Master Fan

Ringer Episode 14: "Whores Don't Make That Much" Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Ringer Episode 14: "Whores Don't Make That Much"
Discussion Thread

Quote:
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21

"RINGER" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET)

"Whores Don't Make That Much"

THE RIFT BETWEEN THE TWO SISTERS IS REVEALED -Bridget (Sarah Michelle Gellar) encounters Dylan (guest star Misha Collins, "Supernatural"), who was an important part of the sisters' past. After finding something in Henry's (Kristoffer Polaha) possession that belongs to Bridget, Malcolm (Mike Colter) befriends Henry to keep an eye on him. Catherine (guest star Andrea Roth) asks Andrew (Ioan Gruffudd) to make a big decision regarding Juliet (Zoey Deutch) that could change their family dynamic. Nestor Carbonell also stars. Janice Cooke directed the episode written by Robert Doherty.
Producers' Episode Sneak Peek:

Discuss/speculate away folks!

Old 02-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

I still haven't watched this weeks, but is there any hint if Jason is here this week?
Old 02-19-2012, 01:54 AM
Master Fan

I have high hopes that Jason's in this ep without spoiling last week's ep for you. There was reference to him in the producer's sneak peek so I'd be very suprised (and disappointed!) if he's not.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrocurl (View Post)
I still haven't watched this weeks, but is there any hint if Jason is here this week?
I heard that he was in this episode.

Hopefully we get a good amount of screen time too! *knocks on wood*
Old 02-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowanlove (View Post)
I heard that he was in this episode.

Hopefully we get a good amount of screen time too! *knocks on wood*
OMG now I'm excited. ARE YOU SURE?

yay!

J♥Jlion&lambKristenBOFLMHKHSA♥B
ღ Jason  Ioan G.  Cole  Jacob B.  ∕ Vote new forums: Angelina Jolie ღ
Old 02-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Even though this episode seems to be focused on the sisters past I'm hoping Jason gets a good bit of screentime too.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mღsical J&J (View Post)
OMG now I'm excited. ARE YOU SURE?

yay!
My friend that normally knows these things said Jason was in the episode, so I feel comfortable taking his word for it! Of course, it I don't know how heavily he's featured or anything, just that we'll see him, but I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:00 AM
Master Fan

Going off that producers's sneak peek, I'm pretty sure we'll see him too.
(Otherwise they're going to definitely have one cranky fangirl on their hands!)

Old 02-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm really looking forward to this one. Now that we have a better idea of what's going on, anything further will be fantastic. Especially if we get to see that devious smile again.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't say I'm suprised by Kathryn being involved in this. She was constantly underminding Juliet trying her best to get her to not go on trial and testify against him plus her encouraging Andrew to take the deal saying it was in Juliet's "best interests." I just wonder if it was her idea to bring Mr.C and Tessa in on this I guess it was since she was the mastermind behind all of this this. Kathryn's greed is unbelievable no wonder Juliet is so screwed up with her as a role model she didn't have much of a chance.

Mr.C I have no idea about anymore I don't want to believe he beat up Tessa, but it doesn't look so good right now. Juliet told him about her money being under her bed and her foster mom descibed this person as a guy who only took the money.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower 654 (View Post)
Can't say I'm suprised by Kathryn being involved in this. She was constantly underminding Juliet trying her best to get her to not go on trial and testify against him plus her encouraging Andrew to take the deal saying it was in Juliet's "best interests." I just wonder if it was her idea to bring Mr.C and Tessa in on this I guess it was since she was the mastermind behind all of this this. Kathryn's greed is unbelievable no wonder Juliet is so screwed up with her as a role model she didn't have much of a chance.

Mr.C I have no idea about anymore I don't want to believe he beat up Tessa, but it doesn't look so good right now. Juliet told him about her money being under her bed and her foster mom described this person as a guy who only took the money.

I'm not surprised about Kathryn being the mastermind either and my unspoiled speculation is also that Kathryn was the one to bring in Mr C. I also think that they're lovers now as Mr Carpenter is obviously gorgeous and it would be a good way for Kathryn to make sure she's in the loop, without having to rely completely on Juliet. Why would Mr C trust that a high school student (even a rich one), would be able to successfully pull off a plan to net him millions, but if that student's Mom proposed the idea and she's obviously an adult, plus experienced in that world, it's a whole other ball game.

I also think that Mr C called Kathryn and told her all about how Juliet's starting to have a meltdown, Tessa is hiding millions under the bed and spending the money conspicuously and Kathryn made sure to find someone to take care of that little problem.

After all, it's one thing for Mr C to go along with a plan for Juliet to deceive her father and get millions as he, Juliet (and Tessa) all win and it's only his reputation and career that gets hurt and it's a white collar, victimless crime, but assaulting Tessa is something I just don't think he'd do.

Not to mention, if Mr C wanted to screw Juliet & Tessa over...that $10 million dollars was in his name. He could have just not split the money with them and there wouldn't have been a way for either of them to accuse him of being duplicitous without also implicating themselves in his plot, which included perjury, among other crimes.

Now, hopefully I won't find myself disappointed and we learn Mr C is actually not just someone that's willing to go along with a deception for financial gain, but he's willing to brutalize and potentially murder someone to do it!
Old 02-23-2012, 04:23 AM
Master Fan

After last week's ep I wasn't sure where it was going. When Tessa got beaten up, I thought "wow they really are ripping off Wild Things", but then when the reveal with Catherine happened there went that thought. I was like OMG! but it definitely does make sense. I don't believe Carpenter beat Tessa. I too think Catherine hired someone to do it.

I definitely want to know what happens next and with the trailer for next week which has quite a bit of Carpenter in it, it seems clearer but we never really know with this show!

Old 02-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowanlove (View Post)
My friend that normally knows these things said Jason was in the episode, so I feel comfortable taking his word for it! Of course, it I don't know how heavily he's featured or anything, just that we'll see him, but I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
thank you. that's so great you know those things! just don't forget to share them with your friends hehe

I'm worried about Mr. C ...because I don't believe he beat Tessa up.

He could be in danger (and maybe even Juliet too!)

J♥Jlion&lambKristenBOFLMHKHSA♥B
ღ Jason  Ioan G.  Cole  Jacob B.  ∕ Vote new forums: Angelina Jolie ღ
Old 02-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mღsical J&J (View Post)

I'm worried about Mr. C ...because I don't believe he beat Tessa up.

He could be in danger (and maybe even Juliet too!)
I definitely think Catherine hired someone and not just because I don't want to believe that Mr C did it! It just didn't or doesn't make sense for him to give Tessa the money and then beat her up to take it back, especially when it was obviously a crime of opportunity. I think if Mr C wanted Tessa's money, he would have already had a plan to get it back (if he didn't just keep it) and since he knows when Tessa is in school, he could have easily planned to steal it when he knew she wasn't home, etc. I just don't think he goes from being a school teacher to being a thug. I can see the white collar crime, because that's easy enough to do, not to mention, it's something they could have done without his cooperation and he would have lost his job and reputation and wouldn't have gotten millions out of it, like he did in this scenario.

I don't know if Catherine had someone beat up Tessa, but if it was someone other than Mr C, I can also see him being in danger. Juliet may have been willing to share the money with Mr C and Tessa, but that doesn't mean Catherine is willing to share the money. (Not that it's hers, but if Juliet comes to live with her in Miami, she'll expect her daughter to support her/their lifestyle.)
Old 02-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Catherine defintely has been shown to be reckless, greedy and unpredictable so Mr.C could be in alot of danger as well. I truly don't want to believe he has anything to do with what happened to Tessa it also seems too obvious that he did.