Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

Veronica Mars Novels Appreciation/Discussion Thread #1: The Action Lives On!

Welcome to the Veronica Mars Novels Appreciation & Discussion Thread #1

Quote:
From Rob Thomas, the creator of the television series and movie phenomenon Veronica Mars, comes the first book in a thrilling mystery series that picks up where the feature film left off.

Ten years after graduating from high school in Neptune, California, Veronica Mars is back in the land of sun, sand, crime, and corruption. She’s traded in her law degree for her old private investigating license, struggling to keep Mars Investigations afloat on the scant cash earned by catching cheating spouses until she can score her first big case.

Now it’s spring break, and college students descend on Neptune, transforming the beaches and boardwalks into a frenzied, week-long rave. When a girl disappears from a party, Veronica is called in to investigate. But this is no simple missing person’s case; the house the girl vanished from belongs to a man with serious criminal ties, and soon Veronica is plunged into a dangerous underworld of drugs and organized crime. And when a major break in the investigation has a shocking connection to Veronica’s past, the case hits closer to home than she ever imagined.

In Veronica Mars, Rob Thomas has created a groundbreaking female detective who’s part Phillip Marlowe, part Nancy Drew, and all snark. With its sharp plot and clever twists, The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line will keep you guessing until the very last page.

Quote:
In the second book in the New York Times bestselling mystery series, Veronica Mars is back with a case that will expose the hidden workings of one of Neptune’s most murderous locations.

The Neptune Grand has always been the seaside town’s ritziest hotel, despite the shady dealings and high-profile scandals that seem to follow its elite guests. When a woman claims that she was brutally assaulted in one of its rooms and left for dead by a staff member, the owners know that they have a potential powder keg on their hands. They turn to Veronica to disprove—or prove—the woman's story.

The case is a complicated mix of hard facts, mysterious occurrences, and uncooperative witnesses. The hotel refuses to turn over its reservation list and the victim won’t divulge who she was meeting that night. Add in the facts that the attack happened months ago, the victim’s memory is fuzzy, and there are holes in the hotel’s surveillance system, and Veronica has a convoluted mess on her hands. As she works to fill in the missing pieces, it becomes clear that someone is lying—but who? And why?
- Synopsis taken from Amazon.

Last edited by alee23; 02-24-2015 at 03:36 PM
Old 04-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

Who else has read it? I have feelings to share!
Old 04-12-2014, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

I've read it.
There was definitely not enough Logan but it was a good book.
Michelle♥
Old 04-13-2014, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

No, there really wasn't enough Logan, but I understood why. I also think he'd probably have been less than thrilled with the case so I suppose it's good for the actual case, but not for our peace of mind.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

I saw Rob Thomas tweet that said there will be a lot more Logan in the next book. The movie was very Logan centric so i guess I can forgive the book. and like you say can't imagine he would have been pleased with how Veronica went about solving the case.
It was nice to see a little more of the Wallace, Veronica and Mac friendships
Michelle♥
Old 04-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

That's one of the reasons why it didn't bother me as much, Michelle. I think we all benefited from seeing Veronica's response to what she has with Logan from a serious distance, but I also look forward to seeing how Logan fits into the new work she's doing.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

I really loved seeing Veronica's thoughts on Logan written down. That paragraph about how Logan can see through her and tell her things she can't tell herself and thats why she loves him, made my life. Feel like I was waiting for that forever.
Michelle♥
Old 04-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

It's good to see that she can admit that, though. Because it's harder to see (or tell) what Veronica thinks of Logan often times. TO see her that affected is good in my opinion.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

Finally read/finished the book! I quite liked it and could totally picture what was happening in my head as I read it. I liked how they had supporting characters from the show too. Definitely agree with your thoughts on how good it was to see inside Veronica's head and her thoughts on Logan, which we wouldn't necessarily get on screen. Bring on the next book!

Old 04-17-2014, 10:00 AM
Master Fan

I think that made it for me, that little look into Veronica's head about Logan.
I agree you could really picture everything as you read.
I'm excited for the next book. I'm hoping it starts around the time Logan comes home. I'd like a hot reunion scene lol
Michelle♥
Old 04-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

With RT saying that Logan's in the next book more, I can assume it'll be closer to his return home or after his return.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:36 AM
Master Fan

I'm assuming that too. Has there been any more info about the second book? As much as I enjoyed the book(and the movie), I feel like they were just the tip of the iceberg. I feel like there's still so much more to explore in the world of Veronica Mars
Michelle♥
Old 04-22-2014, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

I haven't heard much about the second book but I assume Rob's pretty busy with iZombie at the moment.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

I think the second book is mostly written - or that Rob's not doing too much with iZombie in the works. But who knows...
Old 04-23-2014, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

Hopefully get some info or a tweet soon
Michelle♥