and say that I don't necessarily agree with Josh. I think love is primarily and mostly a feeling, and how people choose to express and live it depends on their personalities (in addition to some other factors.

Some couples may be doing all those things (flowers, dinners, gifts) without romantic love at the basis and some may love each other without doing all those things.

I'm sort of a pleaser and like to make people (the ones I love/like and the ones I don't even know) content if I can. But at the same time, I'm not a romantic person in the way Josh and Yessica are. I don't really enjoy the classical romantic things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
So is wearing heels. But they make your legs look pretty.
Heels can only do so much - make a pretty pair of legs even prettier. (While also hurting your feet and making them suffer.)

Quote:
Besides, if your hair is thick/easy to manage enough (and Yessica's hair looks strong and super straight), you can easily style it in a braid when you don't want it to bother you, getting in your face and such.
The only real downside is getting it to dry completely in the winter.
You can braid hair much shorter than Yessica's too, so that's not actually a pro for having super long hair.

Quote:

A-ha!
And I haven't even mentioned the possibility of sitting on your hair all the time. Having super long hairs all over the place (you can't completely stop it from falling out).
Old 12-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I believe what Josh meant was more general than giving gifts or taking your significant other out on nice dates, or any other "classic" romantic gesture - I believe he was talking about letting the other person know how much you care about them and the relationship you have, and there are many ways to do that.
Because you don't just love someone, think of a person as your "the one", or best friend, and can count on it being an everlasting feeling without nurturing it.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree. I think it's the same with any relationship you value. You have to put the effort in.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

But that's equating love with a relationship (marriage or any other type). That's what I felt Josh's quote implied.

I think it's possible for a person to love someone (or two people love each other) without having a successful relationship, or not being in a relationship at all. Just like it's possible to have a good relationship or marriage between people who were never really in love with each other (they make it work based on some other things).

If you love someone who doesn't love you back, and for various reasons, you can't express that love to them and "feed" it - it still remains love IMO. Because love is a feeling.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

So it's both Yessica and Java conspiring against us. They hate Josh's facial hair.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Supreme Fan

via twitter.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Roseli! I'm amused that photos from that Lost wrap party are still coming out a year and a half later.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:12 AM
MST Manager

Thanks Roseli!

I love the way people lean in to fit into photos even though there's a lot of room!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread