Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

From the few comments I catch around, people are waiting for him to go back to TV. I genuinely have no preferences anymore, I just hope he has clearer ideas and plans then before.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:55 AM
MST Manager

For my own sake, I want Josh to do anything as long as he's working. For Josh's sake, I want him to do films because that seems to be what he wants.
Sulieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think we already mentioned this project in the past - now that things look a bit more concrete, it makes me really wish Josh had a shot at something like this:
Quote:
HBO‘s long-in-the-works World War II miniseries project from Band Of Brothers and The Pacific producers Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, has acquired the rights to Donald L. Miller’s book Masters Of The Air: America’s Bomber Boys Who Fought The Air War Against Nazi Germany, which may be joined by other source material. The project has been in development for months and was announced by HBO programming president Michael Lombardo last October at an event in France. The Band Of Brothers and Pacific follow-up portrays a cross section of officers and enlisted men who served in the Eighth Air Force and fought in the air war against Germany. Based in England, the men of the “Mighty Eighth” faced unprecedented physical, psychological and moral challenges. Hanks, Spielberg and Gary Goetzman executive produce for Playtone and Amblin Television.
Steven Spielberg & Tom Hanks' Third HBO WWII Miniseries Finds Book
Old 01-18-2013, 11:16 PM
MST Manager

Yes Fran, that would be ideal for Josh!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

I think it would do Josh some good to sign up for a mini-series or a limited 1-season guest spot on a popular cable series like Justified, Homeland, The Walking Dead or even AHS. It would help getting his face out there and that could lead to better movie roles. But that being said, I don't think he's going to do it, though.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 01-22-2013 at 07:12 AM
Hamburgo1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, he should try to build some buzz around his name again, but I get a feeling he is looking at TV as "last resource" at the moment.
But who knows, I genuinely can't seem to crack his choice making process or even what he truly wants from acting gigs.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

J.J. Abrams set to direct ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’

You know what that could mean?

J.J. Abrams set to direct ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ | Hero Complex – movies, comics, pop culture – latimes.com
Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

That Josh could get cast as the next-gen Han Solo or one of his off-spring. It would be absolutely amazing if that happens.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
That Josh could get cast as the next-gen Han Solo or one of his off-spring. It would be absolutely amazing if that happens.
That's the first thing that came to mind. He's got the close connections, so it's not impossible. And wouldn't it be some strange kind of karma that all those years ago on Lost they called his character the Han Solo of Lost and his name Ford alluded to Harrison.... to think 10 years later it could all ... come back around....

I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch, though.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej240z (View Post)
That's the first thing that came to mind. He's got the close connections, so it's not impossible. And wouldn't it be some strange kind of karma that all those years ago on Lost they called his character the Han Solo of Lost and his name Ford alluded to Harrison.... to think 10 years later it could all ... come back around....

I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch, though.
It definitely would be. And now that I think about it, wouldn't Evangeline make a good Princess Leia? She certainly has the looks for it. But yeah, I'm not going to get too far ahead of myself either.

Do we already know how they are going to update the Star Wars franchise? Is it going to be a continuation of the first 3 films or are they going to do a reboot like they did with Star Trek? If it's the latter, I would guess that they are probably going to go for younger actors in the leading roles.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 01-24-2013 at 06:46 PM
Old 01-24-2013, 11:27 PM
MST Manager

It would be brilliant if Josh could get a part in this. I don't see a reason why he couldn't get a part.

Already, people are suggesting Josh on Twitter.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

I think they'll go with a much bigger name, someone who is popular in Hollywood right now. Also, someone younger.

And for some reason I think princess Leia will be played by Emma Stone (whom I haven't seen in anything yet).
Old 01-25-2013, 08:17 AM
MST Manager

Josh could play an alien.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteriosa (View Post)
I think they'll go with a much bigger name, someone who is popular in Hollywood right now. Also, someone younger.
I could see them going for someone like Chris Hemsworth. He's very popular in Hollywood right now and he has worked with JJ on the Star Trek reboot. I'm still hoping that Josh will be featured, though, even if it's only in a small role.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

As far as I've heard, this is not going to involve re-casting characters. Right now they aren't saying what the storyline will be and what characters will or will not carry over into the new movies.