Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

*SPOILERS* #28: The Finale Follies - Step Right Inside

banner (& thread title) by deej240z

The N.O.S.E.

No Obedient Souls Élite
This thread is to collect and discuss all the news, spoilers and speculations about Sawyer in the fourth season of Lost.
Lost airs every Thursday at 10:00 p.m. ET

Shooting dates
4x01 (The Beginning Of The End - Hurley FF): unknown
4x02 (Confirmed Dead - Boaties FB): unknown
4x03 (The Economist - Sayid FF): Sept. 14 - Sept. 28
4x04 (Eggtown - Kate FF): Sept. 25 - Oct. 6
4x05 (The Constant - Desmond FB): Oct. 5 - Oct. 18
4x06 (The Other Woman - Juliet FB): Oct. 16 - Oct. 30
4x07 (Ji Yeon - Jin&Sun FF): Oct. 27 - Nov. 9
4x08 (Meet Kevin Johnson - Michael FB): Nov. 9 (?) - Nov. 21
4x09 (The Beginning Of The End - Ben FF): Mar. 9 - March 24
4x10 (Something Nice Back Home - Jack FF): March 20 - April 4
4x11 (Cabin Fever - Locke FB): April 2 - April 15
4x12 - 4x13 - 4x14 (There's No Place Like Home - ? ): ? - May 9

This post is to collect only the Sawyer-related spoilers/news.

Spoilers
May 19, 2008
By Lostfan108 via DarkUFO: Synopsis for 4x13 - There's No Place Like Home (Part 2 & 3)

May 18, 2008
- DocArzt spoiler puzzle for 4x13 - There's No Place Like Home (Part 2& 3)
'Sawyer jumps from the helicopter because it is carrying too many people.'

- Promo #2 for 4x13 - There's No Place Like Home (Part 2 &3)

May 15, 2008
- The "spectacular kiss" is between Sawyer and Kate
'Well after seeing the Promo for the Finale in 2 weeks I can confirm that the "Spectacular" kiss that people like Kristin have been raving about is between Kate and Sawyer. But there is more to that scene that has not been revealed yet.'

- Promo #1 for 4x13 - There's No Place Like Home (Part 2 & 3) | screencaps

- TV guide interview with co-executive producer Jean Higgins
'And while Higgins can confirm that the latest Jack-Kate flash-forwards transpired well before the Season 3 finale's "We have to go baaaack!" scene, she won't pinpoint what exactly it is that Kate promised Sawyer and thus enrages her fiancé. "I would say that will come out most likely next year," she ventures.'

- By Lost108Fan via DarkUFO: 4x12 - There's No Place Like Home (Part 1) synopsis

- Sneak Peek #7 for There's No Place Like Home (Part 1) (Oceanic Six)

May 14, 2008
- Ask Ausiello: the "spectacula kiss"
Question: Ausiello, last year you rode in on a white steed and gave us crucial info about the Lost finale. Can you be our hero again this season and give us more on the "spectacular kiss"? — Beth
Ausiello:
It seems Darlton was holding out on us. Not only is the kiss spectacular, but according to a very solid source, it's the kind of liplock that "stops f---ing time" and "makes the entire world vanish in the moment."

- By DocArzt: 3 new sneak peeks for 4x12 - There's No Place Like Home (Part 1) (Beach camp; Sayid/Juliet; Locke/Hurley/Ben)

- Additional promotional photos for 4x12 - There's No Place Like Home (Part 1)
eta - May 16, 2008: more promo pics added

May 13, 2008
From ABC.com: 3 sneak peeks for 4x12 - Thre's No Place Like Home (Part 1): Sawyer/Kate/Jack; Sayid; [IMG]Ben/Locke/Hurley[/IMG]

May 12, 2008
Press release for 4x13 - There's No Place Like Home (Part 2 & 3)

May 11, 2008
Promo #2 for 4x12 - There's No Place Like Home (Part 1)

May 9, 2008
S5 and S6 will have 17 episodes each.

May 8, 2008
- Promo for 4x12 - There's No Place Like Home (Part 1) | screencaps

- Watch with Kristin - Season Finale Shakeups (video)

May 7, 2008
- ABC official description for 4x12 - There's No Place Like Home (Part 2 & 3) via DarkUFO: 'The face-off between the survivors and the freighter people continues, and the Oceanic Six find themselves closer to rescue.'

- Promotional photos for 4x12 - There's No Place Like Home (Part 2 & 3)

May 5, 2008
Watch with Kristin spoiler chat: Skate; Sawyer; Locke
Alexandre in Toulon, France: Kristin! God I lose my French accent when I saw Jack and Kate hooked up! what happened? Please tell me it was a nightmare and Kate's heart still belongs to Sawyer!
Hee! Sorry, I had to include this question, 'cause it cracks me up. Who knew a TV show could make you lose your accent? But I hear you, mon petit fromage! Here's the thing: That spectacular kiss is still coming. In the season finale. Only a few weeks away. So let's all sit tight, OK?

Ally in Ireland: Please tell me Sawyer doesn't die...He isn't one of the Oceanic 6?
Right, he's not. But Sawyer doesn't die. He's alive. On the Island.

April 28, 2008
- Promotional photos for 4x12 - There's No Place Like Home (Part 1)

- Watch with Kristin Spoiler Chat: Sawyer; Keamy; Charlotte
Magali in Columbus, Ohio: What's coming up for Sawyer in these last remaining episodes of Lost?
All I know is I'm hearing there's a supersecret Sawyer scene in the finale. I don't know anything about it, but I do suspect/believe it's the game changer that leads to the prophesized end of the time-jumpy flashes on Lost.

- ABC Press release for 4x12 - There's No Place Like Home (Part 1)
'The face-off between the survivors and the freighter people begins.'

April 24, 2008
- Entertainment Weekly: The Show Is Back! (+ clip)

April 23, 2008
A.V. Club interview with Lindelof and Cuse

April 21, 2008
Watch with Kristin Spoiler Chat: Orchid Station, Seth Norris
Francie in Pasadena, Calif.: Can you share Lost info, s'il vous plaît?
According to my sources, the Orchid Station, which we should finally see soon, may be a major set going into next season as well. I've personally decided that's because it is totally a time machine, but I've been known to talk crazy.

April 17, 2008
Teleconference with Lindelof and Cuse:
* full audio by DocArzt
* report by Cynthia Littleton
* Kristin of E! report

"All we can say is that Sawyer is not one of the Oceanic 6 and Jack and Kate are. And obviously, there will be a huge focus in these final three hours of the show that comprise the finale in terms of how that series of events transpires, and ultimately what happens to Sawyer, and it’s all on the axis of the love triangle. So we think that both fans of Sawyer and Kate, otherwise known as the Skaters from what I’m told, and Jack and Kate, the Jaters, will have a bounty of interesting romantic scenes." - Damon Lindelof

April 16, 2008
Via DakUFO: Josh filming top secret footage in Los Angeles
Update: 20th April - My source who was initially convinced about Josh Holloway filming some Lost scenes in LA is now not quite so sure. He thinks he may have jumped the gun based on some info he received. So it's still unclear if indeed he was filming in LA. Only time will tell and of course if we get any confirmation either way we'll update you on the situation.

'Josh Holloway was caught at LAX airport (video here) and I can confirm to you all that he was there for some top secret Lost filming. [...] I will tell you that the only other thing I can say at the moment is that "This is NOT filming for a Flashback". Also as I mentioned in the comments, he was not filming at the airport but was in LA for filming.'

April 14, 2008
TV Guide behind-the-scene photos: scan 1 | scan 2 (credit: Susan via DarkUFO)
'Expect "more Indiana Jones kind of adventure," teases Holloway, who says he was relieved Sawyer is not one of the Oceanic Six. I wanted him to stay on the island.'

April 11, 2008
- From Kristin of E!: Three-Hour Lost Season Finale Over Two Nights!
'It's official: Sources confirm to me exclusively that Steve McPherson has signed off on Lost's extraspecial 14th hour this season, which means Lost is getting a three-hour finale! The first hour airs May 15, the second and third hours will air May 29, beginning at 9 p.m.'

March 17, 2008
Via DarkUFO: Internet featurette - the cast talks about Michael's return

March 14, 2008
- DarkUFO confirming the list of the O6: Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sun, Aaron.

March 3, 2008
- TV Guide, March 10-16 issue - The Cast's Burning Questions Answered!
Josh Holloway: Is it Jack's turn with Kate?
Cuse:
[Laughs] That doesn't sound very romantic, but I guess we get the underlying meaning. The Jack-Kate situation remains unresolved and probably will be for a while.
Lindelof: We will say we haven't seen the last of Sawyer and Kate this season. Not by a long shot.

February 26, 2008
Via DarkUFO: Josh interview with Sky magazine - page 1 | page 2 | page 3

February 24, 2008
The New York Post: 10 reasons why 'Lost' is found
2. We learn Jack's fate: The finale introduced the flash forward and showed us Jack's (Matthew Fox) slide into alcoholism when he leaves the island. "The flash forward is part of an overall plan for the show," says Damon Lindelof, co-executive producer. "Season 4 is about who gets off the island and the fact that they need to get back. Season 5 is about why they need to get back, and season 6 is about what happens when they get back."

3. We know who survives: Season four introduced six survivors: Jack (Matthew Fox); Kate (Evangeline Lilly); Hurley (Jorge Garcia), and Sayid (Naveen Andrews). This "Oceanic 6" make it off the island, but one will die - exactly who will be revealed this season. "We've made a choice to focus on the characters that fans have loved since the beginning - Jack, Kate, Sawyer (Josh Holloway), Locke (Terry O'Quinn), Sayid and Hurley," says Lindelof.

8. More sexual tension: The love quadrangle between Jack and Kate, Kate and Sawyer, and Jack and Juliet promises delicious complications, with Jack telling Kate he loves her, Sawyer asking Kate to shack up with him on the island and Juliet saving the day for Jack.

February 21, 2008
- Terry O'Quinn interviewed by The Canadian Press
AP: You've had other disagreements with the writers.
O'Quinn: At the end of Season 3 Locke throws a knife into Naomi's back and I said, 'This really hurts me, It's so not typical and it's so out of character and it seemed gratuitous.' I made the biggest stink I ever made with (executive producers) Damon Lindelhof and Carlton Cuse and they said, 'Look, Locke believes he was doing the right thing. His life was saved, he's been told, he's been instructed. He believes that this is the most dangerous person in the world right now and he does what he does. Do it.' I said, 'Well, you know, if I stab her in the back couldn't I at least shoot Jack in the knee or something?'

AP: What's it like working with such a large cast?
O'Quinn: One of the nice things about this cast, this size of cast, you get a new episode and you go, 'Oh great, now I get to work this little arc with Michael Emerson. We have a lot together. Or with Josh Holloway or Evangeline Lily and it's almost always a pleasure to find out who you're working with. Almost.

AP: Are there some you aren't pleased to work with?
O'Quinn: There've been some rough times but it's very familial in that way. It's like the holidays when you go, 'Oh God, uncle Bob's going to get drunk and abuse my cousin. But we'll get through it.'

February 20, 2008
From EW: Jeff Jensen interview with Lindelof and Cuse
- Naomi and Elsa's bracelets had no mytological purpose, they just thought giving Elsa the same bracelet would bring memories in Sayid;
- Adam and Eve, the skeletons, will be adressed but not this season;
- Episode 4x05 "deals with time travel and operates in different time periods";
- In episode 4x05, we'll find out which kind of calls the satellite phone can do and which it can't, explaining why they can't call the outside world;
- By the end of the season we will know who is in the coffin;
- The larger mythos, like "The Purge", will come back in season 5;
- NO to alternative realities, because they want the audience to invest in the story and the characters and what happens to them - that doesn't exclude time travel and bending of the space/time continuum though;
- By the end of the season, we'll know what happened since the O6 left the island/got rescued, to the point Jack and Kate meet in the airport;
- We'll see more hints to Jacob and the cabin, but that's not something that will be answered by the end of this season;
- the Orchid video showed at Comic Con is important this season;
- the mystery of Ben's list is linked to the wreckage seen at the bottom of the ocean.

February 1, 2008
Video interview with the cast for E!

January 30, 2008
Doc Arzt interview with Josh Holloway for BuddyTV

January 25, 2008
Video Interview with the cast of Lost for Sky One (thanks to sophie via DarkUFO)
Cast members featured: Josh Holloway, Michael Emerson, Yunjin Kim, Matthew Fox.

January 24, 2008
- Sounbite: Evangeline Lilly on the romantic triangle (thanks to tater):
"The triangle just becomes more complicated, it becomes more like a rectangle. And um that's fun. That's exciting. I've been saying now for two-ish seasons that, um, I want to see Kate stand on her own two feet, outside of any man, and I think everyone's going to interpret what happens with Kate, romantically, differently."

- Sounbite: Josh Holloway on the Sawyer/Kate relationship and S4 (thanks to tater):
"So far it's still, there's still feelings there and um, we have an encounter again this season. And it's an interesting one too...We've still got feelings, and we're undecided where that's going, and like I said before, I'm not sure exactly sure where my character is going to end up, so I think he may be proposing certain things to her, or her to him, like, 'Where ya gonna go?' It's kind of all up in the air because of the situation on the Island."

"This season is awesome so far, from what I'm reading and shooting. The stories are so concise and it's fast-paced and it's flashing forward and it's flashing back and it's in the present and it's always moving. Now...that's the best way I can describe Lost now: It's always moving, the story."

"Tune in for season four because the story is heating up and it's very concise and it's definitely heading toward an endpoint, so...now is the time not to wait for the DVD. Time to watch it, because every show is very intriguing and moves the story forward."

January 22, 2008
Tv Guide article: cover | page 1 | page 2 (scans credits: susan14509 & Ralphie)
"Sawyer's bit cautious about people coming to rescue them," Holloway says. "He's come to the realization that there really is nothing back [home] for him. His life wasn't good. I don't think he'd know what to do back there." (interview taken in September 2007)

January 20, 2008
- From DarkuFO's blog: Sky One poster - bigger version

- From Lyly ford's blog: Sky One S4 poster

January 14, 2008
- Watch with Kristin - Spoiler Chat: Sawyer's death?; Penelope; Kate and one of the Boaties?; Jack&Juliet
Julia in San Diego: Lost! I just read somewhere that Sawyer might not make it through the season. Please save me from a true panic attack and tell me Sawyer isn't going anywhere!
Yes, Sawyer's going to be killed off in episode six, and from what I understand that will be the show's last-ever mention of the character. Audiences just never warmed up to him, and the writers realized it was best to simply give his off-putting storyline to a swift, clear-cut end. (I'm kidding. Seriously now, with all the stressing going on at tvdiva@eonline.com, I worry that you guys are all gonna give yourselves aneurysms. I promise you, if Sawyer were to eventually get killed off, which I consider unlikely in the extreme, the show would at least do it Nate Fisher style—that guy is gonna be around until the end in one way or another.)

January 10, 2008
- Promotional poster for S4 @ Lost-Media.com

- First Group promotional photo for S4 @ Lost-Media.com

December 21, 2007
Sawyer character promotional photo for S4 @ Lost-Media.com

December 19, 2007
ABC official description for Season 4
Rumors
April 30, 2008
By Cid via DarkUFO: Sawyer and Kate Spotted with Filming Crew in LA?
'I have been a big fan of your site for a long time and when I got this info I knew I had to give it to you. I have a good friend who lives in Los Angeles and she told me that she seen Josh Holloway and Evangeline Lilly leaving a house together with a small film crew. Now dont get me wrong I asked 100 times, "are you serious?" She guarenteed me and swore on her kids that it was no lie. I am not sure to what extent this could mean, but the first thing that came to my mind was... Maybe the "He" really is Sawyer that Kate says to Jack.'
Previous Threads

Josh as Sawyer in Lost S4: Past, present, future. We'll follow him everywhere.
#3: Nine months of hiatus?! Come to join the therapy group.
#4: 2° FF -> LA hotel, Maria/Fran/Misty+Sawyer. Guess the rest
#5: Our "Lost outcast" investigation? Not obsession, but scientific dedication.
#6: Apparently, it really is about bunnies.
#7: Fear our detective skills, foiler guys.
#8: An apparition? No, he really is filming.
#9: Lost on Monday: nothing better than Sawyer to start a new week.
#10: Trust no one, but the Hawaiian reporters.
#11: First set photos, Sawyer is back in action.
#12: The WTF spoilers are back: Sawyer meeting Fred Flintstones?
#13: Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer. (this title tries to compensate the lack of news)
#14: Max didn't make it to the theaters, but Sawyer did.
#15: We're just Sawyer fans, like Carlton.
#16: So, about those kids in tattered clothes...
#17: These boots were made for speculating.
#18: "That guy is gonna be around until the end"
#19: "And here I thought I'd finally be gettin' a good night's sleep"
#20 - Taller ghost Walt ordered: "Put that kitchen counter to good use"
#21: You are our constant, James.
#22: We would like to time travel to when Sawyer gets a storyline.
#23: Unlike the writers, we honor continuity & don't drop storylines.
#24: "Without a juicy Sawyer-centric piece we'll be dying." - DocArzt
#25: Burn, Monopoly, burn.
#26: James Ford and the Secret of the Lost Plotline
#27: A knight without armor in a savage land.

Last edited by Hawthorn; 05-19-2008 at 04:13 AM
Old 05-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 05-11-2008, 04:36 AM
Master Fan

I love the title and especially the banner.
Thanks Deej.

Jorge said this about the finale:
Quote:
"Ummm.... Well it's going to be hard to top Kate and Jack off island. But it's big. Really big."
Not really a spoiler for me.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Did I do it right? I hope so.

Something big huh? What, Godzilla?

I think I'm giving up on actor interviews. They're as bad as the producers.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej240z (View Post)
Did I do it right? I hope so.

Mama Fran will come soon and preaise or reward you somehow.
Your choice to put Locke's head onto the clown's body is brilliant and fits very well with what his, once great character, has been reduced to this season.

Quote:
Something big huh? What, Godzilla?

I think I'm giving up on actor interviews. They're as bad as the producers.
To be fair he was just answering a fan question on the Fuselage and maybe felt like he had to say something.
Still, it seems like lately the actors have been worse with hyping the show than Drlton themselves.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteriosa (View Post)

Mama Fran will come soon and preaise or reward you somehow.

Quote:
Your choice to put Locke's head onto the clown's body is brilliant and fits very well with what his, once great character, has been reduced to this season.

It was his destiny. Locke the clown. Ben the ringmaster. And Sawyer and Kate trying to connect and not quite getting there. It sorta fit.

Quote:
To be fair he was just answering a fan question on the Fuselage and maybe felt like he had to say something.
Still, it seems like lately the actors have been worse with hyping the show than Drlton themselves.
I suppose they have to go over the top. Their numbers are not so great this year.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Lol But she's super sweet.

Quote:
It was his destiny. Locke the clown. Ben the ringmaster. And Sawyer and Kate trying to connect and not quite getting there. It sorta fit.
Yes, it did. Sawyer and Kate are being kept apart by the invisible, evil forces - the writers. They are in the pic, but we can't see them.

Quote:
I suppose they have to go over the top. Their numbers are not so great this year.
The numbers are definitely not great, but I rememeber seeing a video in which Carlton basically blamed the bad results on Nielsen and new viewing habits.
Here: Media Mentions: Carlton Cuse, the producer of "Lost" is not happy with Nielsen

Lately they've admitted to getting the feedback from online fans, which IMO explains a lot of things, especially if they visit the forum I think they do.

I would honestly be surprised to learn that regular viewers care more about Desmond and Penny than Skate or even Jate. It's just unimaginable for me. But at the same time, I'm sure the kiss Darlton are pimping is theirs because that's what online fans would like to see.

It's not just Lost problem IMO. I don't live in the US so I have no idea what's really going on there, but judging by popularity on the internet, it would seem Smallville, Veronica Mars, Jericho, Supernatural, Gossip Girl and a whole lot of other shows are extremely popular and have great ratings. The truth is, very, very little people watch them. Desperate Housewives has very little buzz surrounding it, but good ratings nonetheless.

The networks might want to go out and get info from some people who don't spend their time discussing the shows on message boards.

Last edited by misteriosa; 05-11-2008 at 06:59 AM
Old 05-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
The numbers are definitely not great, but I rememeber seeing a video in which Carlton basically blamed the bad results on Nielsen and new viewing habits.
Here: Media Mentions: Carlton Cuse, the producer of "Lost" is not happy with Nielsen
Typical show runner bull****. Imo. I've heard it before. They always pull that card when the numbers don't suit them. Nielsen counts the numbers of people who actually watch the show when it's on the air. It's how they get their advertising rates. Whether people watch on line, in their showers, or whatever, that's not what Nielsen is about. I bet most of those 3 million extra viewers are repeat viewers who already watched and want to watch on line too. Or download it after already watching.

Quote:
Lately they've admitted to getting the feedback from online fans, which IMO explains a lot of things, especially if they visit the forum I think they do.
Biggest mistake in the entire f-ing world. On line viewers are a niche group and do not make up a general demographic.

Quote:
I would honestly be surprised to learn that regular viewers care more about Desmond and Penny than Skate or even Jate. It's just unimaginable for me. But at the same time, I'm sure the kiss Darlton are pimping is theirs because that's what online fans would like to see.
I really can't say much about D/P. Only that in my circle of friends no one mentions them. Des, yes, about how hot he is and freaking cool to be a time traveler, but that's about it. D/P have had less than 5 minutes of screentime together. Not much to base a case for popularity. :shurg: One thing I am certain about, I don't care who kisses whom. If it turns out to be skate, so what. We already know she's ready to hop on the matrimonial train in the future without a second thought.

Quote:
It's not just Lost problem IMO. I don't live in the US so I have no idea what's really going on there, but judging by popularity on the internet, it would seem Smallville, Veronica Mars, Jericho, Supernatural, Gossip Girl and a whole lot of other shows are extremely popular and have great ratings. The truth is, very, very little people watch them. Desperate Housewives has very little buzz surrounding it, but good ratings nonetheless.
Here in the US, most of those shows are either cancelled or on the verge of being cancelled (except gossip girl, I think they got picked up for another season). And, they're only talked about by the under 25 crowd. I never hear anything about them outside the net. DH on the other hand, is not as hot as it was but still gets some buzz.

Quote:
The networks might want to go out and get some people who don't spend their time discussing the shows on message boards.
I would certainly hope so.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Typical show runner bull****. Imo. I've heard it before. They always pull that card when the numbers don't suit them. Nielsen counts the numbers of people who actually watch the show when it's on the air. It's how they get their advertising rates. Whether people watch on line, in their showers, or whatever, that's not what Nielsen is about. I bet most of those 3 million extra viewers are repeat viewers who already watched and want to watch on line too. Or download it after already watching.
I agree.
Also, from some articles I read, the main reason people use DVRs is to skip ads, but on the other hand it turns out many don't skip ads. There is a lot of money involved here so each side is probably interpreting survey results in a way which suits them best.

Quote:
I really can't say much about D/P. Only that in my circle of friends no one mentions them. Des, yes, about how hot he is and freaking cool to be a time traveler, but that's about it. D/P have had less than 5 minutes of screentime together. Not much to base a case for popularity. :shurg: One thing I am certain about, I don't care who kisses whom. If it turns out to be skate, so what. We already know she's ready to hop on the matrimonial train in the future without a second thought.
I wish I knew somebody who watched Lost, but I don't. My sister and her husband used to watch it. I believe he got bored/frustrated in season 2. She didn't know I watched it and when I said I did, she immediately mentioned Sawyer and said Jack was boring. That's it. I think she also stopped watching.

I agree with you about the possible Skate kiss. It's not just the FF Kate that bothers me, but mostly the way she treated Sawyer on the island. Horribly.

I think the writers are just playing with Skaters now.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I agree.
Also, from some articles I read, the main reason people use DVRs is to skip ads, but on the other hand it turns out many don't skip ads. There is a lot of money involved here so each side is probably interpreting survey results in a way which suits them best.
Exactly. I recently got a dvr so I could record in hd and also because I can't stay up that late to watch live. However, I skip the commercials. And most of the show too.

Quote:
I wish I knew somebody who watched Lost, but I don't. My sister and her husband used to watch it. I believe he got bored/frustrated in season 2. She didn't know I watched it and when I said I did, she immediately mentioned Sawyer and said Jack was boring. That's it. I think she also stopped watching.
I use to know 10 people at work and out who watched. All but 2 are no longer watching. But both like Jack. So, really, I have no one but online to bitch with.

Quote:
I agree with you about the possible Skate kiss. It's not just the FF Kate that bothers me, but mostly the way she treated Sawyer on the island. Horribly.
Well, there's that too.

Quote:
I think the writers are just playing with Skaters now.
They've been playing us since Lindelof took over. JJ did it too, but differently. I don't think Abrams was as arrogant. But maybe that was just because he wasn't around as much.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly. I recently got a dvr so I could record in hd and also because I can't stay up that late to watch live. However, I skip the commercials. And most of the show too.
That's what I'd expect anyone to do.

Quote:
I use to know 10 people at work and out who watched. All but 2 are no longer watching. But both like Jack. So, really, I have no one but online to bitch with.
My sympathies.

Quote:
They've been playing us since Lindelof took over. JJ did it too, but differently. I don't think Abrams was as arrogant. But maybe that was just because he wasn't around as much.
I only came online when "...And Found" aired in the US so I don't know much about the Abrams era, but since he worked closely with Damon and handed the show over to him, I think Carlton is not the one making the shots.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

D, thanks a lot for starting the thread!
The OP is perfect and the banner is simply great.
As reward, youy can choose between A) a cookie; B) a Sawyer picspam; C) a toupe realized with Jack's chest hair by Darlton's moms.
Quote:
But she's super sweet.
What have I done of so awful for you to say these things behind my back?
Super sweet?!
You are shaming me.

About the general viewers feedback, the only person I know in real life who watches Lost is my best friend. So, a male perspective, from a guy who has never posted on or read a message board. He doesn't care at all about Jate or Skate, to him Kate's flip-flops are annoying (he finds Jack's love for Kate ridiculous but thinks Sawyer will be the one ending up alone). He loves Desmond, once his favorite character was Locke but he can't understand his actions lately. He isn't really interested in romance, but thinks Penelope and Desmond's story is beautiful because you can see they love each other, and invest in that. My friend's following Lost with the Italian dubbed episodes and so he's up to The Constant.

I have to say I wouldn't mind if the triangle got less buzz than what I believe it gets. We are in this situation because people are still giving so much attention to the whole "Kate's choice" situation. That's why I've stopped to ask Kristin or Ausiello about it, that's why when I comment around in places I think TPTB could read I simply bring it up to say I'm sick of it, not to defend my ship or attack the awfulness that Jate is.

Sometimes I hate how loud shippers are, and myself for being one of them, lol.
If Sawyer's story hadn't been linked to Kate so much, it would be easier.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
What have I done of so awful for you to say these things behind my back?
Super sweet?!
You are shaming me.

Quote:
About the general viewers feedback, the only person I know in real life who watches Lost is my best friend. So, a male perspective, from a guy who has never posted on or read a message board. He doesn't care at all about Jate or Skate, to him Kate's flip-flops are annoying (he finds Jack's love for Kate ridiculous but thinks Sawyer will be the one ending up alone). He loves Desmond, once his favorite character was Locke but he can't understand his actions lately. He isn't really interested in romance, but thinks Penelope and Desmond's story is beautiful because you can see they love each other, and invest in that. My friend's following Lost with the Italian dubbed episodes and so he's up to The Constant.
I meant to ask you if Lorenzo started watching season 4.
What is his opinion about about the direction the show has taken this year?
Jack's love ridiculous? How dare he?

Quote:
I have to say I wouldn't mind if the triangle got less buzz than what I believe it gets. We are in this situation because people are still giving so much attention to the whole "Kate's choice" situation. That's why I've stopped to ask Kristin or Ausiello about it, that's why when I comment around in places I think TPTB could read I simply bring it up to say I'm sick of it, not to defend my ship or attack the awfulness that Jate is.

Sometimes I hate how loud shippers are, and myself for being one of them, lol.
If Sawyer's story hadn't been linked to Kate so much, it would be easier.
I kind of agree with you.
What makes me go insane are ship wars, more than anything else. I wish each side would just stick to their own areas and discuss their own ship. Maybe the writers keep pushing Jate because it keeps everyone talking, especially Skaters. They are creating buzz for the ship they don't like. I really felt like some of the things they've written this season for Jack and Kate have been direct responses to criticism expressed online.

I post about Sawyer and Kate when I feel like it. I wish I had something nice to say, but I don't so it's mostly negative stuff. I don't want them to think their tricks to keep Skaters hoping are working. They are not. If I think the writers are going down the JIF route, I'll say it.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I meant to ask you if Lorenzo started watching season 4.
What is his opinion about about the direction the show has taken this year?
Jack's love ridiculous? How dare he?

I haven't had the chance to talk to him yet, he's out of town so we have either text messaged or had very6 short phones calls, and Lost has been only briefly mentioned. He has sent me a text message after Eggtown which said "Jesus Christ, just saw ep. 4. We need to talk". I don't know what his reactions have been.
Quote:
I kind of agree with you.
What makes me go insane are ship wars, more than anything else. I wish each side would just stick to their own areas and discuss their own ship. Maybe the writers keep pushing Jate because it keeps everyone talking, especially Skaters. They are creating buzz for the ship they don't like. I really felt like some of the things they've written this season for Jack and Kate have been direct responses to criticism expressed online.
But exactly what have they fixed? People said Jack's I Love You was out of the blue last year, how do they think it felt to see Jack and Kate hook-up, live together and break up in the span of 42 minutes of screentime and ten days in the story? What they wanted to accomplish showing us that Jack had towards to Kate the same reaction displayed with Sara? I thought episode 10 would've been the first big stone for the foudation of Jate as the end-game... maybe it was, but I didn't se any real progress or change.
Quote:
I post about Sawyer and Kate when I feel like it. I wish I had something nice to say, but I don't so it's mostly negative stuff. I don't want them to think their tricks to keep Skaters hoping are working. They are not. If I think the writers are going down the JIF route, I'll say it.
As I said, what I hate the most is people who "fake" they are ok with a lot of stuff only because they think the reward is close. Skate can be proclaimed the ship who will get the happy ending in the triangle tomorrow, but that wouldn't stop me from saying how crappy a lot iof writing have been anyway.
Same if I think my ship is doomed - if I think so, why should i say otherwise, to keep the mood of the "troups" high?
Old 05-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
D, thanks a lot for starting the thread!
The OP is perfect and the banner is simply great.
*bows*

Quote:
As reward, youy can choose between A) a cookie; B) a Sawyer picspam;
picspam picspam picspam!!!!!

Quote:
C) a toupe realized with Jack's chest hair by Darlton's moms.
WHAT!?!?!?

Quote:
About the general viewers feedback, the only person I know in real life who watches Lost is my best friend. So, a male perspective,
Lorenzo?! Anything we should know about. Hmmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteriosa
I really felt like some of the things they've written this season for Jack and Kate have been direct responses to criticism expressed online.
?? Anything in particular?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread