Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-22-2007, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

What role would you like to see Jason in?

I hope this thread is ok! We have this topic at the Jake board. With all the recent rumors and stuff flying around...I figured we could talk about life after VM for Jason...whenever that happens (hopefully not for a while) I looked through the board and didn't see one started. I hope I didn't miss it if there is

So, what role(TV or movie) would you like to see Jason play?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

Right now, I'm loving the idea of him being in the new Spielberg/Hanks mini-series. I'd like to see him in a really good dramatic role, because he's amazing with drama, but I'd also like to see him do something really lighthearted and fun. He is a funny guy, and he's certainly had some hilarious moments on Veronica Mars, but it would be fun to see him tackle a character that's pure fun and doesn't have a ton of emotional baggage.

In conclusion, I'll be happy with just about anything.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's so hard to think of anything specific I'd like him to do, because he can do so much! I'd definately love to see him in something dark and intense that would show off his talent.. but like Sam, I'd like him to do a light and baggage-free, just because it would be so different to Logan.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Loyal Fan

I would like to see him do something very different from Logan. But I would also like for him to how off his acting skills in a drama. The best would be a romatic dramedy (drama/comedy). Jason would make a great leading man.

Veronica: You really think a relationship should be that hard?
Logan: No one writes songs about the ones that come easy.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Absolute Fan

I'd love to see Jason in a really strong dramatic role; something that really pushes him acting-wise. I think as an actor, he has so much to give and a drama would really showcase his talents and I think play to his strengths. Jason's intensity is such an asset for a drama, especially a well-written one. I just want to see him in more outside of VM! I'm not really picky!
Old 03-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurdelune (View Post)
Jason's intensity is such an asset for a drama, especially a well-written one.
I agree. I'd love to see him get something really dark and intense and see what he could do with it. Something similar to American History X or Half Nelson.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'm going with something dark, intense, and dramatic too. He definitely has the talent to pull a role like that off.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:41 AM
Addicted Fan

the first thing that came to mind was he would be good at Shane Wests character in Walk to Remember
Old 03-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Master Fan

I would love to see Jason in a dramatic role. Like the Spielberg/Hanks thing which sounds like it would have amazing material for him to work with. But I'd also love to see something light-hearted from Jason. I think he'd do really well in a romantic comedy because as we've seen in VM, he just has this easy, light, playful demeanor when he's playing a person in love and happy. I'd like to see more of that.

So, shangri_la found a lot of info on The Pacific War and this role sounds awesome for Jason.

Quote:
[ROBERT HUGH LECKI] 21 years old. Born in Philadelphia, PA, Robert Leckie grew up in an Irish Catholic middle class suburban New Jersey family. A ferocious intelligence, a thinly disguised poetic soul, and his Irish charm became his saving graces. Sometimes high-strung, even manic depressive (he was later diagnosed as bi-polar), Robert grew up struggling to control his temper and his fists. When the war began Leckie was writing as a sports reporter for the Bergin County Evening News. December 7, 1941 compelled Leckie to join the Marines. His introduction to war occurred on August 7th 1942 when the First Marine Division invaded Guadalcanal. Serving first as a Machine Gunner in H-2-1 and then as a Scout later in the war, "Lucky" as his friends called him, exhibited uncommon courage in combat as well as a deeply ingrained and compulsive distaste for all authority out of combat. The malaria, dysentery and starvation he endured during the war, however, paled in comparison to the progressively deepening existential crisis he experienced in the Pacific...LEAD
Actually, I can picture Jason in any of the late teen-early twenties roles listed but this role sounds like it would really give him amazing material and room to show a lot of depth and range. Not that we haven't seen that from him already but this would open the opportunity for the world at large (especially other filmmakers) to see it. The only downside to this is that the miniseries won't be released until 2009 and filming is in Australia with bootcamp beforehand and I think it's fairly safe to assume that filming will take a long time so Jason probably won't have time to work on anything that can come out in 2008 which means we might not see him in anything until 2009. Woe.

Oy, I just realized, on the off chance Jason does get this how ironic would it be for him to play a character nicknamed "Lucky"?

Last edited by neko_chan; 03-25-2007 at 08:09 AM
Old 03-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

I think we did have a thread like this back in the early days but it died during the crash I think.

As for what role, I guess it would depend on the material, the writing. When I first answered this question ages ago I opted and preferred something more dramatic. Now after all the angst on VM, I've eased up a bit on that lol. I wouldn't mind something lighter if the writing was up to par. But I'm up for anything at this point. What's so great is that we know he has such wonderful range so I'm sure he'll be on top of his game in whatever he chooses.

neko_chan, this was the movie Jason mentioned right? Is that still a possibility for him I wonder?
Old 03-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Julie, I'm with you. I do hope he gets a role in that Spielberg/Hanks series.

I love him in serious, angsty roles. VM was such a showcase for his talents in season 1, less so in season 2 and even less in season 3.

He can do well with almost anything, but it would be nice if he got a role that was worthy of his talents!!!
Old 03-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB (View Post)
neko_chan, this was the movie Jason mentioned right? Is that still a possibility for him I wonder?
Yep, it is. I don't know, according to shangri_la's post the info she has was posted at a forum by a guy who auditioned. I think the auditions were held fairly recently. I don't know if Jason had the opportunity to go but keeping my fingers crossed for this or for any other project really.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

Double posting to say that I read that Jason mentioned this past weekend that he's already went through two auditions now for The Pacific. That sounds promising and I'm rooting now more than ever for him to get this. He's so deserving.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him, too! I think this would be a great opportunity for him.

Icon credit: Here