Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2014, 11:36 AM
MST Manager

It is! I'm looking forward to the rest of the episodes!
Old 01-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

Great pics!
Ann357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:12 AM
MST Manager

I'm loving all of the characters in Intelligence. Gabriel/Riley Dr. Cassidy/Nelson and Lillian/Jeff are great pairings so far!
Old 02-04-2014, 03:52 AM
MST Manager

Great Lillian/Leland scenes in The Rescue episode. I hope we get more scenes with them.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

Yes, many of the supporting characters are good.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:11 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
POSTED ON FEB 20, 2014 02:05PM

Marg Helgenberger brings her tough but incredibly sexy
Intelligence to CBS’ new thrilling series

Smart, tough and hot as hell, Emmy-winning Marg Helgenberger was a key factor in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation becoming the most popular television show in the world. Now, after 12 years on the show and a two-year sabbatical, Helgenberger is back on TV as Lillian Strand, the chic, no-nonsense head of U.S. Cyber Command in the globe-trotting action/sci-fi drama Intelligence. Lillian’s trickiest task is supervising Josh Holloway’s Gabriel Black, a superagent outfitted with a microchip implant in his brain giving him an all-access pass to the world’s information grid. Helgenberger has described the show as “James Bond meets Frankenstein meets Mission: Impossible,” and so I had to say …

Watch!:From what I’ve seen of Intelligence, Lillian is the new equivalent of Bond’s boss, M.
Marg Helgenberger: Right! Besides Judi Dench’s M, I keep Hillary Clinton in mind all of the time while playing this role. She’s one of my idols, so in practically every scene I go, “How would Hillary deal with this situation?”

Watch!: Well, like Hillary, Lillian is very much in charge.
Marg:She’s not a bitch; she’s just got a lot on her plate and the buck stops with her. She’s always been surrounded by men in positions of power and that’s never easy—there’s still a fair amount of sexism that exists—so she has to be tougher and stronger than the guys.

Watch!: Not unlike CSI’s Catherine Willows. What do people on the street say to you about her?
Marg:Girls from ages 11 to 16 just love CSI because Catherine was such a cool, direct, intuitive lady who shot from the hip. When they see me, they gasp! When Taylor Swift guest-starred [in 2009], it turned out that she was a huge fan of Catherine, too. She walked into my trailer, covered her mouth and squealed, “I can’t believe it!” (Laughs.) I love that Catherine had such an influence on girls.

Watch!: Guys love her—and you—too. I found a slew of YouTube tribute videos entitled everything from “Marg Helgenberger—Hey Sexy Lady” to “M.H.—Sexy Bitch.”
Marg:I’m so flattered that people would do that for me! They’re fanboys and girls—and I’m a fangirl of a lot of people, too. But if I’m at some function and see someone I admire, I’m way too nervous and shy to say what a fan I am. Like, what do you say to Bruce Springsteen?

Watch!: “I want to marry you”?
Marg: Oh, my God—I know, right?!

Watch!: So you’re a music megafan?
Marg: Huge. To the degree that while I was on hiatus, I picked up the guitar again and started taking lessons. I have maybe 25 songs that I can play and sing now—it’s been incredibly therapeutic.

Watch!: So if I said, “Marg, play us a tune,” what have you got?
Marg: I play and sing the Black Keys’ “Little Black Submarines” really well. And I play this Jack White song, “Love Interruption,” and I’m pretty good on a couple of U2 tunes like “One” and “In a Little While.”

Watch!: You’re also a football fiend. On Twitter you posted a picture of an autographed Carolina Panthers football atop a heap of money you’d won from the cast.
Marg: I love football—love it. I’m a Panthers fan, because when I was shooting a movie in North Carolina in 1994, they’d just become a franchised team and my son was a little boy, so we decided, “Let’s root for this team.” I’m also really into the Colts and the Broncos.

Watch!:You ought to team up with Christine Baranski, who once told me what a crazed football fan she was.
Marg: I know Christine and I’d love to go to a game with her. I’d even bet with her on games—that’d be a blast!

Watch!: Go for it! OK, you once said that when starting CSI you felt “magic dust” over its prospects. Do you feel that way about Intelligence?
Marg: I feel it in that it’s smart, entertaining, provocative and timely. We have a good chance, because there’s something in it for everybody.

Watch!:That said, how was it to return to CSI last fall for its 300th episode?
Marg: It was like putting on a pair of sweats and comfy shoes. We always had so much fun.

Watch!espite all the gore and guts?
Marg: I think that’s why we had such fun—the subject matter was so disturbing, we had to laugh. I remember being at a landfill in one episode and, I’m not joking, we were slogging in garbage all day long. I mean, ha! What else do you do but laugh? Oh, the glamour.
Click: Power Player - Watch Magazine - CBS.com
Old 02-22-2014, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the interview
Old 02-22-2014, 07:52 AM
MST Manager

An interview with PJ Byrne for "Star Apps" in which he mentions what it's like to work with Josh.

Quote:
What's it like working opposite Josh Holloway and Marg Helgenberger?

Josh is the best No. 1 that you could ever have on a call sheet, because he's such a dude, never down and always funny. The character is a pseudo-brother character, and you could fall in love with him and take him as your brother very easily. Like, "You're the man, bro." Marg is probably one of the classiest women in America, and I always thought if we had to send someone to meet the queen of England, we'd send Marg, because she's such a classy woman. She's also cool as heck, super down-to-earth, and very funny.
The full interview is here. Star Apps: P.J. Byrne | The Download Blog - CNET Download.com
Old 02-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the interviews Julie

Slipca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:01 AM
MST Manager

Cool pics. Thank you.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:02 PM
Elite Fan

Meghan will return to OUAT this season:

Source

Hamburgo1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:18 PM
MST Manager

Thank you, Alex.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:49 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
It might be hard to stand out next to Josh Holloway, but P.J. Bryne is making a go of it by trying to bring a little humor to his role of Nelson Cassidy on CBS’s Intelligence, which airs on CBS Mondays at 10 pm ET.

I recently spoke by Byrne via email to learn more about Intelligence and ask him if he was a fan of Holloway’s former show, LOST.

For those who haven't had a chance to watch Intelligence yet, what are the three things you would tell them to get them to watch?

I'll give you 5!

1. Josh Holloway takes his shirt off.

2. Meg and Marg are hot.

3. Michael Rady puts the handsome in handsome.

4. John Billingsley makes smart look and sound damn sexy.

5. I don't take my shirt off.

How did you come to audition for the show?

Well, we were back in pilot season and my agents sent me this great script and the sides for my character. I remember reading it and saying to myself...yes! This is the one. I met and read for our great show-runner Michael Seitzman and producer Tripp Vinson and the rest is history.

You've done quite a number of movies—why did you want to do a weekly TV show?

First of all, I think there are some incredible stories being told on television and incredible characters that facilitate those stories. I honestly believe Intelligence does both... great story, great characters.

Also, I just had a new baby girl and having a10 minute commute to the Disney lot every day to shoot Intelligence makes for a real a nice life.

Describe the relationship your character has with your on-screen father?

There is a lot of love between me and my Dad played by the superb John Billingsley. The problem is I am a little needy for him to show it...and unfortunately he is a man married to his work.

That's why I really join him in his efforts... to be close to him.

I also, don't love the fact that he dotes on Josh's character so much instead of me. But when all the chips are down I know he will always be there for me... and I for him.

Any fun set stories yet?

We might have snuck on to the Muppet Movie set… and watched the filming... we felt like the spies we play on TV. Our director of the episode took out his iPhone to take a pic and got busted!

He deleted the pic and everybody hugged and made nice. So what did I learn... never ask a director to be a spy.

Your character hasn't really been out in the field yet—will that change over the course of the season?

You bet it I will!!! I can save the world just like Josh Holloway can... except he looks way cooler and stronger and hotter doing it.

Damn him!

What are some fun story-lines and episodes coming up that you can tease for fans?

You will see me be an action star! By accident of course... but an action star nonetheless. Maybe while trying to save the world from a nuclear something or other or maybe some plague. I don't know... well I do... I'm just not allowed to officially say.

And finally—just curious. Were you a LOST fan? If so, any fun conversations with Josh Holloway you can share talking about his former show?

I remember Josh in passing said people and friends always ask him questions about LOST. He said it didn't bother him but.... I never asked him. I mean, I didn't want to be the first one to annoy my boy Holloway with a question about LOST.
P.J. Byrne Promises Not to Take His Shirt Off on ‘Intelligence’ - Starpulse.com
Old 02-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Slipca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:24 PM
MST Manager

Thank you, Eva!